Author Topic: Pregnant cat  (Read 14255 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Pregnant cat
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 07:06:48 AM »

Oh Pav.  What a palaver!!  I was wondering if they were lice, too.  Poor little lass, she must be in a bad way. 

And I so feel for you - sometimes when we try to help, we wonder what on earth we've got ourselves into.   :doh: :doh:   Hope the little girl is around today so you can get her checked out at the vet.   :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »
Thank you Gill :hug: It serves me right to try and help every cat i think need helping :evillaugh:

I combed Mr Jingles and couldnt see any thing and now is Felicity's turn, no way am going to bed with these two till i know they are clear but then they could have brought the eggs in and i have black carpet in coridor so cant spot them, What a day :tired:

I am sure the vet can help with the cats but i might have to get the flat sprayed which is not ideal with two scaredy cat :-:

Finger crossed she is here in the morning.
Good Night :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 01:00:37 AM »
Oh Pav that is terrible and I am terrified of them, too.

I do hope you can get her to the vets asap and they can treat her immediately to get rid of all the insects and worms etc.

You need to ask them what to do if she has got any on your cats cos you need to keep your house and cats unaffected.

What a terrible situation and poor little cat.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 22:35:28 PM »
 Oh Sheila , thanks :hug: I am taking her to my vet first thing that is if she is around. She is sitting outside my neighbours flat right now cleaning herself.

I think i know what they are, i was in bathroom washing my hands with surgical spirit and cleaning the comb and thinking what could they be and i remembered my neighbour upstairs looked after some ones cat for a week and the reason was that person house was infested with cockroach and the Rentokil was going in to treat the place, so the poor cat had them on her and my neighbour called me to go and help her with the cat which i refused cos the only thing i am terrified of in this world are cockroches  :sick: She showed me the pics later though and that is what she has baby cockroch I cant believe this, i feel sick knowing i had them in tssue in my hand. I think she must be some ones cat and the house she lives in must be infested with them.
Oh what if the eggs get on Mr Jingles now, i feel like crying.
Well, guess its too late now to worry :tired:
Sheila thank you for the offer of the crate, but let me see what happens tomorrow with the vet visit  :hug: :hug: Also sending Beau lots of good vibes and gentle hugs. :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 22:07:06 PM »
Oh Pav, poor creature! It sounds as if she has lice of some kind, do you have any capstar? I can pop some in to post for you if not.  I do hope she's just lost and not pregnant. Let me know what I can do to help, ok? I have a crate!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 21:56:55 PM »
 I went to work this morning to get my cat carrier its been there since i tried to help the B/W cat .

Sue, i am thinking that might be the reason for Felicity not liking her and being scared.

Gill, i think there is a PAH in Hendon but had to stay at work so i could get tomorrow off, my vet wont charge for scanning her and if she is pregnant then i will take her straight to Mayhew. They would take a pregnant cat there she would be looked after, but after this eve not sure if she is :-[ I got home and there she was waiting so made a fuss of her and got some more pics then got her some food but she wouldnt eat! She had some milk though and i thought is best if i comb her got the3 flea comb and OMG i have never seen anything like this before she does have few Fleas but when i run the comb through her it was covered in this black insects the size of small ants some with horns and some flat :sick: The fleas were quick to jump but these guys were just crowling . Have no idea what they are but she is covered with them i also could feel her spine and all her bones poor thing has hardly any flesh on her just long her and huge tummy :( I mean if she is pregnant or has worms she must be starving . She cries a lot and just roll on her back and wants me to pet her.
I am not sure though what to do if she is not pregnant, then Mayhew may not take her in as emergency case?

Gill , i dont think she is feral. I suspect some ones neglected pet or unwanted litter that they couldnt get rid >:(
Slugsta she is beautiful, i doubt she is chipped though. She is in a bad way under her chin is all matted.
Any how here are some more pics of her, i better go need to sort my guys now.

Thank you so much for caring enough to reply, means a lot :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 14:09:15 PM »
What a beauty! She obviously knew where to go for food and comfort. Fingers crossed that she is chipped and that it is just worms in her tummy  :crossed:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 13:20:32 PM »
Rosella used the vet at PAH over weekend so that could be a quick cheaper option if you have one.

Love the pics.............obviously the cat grapevine has your name on it!  Suspect she is very young feral unnuetered but has learnt that humans can help

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:02:58 AM »
How odd.  I wonder if she is pregnant and maybe that's what's spooking your own babies?  Awful to contemplate if she is, bless her.    Gotta say, they make a handsome trio. 

Good luck with getting her checked over, Pav.  You have such a big heart, and it would be lovely if this could resolve itself for the best possible outcome for all concerned.   :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:20:40 AM »
 Thank you Sue :hug:

I think its best if i take her to my vet to check if she is chipped or not,also to find out if she is pregnant or not :-:

She spent the night out in the little house , i put some towels and small vet bed in there and this morning she was out at 6 for breakfast.

First few days she was growling and hissing but since yesterday she is just all over me, keep giving me head butts and follows me every where :Luv: It seems she is more interested in a fuss than food! She eats very little but loves cat milk.

For some reason Felicity is scared of her not sure why and Mr Jingles runaway from her as she keeps trying to rub her head under his chin and he doesnt like it. But then they are both fine when the big Tom cat is around for his food. It breaks my heart not to let her in as she is trying so hard but am concern about Felicity :(

Not sure if the vets are open today , like to get her checked ASAP.
 This is last night in our front, few min later Felicity was in and didnt go out all night which is unusuall for her and Mr Jingles was up the tree trying to get away from her.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:27:04 AM by pappilon »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:25:15 AM »

Hi Pav

According to the Noah website you can:

"Use in pregnancy
Cats: The product can be used during pregnancy.
(For treatment during the lactating period, see above)"

She's a bonny little thing, isn't she?  Sounds like she might've been living rough for a while.  Typical that she's found her way to your door......  :hug:  Will she let you approach her, and will she take food?   Hoping you can get her treated, and hoping that an owner may turn up, although doesnt sound great on that front with the condition she's in. 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Pregnant cat
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 23:45:23 PM »
 Is Frontline Combo safe to use on a pregnant cat? If not could some one recommend a safe spoton and deworming tablet please.

She looks very young and small and i think she is pregnant , she is also covered in Fleas and keep scratching and licking herself . I am hopping that its worms and not kittens in her huge tummy but cant risk it.

I managed to take few pictures so i could print and put through the doors in are area tomorrow , if she belongs to some one but she is spending a lot of time out side my flat and trying desperately
to come in  :( She was out last night at 4am and sitting out right now.

Thank you

Link to CatChat