Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 29111 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Advice please
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2013, 23:17:42 PM »
Thank you Slugsta, i have been very lucky with Felicity accepting  the kitten and allowing him to walk all over her :)
Thank you Sheila i will wait couple of more weeks as am not sure of his age vet put him at 4-5 weeks and he has been here 3 weeks now so almost there Felicity insurance is due for renewing in October so i might be able to get a better deal insuring them together ;D

Gill you are right her instincts has taken over some days she just let him do what ever he wants to her as mum cats do and other times she is strict with him and then there are days that she looks as she has had enough and takes refuge where he cant reach her :naughty: But soon he will be able to jump enough and get to window sills i am not sure what Felicity would do then :shy: But its nice to see her playing and acting like a young cat should do . Right now she is sleeping upstairs and he down here so they both know when to give each other some space. For now things are working good but as soon as he is old enough to jump to get to higher places i have to find a way to stop him going out since the windows are always open for Felicity to use.  :-:
The picture i took this afternoon , sorry for the mess and cat litters every where got the delivery today need to take them to my car but didnt fancy going out in rain :naughty:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2013, 19:22:12 PM »
Oh how wonderful they look together and Felicitys mother instincts have taken over  ;D

He loves her too  :wow:

There never used to be such a thing as kitten food so agree with the others  ;D

What astunning gorgeous pair.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2013, 16:57:13 PM »
Am just delighted for you Pav, this is exactly right.  Photos show how much they love one another already.  ;D ;D ;D

One site states first vaccinations from 9 weeks, so Mr Jingles is probably about the right age. A second jab comes in three weeks after the first one. You can get him microchipped whenever you like, I'd be inclined to do this with the first vaccination.  :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2013, 16:48:49 PM »
Awww, what lovely photos, proof of the success story! Well done Pav and Felicity  :briggin:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2013, 14:38:32 PM »
Mymblessdaughter thank you for putting my mind at rest i got himdifferent kitten food but when i put them down he try and cover them :evillaugh: I can see him struggling with the dry food and takes him ages to have one but he doesnt minmd bless him. Atleast he drinks his cemicat milk twice a day .
Rosella thank you :hug: :hug: he is such a sweetheart :Luv2: The reason for the encore is Felicity is been to picky with her food i went through boxes and boxes of different foods and and she would just pick a mouthful and leave the food wasnt waisted as i feed the foxes but it was waist of money and then i came across the new encore in pots they are tiny but when i put down one she finish the whole pot she would leave only on treats if she could :-:
When do you think i should take him for first vacination i would like to insure him but he needs to have his vaccinations first.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2013, 13:43:07 PM »
What incredible pics Pav  :catluv: :catluv: :catluv:

Just been showing OH and many aaaaaaaaaaaahhhs  :) :)

I too wouldn't worry too much about feeding adult food as obviously it's far more important he eats something.  Encore and Applaws eh?  Better keep that quiet if I were you as our lot will be on a train heading south  :evillaugh:  Not at all surprised he wants to make sure no one takes it from him given the quality of his grub and the awful start he had  :(

They are both very very beautiful  :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
Beautiful :Luv2: don't worry about the kitten food. Mine came from a rescue with their Mum at 3 weeks old and never ate kitten food. The person from the rescue said they were fine on adult food. They did get some small kitten biscuits because I was worried that they would choke on the bigger ones which they insisted on trying to eat!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2013, 22:30:55 PM »
 Gill thank you for asking, yes they are doing really well ;D I dont keep them seperate any more during the day i was a bit concerned as Felicity some times is a bit rough with him and i hear him squeak but then he goes back for more and i thought if he is hurt he wouldnt go back so yesterday it was first time they spend spend the day together and when i got back they were both in one piece :evillaugh:
Here is some pics from last Sunday afternoon i found them in my bed having a snooze and they even eat together but he holds his food with his paws and growl when eating bless :naughty: She does get annoyed when he tries to suckle from her and wont let him but then he comes to me and starts on my neck :-[
The only problem is he refuses to eat kitten food wet or dry so am not sure  :naughty:what to do ?He has been eating same as Felicity
 Encore %100 natural in pots and applaws dry!
Mr Jingle is lovely :Luv2: and Felicity spending lot more time indoor now  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 00:42:24 AM by pappilon »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2013, 18:35:21 PM »
How they doing Pav?

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »
New piccies  ;D :Luv2:

Pav, they really seem to be getting on so well. Thank you for the comment about my son  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »

Those piccies are having me grinning from ear to ear.  :evillaugh:  They look made for each other.   :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2013, 22:50:16 PM »
Oh wow Mr Jingles and Felicity are just great  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry your plans have been disrupted aqain but boy are these two worth it  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2013, 21:27:26 PM »
Oh well done both you and Felicity. :gold stars: Pav, I do believe Mister Jingle's going to be alllllright.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2013, 21:11:46 PM »
Ive had to catch up on this Pav and im so delighted to see them playing together  :Luv2: it really warms my heart to hear and see how well the little one has settled in :) you and felicity have both done well to open your heart and home to him  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2013, 20:44:14 PM »

Oh Pav - those photographs say it all!!!    ;D :Luv2: :wow:  See?  There was nothing to be worried about!  They are just delightful.  And I very much like the name Mr Jingles.  :wow:  That's a big thumbs up.   ;)

He clearly sees you as his "Mummy" and that's such a gift, a precious gift.  :Luv:   You can be soo proud of Miss Felicity.  My guess is she's learning just as much from Mr Jingles as Mr Jingles is learning fromher, and that photo where he's wriggling to get up to her - makes my heart melt.   :)

So pleased at your little family unit.  If ever there was a good reason for staying put, fate brought it to your door.   :hug: :hug:
Sue Thank you for the kind words :hug: Yes as you know Mr Jingles comes from Green mile and is one of the best films i have ever seen and the lil mouse is just adorable :) I was thinking for a while to get a friend for Felicity as i felt she is lonely and seeing her trying to make friends with other cat visitors but i had in mind an older cat so she could learn from him but i delayed it as i planed to go to Iran in September just for 10 days to have a short break and sort out all my staff which is been sitting in boxes for last 3 years! and visit my brother and family i thought when i get back i will visit Mayhew but as always nothing goes to planin my life :shy: so i told my sil on Sunday i wont be going in Sep.
I do believe in fate and things happens for a reason so here we are  :)

Allison thank you so much , so pleased ever one like Mr Jingles and sending lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: for you and your son.x
Dawn thank you, i am crossed with the person who did this as i think if he/she acted sooner the other kitten might have had a chance to be saved. :( Sending you some  :hug: :hug:
Mymblesdaughter same here when ther start chasing each other upstairs it sounds like a herd of Elephants and i panic when it all goes quiet :evillaugh: Felicity is young herself but am sure she acts on her instincts lets hope she is a good teacher she is not the brightest though :naughty:
Here is some more pics just to make you smile :hug:
First they played and then he cleaned her ears again and then she gave him a good wash :Luv:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
I wouldn't plan on any sleep in the near future my two are two and a half and still run around a lot in the night :naughty: I worry about my new neighbours downstairs, they have only been there a couple of weeks and it must sound like a herd of elephants above them.

It's so lovely for Mr Jingles to have another cat he can look up to and hopefully take more of a Mummy role. 

In the first picture you can't tell were Mr Jingles starts and Felicity ends.

As you can see I came on of another look this morning as they were such lovely photos to see last night before I went to bed. Post as many picture as you like they are making me smile.  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »
oh pav those photos are just  :Luv2:

I'm still cross that someone put you in this position but as kittens seem to have a habit of find their way to you we can just put it down to fate

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:48 AM »
Wonderful pics Pav  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: I love the name Mr Jingles too  :) :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »

Oh Pav - those photographs say it all!!!    ;D :Luv2: :wow:  See?  There was nothing to be worried about!  They are just delightful.  And I very much like the name Mr Jingles.  :wow:  That's a big thumbs up.   ;)

He clearly sees you as his "Mummy" and that's such a gift, a precious gift.  :Luv:   You can be soo proud of Miss Felicity.  My guess is she's learning just as much from Mr Jingles as Mr Jingles is learning fromher, and that photo where he's wriggling to get up to her - makes my heart melt.   :)

So pleased at your little family unit.  If ever there was a good reason for staying put, fate brought it to your door.   :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013, 00:25:11 AM »
Rosella Thank you glad you like the name he is very lil , i have bars in front of my main door so i could leave the door open in summer and i made sure years ago to have the bottom part cat proof but he managed to get out the other day  :shocked:
He is such a sweet heart every evening he nods off next to me on the sofa and then wakes up in a panic and runs up my top and then falls sleep on my chest while suckling my neck i am covered in scratches and love bites :evillaugh:  Neighbour reckons its the heart beat and the warmth that reminds him of his mum :(
Thanks Kay he just doesnt standstill long enough for Felicity to wash him but i am sure with time she will take over :Luv: It was and is a rotten thing for any one to do but at least the person who did this were wise enough not to leave them in a park or just in the street . Last year Mayhew found some kittens in a bin bag two stops away from where i live and this year a box taped with kittens was found in a side street in the same area, people are heartless :'(
Mistress Felicity  ;D has been spending a bit more time indoors which is a positive thing only if they stop chasing each other all night and let me get few hours sleep :tired: I am not complaining though its lovely to see them both happy and having fun.
Thank you Mymblesdaughter. :hug:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 00:37:18 AM by pappilon »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 23:06:08 PM »
So cute :Luv2: :blow kiss:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 23:00:15 PM »
that's just wonderful - Felicity of course should be washing his ears, but she's a clever girl, and is taking her chance while he's still littler than her to turn him into her slave

it was a rotten thing to do leaving Mr Jingles and his poor sibling outside your door, but great that it has turned out so well for all of you - Mistress Felicity might even be less anxious to go out at all hours now she has a companion indoors
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2013, 22:37:56 PM »
Yay!    :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Love the name Mr Jingles Pav  :)  He still looks pretty little to me but absolutely delighted the young man has wormed his way into Felicity's heart.    :ok:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2013, 22:32:44 PM »
Kay thank you for asking he is doing great ;D
They chased each other all weekend and it was kind of rough play and occasion cry but i watched them closely and it seemed they were enjoying them selves . The little scrap not so lil  now named           
MR Jingles keep going back for more  and Felicity put him on his place when needed ;) I did seperate them few times as i thought they both being a bit rough and then this eve it was all too quiet so i run upstairs only to find Mr Jingles on top of Felicity licking her face and cleaning her ears  :Luv: Proud of my beautiful girl  :)
Some pics of them having fun :wow:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2013, 16:28:50 PM »
how's that little scrap doing, Pav? have you named him, and has Felicity started to mother him yet?

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 17:47:45 PM »
Someone recommended to me to use a little spray with water in it. My cat used to look at me disgusted when i used it on her  :rofl:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 17:26:52 PM »
Thank you Gill and Dawn, yesi think he has grown a bit :)
Thank you Allison  so there is still hope that she come around`3-4 months i dont think i last that long LOL ;)
This morning it kicked off again but this time he responded by taking a swipe back at Felicityand then chasing her :Crazy: Couple of times she rolled on her back and i thought that is a good sign , guess just have to wait and see.
Any advice on how to stop him jumping on my back or legs with full claws on i keep picking him up and put him on the floor but he keep doing it and it really hurts i tried blowing on his face but it doesnt stop him little monkey :-:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »
Gorgeous pic Pav  :Luv: :Luv:

BTW, I had Simba for 3 1/2 years before I got Tiger. Simba was horrified by the new arrival. I kept Tiger downstairs when I first got him and Simba would come in the catflap, eat his food and very quickly disappear upstairs.
It took about 3 - 4 months before Simba started to accept Tiger. After that they became best mates. Just give Felicity a bit of time. She's been used to having your place all to herself and as others have said she's just putting the little boy in his place.  :) :) :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 08:25:09 AM »
what a great picture, he looks like he has grown already!  of course he needs a name

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 00:00:52 AM »
Thats a great picture  ;D ;D

Oh yes I think you should  :innocent:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 21:22:55 PM »
They look lovely together. They even look a bit alike  :Luv2:   

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 21:08:10 PM »
Sue thank you so much for explaining this now i understand why she is behaving different with other visitors
as for descipline i can say hands on heart it would be in his best interest if Felicity take over and tell him whats right and wrong as i am too soft and let him get away with every thing which is wrong. He just pulled a big chunk of my hair and he hasnt stoped climbing my hands and feet which is very painful when you wearing short sleeves i am covered in scratches and very sore already and he has been here only 3 days :)
Thank you Sue :hug: :hug:
Gill you are so right he does sees her as a mum cat i realized that this eve when she was sitting here in the room and he just wanted to get close to her and :rofl: :rofl: to her seeing him as a little pest. Yes i could see the look of stupid kitten in Felicity face to day but she is a kitten herself which Sasa is a mature and wise lady :Luv2:
I am going to try and calm down and just keep an eye on them i dont think she gets too rough its not in her nature. I just feel really sorry for him not a good start in life and so young :-:
Gill thank you  :hug: :hug:

Here is a picture i took this eve , and there was one hiss from her and then she moved.
Name oh yes i have a name in mind but do you think i should :naughty: ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 18:59:57 PM »
I agree with all said and think Felicity is just trying to teach him and if she had claws out he would have backed away.

I think they are going to be great together, just give them time  ;D

Sasa who is loads older meeps and hisses if necessary at my crazy nearly 3 yr old but he understands that she is the boss cat and backs off but as he sees an oportunity he is jumping over or past her and she stays where she is with a look.........stupid kitten!

Agree your worry and stress will transfer especially to Felicity so chill and let them get on with it, I reckon he sees her as a mum cat and she sees him as a little pest who needs some manners  ;D

If she gets malicious he will run away but will probably come back until he pushes her to the limit but wont give up LOL

Tail up is a greeting and happy cat. always know when Sasa is happy she tail ups and then when she takes me to top of stairs for a stroke she rolls over against me and whacks me with her happy tail as I stroke her.

Time to give kitty a name I reckon  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 18:16:44 PM »

Pav - tellingly, you've hit the nail on the head - it isn't them who're getting anxious - it's you.   :hug: :hug:

Older cats will naturally "discipline" younger cats - it's what their Mother and litter mates would do naturally, so they learn parameters in play - if they're too rough or too persistent, they get a whack - and not always a soft bop, either.

Felicity wont necessarily spit at cats outside because they learn to share territory (although not always peacably - our two were terrorised around October- February time last year when two new unneueterd toms moved into the territory and began taking over, thumping and whacking all in their path, and generally behaving like the Kray twins.  Dunno what happened to them, but they haven't been seen since around May, and things have settled quietly back to normality, but Felicity is bound to feel protective of what - up until now - has been her territory.  She will however learn to share, even of she doesnt always welcome kitten attention. 

Give it time, and try not to worry, as you'll communicate the anxiety to both Felicity and the little feller.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 17:32:27 PM »
It's hard to know how much force/malice was behind the swipe. After all, the kitten didn't back off when told to do so, so Felicity could just have been teaching the kitten some manners.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 17:13:01 PM »
we've all had those sort of kisses at one time or another - just another hazard of being a cat owner :sick:

and they do look cute together, or at least in the same frame - I have a feeling they are going to be very good friends in no time, though I'm willing to bet Felicity goes on giving him the occasional hiss and swipe - these young fellas have to be reminded of their place ;)

by the way, that tail at 90 degrees suggests Felicity is very pleased to see her black pal

Kay it all kicked off this morning, i was playing with him in the sitting room and Felicity walked in and just sat there watching us really relaxed and then the kitten went towards her and for the first time sho took a swipe at him but he didnt back off and she went on swiping  so i picked him up and took him up she followed and went on sniffing his tail :scared: I noticed if he doesnt look her in the eye or sits she is ok its only when he show reaction she starts hissing.
That is what i dont understand she is pleased to see the black cat and others but is making a fuss with the kitten :(

Sheila i am not sure if the black one is full tom or not i havent been able to get close enough but have seen him marking out side i am trying to get his trust and check if he is not spayed then off to the vets :sneaky:
When yoy say they come to a blow out what should i expect? He is very small and this morning i was concerned that she hurt him.

Sue she does have places to go which is out of his reach and i leave all the windows open for her as she wont use the cat flap :shy:
I thought the same that i dont want him upstairs in the bedroom but he helped him self and i couldnt say no he looks so innocent and find comfort in digging through my hair he purrs when he does and then nod off bless him :Luv: I think our babies have a spot in our hearts  :hug: :hug:
Allison i hope so i thought to give it another week and see how it goes.
Dawn i remember Mister always walked around with his tail up. :)

Rosella thanks i didnt know about the descipline  :innocent: I thought Felicity maternal instinct will take over and she would well come him with open paws but instead she is taking a swipe on poor baby as long as she doesnt hurt him. He was fine this morning after the kick off and carried on playing as nothing happened and Felicity too its me who is getting anxious.
Thank you BCL  :hug:
Thank you every one for the support and advice. :hug:

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01:13 AM »
Ahh, Pappilon, he is gorgeous!  :Luv: I'm sure Felicity will get on with him eventually.  You are a such an angel to take on this little fella!
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 09:41:41 AM »
I'm sure peeps have mentioned many times on here that it's between 8 and 12 weeks that mum teaches discipline.  I think it's no bad thing at all that Feliciity is teaching the little (stunningly gorgeous) boy wot da rulez iz  :)  Our Fred had to teach Groucho da rulez.  I honestly think this is going to work out just great.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:42:10 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
all of mine do tail up as a greeting to me!  if I go out into the garden and they are out they come running with tails up, I always took it as a hello type of thing!  its such early days pav, I bet the two of them will be fine in another week

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 08:56:45 AM »
Pav, lovely pics  :Luv: :Luv: I'm sure Felicity and the new little boy will sort things out soon.  :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Link to CatChat