Author Topic: 2 beautiful tabbies need home, silver female, silver & white male Blackpool (Homed)  (Read 17564 times)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Well the couple have been to see Mr and Mrs Beautiful and they seem nice  :)  They are going to have a think about it and get back to me  :Luv:

They are concerned that these two have not been tested for diseases so would want that doing before they will take them . They said they will pay (as there is no fee for the actual adoption itself ) but i'm not entirely sure how that would work ..... i'd take them to the vets and then just trust them to pay me back i suppose  :-:

The between the costs of the tests and what they were expecting to pay for two cats (had they adopted from a rescue) , will be donated to Paws Inn  ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
The lady and her husband are coming to meet Mr & Mrs Beautiful tomorrow  :wow: :wow:

At the risk of repeating myself...

:crossed:

I really hope they like each other  :wish:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
excellent news!!!!!     
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
The lady and her husband are coming to meet Mr & Mrs Beautiful tomorrow  :wow: :wow:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :) Really hope that this works out !
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Do let us know as soon as you hear. I really hope they will make the right choice :crossed:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
:crossed: x 100

Did she say when she was going to let you know by?

Yes , tomorrow  :) :) :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
 :crossed: x 100

Did she say when she was going to let you know by?

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
I've spoken to the lady and she seems very nice and genuine  :) She's going to have a chat with her husband and look at the pics of Mr & Mrs Beautiful  :Luv:

Watch this space ......

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
hoping for some really good news for these two beauties!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Valerie I have pm`d you. Possible home

thank you so much  :hug: :hug: I have phoned the lady but she wasn't in so i have left a message  :) Fingers crossed !!  :) :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Valerie I have pm`d you. Possible home

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
OK, at least now you know not to waste any more time there and can concentrate on new leads, so not the wanted result, but a result all the same.

Now, you're glad you pushed aren't you?

Of course, Teresa is absolutely right, homechecks are imperative and I hadn't realised that folk might take advantage to get "that particular colour" of cat, but now Teresa mentions it, of course they would.

My faith in human nature, however, must remain resolute.

There IS a home out there for Mr and Mrs Beautiful and you will find it, with a little help from your friends...  :grouphug:

:) Yes i am glad i pushed as i was holding onto the hope that she was still considering it . This forum is great , i really like it here !  Thanks everyone  :Flowers:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 13:56:46 PM by Janeyk »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
OK, at least now you know not to waste any more time there and can concentrate on new leads, so not the wanted result, but a result all the same.

Now, you're glad you pushed aren't you?

Of course, Teresa is absolutely right, homechecks are imperative and I hadn't realised that folk might take advantage to get "that particular colour" of cat, but now Teresa mentions it, of course they would.

My faith in human nature, however, must remain resolute.

There IS a home out there for Mr and Mrs Beautiful and you will find it, with a little help from your friends...  :grouphug:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
The lady cannot take them  :( :(

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but please ensure a proper home check is done and vet references taken. Also you need a back up plan if you rehome and things dont work out 200plus miles is a long way.

Rescue forums have become a soft touch for people seeking pretty colours.

Good Luck with findindig these beauties a perfect home.

ahh i never thought of a back up plan  :( But i had thought of home check / reference , i was hoping a kind forum member could home check or i would speak to the vet personally  :)

Don't worry , i won't let them go to just anyone  :) :)  they seem happy enough in my garage ..... well , as happy as you can be in a garage ! They play with their toys every day now too  :Luv: :Luv:

I love them both but especially Mr Beautiful , he's so gentle and soft  :Luv: hides behind his girlfriend a lot  :Luv2: :rofl:  Mrs Beautiful is much more outgoing but seems to like to "protect " him  :Luv: so cute  :Luv:

thanks for your words of caution  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but please ensure a proper home check is done and vet references taken. Also you need a back up plan if you rehome and things dont work out 200plus miles is a long way.

Rescue forums have become a soft touch for people seeking pretty colours.

Good Luck with findindig these beauties a perfect home.

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Push push push. If she really wants them she won't mind the push. If she really doesn't then nothing lost.

Look how Kelly-Joy pushes rescues to the front of every rescue forum in existence (yes, she does, isn't she great?) and she re-homes LOADS - pure brass neck and balls of steel get the results.  :bow:

:naughty: :naughty: Ok , i will do it right away  :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Push push push. If she really wants them she won't mind the push. If she really doesn't then nothing lost.

Look how Kelly-Joy pushes rescues to the front of every rescue forum in existence (yes, she does, isn't she great?) and she re-homes LOADS - pure brass neck and balls of steel get the results.  :bow:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
It just goes to show how hard rehoming is in general as two stunning cats like these would normally be snapped up (not saying it's right,  just that people do go for looks). Did the vets put a poster up of them in the end? Is there a photo on it to lure that forever home in?!

I thought the same , they're so pretty , i was sure they'd find someone very soon  :'( Yes there is a picture up at the vets but i've not had a single call from it  :( I had an enquiry via PetForums late last night (after i posted more pics  :naughty: ) but the lady is 232 miles away . I've asked her if i could arrange transport runs , would she be interested , she's going to think about it .......fingers crossed !!! :) She already has a cat though so isn't sure about introducing another two .

I must try harder ! I'm wondering whether to advertise them on Pets4Homes etc.... :-:  I know a lot of people don't like these sites but surely , there must be some good owners looking on there ?

Where is this prospective owner? We can help out with transport if she's serious.

Post a Transport Needed message and we'll see if we can patch a run together for you.

aww thank you  :hug: The lady said she would think about it but never came back to me . I suspect she wasn't really sure sadly  :(  Maybe if i message back and say i am pretty sure i could arrange a transport run , she may want them ......?   I don't want to appear pushy  :shify:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
It just goes to show how hard rehoming is in general as two stunning cats like these would normally be snapped up (not saying it's right,  just that people do go for looks). Did the vets put a poster up of them in the end? Is there a photo on it to lure that forever home in?!

I thought the same , they're so pretty , i was sure they'd find someone very soon  :'( Yes there is a picture up at the vets but i've not had a single call from it  :( I had an enquiry via PetForums late last night (after i posted more pics  :naughty: ) but the lady is 232 miles away . I've asked her if i could arrange transport runs , would she be interested , she's going to think about it .......fingers crossed !!! :) She already has a cat though so isn't sure about introducing another two .

I must try harder ! I'm wondering whether to advertise them on Pets4Homes etc.... :-:  I know a lot of people don't like these sites but surely , there must be some good owners looking on there ?

Where is this prospective owner? We can help out with transport if she's serious.

Post a Transport Needed message and we'll see if we can patch a run together for you.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Not sure what else you can do for them to get them a home, there just has to be someone out there for them :crossed:

Edit: Have you posted on CatChat forum? I can post for you if you're not registered  :hug:

Ooh would you , that would be great , thank you so much  :hug: :hug: :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Not sure what else you can do for them to get them a home, there just has to be someone out there for them :crossed:

Edit: Have you posted on CatChat forum? I can post for you if you're not registered  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 23:13:45 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
Poor babies, all must be so scary for them....

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Still looking  :( :'(

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
It's good to hear that you have them on waiting lists, as you've found you're quite a way down the lists already the amount of cats needing homes seems to be getting worse  :(

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Do keep trying other rescues Valerie, have you asked to go on any waiting lists?

I contacted about 25 rescues , many said they couldn't help at all and Mr&Mrs are on waiting lists at a few  :) My local rescue said there are 50 cats ahead of mine on the list  :'( :'(  Another local rescue isn't taking anymore at present due to a fire recently  :( and also , my vet doesn't want them to go there so i feel i should respect that anyway .

They're ok in my garage but i'd love them to find a home for Xmas  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Do keep trying other rescues Valerie, have you asked to go on any waiting lists?

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
They really are absolutely stunning :drool; Do you have a local rescue that would pop them on their website as a 'direct rehoming'?

Are you tempted to keep them at all?:naughty:

They are aren't they  :Luv: :Luv: I would love to keep them , but i have 5 already  :evillaugh: A few rescues got back to me and said they can't advertise them on their sites as they aren't tested & vaccinated  :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
They really are absolutely stunning :drool; Do you have a local rescue that would pop them on their website as a 'direct rehoming'?

Are you tempted to keep them at all?:naughty:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Well Mr & Mrs Beautiful are doing well  :Luv: but sadly, iv'e had no interest in them yet  :(  so here are more pictures to tempt you  :naughty:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: Keeping fingers crossed for them Valerie xx

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
hehe , i thought so too  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
I love their joint name, Mr & Mrs Beautiful - most definitely suits them  :)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Hi  :) Just giving this a gentle bump up  :evillaugh: (hope that's ok ! )

Mr and Mrs Beautiful are doing well in my garage  :) Mr Beautiful is still a bit of a scaredy cat and hides behind his pretty girlfriend  :Luv:

I feel so sad for them , with no proper home of their own.  I know there are so many needy souls out there though  :(

I hope to put some more pictures up soon , it's quite hard to get a picture of Mr Beautiful though  :briggin:

Link to CatChat