Author Topic: Helppppppppp Have a huge little problem  (Read 17440 times)

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Re: Helppppppppp Have a huge little problem
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 21:52:16 PM »
Where I live there are very few houses and none have cats, I am going to put a notice in my car window and also in shop tomorrow  but nowhere to ask.............there have been no pawprints in the snow and reckon she has been dumped or allowed to escape from a car.

Good idea Gill - Especially if she could have travelled in one of the cars going to the school? Hopefully not dumped or could be No.5 for you. ;)

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 21:51:14 PM »
I'd stop with the cows milk personally. He/she doesn't need it and it will likely cause an upset tum  :sick:

Where are the pics so I can drool?  :)
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 21:45:09 PM »
Sounds like your doing all the right stuff Gill, just keep an eye on her tummy with the milk and if anything just give water. Thing is she will just be glad to have something, anything!!

Does sound very like she could be dumped. A notice in the shop and your car sound like a plan, also the vets and then have a look at the lost and found tips on here cos there are lots of websites listed. Also the local newspaper like someone else said. Lamposts, phone boxes, community notice boards...places where people will see. I hope you have some plastic wallets and sticky tape.

Kittens are pretty savvy so don't worry too much about a room being kitten proof...my two are in the shed which isn't empty but I have put away any sharp things but there is still stuff they can knock over or chew but they are not stupid and don't put themselves in any danger. When I had Soap as a kitten in Jan she just stayed in the spare room, I didn't do anything special in there and she was fine too *hug*

Sounds like you might have number 5 lol!!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 21:42:42 PM »
Cow's milk may give him/her the squits :sick: Maybe a bowl of water? will be getting moisture from the wet food as well.
If no joy tomorrow and you want to register found - there are
- local rescues  - http://www.catchat.org/adoption/walessw.html (hope the right part of wales)
- local vets
- National sites you can register on - there are a few but the most popular seem to be:
          http://www.nationalpetregister.org/
          http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/
          Catchat
          Purrs
 There are others if you want them.
Also see if you can get someone to scan the cat for a microchip? And finally the found tips from Purrs: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31636.msg568454.html#msg568454
Hope this helps  :hug:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 22:39:12 PM by Edd »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 21:41:19 PM »
Personally I would skip the milk in case it gives her the runs. I would mash a bit of warm water into it.

Good that she found a cat lovers house  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 21:30:48 PM »
She is just tucking into the other half of a mashed felix pouch and she has to have cows milk cos its all I have.

I dont have any room that the other 4 dont used but have her in the front room with me..............trouble is no room is geared to a kitten and noway of being able to make them kitten proof.

misaa is getting upset that the door is closed and it wont be long until Franta and Ducha are howling outside the door.

Pussy is now drinking second bowl of warm milk and water, she has already had hald a tin of solitaire tuna and shrimp and then had a sleep.

She doesnt understand toys.

I have a litter tray in here for her and reckon she is well old enough to be weaned, best guess is 3-6 months

She has a very long body for her height and has fabulous eye liner

Where I live there are very few houses and none have cats, I am going to put a notice in my car window and also in shop tomorrow  but nowhere to ask.............there have been no pawprints in the snow and reckon she has been dumped or allowed to escape from a car. I will take her to the vets tomorow to see if she has a chip, thats weather allowing but she flipped when I tried to put her in a carrier.

She is very friendly and relaxed and just cant help herself paddling and suckling.

Where can I post her found?

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 21:20:37 PM »
Gill some pedigree cats can take upto 3 months to be fully weaned although with the general moggy it is generally between 6-8 weeks.

If you could put is seperate from the others and follow the previous advice given.  Also you could advertise it in the local paper as I know ours advertise found items and animals free, so another possibility there.

Have any neighbours moved recently, but is also surprising how many are dumped around this time of year when they either won't leave xmas trees alone or to make way for a new pet.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 21:04:31 PM »
When Chelsea had her kittens ( a long time ago now) they were fully weaned by 6 weeks. I know that kittens under 3 months need regular small meals up to say 4 times a day. I used to make a mushy concoction for the kittens at the beginning.

As Steff has said perhaps keep him/her in a small separate room with food and water and a litter tray away from the food.  And perhaps a cardboard box with a blanket that he/she can sleep in. Then tomorrow you can make some enquiries.

Good luck Gill and hopefully someone with up to date experience of kittens can advise you further  :hug:

PS just seen the pictures looks a bit maine coon or a cross. Have you tried it with some cat food maybe a bit of pate food (if you have some of course).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 21:09:30 PM by Edd, Reason: to add ps »

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 20:49:13 PM »
I think kittens are normally weaned between 6 and 8 weeks. The shed babies were about 8 weeks ish when I got them and were eating wet food and biscuits mixed. I'm guessing you gave the little one cat milk not cows? Have you got anywhere you can keep him/her separate with some food, water and litter tray until tomorrow when you can maybe make some enquiries in to who owns this little one and why it was out!

In the meantime can you start posting info on lost and found websites?
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Helppppppppp Have a huge little problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 20:15:01 PM »
Came back from shops and as I opened the front door and a very young cat walked in...am older kirtten I think.

Went down to a neighbour who as a cat cos thought it maybe hers abut they have lost there cat to an RTA a month ago and now have a puppy!

It was her who brought this kitten down ande dumped it on my door step!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So need advice cos weather is well under -2 here and this kitten is not a feral and very friendly.

It had ice blocks in its tail and was very hungry and also thirsty for milk.

All it wants to do is nead and suckle, I dont know what age kittens are fully weaned.

Pussys head fits in the palm of my hand, dont know if its male or female but suspect female.

Just no clue what to do with it, have taken some bad pics and will post up shortly.

I couldnt get any that gave an idea of its size but its a mackeral Tabby with very oriental eyes, head seems to be longhaired but body not, tail is fluffy plumed type.

Link to CatChat