Author Topic: Electronic litterboxes!  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Electronic litterboxes!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 19:28:39 PM »
aha, knew there was a catch  :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline DonI

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 16:44:56 PM »
The litter is a special kind as it has to be washed. This is supplied with it as is the special solution; each pack lasts for 120 cycles. You cannot use normal litter with this, it must be the special type that comes with the machine. But as you don't have to keep replacing it all the time, this makes it cheaper in the long run. :)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 16:09:17 PM »
sounds amazing  :wow: but do you have to use a certain type of litter for getting rid of wee wee ??
Litter I used to use was the clumping kind, cant imagine how it could shift something that has basically
turned into a rock  :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline DonI

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 14:08:51 PM »
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I just bought one of these for my two girls back home in the UK five weeks ago. 270 big ones, plus I had to have an electrical socket installed in the downstairs toilet and also have it plumbed into the main waste pipe there.

it works a treat, no problems getting them to use it, although it was viewed with deep suspicion by them both. I introduced it after they came back from the cattery, so they were in a changeable state of mind. After encouraging them into it ( I bought the Tuxedo version(Posh!), they seemed to get the idea. Now both love it as they like to have fresh litter under their bottoms when carrying out their personal ablutions. It copes with two cats, although I have only used it on manual, not the automatic setting. There are sensors inside, that detect when it is occupied and will not activate the cleaning cycle.

The only thing is, the cleaning cycle takes about 25 minutes to complete. We did have an initial problem. The plumber had installed a non-return valve on the waste pipe, that got blocked, but after removing the innards of the valve, it now works great. It slices, it dices, it flushes, it sanaitises, it deoderises, it even heats up and dries the litter off after cleaning.

Now my official position in the family organisational chart of 'cat S**T shoveller' has been abolished. I am redundant.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 21:52:09 PM »
I like the thought of these as it means their trays would be clean after every use but i don't think they'd use it. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 17:35:46 PM »
Thee is also the issue of environmentalists blaming cat poo being flushed on destroying a lot of aquatic life.

thats bloomin stupid if you think about it  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kucinta

• Adult Cat
  • Milo & Remy
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 17:18:36 PM »
I'm not normally a gadgety sort of person, but I would love to let my boys test drive the litter robot - wouldn't want to spend out all that dosh unless I was sure they'd take to it, and there were no snags form my pov either.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »
I flush from the litter tray upstairs but bin the downstairs one  :naughty:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »
Thee is also the issue of environmentalists blaming cat poo being flushed on destroying a lot of aquatic life.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Bothered by litter tray odour? My answer clean the tray more  :tired: cant see any of my lot going near that contraption  :scared:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 12:45:54 PM »
My cats are just going to have to suffer with their regular litter box  :faint:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline alenax

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 00:01:57 AM »
I don't reckon the Littermaid - but the one that Marks talking about, the Cat Genie,  I love the sound of! I read about it a while back and its available in the UK now! http://www.catgenie.co.uk/

Wow, that looks crazy, really high-tech! I'd love one but to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be able to afford it and I'm not sure I'd get it for that price even if I could. I have a bit of a thing about not pampering cats TOO much. Would just have to think about what I hate more - spoilt cats or cleaning out litter boxes!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 23:09:51 PM »
I don't reckon the Littermaid - but the one that Marks talking about, the Cat Genie,  I love the sound of! I read about it a while back and its available in the UK now! http://www.catgenie.co.uk/

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 23:00:23 PM »
They seem great in theory but wait until a cat has a runny bum  :tired:

There is an even more sophisticated version that runs on the mains water/sewage and has re-usable litter which is washed between uses. 
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alenax

• Adult Cat
Electronic litterboxes!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 22:49:20 PM »
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I was really amazed at the fact that these exist.

http://litterboxesandmore.com/automatic_litter_boxes.html

They seem to only be available in the US but wow, seems a little outlandish at first but when I thought about the ease of cleaning them out/less smell etc, I started to really want one. They seem to be really expensive though.

Has anyone got one/heard of one?

Link to CatChat