Author Topic: Latest foster cats Perdy - and all  (Read 28544 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Latest foster cats Perdy - and all
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2012, 23:15:33 PM »
She's still with me. Shadow's doing well and her new owner was getting her jabs done ready for her to start going out - not sure if she will still think about taking on Perdy as well.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »
Gillian, any news on Perdy?
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2012, 21:13:19 PM »
Sending positive vibes for both of them.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
Fingers crossed that it all works out with Shadow and if it does that maybe Perdy will get a suitable home too.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2012, 14:48:16 PM »
wow, 20 cats is some achievement!

fingers crossed that perdy will be joining shadow
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2012, 00:02:54 AM »
I hope that Perdy gets a home at Shadows  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2012, 23:33:52 PM »
That's a shame about Perdy's homecheck but you have to go with your gut  :hug: Would be wonderful if Shadow's new Mum succumbed  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2012, 18:16:40 PM »

Meanwhile, If I ever get a space, there's a home here with Chico's name on it too  :innocent:

Might take you up on that Sheila  ;)

Well, Shadow went off to her new home just now. Unfortunately Perdy's home check didnt work out, nice people, but I had concerns about the B road that their garden backs onto - Perdy is very agile and would be up over their garden fence in no time - I didnt feel happy about rehoming her there, so she stays here for the time being. Funnily enough the lady who came for Shadow may possibly also be interested in Perdy - she met Perdy when she came to see Shadow and had wondered, if Perdy's home hadnt worked out, whether she might think about having the both of them  :) but she wants to see how Shadow settles in first before making a decision.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2012, 19:10:02 PM »
After the year you've had, Gillian, I'm amazed you lasted this long!  :hug: :hug:

I hope you are very proud of your achievements, and yourself   ;D 8)

Meanwhile, If I ever get a space, there's a home here with Chico's name on it too  :innocent:

Hope you enjoy getting back to busines as usual. Good luck  :wow:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2012, 19:00:54 PM »
I am sure you need a break and your businees brings in the dosh and has to come first  :hug: :hug:

Maybe one day you will decide its time to start again but until then....................you have done a great job with looking after and homing so many  :hug: :hug:

Can only echo this Gillian, 20 cats - and hard to home ones at that - is something to be proud of  :hug: I hope you will be able to go back to it in the future but like you say, it will be a nice surprise for them if you do rather than the pressure being on you as they expect you to do so  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2012, 16:38:54 PM »
Sad you are stopping and reckon Chico will be with you ummmmmmmmmm even longer  :innocent:

I am sure you need a break and your businees brings in the dosh and has to come first  :hug: :hug:

Maybe one day you will decide its time to start again but until then....................you have done a great job with looking after and homing so many  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2012, 13:26:03 PM »
you probably could do with a rest, never say never but you have had a lot on your plate

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 13:05:49 PM »
Thanks all  :thanks: I am really going to miss these two, they are almost part of the family really, pottering round the garden. They are currently, both laid out on the patio  :Luv: Its bittersweet in a way, as these will be my last foster cats - I won't be taking anymore, although I will continue to foster Chico until such times as he finds a home, as long as that takes really. I need to focus on my business and although I've loved fostering and helping all those cats, its time consuming when I'm trying to run a business and develop it more. So when Perdy and Shadow go - I will have fostered and rehomed 20 cats and kittens in the 2 yrs I've been fostering. Not and easy decision though and there's been a little bit of gentle persuasion to get me to change my mind  ;) maybe to just take a break for a bit and come back to it - but I didnt think it was fair to say I want to stop for a while and leaving the Trust in limbo, wondering if I would come back - so I thought a clean break (ish - apart from Chico of course) would be best.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:50 AM »
That's fabulous news  ;D
I am sure it's hard after so long too, Chico will be hard to part with after all this time , maybe he should just stay for good now  :sneaky:
He is such a handsome boy  :Luv2:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 22:31:09 PM »
This is great news! Well done Gillian! And Perdy & Shadow! Xxxxxxxx
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 22:14:31 PM »
Wow, that's great news - as you say, what a coincidence for them both to find their forever homes.
 :Luv: Chico, what a handsome boy.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
So pleased for Perdy and Shadow Gillian.  Love the pics of Chico and Shadow by the way  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: 

Each time I see a pic of Chico I have a slight intake of breath.  He really is a stunner and can't help but remember his 1st pic which was so upsetting.  Truly amazing turnaround and so hope he finds a forever home altho imagine parting with him will be a very painful affair.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »
That's such great news Gillian  ;D ;D

But  :hug: :hug: to you because I'm sure you're going to miss them.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 00:31:48 AM »
Fantastic news for both girls  :wow:  :wooooo:

Fingers crossed everything goes to plan, I doubt you'll have time to even miss them before the pens are re-filled with the next needy souls :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2012, 23:51:37 PM »
Wonderful news  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2012, 23:07:33 PM »
Gillian this is wonderful news  :wow:

I have to say I admire you, after all this time it must be so hard to wave them goodbye. Maybe, at last, your luck is starting to change?  :dance:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2012, 23:00:37 PM »
Its all happening at once for Perdy and Shadow  :wow: A lady came to see Perdy on Saturday and absolutely loves her, so I'm doing home check on Friday. Another lady came to see Shadow an hour later on Sat, and she wants her, so she's coming to collect her on Friday! So both my girls will be leaving at pretty much the same time - after all that time they've been with me! funny, how its just suddenly happened for both of them.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2012, 00:24:16 AM »
Sorry Gillian, I missed this too  :shy: I normally read by 'recent posts' which only goes back 10 pages so if I miss a day or two on Purrs (although I try not to!) I don't see the posts that aren't in 'recent'.

Needless to say if I had seen it on time I would have sent some healing headkisses for the beautiful Perdy :care: and some :hug: for her wonderful carer  :hug:

Glad to see she has perked up and fingers crossed you pick up on the rehoming front too :crossed:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 15:00:02 PM »
I love Chico, he's my kinda cat  :Luv2: Rough and Tough and just scrummy gorgeous. If only I didn't already have six ruffnecks... (and two dainty lady cats!).

My little FIV boy does roam about the garden, but he's too long in the tooth to be a nuisance to anyone these days. He just potters out for his poo (and a furious dig in the garden) then flakes out on the bench or goes back to bed for the day  :Luv:

Shadow is swoonie  :Luv2: and looks very soft and shiny.

I'm pleased for Perdy but it's still a mystery what caused it  :scared: . I've never heard of Triaditis, off to look it up while things are quiet here.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »
Chico really is adorable isn't he  :Luv: Of course they're all adorable and I wish they could all get their forever homes.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Latest foster cat Perdy - UPDATE, on a drip at vets
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2012, 00:25:12 AM »
Gillian, I have a suggestion...hope you don't mind. Some of the rescues have a kind of Main Post for updates and news which makes it so much easier for the rest of us onlookers to keep abreast of developments. I wonder if you might want to do something similar?

Purrs is vast these days and I often miss posts, which I find a little frustrating, but how many times do you see the phrase "how did I miss this!", often too late to have an effective or useful response  :-[ 

How about starting a single new thread for updates on all your charges, with a few gorgeous Fluffy Persian photos thrown in  :sneaky: :naughty:

Personally I dont like these threads and dont read em, much prefer to have a thread about a cat  cos find that so much easier to follow.............guess we all like different  ;D

me too! I must admit that i prefer a thread per topic , the single threads ramble so that its hard to follow a "story" sometimes.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 23:56:15 PM »
Oh I am pretty mad (I'm also Irish  :naughty:  ) but its ok as long as I take the tablets  ;)  I would love to to foster, but aside from being out 11 hours a day, I just know I would end up keeping them all! Chico certainly looks like a streetwise boy - very handsome in a rugged way! Shadow is just beautiful. Like Carol I too have a soft spot for black cats. My black lady Lilli has an aversion to other black cats however!
Thank you for the details and photos. And I'll investigate the site more tomorrow. X
Bronagh
I'll love you forever

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 23:38:51 PM »
I never tire of seeing the lovely Chico :Luv2: and as everybody knows I'm a sucker for black cats so Shadow hits the mark with me too.
It sounds like all the accommodation is really 5 star at yours Gillian.  I remember when you converted Chico's bacherlor pad.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2012, 23:28:51 PM »
Nice idea Sheila  :) - but we don't have a rescue centre as such - all our cats are fostered either in the fosterer's own home, or in cattery pens in our gardens, spread around North Wiltshire - so I wouldnt have much of a clue whats happening with other fosterers cats, except what I read about them on our website or if I chat to another fosterer on the phone, so wouldnt be much of an update with just my current 3  :)

Lilli (how mad are you? lol!) I foster for Cats Action Trust (N&W Wilts) http://www.catsactiontrust.speedycheetah.com/ - oh, and the cats you see on our website are just the ones ready for homing. We have about 10 fosterers, each of whom will have several other cats in their care being assessed, vet checked, blood tested etc before going up for rehoming.

We have hardly rehomed at all these past few months and our fosterers are always full to capacity, sometimes beyond full! I have often had my double cattery pen full, my grooming room housing 1 cat and my office housing another! My current three, Perdy age 7yrs - been with me since Feb, Shadow age 6yrs - been here since Dec last year, and Chico (FIV+) age (approx) 10yrs - been here for nearly 2 YEARS!! There are threads about all of them here, but here's photos of Chico and Shadow just to remind you  ;) My fosters in my cattery pens are all able to go outside in the garden during the day because I don't like keeping them cooped up inside for months on end. Chico doesnt roam free in the garden but gets to out on a harness, he lives part of the time in my shed, which was hastily converted to a pad with run attached specially for him, and he gets to come in to my office at bedtime.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 23:37:01 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 20:45:38 PM »
Glad Perdy is doing better.      My late seal point Sassie had pancreatis and her brother Oska has triaditis and its a real struggle.      I'm with Gill I never read the main posts for rescues.        I just find them too confusing.
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 20:24:33 PM »
Hi Gillian, I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you foster privately or for an 'organisation'? My  work hours are so long, that it wouldn't be viable for me. But I have the utmost respect for all those who do and I like to offer whatever help I can.  How is Perdy now? My friend nearly lost her kitty to Triaditis in Feb,but MaiTai is now fighting fit again!
B
I'll love you forever

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 13:46:35 PM »
Gillian, I have a suggestion...hope you don't mind. Some of the rescues have a kind of Main Post for updates and news which makes it so much easier for the rest of us onlookers to keep abreast of developments. I wonder if you might want to do something similar?

Purrs is vast these days and I often miss posts, which I find a little frustrating, but how many times do you see the phrase "how did I miss this!", often too late to have an effective or useful response  :-[ 

How about starting a single new thread for updates on all your charges, with a few gorgeous Fluffy Persian photos thrown in  :sneaky: :naughty:

Personally I dont like these threads and dont read em, much prefer to have a thread about a cat  cos find that so much easier to follow.............guess we all like different  ;D

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2012, 10:53:03 AM »
Glad Perdy is doing better, hope she finds a new home soon, she looks beautiful in that 2nd pic you put up!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:53:40 AM by emmmy_lou, Reason: perdy not purdy - doh! »
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »
Gillian, I'm so pleased to hear that Perdy is doing well  :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2012, 00:40:23 AM »
I hope that slowly everything gets back to normal for Perdy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2012, 00:04:16 AM »
did you ever find out what it was?

Not really. She was kept in on a drip overnight and the next day, then they phoned to say she'd started eating again and I brought her home, and she's been eating fine ever since. They didnt want to see her again unless of course she went downhill again. Her poos are still not quite right, but nowhere near as bad as they were and vet did say that might take a while to settle. Pancreatitis is still a possibility as I understand it can come and go.

Thanks to those who have posted  :thanks:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 19:12:04 PM »
Sending all my love and get well thoughts for darlin Perdy hun  and some for you too  :hug: She's in the greatest of hands and care with you.   :hug:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 14:20:43 PM »
Gilian I do try to read and sometimes forget to post :-[  but working full time now and keeping the Clan cats and dogs fed, watered and played with means I start at 5am and go to work at 7am, get home at 6om and then fit all the kids in

I hope Miss Perdey is blooming under the wonderful care you give all your babies  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 14:14:28 PM »
did you ever find out what it was?

Link to CatChat