Author Topic: 2 beautiful tabbies need home, silver female, silver & white male Blackpool (Homed)  (Read 17556 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
They are gorgeous and the silver girl definately looks like she has got some pedigree in her x

Yup I thought that too Sheryl
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi  :) Thanks very much for the advice  :) I have contacted all the rescues and will definitely put a poster up in my vets  :)

I suppose it could be worse, they could be black !  :rofl: :rofl: (personally i LOVE black cats )

Great news, they are so lucky to have you doing your best for them.

I just love black cats too  :Luv2:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
They are gorgeous and the silver girl definately looks like she has got some pedigree in her x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Hi  :) Thanks very much for the advice  :) I have contacted all the rescues and will definitely put a poster up in my vets  :)

I suppose it could be worse, they could be black !  :rofl: :rofl: (personally i LOVE black cats )

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
If you're worrying that them not being at the vets might affect their chances then how about getting the vet to put a notice at reception and/or a poster on the wall in there. This way they will have the bigger living accomodation and more human contact bonus of being looked after by you but still get the exposure from the vets.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi  :) Thanks for your help  :) I have indeed contacted all the local rescues via cat chat  :) I did want to keep them here until they found a home but with hindsight , wonder if they have much more chance of finding a home if they are in a rescue or at least / on their websites  :)

Well, it's hard to say but if you ask to go on a list and ask for a direct homing then at least you're covering all options and it's likelty that it would increase their chances of finding a home.  If they're listed on a rescue's website and if they also have a Cat Chat page it would give them more coverage.  Lots of luck anyway I volunteer for Cat Chat and know how hard rehoming is at the moment.  You never know someone may offer them a home without them being in rescue but the other advantage of a rescue is they will do necessary checks to find them a safe home so do take care with that.  :hug:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Val just a few thoughts to try and get them homed sooner than later, I know you said the rescues are all full, I wonder are there any here you've not tried:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lancs.html

Also if you've not done so already I'd ask to go on a list or ask if they'll do a direct homing i.e. advertise the cats on their website and help you find them a suitable home together, whilst they remain with you if they've no room to take them in right now.

Hi  :) Thanks for your help  :) I have indeed contacted all the local rescues via cat chat  :) I did want to keep them here until they found a home but with hindsight , wonder if they have much more chance of finding a home if they are in a rescue or at least / on their websites  :)

I hope my haste has not reduced their chances , i was just trying to help ......  :(

They're so lovely but of course , all cats are lovely and there are so many needy little souls  :'(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Val just a few thoughts to try and get them homed sooner than later, I know you said the rescues are all full, I wonder are there any here you've not tried:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lancs.html

Also if you've not done so already I'd ask to go on a list or ask if they'll do a direct homing i.e. advertise the cats on their website and help you find them a suitable home together, whilst they remain with you if they've no room to take them in right now.

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Update ..... my vet said she will help with the cost of vaccinations by doing them at cost for the new owner  :)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
They are gorgeous and are they neutered?

The vet said the mail definitely is and presumes the female is too as they came in together  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
They are gorgeous and are they neutered?

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Update .... the cats are not vaccinated that the vet knows of :(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Aren't they beautiful  :Luv: :Luv:

Best of luck for them both  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
They're lovely  :Luv2: Poor babies must be so confused  :( Good on you (and the vets) for taking them in  :hug: Fingers crossed the perfect home is just around the corner  :)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Hi  :shy:

I went to take two of my cats to the vets today for their boosters and prescription checks and was told about two cats that had been abandoned there at the vets  :censored:

All the local rescues are full so rather than them stay in a vet cage , i offered them my garage. Not ideal but better than a tiny pen for sure ....i hope !  :-:

Anyway , i don't know much about these two as yet , just that they are approximately 4 years old , one male , one female. :Luv:

The female is a silver tabby and the male is silver with white chest . They are both stunning  :Luv:

My observations so far and that of the vets is that the male is very shy and relies on his friend   :hug:

They are both very gentle and accept a fuss  The female is a lot more outgoing but still , for now, quite shy.

I don't think these two would be suitable for homes with young children as they are too timid .

I do not know if they would be ok with other animals .

If you can offer these two a home, that would be super As you can see, they are both very beautiful and will make wonderful companions  ;D

I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance to help get these beauties into their forever home  ;D

A home check or vet reference would be required.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 14:00:41 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat