Author Topic: Felicity very poorly  (Read 10367 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Felicity very poorly
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 14:23:19 PM »
Thank you Gill, I am going there at 4.30 as she said discharge time is between 4.30 and 6.30.
He said yesterday he felt a growth so why not take an x-ray while she was sedated?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 14:21:47 PM »
Sorry meant to say , Tell him to explain exactly what he is doing and why!

make sure you get a detailed breakdown of bill, overnight stay shouldnt be much as no staff involved!

Overnight stay with staff and vet if necessary about £28 at my 24/7 vet.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 14:18:39 PM »
This is sounding like a rip off, bring her home and make vet talk to you!

Geez I would be so angry  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 14:08:52 PM »
Please give me your thoughts on this.
Just called the vet and the nurse said the vet gave her another enemas and she has used the tray but refusing to eat :( I asked what about the x-ray and she said no he didn't do one may be tomorrow! I told her am not happy to leave her over night again as she is not eating and also she has been sedated twice in 2 days and no food and was told to call after 4 and speak to the vet.

I asked her how much is the bill up to now as they don't deal with insurance so I have to pay and claim my self and she said £585.82 :Crazy: I asked for 2 enemas and one blood test and she said yes and staying over night! I just feel like I should bring her home at least for a day and see if she eats , just don't know what to do?
Well, the neighbour offered to give me a lift so I don't have to worry about finding a pet friendly cab.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 14:09:54 PM by pappilon »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 14:01:55 PM »
The sooner you can get her home hopefully with a good diagnosisi and get her eating the better  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its not good to keep starving her and while she is upset she isnt gonna just eat cos they put food down for an hour!

I so wish you had a better vet who acted human  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 13:47:06 PM »
Thank you every one :hug:
Kay, she's been eating well at home. When I went there yesterday she had no water or food and the nurse said she has to wait till later since she was sedated and would get sick. I called at 6.30 and she said they put some food for her but would take it away at 7 before they leave as she shouldn't eat over night because she is going to be sedated today. This morning she said she didn't eat the food last night so she has been starving since yesterday morning :(

Yesterday the nurse mentioned op if needed but I am not sure if its a good idea , as she has been sedated two days on the row and no food.
No she is not on drip, so don't see why she needed to stay over night . I never liked this vet, he is cold and just cant connect with him but there is no other vet in the area to go to. One gave the wrong med to Boy and the other is the one who I witnessed treating a cat very badly while I was staying with Mister :(
At least neighbour offered to give me a lift today so don't have to worry about a cab who is pet friendly :tired:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 13:38:27 PM »
Topping up the positive vibes for Felicity and the hugs for you Pav.  :hug: :hug:  As ever, Sue has managed to express what I (and I'm sure many others) feel but couldn't find the words for.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
if she's eating well she will not be too upset at being there, Pav, so I think you can cross that one at least of the worry list :hug:

sometimes they have to be at the vet all night if there is a drip in - did they intend putting one in?

Trigger was kept in the vet for a weekend on a drip prior to a dental because his pancreatic levels were worryingly high - but further tests after his op showed nothing to worry about after all, so best to wait for an informed diagnosis
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
Also topping up the healing vibes for Felicity  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »

Topping up the positive vibes for you and your gorgeous girl, Pav.    :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »
So agree with you Pav what is point of her staying there when nobody is watching her, doesnt make sense to me.

Sending more good vibes  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »
Thank you Sue, you are right I shouldn't t pre-judge. Just not strong enough :-[
Dawn thank you. :hug: :hug:
Rosella, thank you . I called at 8.30 and the nurse said she is been crying a lot that is this morning, they don't have any one over night that is why I am not comfortable leaving her there what is the point if they don't have some one to watch at least at home I can sit with her all night.
I was told to call back after 2.
She has been eating well, but has lost 700 grams from 4.6 kilo to 3.9 but the vet said that is fine.
Didn't go to work today  . Mr Jingles out playing not a care in the world :Luv2:
Thank you for all the vibes . :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 08:40:12 AM »
My thoughts are with you and your beautiful girl today Pav  :hug:  Hoping very much that  Felicity has improved overnight  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 08:14:39 AM »
oh pav what a worry, she is in the best place to sort things out and hopefully will be back home with you feeling normal again

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »

Pav, please try not to pre-judge, and wait to see what the test results show.  It's so very difficult, especially after DD and Boy, but Felicity is lucky - very lucky - she has you.  You took he in, you've loved her and cared for her, and the news may well be much better than you're anticipating right now.  I hazard a guess you'll have had a sleepless night, and that never helps.

Sending every possible positive vibe from me and the boys, and a gentle hug for you.    We'll wait to hear from you later.   :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 05:05:14 AM »
Thank you every one :hug: :(

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 01:14:29 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Felicity and a big  :hug: for you Pav. 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 22:37:01 PM »
Sending the very strongest possible healing vibes for your darling girl Pav   :(  :hug: :hug: :hug: 

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 22:33:29 PM »
So sorry to hear Felicity is poorly  :hug: :hug: :hug: Slugsta is right about the constipation and the soft poo, hopefully this is all that is wrong and you will soon have Felicity back home fit and well with you and Mr Jingles.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 21:27:16 PM »
Thanks Allison :hug: :hug:

Lyn, he said pancreas . The growth  :( Hope you are right but Felicity never had diarrhoea it was soft poo and very smelly like pepper :sick: I should have taken her sooner.
Gill Thank you :hug: :hug: I lost DD and Boy to pancreatic cancer but they  were older :(

Susanne, thank you for your vibes :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thank you :'(

Sorry Lyn, yes def I will post tomorrow evening.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 21:47:10 PM by pappilon »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 20:46:51 PM »
Sending loads of positive vibes for you and Felicity  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 20:46:19 PM »
Oh pav I am so sorry to hear this and hope that slugsta is right and that it is not cancer.

Sending all the bestest vibes i can and so hope that its good news for felicity tomorrow  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 20:28:25 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this  Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you and Felicity.

It's possible that the lump that the felt was constipated bowel. When 'someone' gets very constipated the liquid poo, from higher up the gut, can run out and seem to be diarrhoea. It sounds as if she is in the best place now that she has been sedated.

Please keep us updated when you can.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 20:22:07 PM »
Oh Pav, I'm so sorry to hear that Felicity isn't well  :( :hug: :hug: :hug: Sending lots and lots of healing vibes.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Felicity very poorly
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 20:01:54 PM »
Please keep her in your thoughts, the vet keeping her over night.
She's been having soft/runny poo for couple of weeks so I changed her diet to RC Sensitivity but no improvements , and I realized she has lost some weight also with Mr J being rough with her I thought some thing is wrong :(
The vet felt a growth and decided is best to have blood test and x tray, he said it could be infection or some thing she ate but could be cancer :'( Was told to call at 2pm and pick her after 4 but when I called they said she has to stay over night :( I rushed back and was told I have to leave her in,
They gave her enemas and said she was constipated while having runny poo! And they want to  repeat that tomorrow and then do more x rays
I didn't want to leave her there as she is terrified of people  the vet wasn't happy but agreed for me  to take her home and back in the morning but I thought I am being selfish , and Mr J might stress her more at home. She had to be sedated so I decided to leave her there but am devastated not only for leaving her there on her own but also the thought of her having cancer :'( :'( :'( She is only 2
It was last night , which I thought Mr Jingles been here for one year and I haven't been this happy in a very long time , then I saw an add in free site for a 2 year old cat reason for rehoming was shedding fur :( >:( She was a long hair  looking so much like Felicity and i told her she is a very lucky girl cos no matter what i would love her for ever and she is safe here  but now she is so poorly and i am heart broken. She is not lucky is she, just cant stop crying and thinking why didn't i take her to vet earlier :(
Please send her some vibes and your prayers , let it not be cancer please
Thank you x 

Link to CatChat