Author Topic: Pregnant cat  (Read 14260 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Pregnant cat
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2014, 15:42:03 PM »
I think you are doing exactly right Pav,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a strangers logic is not always right

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2014, 15:31:23 PM »
Pav, we all find a system that we can live with regarding cats being indoor or outdoor, you do what feels right and never mind what anyone else says  :hug:  It's lovely to see Nelson getting on so well.

Exactly my thoughts.  We have to find ways to live with the choices available to us.  They're seldom 100% ideal, but we do what we can within our limits to keep them safe - I would say that's particularly true of you Pav, who have room in your heart and your overcoat pocket for so many waifs and strays.   :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2014, 15:27:37 PM »
Pav, we all find a system that we can live with regarding cats being indoor or outdoor, you do what feels right and never mind what anyone else says  :hug:  It's lovely to see Nelson getting on so well.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2014, 15:22:19 PM »
Thanks Gill, Sue yes my thoughts too he needs a young male play mate but last night after play time with Lazore toy I came in and left them out ,only a bit later thought I go and check on them that's what I do all night :-:  only to find Mr J the other side of the road , he followed Nelson but thankfully didn't jump on garage roof to go with him :doh:
This morning I had a plumber coming to service my saniflo , I called him to say once you are here I open the door and you must rush in so the cats don't get out ! Once arrived he said but why don't you want them out I explained they were out at 4 this morning but they have to stay in while am at work reason am paranoid with the road. He replied but the road still there even when you are in and they are out. He has got a point any thing can happen to them while I am here I just am making my life difficult may be next year once they are both older I open the flap and give the 24/7 access  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2014, 14:06:55 PM »

Gill makes a good point, as a third cat may well provide the rumbunctuous playmate that Mr Jingles wants, or a quiet companion that Miss felicity can roll her eyes at and go "so glad we're not like that"

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »
A number 3 may help Mr J and Felicty  ;D

Wonderful that he came in to eat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2014, 07:09:08 AM »
Am hoping he becomes No 3 too - three mouseketers are a more natural number than 2  ;)  ;D 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2014, 23:17:16 PM »
Alison, Thank you :hug:

Liz, there is always room for no 3 ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 23:18:19 PM by pappilon »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2014, 22:57:58 PM »
He's looking great Pav and is he going to be number 3 :innocent:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2014, 22:52:28 PM »
Lovely news and pic Pav ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2014, 22:40:18 PM »
I just had to share this, yesterday was very wet out here and no car out side to put Nelson's food under :-: I thought I take the food out once I see him . Am coming out of the kitchen and there he is in my sitting room helping him self to food ;D  He must have waited out side and got bored , no sign of me so he helped him self coming in through the open window. I was delighted.

This evening after his meal he just sat there watching us so I wondered if he knows how to play :) Oh yes he loved the Lazore toy. here is some pics .

Sue, his coat looks great now and healed beautifully, Thanks to Liz. :hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 22:47:01 PM by pappilon, Reason: Tried to add video but not working »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2014, 08:30:29 AM »
Oooo  Nelson looks so lovely.  Am with you all regarding the FIV - I think Celia Hammond's views are pragmatic, born of experience and an acceptance that you have to change what you can and co-exist with what you can't - not necessarily destroy what you can't improve.

I would say if you can ultimately trap and neuter Nelson, you can let the cats decide themselves whether or not he will be accepted into your family, whether that be as an outside boy or an indoors/outdoors boy.  It seems to be a very encouraging sign that so far they've taken to him without much fuss.   :Luv: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »
Nelson is lovely  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2014, 00:13:23 AM »
Thank you Gill, Alison :hug: :hug:

Sheila, thank you so much for the offer but honestly I don't have any room in my place to keep a trap :-[ I am sure I can convince Mayhew to lend me one as it was planned and arranged for them to drop me one and I do the trapping and neutering but they were late on the day and I had to leave for work. I had him booked with my vet and explained he was feral , the vet was happy to treat his injuries and said he would neuter if appropriate . I make sure to clear with him NO PTS. To be on the safe side I will e mail his picture to all local vets, thanks for the advice :hug:
I have seen FIV cats on Mayhew re homing site number of times, and thought they have changed their policy . Years ago when MR TRAMP used to visit I asked if they would have him neutered and release him back for me to look after him and was told being feral if positive he would be pts :( I didn't go through with it but that was almost 8 years ago. :-:
MR Jingles and Felicity are relaxed around him outside , I wonder being a full Tom is the reason. Mr Jingles seems fascinated , while he is eating Mr J is behind him sniffing his tail and back :evillaugh: He is not bothered at all .  TBH it was just a thought I think he is doing ok out and I wont take him in if it upsets my two , I can always make an out door shelter for him. This is him Nelson before his injury :)
Thank you every one :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2014, 23:05:57 PM »
Pav, how about we club together and buy you a trap for him? I think you are very caring and spot on about the FIV. You all know my feelings on the subject and Mayhew need to look at the Celia Hammond research.

Are you sure about introducing him to the furry equilibrium though? It's a bold step and if he's doing ok outside miss Felicity and Mr Jingles might be happier if he stays outside.  :shify:

My vet would do a neuter for me with no question of Pts (my vet supports FIV but not Felv) so long as we could honestly state he had been advertised as a stray for 7 days (the legal minimum). If you post a pic on Purrs and send it by email to your local vets, that is enough. After a week you can assume ownership and have him neutered, chipped, etc.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2014, 22:38:58 PM »
So pleased he is fitting in and agree with you  and Gill regarding PTS :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2014, 22:22:24 PM »
I totally agree with you Pav, putting FIV cats to sleep is way behind the times.

Good luck with catching him and yes of course you are so right about neutering.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2014, 22:17:16 PM »
How's your little injured boy, Pav?

Thanks for asking after him , Sue :hug:

I followed Liz instruction with Synulox and all is looking good now, and the fur is growing .  :) I have noticed his got more fur missing under his neck but no sore so wondering if its flea allergies?
Liz, thank you so much for the Synulox and helping me help this little man :hug:

Had a call from Mayhew last week, new guy  asking if he is still around and if they could drop the trap ? Which I replied yes am sure we could arrange a time but then he went on saying we'll have him in do the blood test first and if he is negative for FIV then we have him neutered and drop back morning after. And if he is positive I asked! He will be PTS being feral  , he replied :( :( I said I will get back to him as keeping him over night in a trap is not an option so I have to change his feeding time :-: But I am not going to  :innocent: I know some people might disagree but I don't believe in having a cat PTS if FIV positive feral or not. I am aware being feral is impossible to home him but then surely after neutering he would calm down and wont get in to fights so why not just release him back?
He used to visit once a day eat and leave but lately he stay around even sit and wash him self after meal , some days he visits twice and even followed me and my guys the other day in to the back garden and sat there watching me playing with Mr Jingles :Luv2: He even come to window now days and cries  to let me know he is waiting so I have decided to trap him my self and get him to my vet have him neutered and released, he can always move in with us if he chooses to  :Luv: He is not aggressive towards my two and neighbour cat OTTO. Mr Jingles and Felicity are happy around him, so all I need to do is to have the trap sorted and wait for my next day off in July! Finger crossed  :)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 22:21:09 PM by pappilon »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2014, 16:17:56 PM »
How's your little injured boy, Pav?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2014, 14:47:07 PM »
Pav, you are brilliant :hug:

I'll second that!  :summer flowers:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2014, 21:28:56 PM »
Pav, you are brilliant :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2014, 01:22:00 AM »
Great news about Cupcake and hope the boys injury gets better with abs   :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2014, 15:41:33 PM »
Great news about CupCake  ;D , I do hope that there will soon be a happy outcome for this little lad.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2014, 06:59:02 AM »
 No Sheila, thanks for asking but he is on the waiting list :-: And Cup cake still there, tempted to go and adopt her myself :sneaky:

Liz, thank you i gave him 0.6 yesterday. Its easier to go with tablets than granules. He loves raw chicken so i could always hide the tab inside . :hug:

Modify, to say Cup cake is in chosen by adopter section ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:17:11 AM by pappilon »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2014, 23:48:23 PM »
Glad they arrived maybe notch up to 6 but no more and it should be ok to give Panacur granules in the food rather than a tablet if he is hungry he will eat the wet food

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2014, 22:58:08 PM »
Anything new from Mayhew, Pav?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2014, 18:15:53 PM »
 Liz, got the Synulox this morning. Thank you :hug:

I managed to give him 0.5 ml in his meal this afternoon but not sure if i could give him 2 times daily as instructed, he visits once a day! Should i give him bigger dose or for longer maybe?
 I noticed he has more fur missing , i am wondering if i should give him a Milbemax once finished his course of antibiotic?

Thank you  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
He's lovely, Pav, but yes - that's quite a sore on his back.  Poor little furbabe. 

Liz, that's really kind of you, too.   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2014, 01:05:43 AM »
Poor boy and hope the donated abs arrive soon cos its much warmer in London than here

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2014, 23:39:51 PM »
the good thing though is that a wound in such a place is not going to get contaminated with faeces, or soil, and is completely open to the air, which is the best healer

the biggest danger is flies laying their eggs in the wound, but this colder weather makes that less likely at the moment
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 22:42:26 PM »
Poor chap!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2014, 20:23:07 PM »
 I managed to get some pics , couldnt get too close but i think it shows the sore on his back.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
Noroclav and Synulox are the same base antibiotic so the tablets would be a good fall back as well as they crush up just fine

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:34 AM »
 Thanks Gill, Sue  :hug:

Dawn i am not sure about Noroclav, does any one know if it helps?

Liz , thank you so much. I am going to pm you right now. I am ever so grateful. Would you let me know how much to use and how often please?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
Pav pm me your address I have a bottle of the liquid one unopened and its well in date - my vet is brilliant I just ask for spare things and they give them to me with having a transient outside feal population over the summer do like to be prepared for whatever they might need

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2014, 08:11:11 AM »
I have some noroclav left over from amber if that would help

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
Oh Pav - things are seldom straight forward, are they?  You must be feeling so frustrated and not a little disappointed.  Poor little feral guy.   :(  Try not to take this too much onto yourself Pav.  You're doing everything you can - you can't do it all.   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2014, 00:43:13 AM »
Thats a real pain Pav cos was going to suggest the same as Liz.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2014, 22:47:57 PM »
Thanks Liz  but this vet wouldnt , last time i poped in to buy some Frontline Combo i was told they need to see one of the cats as their last visit was over 6 months ago,  i managed to buy some as i had the black stray neutured there few weeks back  . My old vet would have , i remember they gave me meds when i was going to Bolivia. I explained to them it was a sanctuary and there were certain meds they could really do with and the vet was happy to let me have them.
I do have some Synulox tablet but its expired.
Does any one have any spare one or could get some from their vets please, i am happy to pay for the tablets and postage. I think it would really help him.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2014, 20:42:40 PM »
Pav would your vet give you something like Synulox tablets that could be crushed on his food would help with the infection also comes in a suspension form which can also be put on wet food

Link to CatChat