Author Topic: Meet Lily!  (Read 64654 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Meet Lily!
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 23:31:27 PM »
I think she's trying to find the 'From the Cat's Mouth' section  ;)

Hope you've got somet really nice to give her when she comes back from the vet on Thursday :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 22:55:14 PM »
I'm thinking more and more that she's been abandoned. She gets into a lot of mischief, more than any kitten I've had, and took a while to get used to using a litter tray, but she's also more affectionate than any cat I've had, so she's not been treated cruelly before she was kicked out (if she was).
Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that nobody will come for her so I won't have to imagine giving her up.   :sneaky:
Anyway, here she is trying to take over my computer:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 21:28:50 PM »
She really is stunning Dave  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 21:26:04 PM »
Such a beauty  :blow kiss:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 20:35:12 PM »
Finally got a half decent shot with my camera instead of my phone. Lily spends a lot of time sleeping on me, so I can't reach my camera, or running around like a maniac, so I miss her in the photo!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 16:53:42 PM »
She's booked in for next Thursday for spaying and micro chipping. She's not allwed food after 8pm, so it looks like she'll be spending the night in my room with just a bowl of water and a litter tray. Oh joy!  :Crazy:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 20:35:27 PM »
Just got a reply from CP about a voucher, so I'll be taking her in for spaying sometime next week. Fortunately she is really easy to handle, so I won't have any trouble getting her into the carrier.
Not for the first visit, anyway!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 16:46:39 PM »
Lily is a real beauty!  :Luv2:

Alfie would sooo love to play with Cleo, sometimes he just can't help himself and reaches out a paw towards her - or bops her fluffy tail as she goes past  :evillaugh:   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »
Sasa meeps at Lupin if he gets too close and becomes a proper shout and hiss if he doesnt listen, Lupin will try bopping Misa and rumbling, Misa lies there and then bops back harder and harder, then when Lupin just walking past will stick out a paw lol

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
Unless mine are trying to murder each other I leave them to it.  After a few minutes of hissing they are back to ignoring each other again. :)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 02:59:40 AM »
The funny thing is, Bramble used to be the instigator when she was a kitten. Now the tables are turned, she gets grumpy!  :Crazy:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Meet Lily!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:33 AM »
Oh wow she is stunning :D Dave
hmm settled in with her Slave ok then just need to make friends with her boss
It is worrying when they don't really get on yet Ya doing the right thing letting them sort it out and in the side line to step in if needed and try to be calm lol

Similar situation here with my two lads garf and marl with Mr blue newbie~ish stray
They don't get on with him don't really want him in third home but thankfully no bad fighting.  Mr blue knows he's number 3 and is always defensive if they go near him
Garf is nawty and will sneak up and bop him one when he's fast asleep! He literally sneaks up , looks , sneaks a bit closer then bop and runs off. Cheeky git!
I don't help as I always intervene and I shouldn't but I get all worried they will fight so it's my fault they prob don't get on very well!

It's brill you wi get her spayed , prev owners can't have cared much as she wasn't done already :(

Xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 00:15:17 AM »
What a poser  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 00:06:44 AM »
Cant you hear the cogs turning  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She is soooooooooooooooo beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 23:00:58 PM »

They've gone quiet for now, so I can relax for a while.

Nooooo! That is when they are most dangerous  :evillaugh:
But look at this picture of innocence!  :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 22:09:20 PM »

Nooooo! That is when they are most dangerous  :evillaugh:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 18:46:57 PM »
Definitely for me!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 17:58:22 PM »
I wonder if my doctor will let me have some tranquillisers, I may need them!  ;D

For you or for B&L?  :evillaugh:

Mary

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 17:43:29 PM »
Bramble and Lily have entered that worrying stage, just after them not really liking each other. Now they alternate between hissing at each other, and playing chasing games. It's terrifying to watch, because Bramble is more than twice as big as Lily, but Lily is usually the one starting things, often by going up to an unaware Bramble and slapping her!
I'll just have to keep out of it, but be ready to intervene if things get nasty.
I wonder if my doctor will let me have some tranquillisers, I may need them!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 17:34:11 PM »
Lily is gorgeous  ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 20:21:00 PM »
You're on the ball, I've noticed she is on your pic with the others  ;)

Mary

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 20:14:55 PM »
Lily's favourite is, of all things, lemon flavour, but I'm keeping it away from her until her stomach settles.
After that, she can have a little. It's got much less lactose than milk, but more than cheese.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 20:10:39 PM »
Dave she is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty  :Luv2: :hug:

Bonnie loves yoghurt and when I have one it's a spoonful for her and then one for me until the pot is empty  :rofl:

Mary

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 20:07:15 PM »
What a beautiful girl :) Congrats on your new adoption

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 20:05:43 PM »
She sounds a proper little character!  ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 19:45:51 PM »
She's also hilarious at times, though I often feel guilty for laughing, like when she took a yoghurt pot out of the sink so she could lick the remains of the yoghurt. Of course, she got her head stuck, and I had to chase a cat running backwaeds to free her. (I now wash out the pots immediately.)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 19:38:27 PM »
She's gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: Glad you decided to take her on Dave. Love the choice of name. I had a Lily once upon a time  :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 19:34:17 PM »
By the way, the details I've put in there are in case I've done something wrong, or could do better. Any ideas, please don't hold back. I know everyone here has the best interest of cats at heart!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
Meet Lily!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 19:15:25 PM »
As some of you know, this little bundle of mischief wandered into my house 2 weeks ago, and seemed determined to stay. Having had a cat go missing a few weeks before, I tried to spare someone else the torment, and had her checked for a chip (there isn't one), posted on local Facebook pages, contacted local cat rescues and RSPCA, and asked around the neighbourhood, all to know avail. I wondered if she may have escaped from a visit to the vet, as I'd heard several stories of that happening, so took her to the nearest one to me, even though I'm not at all keen on that particular practice, but they didn't recognise her.

When I posted about her on another thread, the comments convinced me that I should take the next step and adopt her, so I've given her a name (suggested by a friend, don't blame me!) and will arrange to have her spayed and chipped over the next few days. She still could be claimed so it's provisional, but it occurred to me it always is, especially in the first few months. She could get fed up with me and move on to pastures new!
She seems settled though. If I go to sit down, she's on my lap before I've made contact with the chair. I'm not exaggerating for effect, it's literally true! She's a devil for pinching things to play with, like magazines. I've dug out some cat toys that the others got bored with, including a "fishing rod" type one. I keep that one hidden away in a footstool/box, because the elastic might hurt her if she plays with it unattended, but when I opened the box to get something, she was in like a shot for her toy!
Most of the time though,she sits on my lap, or tucks herself into my arm:

I've had to change Bramble's food over to kitten food, as I think normal food is giving Lily the runs. It doesn't help that I have no idea what she was eating before. It's intermittent, and she doesn't show any signs of discomfort, like dragging her bum on carpets, and she has constant access to water, so I'm not too concerned yet. If it doesn't clear up in a week, then I'll worry. At least I've persuaded her to use a litter tray!

Link to CatChat