Author Topic: Pregnant young cat needs someone to help it (Sorted)  (Read 20430 times)

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gizmo
Re: Need some advice please - hope this is in the right section!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »
Well she only has a collar as we already reported them to the RSPCA, and they went over for a house visit, this was months ago when she was first let out. She was a tiny little thing, so could have only been about 8 weeks.

Shall a take a picture and see if you guys think she might be pregnant? I wish she could come with me but I don't think Gizmo would be too happy with me!

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »
To let a kitten out from 8 weeks old i wouldn't have thought they'll be very caring owners and to let her get pregnant the poor mite.When my neighbours had their latest females ( 3rd set of Kitty's due to not looking after the others and them running off/ rta ) they some how disappeared to a very very caring home  :shify: would this not be a good idea for this little mite before she has her babies ???

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 22:17:05 PM »
Sounds like your visitor might be pregnant - if she is not spayed this is very likely. Some vets will do a pregnant spay depending how advanced the pregnancy is, might sound horrible but apparently sometimes this is necessary because the mum is too small to safely carry and deliver a litter.  :( Also some Cats Protection branches offer vouchers to help towards neutering, not sure if the PDSA also help with this but sure someone who is involved in rescue will confirm. If she is pregnant and needs veterinary help with the delivery this can be very expensive.

As she has a collar is it possible her owners do care, but just don't realise what the responsibility of a young cat entails? I used to feed a neighbour's young cat which was pregnant and ravenous. They were the most lovely family so I honestly believe they were unaware that she needed so much extra food, and the risks and potential costs involved in letting a youngster breed.  :shy: Perhaps your neighbour would appreciate your concern and support? If you move in five weeks you don't have to worry so much about the owners getting the hump!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 21:32:36 PM »
No I don't know them at all, I only know they are the ones that own it because she has a tag on with her name/their details. I don't think they even know she pregnant, I mean, I'm not 100% sure. But her teets are quite big and her belly looks rounder.

It's really hard, we move in 5 weeks!

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 19:11:16 PM »
Oh it's a hard one is that and i'm sure that many of us have been in this position!

If you actually know the neighbours at all I might actually go round and just be very polite and just say that she's a lovely cat, always round at your house and ask if they mind you feeding her. I find that many people actually once asked say that they're not that bothered and offer them to you! If they don't seem too bothered I would probably say that you could offer to take her in for a short time and re-home her?

If they allow you to do this, then the first stop would be to get her to the vets to be spayed. You can then looking into re-homing her.

Of course if they say that the cat is fine and that they are looking after her etc then you have to either leave them to it or take the cat to the vets anyway  :evillaugh: but that's just me lol!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 17:27:01 PM »
Thank you :)

I would love to have her, but we already have a kitty and one who is very protective over us and definatley best kept as a sole cat! I mean, I could take her for a little while. But I'm just not sure what to do, leave her or try and do something about it? She's so lovely, always looking for us when we are outside in the garden. x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 17:15:54 PM »
Hi and   :welcome:  to the forum.

Thank you so much for caring for this puss cat, I am not sure under the circumstances that there would be much that a rescue could do but I hope that somebody from a rescue will come along and advise.

If you say the owners do not care about the cat – would it be possible for you to take her in?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline mlm

• Adult Cat
Pregnant young cat needs someone to help it (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 17:05:41 PM »
Hi, need some advice. There's a neighbouring kitten, about 6-8months old, and she's not very well looked after. She's quite thin, and they let her out sice she was about 8 weeks old. She's always outside, we think she might be pregnant too. What do we do? Technically she has owners, but they don't care about her. Can we report the owners and get them to have a house visit?  :thanks:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 21:49:50 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat