Author Topic: Poorly sick and would like to ask a favour  (Read 44445 times)

Offline Rebecca

• Adult Cat
    • R M Portraits
Re: Poorly sick and would like to ask a favour
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 15:29:49 PM »
...believe...
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mohandas Gandhi

http://rmportraits.co.uk/

Offline Rebecca

• Adult Cat
    • R M Portraits
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 15:29:16 PM »
Gill

I do...
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 13:39:24 PM »
Come on Yasmin, just a few more posts and you will be with us on the A Team...........try writing one sentence  of your next post on different posts on this thread and then you will be there  :sneaky: :sneaky:

My goodness I didnt say that did I  :innocent: :innocent:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
Not had chance to read your blog yet, Yasmin, but I will later when I'm home and have some time tonight.

I'm sorry to read about your breast cancer. It's a dreadful worry, and having been diagnosed with early cervical cancer at the age of 22, (24 years ago!) I know how that feeling stays with you night and day. I got through mine, as you will get through yours.  :hug: :hug:

I like that you have a sexy side. I think sexy is as sexy does, no matter what a person looks like. Sexy for me is how someone feels, behaves and interacts with others. You don't need a perfect body to be sexy, so please don't let any of your current issues affect the sexy side of your life  :shy: :) Maintaining a focus on your sexyness will help you to remain positive and confident in the coming months.

Please do stay with us on Purrs, we all admire your art hugely and will do whatever we can to keep your spirits up.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
sorry to hear about your diagnosis, you do have a very positive attitude though which must help I'm sure - I think it is wonderful that you do still care about your exterior - never give up on lipstick Yasmin!!!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 08:27:27 AM »
Hi Yasmin

Just seen this thread and have just read your blog.  The wig looks just fabulous.  Well aren't you just the prettiest, most talented (Freddie's portrait  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: ) and courageous of wimmin  :wow: :wow: :wow: 

I'd say luckiest too (your OH  ;) ) but am so very sorry to hear about the breast cancer :(  I had a (thankfully all OK) scare a couple of months back so understand the bruising from the biopsy but, oh dear, my heart goes out to you for the later tests you have had to go through  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Being  a regular contributor to and reader of The A Team (formerly "chemotherapy fears") thread on Purrs helped me enormously to stay positive whilst waiting for the results.  Alison started the thread and led us all through her experience which was a real eye opener helping me realise that the treatment nowadays, whilst very unpleasant at times, is remarkably effective. 

The fact that you are such a fit and healthy person with a zest for life and you have a fabulous rock for another half is going to help you enormously I'm sure  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rosella
xxx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 06:57:26 AM »

Blimey Yasmin - you're 51 next month!!    You certainly don't look it.   ;D 

(Love Ralph, by the way - he looks like a dog of character  :evillaugh:)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 00:43:21 AM »
Very sorry to hear this Yasmin  :hug: You sound as though you are remaining positive and that is so important, you can and will beat this  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 20:31:24 PM »
Being a cat site Purrs is jammed full of ladies and am sure that all will support you either with thought or with words.  ;D ;D

What ever is important to a person should be respected by others, for goodness sake we were all made different and what a boring world it would be if we were all the same.

I am sure that you will get through all of this just as our wonderful Alison did and think you are around the same age range as she was when diagnosed.

Sue is our wordsworth and says so many good things and sure that loads of ideas are around that may appeal but you being an artist will also have great ideas I am sure  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rebecca

• Adult Cat
    • R M Portraits
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 20:14:18 PM »
Sue,

My surgeon has said because I am very tiny (32A) it would be impossible to reconstruct so small, so I'll have to be bigger and obviously (I assume) he will make the good one match. So, 32B or maybe even C here I come. I shall have to learn to balance all over again! I wonder how Katie Price adjusts.

I'm in the low end of the lowest risk group for this, the only risk being my age, 51 next month. But I guess the risk is never zero.

Yasmin x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 20:07:29 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with breast cancer  :hug:  Good luck with your treatment  :hug:  You will find plenty of support on here and you can rant as much as you like.  I think anyone in your situation would be worried about how it affects their looks - when you're feeling down (physically or emotionally) making yourself look nice can really lift your spirits so it's crazy to pretend looks don't matter or that you shouldnt think of them at times like this.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 19:46:53 PM »

Just thinking about this logically too, with regard to your saucy modelling  :naughty: with clever photography, there should be absolutely no bar to your continuing to work.  Angle and lighting can be utilised brilliantly - you'll know that anyway as an artist, so am probably teaching me grannie how to suck a particular egg - and an artfully draped anything (scarf, muslin fichu, cat, dog, reader's digest - you know the thing) will be just perfect!

We should start putting ideas into your head now, if you ask me.   :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 19:41:57 PM »

Yasmin - hah - I'm sorry - but people have really criticised you for expressing concern about something so fundamental as how you feel about your looks?!!!   How callous.  >:(

How  :censored: unfeeling and insensitive - in fact how utterly priggish!!   Everyone has different concerns and worries in situations like this and no-one - absolutely no-one  - has the right to sit in judgment of you, however mild or well meaning. 

Don't you dare feel you can't express that sort of thing.   :hug: :hug:

Like I said initially - you are so pretty, and I can well imagine you have a loyal fanbase for your modelling.  I think you should still be able to carry on with that after everything settles down.  Reconstructive surgery now is excellent - so much better than it was.  And look at Katie Price - she's had them bigger, smaller, bigger again, smaller again - she's lost nothing by it in terms of supporters. 

If people are critical about you - whether by so much as a centimetre or a millimetre - it tells you more about them and their own insecurities than it does about yours, treasure.  For sure!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rebecca

• Adult Cat
    • R M Portraits
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 19:36:21 PM »
Yes, Gill, I drew Freddie; he was a lovely cat...and Sue, yes, that's me!

What I've found quite a bit already is that I often get a little criticised for putting so much emphasis on how my treatment is going to effect my looks and I get emails from other ladies who hear the same. I'm well aware that hairless, and in need of boob work is immeasurably better than the alternative, but while I do indeed draw portraits, I also make a living as a model...a very saucy one!

So having two boobs is rather crucial to my work. Or is it? I have a loyal fanbase who follow me not just for the naughtiness but because they get to discuss literature, philosphy, politics etc with me. So I really want to show that I can still feel and hopefully look attractive and sexy even at a time like this. I'm picking up a lot of lady followers on my model website for this very reason.

I shall read the A-Team thread as soon as I have posted enough to access it!

Thank you, everybody. I'm finding that what's helping the most is having people in my corner.

Yasmin xx

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 19:31:15 PM »

Yasmin, you look fantastic in all the wigs and I expect you are going to look pretty damn gorgeous even if you do have no hair for a while.

I will certainly read your blog and thank you for sharing it with us, you have a very inspiring positive attitude.

All the very very best and take care.

XXX

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 18:21:14 PM »
Here is the link

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,7749.0.html

However you will need to do a   few more posts to access it and when you become a grown up kitten then you are there  ;D

Just keep saying  :welcome: to Purrs on some newbie threads and you will be there before you can blink  ;D

Are you the lady that did Rosellas Freddie?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 18:12:46 PM »

Hello Yasmin.  You're the lady who does the most wonderful animal portraits, yes?   :wow:

Am devastated to learn that you've been diagnosed with breast cancer. :hug:  If I may say so, you're approaching it in a very positive way. 

AND - this has to be one of the most purrfect places to gain followers for your blog (which is wonderful by the way - and you look fabulous in the wig you chose  ;D).   

And our very own Alison (A Team thread - pop by if you can) has undergone breast cancer treatment and come through with great humour and attitude.  She'll be one of the loudest to cheer you on, am sure.   The A Team thread began when Alison too found herself in your position, and in need of a little support and encouragement through the not-so-good times.

She's great is Alison - very positive and very special, and you strike me to be cut from the same cloth - you'll grab this thing by the throat and whup it's bad little ass too.   :sneaky: :hug: :hug:

You don't need to worry about having supporters - we'll be with you for as long as you want us.  :hug:  In fact you may have to take out injunctions!  :evillaugh:

Also wanted to say - gosh - you're so pretty!   :wow:

It's good to try the wig out for a few hours each day until you get used to it.   A friend of mine who had a brain tumour used to use Fabreze to freshen her wig, and it was a doddle to look after - she had a similar style to yours, and it really suited her - again, because it wasn't so dissimilar to her own style and colour.  Definitely ask about reclaiming the vat.   :hug:  That £40 worth is "frivel" money for you to treat yourself to the occasional pamper session or some new make up/clothes - frivolous things to make you smile when you're feeling low or a bit sore.  It's very important that.  So is taking each day one at a time.   :hug:

Ah - I see Gill is on the same wavelength and has already mentioned about Alison's A Team thread.  great minds, and all that  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 18:04:43 PM »
So sorry to hear this  :hug: :hug:

We have a thread called the A-team which is very long but if you go to the very first post you will see why it was created and had a different name  ;)

This is the place where we will support you and help you through this bad time as we did for Alison   :hug:

She like you asked for support and now we are all very good friends some hmmmmmm about 3-4 years on. The thread has moved on too but we can squeeze you in if thats what you would like  :innocent:

Its a great place to be  and will get the link for you  ;D

Offline Rebecca

• Adult Cat
    • R M Portraits
Poorly sick and would like to ask a favour
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 17:13:10 PM »
I've been so busy with modelling that I've not been posting online very much at all, apart from my modelling blog (which is nsfw so no link here) and now my personal one.

But now, I want to ask you all a favour. Please, please follow my http://booksandfoodanddogsandstuff.wordpress.com/ as, having been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I am trying to raise a smile and knowing I have followers is going to help.

Thank you
xx

Link to CatChat