Author Topic: Felicity very poorly  (Read 10369 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Felicity very poorly
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
Pav, just popping by to see how things are.   :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2014, 13:41:08 PM »
How are you Pav, have you got your voice back?  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2014, 07:24:15 AM »

Pav.   :hug: :hug:   Clever Nelson, and Norty Miss Tortie!   :innocent: :evillaugh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:47 AM »
Alison, thank you :hug: :hug:

Hope you had a great holiday, cant wait to read about it on A-Team ;D

Gill, thank you. After Rosella mentioning his pink ear, I keep looking at them and noticed it changes. I wonder if its to do with his body temp ;D

Felicity was fine taking her med till yesterday but being a right madam now  :(  Still waiting for insurance claim forms!

Nelson on the other hand is taking his med and acting very sweet waiting out side for me to get home :Luv2:

Liz , love to see pics of your new kittens. I hope you manage to find the mum :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2014, 20:35:07 PM »
I missed this whilst I was on holiday and so sorry to hear that dear Felicity has not been well. :hug:

Do hope Felicity is making good progress and please give her a gentle hug from me :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Ducha didnt have any fur on his ears which were brown in colour unkuje normal skin, turns out this was quite normal for blue pointed birmans!

I really cant comment on the kitten situation except that doubt its been to the vets!

That flash flood soun ded terrible and hope it never happens again.

Love the pictures  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2014, 06:49:57 AM »

Oh Pav.  It can be a mindless world at times.   :hug: :hug:

Love the piccies, and the thought of Nelson coming for his playtime and catnapping his favourite toy did make me smile.  Fred does the same - he loves the Yeeeeooooweeee cat nip 'narnas that the boys have.  The boys play with them sproadiclally, but quite miffed when they see Fred playing with one.

I agree with Rosella - very unlikely a vet would hand out Bob Martin products.  I think, if I were able, I would suggest to the lady with the kitten that given his cat flu history, it might be better to take him back to the vet.  I suspect you'll be fobbed off though - I used to work with a girl like that.  I'd have had better success nailing jelly to a wall.   :(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2014, 22:05:04 PM »
BTW I hadn't realised that Mr J had such pretty pink ears  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
He has Rosella, hardly any hair on his ear which reminds me what sort of sun protector is best to use?

The kitten is a boy, I saw the picture with cat flu poor baby his eyes was terrible :( The vet said it was cat flu? I am going to email her later and ask all the questions.
What is wrong with people, when I visited the second vet with Felicity the other day the receptionist called me  cab as I couldn't speak, the cab driver said oh my mum has a cat and she just had 6 kittens and went on saying last time she had 3 >:( I took a pen and paper out and wrote have her neutered please which he replied we believe its inhumane to neuter animals :( The kittens are fine we give them away for free. So sad I thought I wish I had my voice but then it wont change any thing people like him are so narrow minded.
Well off to bed now , have a great evening. :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2014, 21:45:08 PM »
BTW I hadn't realised that Mr J had such pretty pink ears  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2014, 21:43:58 PM »
Oh dear Pav.  Sadly not sure that you could rely on any info you are being given about the "kitten".

I've never heard of a vet giving out Bob Martin products and am sure this isn't true  :(

She needs to know how long it's been since last fleas/worming treatment, how old is "kitten", is kitten fully recovered from cat flu (if it was cat flu), what is kitten's weight etc 
Also whether kitten may be pregnant  :(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2014, 21:26:07 PM »
Yes Gill, in 2002, flash flood it rained for less than 5 min I was told by neighbour who was at home at the time The whole street , it was a night mare  :(

Felicity just did a smelly poo but looks firm so I guess she must be getting better ;D

Cancelled GP, rushed back home as it started pouring down and I got paranoid , no flood just a broken tree in the back garden and grits every where from the roof.

Didn't put any food out for Nelson as it was raining heavily only to find him on my window sill looking in to ask where is my food then, rushed out with his plate and next he has the smiley cat nip toy in his mouth and running off  :Luv: Sadly he dropped the toy and didn't eat his food which I wasn't happy as had the synulox mixed already . Cant afford to waist the Synulox so its here waiting for him but how sweet that he rather have the cat nip than food. Shows how great Purrs toys are even a feral cant resist. Have a pic of his wound and the toy he tried to cat nap :evillaugh:
Also Felicity and Mr J , cant imagine how they managed to fit through the small hole on cat tree :shocked:
I was wondering if any one could advice me on this, a girl at work told me few months back her cousin bought a kitten from her neighbour only to find the poor kitten had cat flu >:( The neighbour breeding cats and dogs and sell them but its happening every where these days :( I told her she shouldn't have but not much I could do. Today she said the kitten has fleas and the vet has given the cousin shampoo and Bob martin but fleas still there so what could she do! The cousin emailed her the pic of the box and it says Spot on Dewormer? I doubt a vet would give Bob martin and think she might have got it from any shop. So what I need to know how soon after using BM she can treat the kitten with proper worming tablet and is it safe if I give her Frontline Combo to use for fleas and Milbemax for worming? I told her she has to treat the house. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 21:53:37 PM by pappilon »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2014, 13:27:54 PM »
Flood!  From rain?

Dam too dark to see grrrrrrrrrrrr

Give Felicty what she will eat Pav so she gets enough food  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
Thank you heather, yes I wake up to a carpet cover in white fur every morning :)

Thank you Slugsta, am off to see my GP this eve for my voice and my arm, getting very strong pins/needles in right arm all the way from my shoulder to my fingers . I keep dropping things :-:

Allison, thank you  :hug: :hug:
Sue, thank you for asking about Nelson, am afraid his wounds are not getting better I still have half bottle of Synulox which Liz sent me . Going to start him from today. :(

Rosella, the visitor cat seems to be spending more time here than home  ;D He/she is here when I bring mine in late at nights and very early mornings when I open the door but looks like a very happy and friendly cat.
Haven't been able to treat the home for fleas as t was raining all day yesterday and Felicity and Mr J stayed in all day :-: Need them out to be able to spray also had to move every thing from sitting room to upstairs on Saturday night in case we get flooded again . It was Aug 2002 when we had the flood :scared: So the flat is a mess. But combing Felicity every day for fleas.

Susanne, thank you for the vibes. Yes little visitor is very sweet and friendly :Luv:

Felicity is taking her METRONIDAZOLE , am hiding the tablets in Webbox treats but I can see that she has lost more weight in spite of eating her usual portions. She is not keen on sensitivity wet though! Don't want to stress her by taking her back to vet for weighing.
Thank you every one  :hug: :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
what a lovely looking visitor you have  :Luv:

Sending lots more healing vibes for Felicity and I hope she continues to do well.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
Beautiful visitor cat Pav that thankfully looks like he/she has a good home  :)

Hoping Felicity is continuing to eat OK and hope her poos remain OK too  :hug:  Also hoping the flea problem is under control.

One good thing about all this is that you appear to have rediscovered a decent vet  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2014, 06:47:13 AM »
Morning Pav.  So pleased to hear Felicity is till making good ground.  The little visitor cat is beautifully marked. 

How is Nelson's injury?

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2014, 20:28:24 PM »
So glad to hear that Felicity is still doing well  :hug: :hug:

Pav, your little visitor is a bit of a stunner  :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2014, 22:08:53 PM »
Glad to hear that Miss Felicity is eating well! How are you feeling now Pav?

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2014, 21:39:13 PM »
Great news! I bet the lump the vet felt was a large hairball. My cats are moulting really badly at the moment so its hairball season :evillaugh: :sick:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2014, 21:34:35 PM »
I am sure she will feel better when she is fleeless and you  :hug: :hug:

pleased she is eating and that another furball upchucked cos that will make her feel better too.

That cat is gorgeous  ;D

Hope your voice comes back soon and you get a full nights sleep soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2014, 21:19:32 PM »
Thank you ever one for all the hugs and vibes. Much needed and well received.
Susanne thank you so much not only the stressed he caused but now we have fleas and I am being beaten left and right, two very long day at work with no voice and constant scratching was no fun :-[
Gill, Slugsta she had another fur ball yesterday which I have to say I was delighted to see, hoping it makes her feel better.
Allison, thank you. She was very pretty as a kitten, now days she looks very serious  :-: :Luv2:

Sue, thank you :hug: Couldn't get much sleep Friday night as she kept pawing me . She do that when she wants some thing or to go out but it went on all night and I wasn't sure what is it she wants  :scared: So I decided to go with the antibiotics to see if it makes her feel better .
Its Metronidazole , 2 weeks course and also got her sensitivity wet to try her on. Managed to get couple of hours last night but she started around 2.30 am and been up since then. She has been eating though which I guess is a good sign . Hope the antibiotics make her feel better.
We have a new visitor , a very young cat not sure boy or girl but wearing collar , s/he cross the road to come and play with Mr J and Otto. Felicity not impressed. Here is the lil one. Thank you every one. :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »
I  hope Felicity is doing well today and that you are feeling less stressed.  Sending lots of hugs and vibes to you both  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2014, 07:17:34 AM »
Morning Pav.  Just topping up the positive vibes for Miss Felicity this morning, and hoping you've had a much better night's sleep.   :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2014, 20:54:41 PM »
So glad she's doing much better Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Such a pretty little girl  :Luv2:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2014, 18:55:08 PM »
I'm glad things are looking better now that you've gone to a different vet.  I can't believe the way that horrid vet treated you and how much stress he had caused. 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2014, 15:49:42 PM »
Cleo has just brought up a nice furball - we managed to catch it in the waste paper bin.

Pav, I hope you are feeling less stressed now  :hug: I'm not a morning person either. Although I used to get up for work for more than 30 years, I soon went back to my old ways once I retired.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2014, 13:29:54 PM »
Not a morning person here either  ;D

Love all three cats pav and am sure she will stop being grumpy soon.

Hope you are starting to relax a bit and then you will probably just zomk out  :innocent:

I suspect that furball caused everything to back up Sasa manages to evacuate her system backwards but the boy cats upchusk the along with everything they have just eaten. Misa eats to bring them up........sigh

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 06:49:36 AM »
Morning Pav!   Morning Miss Felicity.  Morning Mr Jingles.  Morning Nelson.   Sending you all tons of love this morning, and hoping you have a wonderfully good Friday.  Love the pics Pav   Especially the one where Mr J has his mouse - it's an Avenue of Cats.  A veritable "Infinite Cat project" of a picture.    :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »
Felicity back from vet looking grumpy with shaved neck.
Mr J being norty. :wow:
Better go and get ready for work :tired:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »
Here she is yesterday waiting for Mr Jingles to let go of his catch which he found dead under a tree :-:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2014, 06:01:18 AM »
Rosella thank you :hug: :hug: You are up early ;D
Carol, will def get some today, Mr J might like it too :)
Heather thank you not sure about furball, as she had one day before vet visit :sick:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2014, 05:36:18 AM »
That boy is just scrumptious  :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Am so very pleased that you went back to the previous vet Pav.  £38 for a 50 minute consultation  :shocked:   Fantastic  :wow: and he drew pictures as well!  Naturally I'm delighted that the prognosis for a full recovery for Miss F without surgery is now likely. 

Please pass on a  :care: to your beautiful girl.

Now all we need is you getting your voice back too  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2014, 00:47:20 AM »
Pav most cats seem OK with the RC wet if they're used to eating wet.   My two both enjoy it ( Biggles was on it for months when he had his tummy trouble) and whenever we've needed to use it at Paws Inn it's always gone down well.  It's supposed to be more easily digested than the dry .

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 23:18:14 PM »
Glad she is on the mend. Maybe she had a furball inside which was the lump he felt? I def would not go back to that vet again, what a rip off! >:(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 23:00:23 PM »
Thank you Gill, I hope you manage a good night sleep too :hug: :hug: I don't mind not sleeping at night only if I could stay in bed late. Never been a morning person me :innocent:

I have some deep scratches from Mr Jingles playing rough, I keep cleaning it with surgical spirit and don't use any plasters so the air dries it and heal faster
if it make sense. Better go to bed, my brain is off.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2014, 22:52:49 PM »
Have a great nights sleep Pav  :hug: :hug:

Think my hand will heal fine but just a bit slower than I thought!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 22:49:09 PM »
Awww Thank you, thank you every one :grouphug: I am happy, I know its not over and we might have to do all those things later but for her not having an operation its just great :)
Mad-lilli fashion statement, moi :naughty:
Sue, thank you :hug: I couldn't call for appointment so just went early and waited out side the surgery to open but the vet and the surgery manager were very well coming even after 2 years.
Carol , thank you it makes me more sad than angry that I or people like me put their trust in him and he is happy to let the poor animal suffer in order to make money :( Does Bunty eat her sensitivity food, do you give her dry or wet and dry? I got Felicity Hills which she wouldn't touch but she is ok with RC dry just not sure if she would eat wet RC. I hope her tummy is better soon but I guess its hard when they are hunters.

Gill, thank you. I was telling my neighbour about inside out trousers and she said its good luck, and I should play lottery tomorrow :innocent: Hope your hands healing. :hug:

Allison, thank you. I hope your day was ok :hug: :hug:
Kay thank you, I think when I go for food I ask for the tablets. I do hope its just an infection and she is on the mend.

Frances, thank you for all the links and advice :hug:
Slugsta, thank you for your support. I would tell him what I think of him and his surgery when I get my voice back and go to sort the insurance claim form. In long term he could have made a lot more money from me having 2 cats but its greed , he saw me desperate and thought he milk it. Shame on him .
No sign of my voice coming back yet :-: I think I should visit the GP next week.
Have a good night every one, I think I will get a good night sleep tonight till 5 am which Felicity clock goes off ;)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2014, 22:04:19 PM »
Oh Pav, that is the best news I have had a a long while!  :briggin:

I can't tell you what I think of the Nastyvet  :censored: he should never be allowed near animals, let alone sick ones  >:( Maybe you could make a complaint when this is over and you feel stronger?

Maybe your voice will return now that you are not under so much stress  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 21:21:22 PM »
I'm really pleased that you have had a much more positive examination of Felicity and that she seems to be on the mend.   :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2014, 20:13:19 PM »
I'm so happy for you Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Link to CatChat