Author Topic: Worried...  (Read 44098 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Worried...
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 15:28:06 PM »

Oh my word - then a very respectful and (albeit belated) hearty  :birthday: for the Honourable Minty.  :wow: That's a wonderful milestone, and a great tribute to you, her devoted slave.  :Luv:

Sorry to learn things have not been so good for you in the meantime though Miroslav.  Please take care of yourself  :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 15:19:06 PM »
Just an update...

Sorry it's been a while, but been struggling physically myself.

Minty is doing fairly well. Not a lot has changed and she is stable.

But mainly.....Minty was 20 last Friday  :chicken:  :loon:

Her 3 sisters would have been too. Moses was two months older.

She was a bit too old to party though but she trid to throw some shapes   :Nooooo: :yesss: :attention:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2014, 18:05:19 PM »
Thats good  ;D

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2014, 17:17:35 PM »
She had a good night and has calmed down a lot.

I've been at work, but it sounds like she's not been any worse than usual today.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2014, 22:33:07 PM »
I hope she calms down properly over night  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2014, 20:24:16 PM »
I think so.

She's calmed down a bit now, although still a little agitated.

I managed to get the rest of the tablets, so that's good news.

Her blood sugar levels were back to 14, so she thinks it's underlying diabetes but not the need for insulin yet.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2014, 20:07:59 PM »
Do you think Minty is just upset at the vet visit?

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2014, 18:10:47 PM »
Well, it's pretty much same as with the vet.

Continue with glipizide.

Her teeth may need work, but she is reluctant whilst Minty is still happily eating.

She doesn't think she is in pain.

Minty is not happy though. Pretty upset and mewwing and pacing sincve she got back - ate faster than i've ever seen and has not gone upstairs mewwing - not happy right now.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2014, 15:12:55 PM »
 :ok:  Indeed!

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2014, 15:08:11 PM »

That sounds much more like it.   :)  Am glad you were able to raise the matter and get it resolved.

Just have to get the tablets without another receptionist insisting on another payment now  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 15:08:34 PM by Miroslav »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2014, 14:35:38 PM »

That sounds much more like it.   :)  Am glad you were able to raise the matter and get it resolved.   

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2014, 14:16:20 PM »

Sounds expensive for four tablets, Miroslav.  I think I'd ask the vet if you cuold have a breakdown for your own records.

I contacted them and it appears they had 26 in and another 4 arrived the next day.

When I went to the vet, the receptionist only gave me the 4 and charged me for the 30, but I can collect the other 26 today as Minty is due back with them to see how she is at 5pm.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2014, 14:14:42 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:54 AM »

Sounds expensive for four tablets, Miroslav.  I think I'd ask the vet if you cuold have a breakdown for your own records.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2014, 18:03:12 PM »
Does anybody know if vets charge for prescription per tablet or per prescription regardless of amount of tablets?

£17.94 for 4 glipizide tablets and they don't even know if they are what she needs.

Last time it was £40 odd when she went for the second consultation and 30 tablets included, which may suggest a consultation fee and a £17.94 prescription...

If so, I am slightly miffed they only gave me 4 tablets for something they say she may need to be on long term, despite not knowing if it's what Minty requires - i'd happily pay it if it's what Minty needs, no issues at all, I just don't want to be made a fool of.

Seemingly these tablets are the same as Glipzide    http://onlinegeneric24.com/order-glucotrol-xl-online-en.html (this is a human site)
Found this as well http://www.justanswer.com/pet-cat/10zyx-give-feline-medication-glipizide.html
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 18:07:25 PM by Peardrop »

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2014, 17:39:48 PM »
Does anybody know if vets charge for prescription per tablet or per prescription regardless of amount of tablets?

£17.94 for 4 glipizide tablets and they don't even know if they are what she needs.

Last time it was £40 odd when she went for the second consultation and 30 tablets included, which may suggest a consultation fee and a £17.94 prescription...

If so, I am slightly miffed they only gave me 4 tablets for something they say she may need to be on long term, despite not knowing if it's what Minty requires - i'd happily pay it if it's what Minty needs, no issues at all, I just don't want to be made a fool of.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2014, 13:04:54 PM »
So with what Sue said.

I wonder if dementia is starting, no problem healthwise but rnough to drive you right up the wall. I was there with my gorgeous Kocka for a year or two  :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's very possible.

As soon as I arrive and feed/give her attention, she's fine.

Sometimes she'll settle, other times she'll start again pretty quickly.

She makes mewwing noises as she's drinking/about to drink , but the vet can't find anything physically wrong. Just like when she had her two seizures, in November 2012 and January 2014 - could not find anything, so maybe it is her head.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »
So with what Sue said.

I wonder if dementia is starting, no problem healthwise but rnough to drive you right up the wall. I was there with my gorgeous Kocka for a year or two  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:40 AM »
:hug:  Disturbed nights are a pain when you're working.  Poor Minty, bless her.

And your comment about wishng they could have had more time with you isn't vain at all.  So many of us on Purrs know exactly what you mean, and hold the same hope in our hearts for ones we've loved and lost way too soon, and the ones we cherish now.

Funnily enough, I went to bed after I posted and she's been, for her, very good overnight - although no work today. It tends to work like this - it's as if she knows!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 08:17:52 AM »
 :hug:  Disturbed nights are a pain when you're working.  Poor Minty, bless her.

And your comment about wishng they could have had more time with you isn't vain at all.  So many of us on Purrs know exactly what you mean, and hold the same hope in our hearts for ones we've loved and lost way too soon, and the ones we cherish now.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 00:03:04 AM »
So......next Friday it's back to the vet, but Minty is doing my head in  :censored:

She just meeows an awful lot. She's worse at night. I give her attention all of the time I am here. As soon as I stroke her she's fine, but when I stop, the majority of the time she starts again pretty quickly and i'm not sleeping much.  :doh:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2014, 21:30:58 PM »
I was like that with my hair when it was long. Then I shaved it all off and never looked back - although my hairline says if I still had long hair now, i'd look like Bill Bailey  :rofl:

20 would be amazing - I know it's just a number, but....

I also wish, naturally, the other 4 could have had Minty's luck. I genuinely love them all equally and wish they all lived longer. Obvious I know, but I feel for those gone that they didn't get me for longer - that sounds vain, but you get what I mean, it's not meant to be vain.  :)

:evillaugh:  Really?

Yes - I second that - may Minty's improvement continue and grow stronger.  Would love to think you'll have years together yet.  We had our Paddy until he was 20 "anna bit" bless his paws.    :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2014, 21:16:06 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Really?

Yes - I second that - may Minty's improvement continue and grow stronger.  Would love to think you'll have years together yet.  We had our Paddy until he was 20 "anna bit" bless his paws.    :Luv:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 21:11:10 PM »
I hadn't noticed  :wow:

She's good right now - hope it stays that way for as long as possible.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »
No, us ladies can be funny about our nails, but very pleased to hear that overall she's much improved .   ;D

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 11:04:04 AM »
Vet is happy but keeping her on the glipzide and the painkiller we already have is to be completed and then she can come off of it.

She's put more weight on - good and bad news as she's already fat, but she is showing better health.

Sugar level down to 8.2.

She's in a better condition anyway and we go back in a month.

Also had her nails clipped - Minty wasn't impressed!

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 09:22:17 AM »
Only 30 mins til we go.

Minty ate overnight but not given her any breakfast as she's worse on the journey with a full stomach - not much protest so far  :sneaky:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:37 AM »
So pleased Minty is doing better, hope the vet visit goes well   :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 06:59:35 AM »
Morning Miroslav.  Morning Minty - thinking of you both this morning, and sending tons of good vibes for the visit to see the Vet.   :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 22:28:50 PM »
Thanks.

Not sure if tablets or loxicam has helped or whether she will stay on them, but something's changed for the better.

That's so encouraging, Miroslav.  Will keep everything crossed for tomorrow's visit.   :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 20:51:22 PM »
That's so encouraging, Miroslav.  Will keep everything crossed for tomorrow's visit.   :)

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2014, 20:42:30 PM »
Hi Gill and Sue.

Thanks for asking.

She is fine....I would say just about back to where she was a couple of weeks ago.

Not mewwing as much (she always did a bit), food back to normal, drinking back to normal, sleeping back to normal.

Vets again in the morning  :shy:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 21:35:57 PM »
How is Minty?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 20:39:05 PM »
Hope Minty is still doing well  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2014, 19:27:59 PM »
Minty is keeping me on my toes.

A small concern - barely touched her feed at lunchtime and eaten about a 1/3 of her meal at about 6ish.

She has scoffed a load of chicken though.

Worried she may have worked out tablet is in her cat food.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 13:51:12 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Minty's keeping you on your toes.   ;)

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
Yes, although she has been more vocal since I posted - nothing a bit of food with a crushed pill hasn't sorted  :P

:)  That's good to hear Miroslav - seems like you've both had a better night

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2014, 09:06:11 AM »
 :)  That's good to hear Miroslav - seems like you've both had a better night

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
Well, a pretty good night. Maybe the thunder calmed her down  :wow: Not that it bothers her either way.

Got up at 8am as planned having gone to bed around 9.30 - I don';t usually sleep that long but I had planned for a 5am wakeup and if it wasn't to be, a long sleep that I needed.

Pretty calm last night and this morning. Cuddled me in bed from 8-8.30 purring her not so little head off and has her brekkie with some painkiller in.

Maybe something is working - painkiller or Glipizide,  or it could be just a good night.

Working 10.30-5.30 but get to come home for 10 mins at lunchtime to see she is ok etc but she appears a little happier this morning.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2014, 19:32:01 PM »
Glipizide is the medication she has started today...

Link to CatChat