Author Topic: Pregnant young cat needs someone to help it (Sorted)  (Read 20550 times)

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gizmo
Re: Pregnant young cat needs someone to help it
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 18:41:03 PM »
If you cornered her and kept her in, then sooner or later she'll be desperate to get out to get back to the kittens, which is when you could follow her.  If she's none too fussed, then I would assume those kittens are no more.  Doesn't sound like her owners will be looking after them.

Very true. I only have three days to get this all sorted now though :/

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: skittycat
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 18:21:29 PM »
If you cornered her and kept her in, then sooner or later she'll be desperate to get out to get back to the kittens, which is when you could follow her.  If she's none too fussed, then I would assume those kittens are no more.  Doesn't sound like her owners will be looking after them.

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 18:16:08 PM »
How about following the cat ..... from what you said before, they wouldn't have let her have the kittens indoor, so if they are outside somewhere mum should lead you to her babies.

Do you know who is feeding her ?

Yeh... me! I know its bad, but before she was pregnant she was a waif of a kitty. Now theres no kittens in her, you can see her little ribs :( I could follow her, but she gets so excited everytime I open the door that she just stays around. She won't walk off unless I close the door on her.

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 18:08:48 PM »
How about following the cat ..... from what you said before, they wouldn't have let her have the kittens indoor, so if they are outside somewhere mum should lead you to her babies.

Do you know who is feeding her ?

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 18:06:28 PM »
Right, sorry for the ramble below where I repeat the word "again", being stuck in the house over the last 3 days has driven me slightly insane.

I'll get her to come over to me tomorrow, and take her over. I'll just innocently say, "Ohhh, wasn't she pregnant, has she had the kittens?"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 18:01:29 PM »
Yes I think going round there is the best idea,,,,,,,,,,,,and if no info is forthcoming ask point blank what happened to the kittens.

Good luck  :hug:

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 17:59:19 PM »
Arghh...what do I do? I could pop round to the house again and say that she's coming in the house again. And then I might be able to get some info?

From what I can see there's nothing in the garden.

What shall I do now?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 17:56:01 PM »
no poppycat you are right taking mum on her own isn't really and option, seems given that mlm is moving this week the situation isn't going to be easily resolved

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 17:52:57 PM »
Hi mlm

Just got your message - will text you, but thought would be good to keep the discussion public in light of latest developments and get others, more experienced input.

Everyone - what on earth do we do now ????? !!!!!     If we find these kittens I can come and get them all, but I can't take mum without knowing definitely if there's a hidden litter somewhere. 

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 17:19:44 PM »
Possibly - I'll check the garden in a min. The odd thing is that she didnt look ready to pop and as far as i can tell she's not leaking milk or anything.

Jesus...if she's had them in the house (unlikely because they are uncaring  :censored:) then they have let her out just to roam??! She could get pregnant again!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 17:08:27 PM »
She may be feeding them somewhere she has hidden them or could they be in the house?

She will need loads of food id she is feeding them

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 17:06:25 PM »
Oh my god....I haven't seen her in a few days cus I've been in bed. Errrmm....

She's not pregnant anymore!!!!

She's completely slimmed down, but her teats are still up. Im confused. She was HUGE on wednesday. Theres no shaven patch for surgery, so no abortion....

So it looks like she's had them, and abandoned them because she wasnt allowed to nest????

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 17:05:03 PM »
Not good timing and hope you are feeling much better now  :hug: :hug:

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 16:42:27 PM »
Hi ladies - so so sorry I havent been on here. Been horredously ill the last few days :( poppycat - will contact you now. x

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 21:14:28 PM »
Hi mlm

Pls update us on the pregnant cat.  I'm still happy to have her.  Bit concerned about her as I know you're moving soon.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 22:28:31 PM by poppycat »

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 21:21:34 PM »
I can come and collect her at any time - only about 1 hour away and am currently home all day.

I just want to be certain that she's definitely unwanted by her owners as I would hate for the cat to be taken away from her home and people she's attached to.

MLM could you get in touch please.

OOOO that's wonderful Poppycat - I hope MLM contacts you tonight. all bits crossed here.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 13:30:23 PM »
I can come and collect her at any time - only about 1 hour away and am currently home all day.

I just want to be certain that she's definitely unwanted by her owners as I would hate for the cat to be taken away from her home and people she's attached to.

MLM could you get in touch please.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
From everything we have been told by mlm, this cat needs to be disappered asap now.

its not legal but as RSPCA will not help and the family are deliberately locking the cat out because they have not neutered, she is about to have kittens and they dont want her having them in the house, there does not seem any alternative.

They lock her out all day.........night?.............and am sure she could be a rta waiting to happen  ;) ;)

Please contact mlm because she is the key to saving this cat as it comes to her for food.

If you would be taking her completely out of the area this would be very good but Mlm is moving next week I believe.

Poppycat I am so sorry for your loss but if you could help this little cat it would be wonderful.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sure our rescue members like Angie, Lesley etc will give advise about kittening .

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »
Hi poppycat,you sound perfect to have this poor little cat,i was just going to ask where she is,then read she's in Southampton. WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THEIR CATS NEUTERED/SPAYED? >:(

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »
I can take her in.  She looks just like my cat who I had to have PTS last week. 

I can come and pick her up.  Had just registered with Battersea to become a fosterer, but they don't actually have any cats that need fostering. So rattling around here with fully equipped cat hotel facilities but no cat !

Have never done any rescue or re-homing, so need a bit of advice about the legalities of 'taking' someone's cat. 

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 19:12:47 PM »
Sorry guys - Im in Southampton. x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 19:09:59 PM »
Please can you contact mlm urgently, cos dont know where this cat is.

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 19:08:05 PM »
If she is in the north east we would take her in i have the room till she can be rehomed

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 19:00:25 PM »
This needs to move into Cats needing homes urgent and have scanned the thread and cant see what area you are in and it needs to go in the title.

I will retitle this and move it but you need to add into the new title the area on the first and last post.

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
Re: Need some advice please - hope this is in the right section!
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 17:41:12 PM »
We're moving into a smaller place next week, with no spare room :( I really have no clue what to do now.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 05:18:33 AM »
 :'( I can't promise it will work but I'd report that comment to the RSPCA in writing (e-mail so there is a paper trail and cannot pretend it never happened) especially now you know for sure she is pregnant. Owners are supposed to provide suitable shelter under the five freedoms. Otherwise catnap her before she drops the kittens, do you have a spare room?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:22:02 AM by Fire Fox »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 23:16:38 PM »
This is so sad and she needs to be taken in by someone who cares.

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 21:48:53 PM »
UPDATE-

Went to the owners last time she came into the house....it was a young boy, and when I told him she's always coming into the flat and she shouldn't be outside, he confirmed she was pregnant and, I quote, "we cant keep her inside because if she has them upstairs its going to be a problem"

HOW ABOUT YOU NEUTER YOUR PET BEFORE LETTING HER OUTSIDE THEN?????

Makes me so angry, so....what shall I do now? We move next week....

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »
I think the best thing would be to have a chat with the owners.  As you're moving, you don't need to worry too much about getting on the wrong side of them.  You could always play it innocent and approach it as though you letting them know that she had got out and you are worried with her being pregnant and everything and are concerned that she might have her kittens outdoors (I dont' know whether she is pregnant but mentioning that to the owners might clarify).  Their response should tell you a lot about whether or not they care.  If they don't seem to care or act like you are sticking your nose in where it's not wanted, then you will have to decide whether you can do anything for her (like offering to take her in) or whether you are going to have to just trust that they will take care of her.

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 22:45:18 PM »
I think it's brilliant that you care but re-reading this thread TBH I am totally confused.  :shy: In the first post you ask if there can be a home visit, but later reveal this has already happened. You also say the cat is skinny but your pictures suggest a healthy cat. You say the neighbours don't care but admit you don't know them. Some people are ill informed or just not the brightest sparks, they honestly believe queens should be allowed to have a litter before spaying and that domestic felines are semi-wild creatures needing to be outdoors. Your neighbours may need the obvious pointing out or they may have already taken their cat for a pre-natal check up. Sorry if that sounds rude it is not meant to be, I am genuinely confused. :hug:

Sorrrry, I'll explain. When she was younger she was let out (about 8 weeks old) we took her in and called RSPCA, she then turns up again about a week later with a collar on. So we assume there was a home visit...or they just saw the lost posters and went and got her. I just want the RSPCA to go around and check that she isnt being further abused or anything. She's very very tiny, and is quite boney when you pick her up. Yeh I was wondering about just going over there and having a chat with them. The only other thing that worries me, is they have 4 cats at the start of the year, and this one is the last left :/

We really arent on a safe road, its REALLY busy and theres a lot of drunken students about at night (thank god im moving soon!!) Hope that clears things up?

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 22:37:21 PM »
I think it's brilliant that you care but re-reading this thread TBH I am totally confused.  :shy: In the first post you ask if there can be a home visit, but later reveal this has already happened. You also say the cat is skinny but your pictures suggest a healthy cat. You say the neighbours don't care but admit you don't know them. Some people are ill informed or just not the brightest sparks, they honestly believe queens should be allowed to have a litter before spaying and that domestic felines are semi-wild creatures needing to be outdoors. Your neighbours may need the obvious pointing out or they may have already taken their cat for a pre-natal check up. Sorry if that sounds rude it is not meant to be, I am genuinely confused. :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 21:15:22 PM »
She may be but Misa and Sasa look like that all the time.........sigh

I think the point here is, if she is what are you going to do?

Cry! I don't know...I need to decide soon. I called the RSPCA but they dont care. They said as she looks fine/healthy and shes not got ay physical cuts/illnesses theres nothing they can do. When I asked their advice they said "leave her, if she can't carry a litter then the owners will soon know." Nice huh?!

I want to take her to the vets to get her checkedd out, but i dont have the money for that :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 19:42:38 PM »
She may be but Misa and Sasa look like that all the time.........sigh

I think the point here is, if she is what are you going to do?

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 17:42:40 PM »
Right, what do you guys think? Have lots more photos too :)

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 17:54:13 PM »
Will do when she next comes to visit :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 23:21:34 PM »
She is gorgeous but need to see a tummy shot to guess if she is pregnant  :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 17:09:27 PM »
she is lovely :)

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 17:03:59 PM »
Here she is!

Yeh maybe, but I know what the RSPCA are like, because she has a family that feed her...and dont beat her or anything they will say "there's not much we can do"

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 18:43:54 PM »
Well she only has a collar as we already reported them to the RSPCA, and they went over for a house visit, this was months ago when she was first let out. She was a tiny little thing, so could have only been about 8 weeks.

Shall a take a picture and see if you guys think she might be pregnant? I wish she could come with me but I don't think Gizmo would be too happy with me!

If the RSPCA has a history with this family, can't they be informed the situation has deteriorated?
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 12:31:32 PM »
I said that about my first cat, Millie is very very tempremental and hates other cats so was really worried when i had my second kitty that was 3 years ago and i now have 6 little furr balls  :Crazy:
So if you were really thinking about taking her in i'm sure yours would be fine and might even enjoy the company too  :briggin:
I think we would love to see a pic wouldn't we guys  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat