Author Topic: Pregnant cat  (Read 14259 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Pregnant cat
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2014, 19:59:41 PM »
Thank you every one but the officer didnt turn up , after waiting out side for 25 min and 5 phone call to her office and Mayhew reception i was told that it may be that she is stock in heavy traffic and i should just wait for her but i had to leave for work.Had a message from her on my answering later on the day to say she was sorry but had a difficult traping and it took long! Am disappointed as i had every thing organised the vet, boarding over night , leaving work early and sleepless night worrying how he reacts and now the vet is fully booked on Friday and next week i am starting a new project, so long hours mean i wont be able to get here before vet closing time.
Mayhew message was to give them a call to arrange new time but my aim was to get him to vet asap as i am concern about the wound, thats the reason i suggested if they provide the trap i will take him and cover all costs but it seems i have to ask them to put him on their waiting list now and see what happens :(
Sorry just really upset about him , breaks my heart seeing him with this big sore on his back but he is still eating.I got back early and there he was sitting in the rain right out side my window waiting :'(
Off to watch super vet  :-:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2014, 16:11:28 PM »
Pav, I hope that all goes well with the TNR  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »
I wonder if vet means he has to be healthy enough for the op?  I panic about scruffing Billy for the vet Pav so well understand your reservations about trapping  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:54 AM »
Can fully understand that it's as traumatic trapping a cat for you as it is for the cat.  :doh: :hug:

I wonder if the vet means if they check him for a microchip?  If so, they may try to make contact with the registered address before making any decision as to neutering.  I guess that's probbaly their reasoning, anyroad.  Will have fingers well and truly crossed all goes smoothly.   :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »
 Hi , thanks every one. :hug:

Sue, thank you for asking about the feral boy on A-Team thread. Mayhew officer is droping the trap at 9.30 this morning so any min now. If all goes to plan and he turns up this eve before 7 and get in to trap then my vet has agreed to keep him in over night and treat his injuries in the morning , i also booked him to be neutured at the same time but my vet said we do that if its appropriate?! Dont know what that means.
Finger crossed he turns up, i am really rubbish with trapping i panic and also hate seeing them once trap shuts and they panic but am concern with his sore back looks raw :(
I will update if i manage to catch him.
Thank you :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2014, 15:39:48 PM »
Cupcake is such a beauty! I'm sure she will find a lovely home soon, she is not the kind that is likely to be hard to place.

Pav  :hug: I can't say anything that will make you feel better, I know. Mr S doesn't understand why I hate Alfs being out for too long, especially late in the evening. I'm much happier with the cat-flap locked after 7pmish. We live near the top of our road and there is a busy dual-carriageway up htere, the cars come off it so fast, I hate to hear them.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2014, 15:03:50 PM »
My feeling for what its worth is, that if they are scared of traffic and people putting them on a lead and taking them to it might desensifiy them and do the opposite of what you want.

They may think you are trying to get them to like the traffic!

I am sure Cupcake will be snapped up  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
She is such a pretty little cat - Pav, you should feel rightly proud seeing her now up for adoption, and I'm sending shedloads of positive vibes that not only will she get her new home, but that she'll be so well taken care of and loved, just as she should be.   :hug: :hug:

Rosella, summed up so well, and I was about to say something similar.  We've lost ours around 7 in the morning, and around 7 in the evening, and I also hate this time of year for that reason - as you say Pav - so much going on for them of interest outside.   I hadnt realised until this last two years, how much I unconsciously took for granted with our lovely Padmeister - his "sensible genes" bless his heart.

Our old house had a busy main road at its foot, and a busy metro line to it's head, and he managed to cultivate the good sense to keep himself safe.  This house has green fields and wide open spaces a plenty, and we've still lost two in as many years.

We do what we can, hope for the best and fear the worst.   :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2014, 08:25:08 AM »
Would ya just look at Cupcake  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

http://themayhew.org/cats/cupcake/

...... i hate this time of the year its too much happening out there birds are just too tempting :( .......... after all i was here when both Millie and Mister had the accident and in spite of me getting them to my vet straight away neither of them made it  :'( I might as well open the flap and let Felicity and M Jingles come and go as they like .

Oh Pav, so often ... you take the words right out of my mouth.  Like you, we try to cut down the opportunities for accidents.  With us we get them in at around 6am for breakfast.  Most settle down for a grooming sesh and a sleep but we lock the babies up till 9am; yes I know Boris and Bobby are 3 years old now but ...  We work on the basis that 6 till 9 is the "rush hour" traffic wise but it's a narrow awkward road with lots of parked cars so people don't tend to use it as a rat run so much any more.  Still, the parked cars hide alot from view and the three Bs (including Billy) sadly love going across the road to the other side of the Spinney.  You just do what you can  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2014, 07:02:21 AM »
 Cup cake is on Mayhew re-homing page ;D

Mayhew is droping a trap on Wednesday morning to me , i am going to try and trap the feral boy and take him to my own vet as Mayhew is booked for next 2 weeks for traping ferals :-: Not looking forward to do traping :scared:

Thank you Kay, not sure if it works for my two as they are both terrified of people and traffic .  They sit outside watching the road and if there is a car or bike driving fast or make any noise they run towards the back as for people if some one even stop to talk to them they run for their lives! But then early morning its quiet out there , i hate this time of the year its too much happening out there birds are just too tempting :(
I have been up since 4 this morning , every day is the same and am starting to wonder why do i stay up till they come in, after all i was here when both Millie and Mister had the accident and in spite of me getting them to my vet straight away neither of them made it  :'( I might as well open the flap and let Felicity and M Jingles come and go as they like . Saying all this i am going to order two harness and do what you suggested. Thank you :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2014, 21:44:08 PM »
 Oh Thank you every one :hug: I am sorry but just cant concentrate tonigt. I will come back and post on weekend and reply to every one's post. :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2014, 17:41:08 PM »
Pav  :hug: anniversaries are hard  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »
Lupin went in front garden in his walking jacket and hated the traffic.

Sasa once was scared by another cat  and s aw her sitting in the school opposite it was very late at night and way before I could touch her.

I rushed downstairs and into middle of road and called her and to my relief she rushed across
but into a garden 2 doors up..end of story is that she legged it back to my wall and did an up and over and has never gone out the front again.

Sending you all my thoughts pav for Mister  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »
just a thought Pav - would it work if you took Felicity, and then Mr Jingles, on a harness to the edge of the road, and waited there with them until cars had rushed past, in the hope of frightening them?

I have a major country road outside my house, which isn't that busy but the cars do go at some speed, and when I first moved here I did that with my cat Tum-Tum, and in her eight remaining years here I never saw her go on that road
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »

Oh Pav.  I so understand what that means to you, and how much anxiety is has caused, let alone in terms of timing.  Sending you a big hug  :hug: :hug:

Rosella - seldom a more true sentiment expressed.  It always seems like the minute we relax our guard for an instant....   :( :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
I sometimes wonder whether I am cut out for running this cat hotel too Pav  :hug:  It seems if it's not one thing, it's another.  I do sympathise  :hug: :hug:

Best of luck with the stray fella  :crossed:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »
Thank you every one  :hug: :hug: You are so right i worry too much :-[ Any how i went on line kast night on lost pets uk site and searched but there were no munchkin cat was reported lost and also searched for munchin cats in uk there were few for sale one looked identical to her a Persian munchkin :Crazy: but she was in Norfolk! So next time you hear me talking about her will be when she goes up for re-homing ;)

Thank you Rosella, yes it could work not feeding him in the evening , as i said he run away yesterday not eating his food when i tried to get close but then i saw him out around 10pm looking for food. Gosh it seems i am on cat watch every min of my life :innocent: I have left a message for Mayhew and thats what i am going to do so hopefully they can drop the trap to me and i set it early morning.
Sue , unfortunatly the officer has to come and pick him up once in trap and she finishes at 5, and their clinic is closed on weekends. Finger crossed the wound is not deep and he is not in too much pain poor boy :(
Sorry have to rush am so late, not a good day today not only is Mister anniversary but also this morning i saw Felicity cross the road :( Its the first time ever she has crossed the road it was 6 am i called her and she came back but this is not good where shegoes Mr Jingles follow and up to now my only peace of mind was that they dont cross ourroad but now  :'( I just cant live with constant worry.Cant stop crying and have a meeting in an hour.
Thank you every one. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2014, 09:13:12 AM »
It's puzzling, her having an old collar put on her Pav but no more than that.  To be perfectly honest I couldn't give a hoot whether someone professed to love her or not. 

..... now she is free of insects and worms and all the nasties.

The infestation of various insects speaks volumes and she is now safe, warm, well fed and has every chance of being rehomed with someone who will take proper care of her. 

Well done Pav  :wow:

As to the stray black fella  :Luv2: I also think 14 to 15 hours in a trap seems a long time.  I wonder, if you didn't feed him one evening, he might turn up the following morning?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:16:55 AM by Rosella moggy »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2014, 07:03:59 AM »

Pav, I agree with Gill - it doesnt sound like she was someone's much loved pet, truly she didn't - which was a crying shame as she's a beautiful little thing.  And had she been someone's much loved pet, it was clear her circumstances had changed and she'd fallen on hard times.  I guess any one of us can be someone's "much loved" at some point in our lives, but it doesnt mean that we'll always remain so.  Life - and death - often has other ideas for us.   :hug: :hug:  Anyway, whatever the philosophy of it, she's now warm, cared for, infestation free and has a very good chance of getting a loving home again.
Compared to living rough, hungry and being bitten to hell and back, that's got to be an improvement in her young life.

With regard to the little feral boy, I have to admit I dont like the idea of him being in a trap that long.  Would it be possible to try and trap him over the weekend, if the trap could be checked sooner perhaps? 

And sorry you didnt get your carrier back, but it sounds ike it's gone to a good cause.....  :innocent:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2014, 21:27:09 PM »
Stop worrying Pav, if she was much loved she would have been chipped at least and certainly not in the state she was. Any owner who muched loved her would have been looking for her.

If she escaped and took a trip she must have been lost for quite a while and the main point is that she is safe now and also neutered and well and will have a great home very soon  ;D ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2014, 21:22:49 PM »

Cupcake a munchkin, she will definately be snapped up and must have had a home at some point, she is gorgeous.

Gill, my thought exactly, but i didnt get any respond to the posters i put up and the paper collor but then its possible she got out and lost!But then why wasnt she chipped, or neutured. Being a munchkin maybe the owner wanted to breed her! I guess we'll never know. I still wonder who put the old collor on her? I just hope i didnt take some one's much loved pet to a rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2014, 19:50:01 PM »
 Thank you Gill and Slugsta :hug: :hug:

He came around for his food this afternoon and i noticed a wound on his back it looked sore and bloody not sure how deep though, i tried to get close to check but he just hissed and left his food running away.  :(  Not sure whats best to do for him?

Well i am off to watch Super vet , did any one watched last week when he put Manuka Honey on the infected area of the little dog from Thiland , how amazing ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2014, 19:35:46 PM »
Cupcake is a real beauty! She has the chance of a loving home - thanks to you Pav, your a real star  :star1:

That does sound like a long time for your feral to be in a cage but I don't have any suggestions as to how to reduce it. I'm afraid  :-[

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2014, 18:50:51 PM »
My personal opinion is the same as your Pav.

Cupcake a munchkin, she will definately be snapped up and must have had a home at some point, she is gorgeous.

Well done Pav and so pleased the mayhew took her and got rid of all the nastys  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2014, 16:23:28 PM »
 I would like your opininon please.
 There is a feral boy which i have been feeding now for a while and the animal well fare officer at Mayhew suggested to do a TNR. The only problem here is that he visits every day after 5pm and the officer wants to come and set the trap early afternoon and leave to come back morning after to collect him. But i am not comfortable to leave a cat in a trap for over night out there. She said he would be fine in back garden but i dont like the idea of him being there for 14-15 hours. :(
What do you think i should do? Here is a picture of him waiting for his food.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2014, 16:15:38 PM »
 Dawn, Thank you so much :hug:

Thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2014, 15:20:16 PM »
she really is lovely, I'm sure she won't wait long well done Pav, she couldn't have done it without you

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2014, 15:17:39 PM »
 Thank you Rosella, i was told she will be snapped up  :) She is friendly and good with other cats.

Cant wait to see her on Mayhew rehoming page, she looked lonely and bored in that cabin.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2014, 15:08:50 PM »
 Thank you Sue, the two lady who work in cattery have been there for years and they are just amazing. I was standing there today watching them and thought they are angels :)

I didnt get my carrier back though , they just couldnt find it. probably being used for transporting ferals. My own fault no one else ;)

Happy ending for this little one, Thank you all for your advice and support. :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2014, 15:06:14 PM »
Well done Pav  da best :gold stars:

She is a beauty and no mistake so hopefully won't be long before she finds a loving home  :crossed:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2014, 14:43:41 PM »

Aw Pav - you're an angel.  Had been wondering whether or not you'd been able to get back to fetch your carrier and get an update. Lovely to learn that she's now soft and fluffy and beautiful, as she should have been.  What magic you work  :hug: :hug:  Here's to a cracking good home for her, with someone who will love and care for her and treasure what a special cat she is.  :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2014, 14:32:03 PM »
 I went to see Cup cake today :Luv2: Good news is that she wasnt pregnant ;D But they said she was riddled in fleas, ticks and all sorts :sick:

She is a munchkin cat :Luv: :Luv: because of her short legs the tummy seemed bigger than it was, any how now she is free of insects and worms and all the nasties. Her coat looked lovely and soft.
 I got to spend little time with her, first she growled at me and then was her usuall friendly. She has been neutured and after having her vaccinations will be put up for rehoming. Managed to take few pics not very good as i was in the cabin with her and she kept moving.I kissed her little head and wished her a Happy life in a great home :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2014, 21:47:51 PM »
Ouchy Pav! I'm sorry to hear about your fall and cracked ribs, I will  :hug: you very gently.

Isn't Taurus handsome?! I love his back nose!  :Luv2:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2014, 15:55:37 PM »
Yes he is adorable  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2014, 15:01:08 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  Oh Pav, sweetheart - you know me too well, too well.....  :hug: :hug:    I had indeed been eyeing Benji admiringly  :shy:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2014, 14:59:35 PM »
 Aww Sue thank you and Benji , isnt he adorable :Luv2: I thought of you when i saw him  :hug:

Gill is been pouring down here too and windy, def a day to stay in :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2014, 14:22:37 PM »

Oddly enough Pav, I'd been checking out the Mayhew, and of course looking at the cats for adoption (as you do) and I spotted Taurus too - I can see exactly why he has appeal for me you and I suspect Gill too - Gill, here's the link for Taurus:

http://themayhew.org/cats/taurus/

Glad you will get to go back for your carrier - and of course enquire how Cupcake is doing.   :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
The weather is awful here Pav and has been since last night, thank you  :hug: :hug:

To add a link you copy the address from the bar at top and then paste it where you are typing  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2014, 10:45:10 AM »
 Thank you Gill :hug: :hug: :hug:

Woke up to rain this morning and was so glad she is not out there getting soaked and Sue you are so right it was putting me under pressure and feeling of enormous guilt having to leave her out there. My two didnt want to go out so went back to bed with a big smile knowing she is in a nice , warm bed now .

Then remembered i left my cat carrier , i should have waited for them to settle Cupcake to a cabin and take my carrier but i walked out being so upset, well another good reason to go back now :naughty:
 Last night while waiting for Felicity to come in i went on Mayhew site cats for re homing and there is this cat called Taurus :Luv2: :Luv2: OMG he is sooo gorgeous i fall in love  :Luv:
Not sure how to put the link but if you have a secongd just have a look at their site. :hug: :hug:
Very windy out there but the sun is out , so i told the cats lets be happy and spend some time in the garden. Have a great day every one.
Rosella i hope you and Bobby had a peaceful night :hug:
Gill, you are in my thoughts :hug:
Dawn sending gentle hugs for Amber. :hug:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:52:38 AM by pappilon »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2014, 01:00:47 AM »
So sorry to hear about the fall Pav and I would have sprayed and vacumed but not touched the furniture  :innocent: just let indorex do its job.

Sending loads of cuddles to Felicity, Mr Jingles and you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sure that Cupcake will be great  and loved to bits by all that have contact with her.

Hope you are slowly recovering  :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat