Author Topic: 2 beautiful tabbies need home, silver female, silver & white male Blackpool (Homed)  (Read 17561 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 ;D That was quick! ;D I've just been to look at the thread and can't stop saying awww  :)  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
for anyone who has been following this thread, here's the update  :Luv:  :Luv2: .....

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,39630.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 ;D Great news and well done !

I can imagine how emotional you must have felt  :hug:

I'll move this to the sorted section now but it would be lovely to receive updates in the Cats Stories section, either from the new owners or yourself   :Luv2:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 14:00:02 PM by Janeyk »

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
UPDATE . Mr And Mrs Beautiful have gone to their new home now  :Luv: I cried like an baby , but i'm really pleased for them  :Luv:

Bye bye Mr and Mrs Beautiful , i love you both very much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
how lovely that you are sending them to such a good home

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Well the new owners have just dropped off the carrier and are going to lunch to give me time to say my goodbyes  :'( :'( 

We arranged it that way as i thought it would be too scary for Mr & Mrs Beuatiful to have us all there ....  :'(

i'm excited for them , the couple seem to be very excited and have bought my beauties loads of things, a carrier, bed, blankets, toys, brushes, food , scratching post ...  :Luv:  :Luv:

I don't think i could have found them anywhere better to go really  :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Good luck for today Mr & Mrs Beautiful  :)

:hug: for you Valerie, in case you need it

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Oh Valerie. They will be the happiest kitties in the whole wide world, no more cages, no more uncertainty just  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Don't feel bad, feel good, you've saved them and there should be no better feeling.

Get a bottle of wine in for Sunday so you can toast their good fortune (and drown your sorrows).

Don't you think this has shown that you have a talent for this? NEXT!   :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Haaaaaaaah !  :naughty:  Actually , i am considering taking some more , there are some more poor babies at my vets again  :(

Thanks for your kind words  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Oh Valerie. They will be the happiest kitties in the whole wide world, no more cages, no more uncertainty just  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Don't feel bad, feel good, you've saved them and there should be no better feeling.

Get a bottle of wine in for Sunday so you can toast their good fortune (and drown your sorrows).

Don't you think this has shown that you have a talent for this? NEXT!   :evillaugh:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
 :( i should be looking to forward to it more ..... :'( :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Is it Sunday yet?  :wow:

:waiting:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Oh brilliant and hope they enjoy their new home  ;D ;D ;D

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
:wooooo:

The good news just keeps on coming  :wow: Think this just about sums it up >>> :yayyy: :chicken: :narna dance: :cheer: :na na naa na: :star1: :yesss: :happy dance:

Am so pleased for them both, massive pat on the back Valerie as without you they'd probably still be stuck in a teeny vet pen  :hug:

Can you make sure Mr & Mrs Beautifuls' new Mum & Dad sign the contract (in blood) to keep you updated and/or join Purrs to let us know how they're getting on

:gold stars: & :hug: for Teresa too for introducing them to you and doing the homecheck  :)

Thanks  :thanks: :thanks: Most credit must go to Teresa really ......Teresa .... :gold stars: :chicken: :yayyy: :chicken:

but i like to think i played a small part  :shy: :shy:

I will most certainly be getting updates  :Luv: :Luv: Cant wait to see pics of them in their new home  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 ;D That's great news, I'll move this when you give me the go-ahead on Sunday. 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
 :wooooo:

The good news just keeps on coming  :wow: Think this just about sums it up >>> :yayyy: :chicken: :narna dance: :cheer: :na na naa na: :star1: :yesss: :happy dance:

Am so pleased for them both, massive pat on the back Valerie as without you they'd probably still be stuck in a teeny vet pen  :hug:

Can you make sure Mr & Mrs Beautifuls' new Mum & Dad sign the contract (in blood) to keep you updated and/or join Purrs to let us know how they're getting on

:gold stars: & :hug: for Teresa too for introducing them to you and doing the homecheck  :)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
You total HERO you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks  :thanks: Such a good feeling  :shy: :shy:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
You total HERO you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Hurrah !!!!!!!!!!!! Mr & Mrs Beautiful had their Felv & FIV tests today and they're negative  :wooooo: :chicken: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :chicken:

So on Sunday, they will go off to live with their new mummy and daddy in Crewe  :)

Thanks to everyone for their support and interest  :Flowers: :Flowers:

I'll miss them but i am pleased  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Absolutely fantastic news  :wow:

Are they booked in for the tests Valerie? Do you know how long the results take to come back?

Questions, questions, questions  :evillaugh:

:naughty: :naughty: I'm going to phone the vet today , thought it best to wait for the result of the home check first .

I'm not sure how long they take , hopefully, not long !! :)

I'll really miss my Mr & Mrs Beautiful !  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Absolutely fantastic news  :wow:

Are they booked in for the tests Valerie? Do you know how long the results take to come back?

Questions, questions, questions  :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :) Lovely news.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
This is all good  ;D ;D

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Home check passed with flying colours !!!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I've had a good cry but i am pleased , i'll just be very sad to see them go , they are wonderful cats  :Luv:

Onto blood tests next ....  :'(

Teresa ..... da best !!!  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Homecheck done this evening and I have pm`d Valerie shame I cant tell you about it thats Valeries job.  ;)

If only my holy terrors had been 4years old  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
That's really good news. Hope the tests go ok.

Do people usually worry about cats having diseases? I must admit it's never something I've thought or asked about when getting cats.

If I'm bringing in strays I will test them for FeLV. The natures of the boys I adopt demands this as they've been in high risk environments. I would suggest anyone adopting ex-strays asks for this test to be done. Some rescues will have their vets test strays routinely when the cat is being neutered, depends on the vet and the cats' risk factors.

Most introductions to homes where cats already reside are made gradually, so there is usually plenty of time to get the test done before they meet face to face.

If the cat being adopted has a vaccination history against FeLV, or has been indoors, I wouldn't bother as the chances are minimal.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 09:22:13 AM by sheilarose »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
That's really good news. Hope the tests go ok.

Do people usually worry about cats having diseases? I must admit it's never something I've thought or asked about when getting cats. 

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
I've ammended the title until we have definite confirmation.

:thanks: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I've ammended the title until we have definite confirmation.

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
:wooooo: That's fantastic news and has made my day  :wow:

I can't believe they took so long to decide though :evillaugh:

At the risk of overusing this icon :crossed: for the homecheck and the bloodtests!

If everything goes according to plan maybe you could slip them the web address of Purrs as it would be lovely to have updates  :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm going to use it too  :crossed:  :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yes, i already have  :) I so hope it goes well !!! :crossed:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :) That's lovely news, fingers crossed all goes to plan.  I'll leave the thread in this section until you confirm their collection.

I can imagine you'll miss them so much when that does happen  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
 :wooooo: That's fantastic news and has made my day  :wow:

I can't believe they took so long to decide though :evillaugh:

At the risk of overusing this icon :crossed: for the homecheck and the bloodtests!

If everything goes according to plan maybe you could slip them the web address of Purrs as it would be lovely to have updates  :)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Oh this is wonderful news, Val. So happy. Well done you!  :dance:

Thanks  :) I cried actually , i'll be sad to see them go  :( :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Oh this is wonderful news, Val. So happy. Well done you!  :dance:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
 :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: Hurrah  , the couple want Mr & Mrs Beautiful !  :Luv2: :Luv2:

next step home check , then the dreaded blood tests  :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Val, we all have everything crossed.  :Luv2:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Gosh they really are serious then  ;D

Do the cats have a vaccination history already? This may help to convince them.

The test they would be wise to ask for is the Feline Leukemia Virus tests (FeLV).

They may also be averse to taking FIV+ cats too.

There is much fear surrounding both these viruses, and you need to know what the differences are, and the reliability of the tests for each, as false positives and negatives are common. FIV is not the death sentence many people believe it to be and ignorance has lead to the unnecessary demise of thousands of beautiful, healthy cats. FeLV however is serious, highly contagious and potentially lethal.

As for them paying for the tests, ask your vet beforehand how much the cost will be. The couple could write a cheque made payable to the vet to cover the fee, perhaps. That way everyone is sticking to the agreement.
In any case, ask your vet for a copy of the results, if they choose not to take them, you will have these for the next potential owner.

The secondary tests take a few days to complete as they are sent to Glasgow for testing. In healthy cats with limited risk (i.e.indoor cats)  this would usually only be required if a positive result is found (that may be a false positive). You will get the results of the primary (ELISA) tests back within 24 hours, as these are usually performed in the vets own premises.

Please check out the Catwork site here for more information. They have been looking after FIV and FeLV cats for years and know the realities of these diseases and the effect bad information out there has had.

http://www.v63.net/catsanctuary/felv.html

no vaccination history , in fact , no history at all unfortunately  :(  Thank you so much for the information , this is what i advised the couple too so i am glad i was correct  ;D

They did make it clear that the they would not want to take them if the tests turned anything up and also , that they would be allowed out so  :crossed: the tests will all be negative  :)

good idea re getting a copy of the results and a cheque sent direct !  :) It has just occured to me though , if the tests show up anything ...... they're not going to want the cats and i suppose they cant be expected to pay for the tests ........ :(   

I didn't really anticipate these problems, just went with my heart when i met these two .

My vet said she will test at cost price , maybe i need to think about saving up and paying for it myself  :) surely they'd be more appealing then ? :shy:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Sounds promising, :crossed: STILL :wish:

Did you get the feeling that they liked each other? How did Mr & Mrs Beautiful interact with them? When will they let you know for definite (pending clear blood test results)?

Sorry for all the Q's but these two have stolen my heart!  :Luv:

Hi  :) I like the questions, it's wonderful that people are so supportive  :)

The husband wanted to  see how Mr Beautiful would react to being picked up , i was not keen but then thought that if Mr Beautiful didn't like it , and it put the couple off , then they are not right for him anyway . The husband picked him up and Mr Beautiful allowed it and seemed to enjoy it  :Luv: :Luv:

After that , he seemed to come out of himself a lot and allowed a lot of fussing that really surprised me  :Luv: :Luv2: I was so proud of how brave he was and i kissed him lots and told him his mummy loves him  :Luv: :Luv:

They will let me know for definite either this evening or tomorrow  :) :)

Mrs Beautiful was very pleased to have more fuss and was purring very loud  :Luv: She didn't come down from her high place though but that is understandable of course  :)

they are beautifully natured cats , so my cup of tea , i love them both  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Teresa at Paws Inn has very generously offered to home check so i will be guided by her (if the couple want them) . If Teresa doesnt think they're suitable , then they will stay here until the right person comes along  :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Gosh they really are serious then  ;D

Do the cats have a vaccination history already? This may help to convince them.

The test they would be wise to ask for is the Feline Leukemia Virus tests (FeLV).

They may also be averse to taking FIV+ cats too.

There is much fear surrounding both these viruses, and you need to know what the differences are, and the reliability of the tests for each, as false positives and negatives are common. FIV is not the death sentence many people believe it to be and ignorance has lead to the unnecessary demise of thousands of beautiful, healthy cats. FeLV however is serious, highly contagious and potentially lethal.

As for them paying for the tests, ask your vet beforehand how much the cost will be. The couple could write a cheque made payable to the vet to cover the fee, perhaps. That way everyone is sticking to the agreement.
In any case, ask your vet for a copy of the results, if they choose not to take them, you will have these for the next potential owner.

The secondary tests take a few days to complete as they are sent to Glasgow for testing. In healthy cats with limited risk (i.e.indoor cats)  this would usually only be required if a positive result is found (that may be a false positive). You will get the results of the primary (ELISA) tests back within 24 hours, as these are usually performed in the vets own premises.

Please check out the Catwork site here for more information. They have been looking after FIV and FeLV cats for years and know the realities of these diseases and the effect bad information out there has had.

http://www.v63.net/catsanctuary/felv.html

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Fingers and paws crossed here, they so deserve a lovely new home together  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Sounds promising, :crossed: STILL :wish:

Did you get the feeling that they liked each other? How did Mr & Mrs Beautiful interact with them? When will they let you know for definite (pending clear blood test results)?

Sorry for all the Q's but these two have stolen my heart!  :Luv:

Link to CatChat