Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 29105 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Advice please
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 07:37:40 AM »

Oh Pav.  Heartrending reading this post, but my heart goes out to you for taking the little one on.  So typical of your generosity of spirit.   :hug:   he's a little belter, as we say up here (it's a compliment  ;) :evillaugh:

As long as Felicity has places she can "escape" to, such as places he cant access yet, then all should be good.  Sweet that he came up the stairs too.  I remember when we got Ross, and OH decided he wasnt going to bring him up to bedroom, because that had been Mac's spot.    We'd been in bed all of ten minutes when he got up again, went downstairs and brought our little Beefy up with him.  From tha night on, we had another little body cuddling into our heads, and all was good with the world again.....   :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 23:06:50 PM »
Is blackie an unneutered Tom, Pav? That big flag of a tail is definitely "come up and see me sometime"  ;)

I've seen my (spayed, older) ladies react like that when a young entire stud presents himself here (one never ceases to enjoy the form of a fine young man, after all  :shy: ) Very becoming he is.  :Luv2:

As for wee tomboy, I think these two will come to blows soon, and afterwards will be very much closer.
It took an incident with deadly enemies Rufus (12 months) and Sadie (12 weeks) whereby an accidental collision ended with Rufus picking her up and licking her head. They were inseparable after that.  ;D Hoping the same for these two.  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 22:57:36 PM »
we've all had those sort of kisses at one time or another - just another hazard of being a cat owner :sick:

and they do look cute together, or at least in the same frame - I have a feeling they are going to be very good friends in no time, though I'm willing to bet Felicity goes on giving him the occasional hiss and swipe - these young fellas have to be reminded of their place ;)

by the way, that tail at 90 degrees suggests Felicity is very pleased to see her black pal
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2013, 21:50:41 PM »
Oh Kay i hope so . It happened tonight as well and he got a bit closer and thats when she got up and left again i feel she is scared of him :(
On the positive side when me and Felicity go to bed he stays down i just kiss him and put the lights off and its all peaceful but this morning when i let Felicity out he made his way up and climbed the bed and next he was all over my face giving me wet kisses and licks on my mouth and nose till i remembered last night he was sitting on the sofa licking his malteseres  :rofl: Was too late so i let him carry on ;)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
this all sounds very promising, Pav - they are clearly interested in each other, and despite the growling and hissing no fur has flown yet

I expect Felicity couldn't wait to tell her handsome black friend all about it
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
Thank you Allison and a very norty one  ;D
Oh Rosella still havent left for work just cant bring my self to leave him in a room what if he get to mischief and get stock in some thing i have been moving things out of sitting room all morning  :tired: have to go to work soon have to :evillaugh:
Last night while i was playing with him i saw Felicity coming down and she sat on the stairs watching us and then he went towards her first she was ok but then he got too close and she started hissing and then the little monkey got all his fur standing up and started growling at poor Felicity i was shocked he is the size of a pea and could make a noise like that :rofl: so i took him away and Felicity went out greeting his new friend.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »
Hope you were able to arrange things safely so that the little man and Felicity can go about their business whilst you are at work Pav  :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
Pav, what a gorgeous little boy  :Luv2: :Luv2: And you really are an angel  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 15:53:41 PM »
Sorry the vet was less than helpful  :hug: :hug:

Hope all of this sounds positive and that Felicity has decided she needs to know about her new kitten  :innocent:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 13:10:37 PM »
cats have their mouths half-open when they are testing out a smell and I suspect Felicity was testing out his taste at the same time, odd though it sounds

I would take it as a good sign, anyway, as it might well be her curiousity about this little interloper is stronger than her antipathy towards him, and suggests she is going to be OK about him given time
Thank you Kay, it make sense . She took her time doing it as she was analysing the tray .
I love purrs you learn something new everyday. :)
Thank you  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 21:37:35 PM by pappilon »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 13:08:04 PM »
I suspected as much Pav  :shy:  We have a water fountain in kitchen and bowls of water in another 4 rooms but yes; dirty rain water is much preferred.

What Kay says sounds right and yes I've also heard cats take in smell sometimes with mouth partially open.  Very odd though to actually lick the tray with tittentat's wee in.  Glad she seems more relaxed with him  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »
Stupid question Pav.  Do you have bowls of water down in your place that have been topped up?  :shy: 

If the answer is yes.  Then I have no idea why Felicity would do that unless she is cleaning up after him recognising he is a very young perhaps?
Rosella do you mean drinking water? Yes one in corder next to her food and one in the kitchen and now that i moved her food to bedroom i put one there too but she likes to drink from the bowl left outside for the birds and the bucket which is rain water.
Well at least she is not hissing any more which is a positive thing so am hoping with time she accept him.
Than you

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
cats have their mouths half-open when they are testing out a smell and I suspect Felicity was testing out his taste at the same time, odd though it sounds

I would take it as a good sign, anyway, as it might well be her curiousity about this little interloper is stronger than her antipathy towards him, and suggests she is going to be OK about him given time
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 09:44:25 AM »
Stupid question Pav.  Do you have bowls of water down in your place that have been topped up?  :shy: 

If the answer is yes.  Then I have no idea why Felicity would do that unless she is cleaning up after him recognising he is a very young perhaps?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 23:38:05 PM »
JS thank you it is stressful having a new member :hug:
Gill Thankyou :hug: I do miss Mister every day :( Not impressed with the vet today as he didnt do any thing to help all i wanted was to know why he is not pooing and do some thing about it . He just dewormed him and said he will do when he is ready :-: its been 42 hours now so where does he put all the food he is eating?
Slugsta i have been following your thread re Cleo, it must be hard for you . I wonder what goes in their heads they accept some cats and reject others its like us with chemistry i guess you click with some people and some not :) Felicity is happy to come in through the front door avoid seeing the kitten but tonight she did some thing strange she came in through the sitting room window stering at the kitten but no hissing and then went to his litter tray and started licking the tray with all the wee and then just sat there with her mouth half open with me watching her with my mouth full open :shocked:Not sure why.
Well i have been up since 4.30 this morning and am :tired: I do need a good night sleep but its not going to happen .
Good night every one and thank you. :hug: x

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 19:24:46 PM »
The kitten is gawjuss  :Luv2: and you are an angel!

I have just taken in my sister-in-laws cat as SIL has gone travelling. Cleo is 11 or 12 but quite small and my big Alfie is frightened of her  :( , he 'handles' the situation by staying out for most of the day. It is very sad as I will have to rehome Cleo if Alfie doesn't start to settle  :'( I hope that Felicity soon comes round and accepts the baby.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 19:14:05 PM »
I think Mister sent the kitten Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug:

He knew you would be missing him today.

The kitten is gorgeous and hope Felicity loves him quickly.

Your vet sounds good and caring.

Great advice on Purrs as usual  ;D

Sorry know nothing about kittens and washing,

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 14:21:18 PM »
Sheila thank you :hug: Sorry i missed your post as it takes me ages to post something :-[
It was awful to see the little kitten dead and knowing that it had happened while in the box out side my place as for the people who left the box  >:( why not take them to a rescue but then lately i have come across some people who have cats but know so little about their well being and neutering :(
If you remember my friend Sally who passed away 3 months ago and left a young family and her cat Princess behind i have been taking food for Princess on weekly basis leaving it with the girl who lives in the same building as Sally's husband and asking her to make sure Princess gets it as i know the husband not cooping well i was there 2 weeks ago and saw the husband and asked how is Princess ? He said oh she is back!! I said didnt know she was away and he said no she disappeared for 3 days and now is back they live on the 3rd floor and she has access to balcony so i was surprised till he came out and said you know she was on heat  :( :( but she is ok now i was furious so i said to him she must be pregnant if she disappeared for 3 days he said aww i be granddad  >:( I asked him if i could come and take her to the vet and have her spayed his reply was why? I tried to explain but he wasnt interested. The poor cat is so underweight it breaks my heart . What can you do with some one like this :(
Sorry back to Felicity i wonder if she can smell the dead kitten as she was great with Bertie . Its been a while since i bath a kitten but its a good idea i have to go and get shampoo, can i use baby Jonson on him?
THe vet visit went ok he dewormed him, def a boy and gave us a kitten starter pack which includes Front line but said use it in couple of days and let him settle first, he also said dont worry if you see lots of worms :sick: Lovely :evillaugh: As for not pooing he said its fine he will do it when he is ready :-: He didnt want to give any laxitive yet he said if he hasnt in next 48 h then to go back.
I got him some Cemicat the box is huge why dont they do smaller size ? Hope i can find some one who can take whats left of it in few weeks.
My beautiful Mister i miss him so much  :'( :'(
Dawn thanks he is sweet and has a cute face but then all kittens are ;) I remeber first i saw Mister i thought to my self well he doesnt look kitten like if that make sense(Shame on me) :-[ But then the older he got he became more handsome.  :Luv2:
Ok the little man is sleeping and Felicity is out so i can get on with some house work :)
Thank you every one for all the support. x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 13:56:01 PM »
 :hug: :hug: Well done, Pav. It can be very stressful when you get a newcomer in the house; especially one you're totally unprepared for. As always, you've risen to the challenge. He's ace and Felicity is being a very good girl calming down a bit. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
oh pav what a sweet little baby!  I hope felicity comes around to this little mite

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »
Oh NO Dawn, i am grateful for your offer it was very kind of you i dont know much when it comes to cat/kitten health thats why Purrs is  a great place to seek advice and support. I had many cats in Iran but its a different world and way of looking animals. So i do appreciate any advice here .
I was hoping Mayhew would take him as i have supported them for 20 plus years and am confident they find the right home and always take the cat back if any problem.
I do put all the details here of eating and weeing incase some one has more / fresh ideas which help.
Once again Thank you so much for your kind offer, its good to know there is a chance Felicity may come around :hug: :hug:
No name yet just have to wait and see how it goes with Felicity.x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »
Good luck at the vets, Pav.  :crossed:

I just read through this thread and feel so sorry for the poor little ones that didn't make it.  :'( That must have been a dreadful thing to find.  :hug: :hug: It's shocking what some people do to animals, what the hell were they thinking?  >:(

At least this little guy has a chance now, and fortuitous that he arrived just in time for the lovingly remembered Mister's birthday. It's definitely his influence that brought this poor baby to your door at this time.   :innocent:  :)

I wondered if perhaps your Felicity can smell the dead kitten on him  :( and this may be what's upsetting her? Maybe a bath would help?

Let me know if I can help, Pav.  :hug:

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »
Thank you every one :hug: Couldnt sleep so went out and spent time with Felicity she is garding her catch a little mouse.
How horrible for you that must be so upsetting.

I wouldn't try to contact the owners as they obviously aren't the right sort of people to have cats otherwise they would have looked after them better.

Good luck with the kitten. I'm sure Felicity will be fine, she probably likes to choose her own friends not have you choose them for her. They are funny sometimes. My two were scared of two tiny kittens.   

Thank you Dawn its very kind offer but i dont think he needs hand-rearing i have some experiance with kittens as  where i come from cats and dogs live in the street and from a young age i always brought them home . I have seen and even helped few cats giving birth so hopefully i be ok with this little one my concern is with Felicity not knowing why she is scared .
Well at least i am home for next 2 days , i do hope she comes around as i would like to keep this little guy here i wonder if he misses his little sister and mum thats why he is glued to me :(
RIP mum cat and little Angel. :'(

Apologies if I've caused any offense.  It was late at night and I was posting quickly before bed.  I was only mentioning that as there were questions about what he ought to be eating at this age, and I was happy to share my experience.  And then there was mention of Mayhew being too full to take him, so thought I'd offer to enquire on your behalf if you were still looking.  I certainly didn't mean to imply that you aren't more than capable of taking excellent care of the little fella, or that you wouldn't be a great home for him.  In fact, I think that would be ideal.  :)  Regarding Felicity, it is early days and she may very well come 'round to the kitten in time.  I once babysat another fosterer's hand-rear over the weekend, and my cat really got his nose out of joint over it so I understand how worrying it can be.  Best of luck with the little guy--have you named him yet?
Feline Cat Rescue--Internet Appeals

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
Thank you Liz i thought of leaving him in the sitting room on Monday so he can have the sitting room and kitchen area and Felicity bedroom, landing and bathroom I think Felicity should be ok as i know some days she doesnt even come down all day she just sleeps upstairs .I will start rubbing them with same towel today.Last night i used the same brush on both :)
Rosella the vet told me yesterday its a boy ;D When i was helping him do a wee i could see/feel lil bump there :naughty: i'll ask her to check again when we go back today.
No poo yet i am very surprised but he has the biggest tum i have seen in a kitten he looks like a ballon with legs :evillaugh: but he did a wee by him self this morning :)
He is scratching himself too but i couldnt find any flea dirt.
Lau thankyou he is very sweet but cheeky last night he had the da birdy and was pulling it every where when i tried to take it away he started growling very sweet.
Today is Mister 3rd Birthday and also 35 years since i came to this country and i had few things planed but i think it will be the vet visit and home for us, shows nothing goes to plan.
I think i leave the naming for now, as if Felicity dont come around then i have to find him a home i cant see her unhappy and scared i am going to try and take few more days off next week and stay in with them and see how it goes.Ok off we go to the vets.
Thank you every one. :hug:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:27:34 AM by pappilon »

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 08:59:19 AM »
Awww what a sweetheart  :Luv2: i think he/she does need a name! Something meaning lucky maybe felix or Bennett means blessed or even Boniface which means fate/ good destiny.....rather strange that Felicity also means lucky  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 07:10:43 AM »
Been thinking about you, Felicity and this little fella overnight Pav and so pleased to hear you got some food into him.  How sure are you of his sex?  I hear it's difficult to tell at that age. Whether a boy or a girl though Pav, he is without doubt a very very beautiful tittentat  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hope all goes well at vets this morning and also that a nice normal, 5 week old kitten poo appears before too long.

It's good of you to take this little chap on board Pav (even if only until another decent home can be found) but heavens above what on earth else could you have done?  Just adorable  :) :) :)

Do hope there is a room that he can stay in whilst you are at work.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 06:54:40 AM »
Pav you are an Angel yourself helping out this little soul, do we have a name yet

Is it possible to shut him in the bathroom when you are at work and leave Miss Felicity the run of the place as normal with a closed door between them it should be ok

I would also rub them both with the same towel/cloth so they start to smell of each other

Again Pav you are a star for helping out  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 05:15:39 AM »
Felicity came in at 2 straight to the bedroom, i decided to stay with her so put the little man to sleep and went up she had some thing to eat i brushed her and we played  and had couple of hours sleep ;D Was expecting to hear the kitten cry but no he was as good as gold when i came down he was awake in his bed :Luv2:Helped him to do a wee but no poo yet :scared: Felicity is out and he is in my hand bag playing so all together was a good night lets hope she will be less anxious today.
Here is few picture of the little man.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 23:51:26 PM »
Thank you every one :hug: Couldnt sleep so went out and spent time with Felicity she is garding her catch a little mouse.

I wouldn't try to contact the owners as they obviously aren't the right sort of people to have cats otherwise they would have looked after them better.

Good luck with the kitten. I'm sure Felicity will be fine, she probably likes to choose her own friends not have you choose them for her. They are funny sometimes. My two were scared of two tiny kittens.   
Thank you, you are right i didnt think is a good idea puting notice up.That is good to know that Felicity is not the only one who is scared of the kitten so hopeful she will come around.

Lau thank you, i am hoping she comes around my worry is for Monday which i have to go to work as Felicity stays in all day and out at night comes home around 2 am and out again at 4 and back before i leave for work so my concern is to leave her in on Monday with this little man.
Thank you Rosella, i managed to give him some wet food and more milk but he hasnt done any poo since i found him which is 18 hours now so am concerned and thinking his huge tum must be full of worms and poo  :sick: Not sure why he dont poo i wiped him again and he did another wee i am sure the vet will sort it.
Felicity like Groucho was older than this little man when i found her so i didnt have any problem with feeding but he is very tiny bless him.
Rosella how are you feeling yourself sweetheart? :hug: :hug:

Thank you Dawn its very kind offer but i dont think he needs hand-rearing i have some experiance with kittens as  where i come from cats and dogs live in the street and from a young age i always brought them home . I have seen and even helped few cats giving birth so hopefully i be ok with this little one my concern is with Felicity not knowing why she is scared .
Well at least i am home for next 2 days , i do hope she comes around as i would like to keep this little guy here i wonder if he misses his little sister and mum thats why he is glued to me :(
RIP mum cat and little Angel. :'(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 23:55:23 PM by pappilon »

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 23:05:47 PM »
Hi Papillon,

I have some experience hand-rearing kittens and would be happy to chat over the phone if you like.  Also, depending on where you are in the country I *may* know a fosterer willing or able to take the kitten on, if that's what you want.
Feline Cat Rescue--Internet Appeals

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 22:44:53 PM »
I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to waste time trying to find previous owners.

I've had a quick google Pav and it seems 5 week old kittens are in between milk and food stage so have you tried mixing kitten milk with wet kitten food into a mush so it can be lapped?

Oh dear I really hope you are in touch with someone who knows how to care for a kitten of that age  :hug:  Sad that Mayhew were not able to ring you back with some advice at least.  I'm afraid I would class this as an emergency if kitten isn't eating.

At least Groucho was 8 weeks when he came to us and hoovered up kitten food with no trouble at all.  I wish I has some experience to offer Pav   :hug: :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 22:22:56 PM »
I wouldnt advertise the kitten hun, i would just find a new home for him. His previous home is not where i would be willing to send an ant, never mind a kitten. They could have contacted a vet for the poorly creatures or taken them to a rescue but they dumped them. You are doing a wonderful job, even if felicity is upset currently, im sure she will come around....

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 21:50:25 PM »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 20:34:14 PM »
Gill thank you so much, its a one bed flat with bedroom upstairs but cant close the door cos of the bed.Ofcourse Felicity comes first and she knows she is loved for some reason she acts as she is scared of the kitten ! I took her food and water upstairs and called her in she did come upand had her food and i brushed her and then she saw the stray outside and off she went trying to play with him  :-: She is so good with all the visitor cats that i have been thinking of geting her a friend but now am confused.
This little kitten is so helpless i cant just put her in the bathroom or kitchen as soon as i leave the room he start crying. I managed to give him some kitten milk and he went to tray but couldnt do anything so i wiped him with baby wipes and he did a big wee but no poo yet. We are off to the vet in the morning so will get some proper kitten milk powder one and have him dewormed . I didnt know he is not eating kitten food other wise i would have got some milk from the vet.
JS thank you for the advice i just made a hot water bottle wraped in towel and had it in the bed but he wants to sleep next to me :(
Lau i think you are right its the kitten smelling so different from his dead sibbling perhaps, i asked my neighbours if they noticed any one this morning outside my flat but no one has. My neighbour suggested i put notice in our street and ask the person to get in touch with me as its obvious they know me as the lady with cats and if they get in touch offer to help them looking after him if they take the kitten back not sure if its a good idea though.
Thanks every one for your thoughts i am going to try and get few hours sleep now so i can stay up with him down here and let Felicity have the bedroom to her self tonight.
Thank you :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 19:31:35 PM »
Oh pav hun how terrible. Ive had that before now, a kitten left on my doorstep with meat to keep it there :( atleast you are able to help this little one for now. And poor felicity, the kitten must smell so different and if you are upset pav, im sure felicity can sense that. Hope you can get something sorted :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 19:08:18 PM »
Oh Pav! How utterly heartless of someone; allowing their cat to become pregnant, then passing the buck this way when things don't go according to plan.  :hug:

What's your postcode? Message it to me (I probably already have it somewhere from when you've sent things to me, but can't recall where it's been put!) and I'll try and find someone close to you who's able to help.

I'd say he's likely to have worms if he looks bloated or swollen. :( Is there no room you could put the little guy with a radio on quietly for background reassurance noise? Do you have an old fashioned alarm clock and a heat source of some description, like a wheat bag....to in effect simulate a mummy cat to cosy up to?

Felicity....poor girl. No cat likes to feel they're being replaced in their Mum's affections and it sounds like she's reacted as though she thinks that's the case. Instant dislike, because the little lad is demanding your time. Treats and bribery and corruption for the most part keep things vaguely balanced here if a cat is around ours take exception to. :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 18:57:52 PM »
Oh Pav you have my sympathy and thoughts  :hug: :hug:

Have you got a seperate room that you can put the kitten in?

You most need to get Felicity in and to make sure she knows she is loved and that you dont have the smell of the kitten on you.

Can you pm Angie or one of the rescues on here and ask what the kitten should be eating and sounds like she has worms but get some questions written down for the vet tomorrow, its so imortant that you get as much info as possible.

I know you love cats but Felicty must come first  :hug: :hug: :hug:

JS may have some info on how or where to get her rehomed she does lots of stuff on FB

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 17:44:58 PM »
Thanks Dawn the vet said to take him back in tomorrow .
Got Felicity in, saw him sleeping on sofa hissed and left :(
Went and got some Whiskas kitten food incase he doesnt like the posh food :-:
And opened my mail to see email sent from Mayhew this morning saying: DUE to extreme high numbers of Felines being dumped on our door step, temporarily close our cattery to general intakes and asking if any one could foster for them :-: Ok so Mayhew not an obtion .
I just cant understand why Felicity is behaving like this she was fine when ever Bertie visited and he was twice her size why is she scared of this tiny kitten?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 16:25:49 PM »
probably has worms or something poor little thing, i'm sure there is a link on here somewhere about kittens its 20 years since we handreared a three week old

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 16:23:42 PM »
Thank you Dawn, i used to know most of the people who worked in Mayhew and they were always very helpful with strays and taking them in but all the people i know have left mayhew so i dont expect to hear from them today as its not urgent case :-:
I just put him in the tray which he didnt use but he climbed out and started taking dry food from Felicity bowl :shy:He is not eating the kitten one though and his tommy is huge  :-[
I better go and try getting  Felicity in.

Link to CatChat