Author Topic: Worried...  (Read 44059 times)

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
Re: Worried...
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2015, 20:07:55 PM »
It's been put back to August 4th.

I wanted to buy some time and some space so soon after Minty. They accepted it.

Some damage to floorboards that concerns me. I'm hoping if I offer to pay, over time, they'll be ok.

Thanks for remembering and asking.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »
was the inspection ok?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #284 on: July 04, 2015, 18:00:03 PM »
Hope it goes well  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #283 on: July 04, 2015, 13:20:32 PM »
Unbelievable.

Received a letter from landlord today for a home inspection.

One or more of the workmen have complained which is likely linked to Minty urinating and the smell or possibly her needles (maybe mistaking them for drug users?)

Just what I don't need.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2015, 23:57:19 PM »
I thought so. I will take them down in time.

I'd love a new furry friend, in time.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2015, 21:29:59 PM »
Yes its the only way to dispose of them .

I think you need a new furry friend  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2015, 14:06:18 PM »
Well, i've some Lord Sheraton to buff up the caskets when I feel up to it. Last day off work tomorrow then a 6 hour shift and then 2 days off that I usually have. I've got time.

Can't face taking the needles back to the vets today. I'm guessing this is the only way to dispose of them safely?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2015, 13:28:39 PM »
Miroslav  :hug: :hug:  It's so hard, being where you are right now.  So many of us know a little of what you're feeling.  Although it's different for each of us, we all know how hollow and empty it is, looking for the cat who's no longer there.  Physically, anyhow.   :hug:  Be gentle with yourself.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »
First time they've ever done it for us. I still have to take Minty's syringes/needles back. Was planning on doing it today.

I'm still lost and don't know what to do with myself. Plenty to do but not the energy or motivation to do it. Need to move eveything back into the kitchen after the works, but a mixture of me not doing it and the person I live with not doing it (and she would shout at me if I did it without her) as i'm just not bothered right now.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »
our vet does that as well its a nice touch.  How are you feeling?

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2015, 10:12:41 AM »
I just received a card in the post with condolences from the vet surgery. Never had that before. Don't know if it is because she was the last one and we no longer have anyone registered.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2015, 20:52:48 PM »
some people just don't get it, sad that people can have so little empathy

x2

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2015, 14:36:29 PM »
some people just don't get it, sad that people can have so little empathy 

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2015, 13:47:59 PM »
Well, it was kind of a pointless night away, not made any easier by nobody really understanding, some of which have pets (but have never lost them). Didn't really talk about Minty, but just the 'get another one' comments and change of subject (onto themselves) were enough to make me realise that I won't bother in the future.

After all the sadness etc i've now hit don't care mode and angry when others start complaining about menial things - the same people who seem to think a death of a pet is nothing at all.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #272 on: June 28, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »
lovely picture, enjoy your night away, I know its not the same as having a houseful of cats but taking some time out can't hurt - I hope you will stay on purrs

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #271 on: June 27, 2015, 23:06:47 PM »
My home is a mess right now because of the buliding works so I need a tidy.

Minty's things - well some things need to be thrown but some things never will be, just like all the bits of the other cats, i've kept in boxes.

Hopefully the pic I have attached comes out - back in the day when all 5 were going strong.

Minty is the one with her back end facing the camera.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 23:08:31 PM by Miroslav »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #270 on: June 27, 2015, 22:12:07 PM »
Miro  :hug: you don't have to throw anything out until you are ready.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2015, 20:48:03 PM »
Thanks Sue.

I sell Sheraton's in my hardware store. I thought of wood polishes but a little scared. I will try it in a  little area first. I'll get some tomorrow and at staff discount too. First  time I can say my little babies have saved me money, but they are worth every penny I spent on them over the years.

The plans are to tidy on Sunday evening/Monday but I will do it when I can. I've now made plans to go away Tuesday afternoon and stay away for the night. I've only been away from home for 11 nights in nearly 21 years since I first got the cats and although I was happy not to go away as I loved being around the cats, I need to get away for one night and go visit my young nephews who like seeing me but only see me for a few hours every 3-4 months, as I had to turn around again in the evening and go home to be with the cats and/or medicate them in Minty's case.

Somehow i've now got to get a different life  :doh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2015, 20:27:57 PM »

Miroslav, I'm so glad Minty is back home with you.   :hug: :hug:  Minty's casket is beautiful.  I would think a wipe over with a linseed oil based product such as Sheratons wood polish (Wilkinsons sell it, amongst other places) should keep it looking fresh, but whatever you use, try it on a little inconspicuous part first. 

Try to let yourself grieve and begin the healing process over your week off.  Easier said than done I know, but - we'll be thinking of you and sending you our thoughts  and best wishes.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2015, 19:44:04 PM »
With regards to the casket, it is pure wood but I want to protect it the best I can.

For instance, my other 4 are looking tired.

Whilst the appearance doesn't both me to the point that they are mine and nobody else sees them unless they enter my bedroom (they are downstairs sometimes if nobody else is home as the rule is they are not downstairs when someobody else is home) I would like to make them look more bright as the older ones are fading. At the same time, I don't want to make it worse, so what do people think would be ok to use?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2015, 19:35:00 PM »
So pleased she is home and in a beaytiful casket   :hug: :hug:

Hope to see you around Purrs

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2015, 19:06:25 PM »
She was back with me by 12.00 and back home by 12.30 in a wooden cat like this...

http://www.pcsonline.org.uk/cat-tributes/sleeping-cat2 (this is the actual company we used - Minty's colour is slightly lighter than this picture).

I had to go to work not long after I got home, but had time to put Minty with the other four.

Just tomorrow and Sunday to work before 6 days off - i'm going to need it. I've not cleared Minty's area, including food and water bowls. Her litter trays are clean but I don't have the heart to get rid of them yet. Her chair is untouched too. She has a used pillow on it that I won't move yet.

The vet was great with me this morning when handing Minty back before the cremation. She's a great vet.

All that's needed now is to write the thank you cards (with stickers of the pictures of my cats stuck inside) to the vets, crematorium and the animal company who assisted us with the planning and travel to/from the crematorium) thanking them fro my cats for all the care they had and from me for aall the care, respect and dignity they received.

I'm going to be lost for a long while but amongst all the sadness are the good memories that I will treasure forever, along with all of their fur that I kept (shaved  a bit off of each before cremation), all the collars, pictures and all the other bits and pieces. They will always be a massive part of my life.

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice and support over the last few years - you were sensible voices in all the insanity and despair.

I shall continue to pop in and look around.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2015, 18:04:22 PM »
I expect that, by now, your girl will be back home with you, where she belongs  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2015, 13:04:09 PM »
 :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
Sending you loads of mental surport and she will be back at home with you very soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2015, 08:34:47 AM »
Well, in 30 minutes we're off to the cremation.

10am we are booked for - individual cremation in a proper place where they have single bays for individuals - no trays or anything, so we are as guaranteed as we can be to have our exact cat back. Used them 4 times before and they are as reputable as you can find with lots of 'satisfied' customers.

I keep looking for her, as in look at her chair, on the bed and keep thinking I hear her and it's just a winey pitch from outside  :doh:

Going to be sad for a long while yet, probably always, but hopefully the bit where I can hardly do anything will pass.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2015, 17:20:14 PM »
Grief can be utterly paralysing but those who have not given their hearts to animal companions often fail to understand just how deep that grief can be  :hug: Your heart will heal in time, but there will always be a Minty-shaped scar there.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2015, 01:12:48 AM »
You will and you will know when the time is right  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2015, 21:08:03 PM »
Thanks everyone.

I hope to learn to love again.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2015, 20:34:44 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Minty has gone.  Just because you know it was the right time/right thing to do doesn't make it any less sad or difficult to bear.

Miroslav, you were a true Cat Daddy.
and so I suspect, in time, a cat will find you :hug: :hug:.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2015, 20:24:56 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear of Minty's passing, Miroslav. She was an utterly beautiful being who enhanced your life like no one else ever could. Run free sweet girl.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2015, 20:14:13 PM »
probably best that she is at the vets  :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2015, 20:11:35 PM »
I think what is helping is the fact I know i've done the right thing.

I don't want to go to bed, I don't want to stay up. I just don't want to do anything.

Oh, I didn't mention, I took Minty to the vets three hours ago so she is frozen as they feared she would smell as her cremation has now been set to 10am on Friday.

I get to spend a few minutes with her to say goodbye for now and hope I see her again in the future before bringing her ashes home in a wooden cat so she can be with the other  four and their wooden cat/ashes.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2015, 20:04:13 PM »
Miroslav, you were a true Cat Daddy.  My heart goes out to you.  Knowing how badly you're hurting right now is making my own chest tight.   :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2015, 19:55:00 PM »
Thanks Slugsta.

I know I made the right choice for Minty. I couldn't have done anymore no matter how much I nit pick at many things I could have done over the last 20+ years that actually wouldn't have made any difference.

Really annoying me how someone I live with is just living as if nothing has changed.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2015, 16:30:17 PM »
Miroslav  :hug: I am so very sorry to hear this. You gave Minty so much love and care and then you did the final thing that she needed from you - you set her free. Of course you will feel lost, you spent so much of your time looking after your lovely girl, it will be really strange now that you don't have to do it. Minty will always have a special place in your heart, whatever the future brings. Our thoughts are with you  :hug:

Rest in Peace Minty, run free at the bridge.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2015, 16:13:47 PM »
Thanks everyone.

The cremation date is set for Friday morning. She will stay here until then. I shall make it as cool as possible.

I got through work today and they understand I may not make it on time for my afternoon shift on Friday but i'lljust be there when I get there. I then work Saturday and Sunday but they have allowed me leave for 3 shifts next week, so when I finish on Sunday, I don't go back in until the following Sunday. It will give me time to not have to put on a brave face. I may even go away for a night, something I couldn't do with Minty being unwell for the last 3 years, which I was fine with, as she was here.

I'm a bit lost right now but I can hopefully rebuild. One thing is for certain, I won't let any of my five fur babies be forgotten.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2015, 08:17:24 AM »
Miroslav, I am so sorry to hear the news about Minty, she had a long and lovely life with you and I know you will miss her terribly  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Run free Minty

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2015, 08:02:31 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, however I think you said it all when you said you worked your life around her, there aren't many who can have that said about them  :hug:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2015, 23:46:26 PM »
Awwww I'm sad to read this. Nite nite sleep tite Minty. Xxxxx x
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Link to CatChat