Author Topic: looking to home either a single Bengal or 2 used to each other (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 8225 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Presumably this is sorted now so will move and lock   :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Desperately looking to home either a single Bengal or 2 used to each other
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 16:36:32 PM »
P1NAR hasn't posted for 2 weeks so maybe better to PM them.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 15:19:28 PM »
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,19339.0.html

I know he's quite a long way out but he is an absolute dreamboat and very much a cat in need!  :Luv2:

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 14:29:37 PM »
www.bengalcat.org.uk Have you tried the rescue page on this site they sometimes have pairs of bengals needing new homes.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 23:40:35 PM »
Love meeeeeeeeeee- I'm adorable!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I'm half tempted to pass his details on to my dad as he and mizzy could do with a shake up-he lives 1/2 hour down the road from Braintree....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooo hard to resist!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
So much pleading in those eyes  ;D

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Oh he is adorable!!!!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
poor baby

Offline appledoogie

• Kitten
Hi,

Have you managed to find a Bengal or two?

The reason I am enquiring is because I am a volunteer for the RSPCA in Braintree Essex and have a Bengal Xcase male available now for homing who has been neglected physically. He was suffering from a perforated ear drum and infection leading to him mutilating his outer ear. Due to this his outer ear has been removed, looks really cute now! He needs a stimulating home and lots of love all to himself. Likes dogs. Good with children depending on age. If you are interested please contact me at gloriaapplin@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks

Tracy

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Good luck with your search, but I would recommend trying to keep future Bengals indoors to avoid them being stolen like Nala - you could look into cat proofing or a run to give them safe access to the outside.
Please spay your cat

Offline P1NAR

• Kitten
Hi there Sharon.... Thanks so much for your message...

I had been on cat chat a few time but unfortunately none of them suit my needs so far. Fred and Max are unfortunately not suited to children as young as mine and are recommended for families with older teenagers and lots of rural space. Others are recommended as house cats when I would definitely like an outdoor cat.

Please keep an eye out for me for others. Its funny cause reading through the Bengal rescues website re their personalities has reminded of Nala's quirky ways.. I have video's of her playing with my son as a toddler in the most passionate way bounding in all directions with claws out pouncing on anything he moved for her to pounce!! She would land hundred of times within centimeters of him, but never ever even coming close to scratching him... Yet if I played madly with her and wound her up I would get perfect pin pricks all over my wrists and hands at her drop and ninja moves!

As for the 2 brothers Jack they are 6 yrs old and also not too keen on toddlers... I don't imagine it would be too hard to introduce a younger cat into childrens lives, but its also not worth passing older cats pillar to post trying to integrate them into something that might not work out if already showing signs of not liking young children!

Thank you though and still please send me any links of others.

Pinar

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,18116.0.html

These two handsome boys were needing somewhere to live - obviously their current owners would want to check on housing etc before rehoming them.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Have you tried Bengal Rescue listings on Catchat.?

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/pedigree.html

Bengals seem to end up in rescue more then any other breed i know, i know of at least 10 in the Kent area this year that have had to be rehomed...

If transport isnt a problem then you can widen your search, if you are looking for a really, really good cause though you should perhaps consider these two poor mites who for some reason or another have been in rescue for months and months for no apparent reason.. They are in Reading so not that far from you!

Check them out, Fred and Max
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/pedigree.html
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline P1NAR

• Kitten
I live in Surrey and used to be the very proud owner of Nala a F7 blue eyed snow spotted Bengal. She was the love of my life after my 2 sons. In the beginning she was very hard work until after a year of trying to keep her as a house cat I let her free. From then on we never had an issue and she was the most wonderful pet I ever had the privilege to Love.
Unfortunately she was a little complacent and got herself stolen at the age of 5 and I have never heard a thing about her ever since. We have since moved house and I feel ready to take on another Bengal as they are my favourite breed. I know lots of people buy them not knowing the attention they need as they are slightly higher maintenance than most other breeds.
My house has always somebody in it to keep a new cat company with lots of room to run around in. I would be happy to let him/her be an outside cat as i now live in a lovely area with a very quiet residential road nearby and no busy main roads. We also have a big garden surrounded by many more gardens and no access to roads.
I would be so happy to take on a male or female upto around 18 months old, though would consider an older cat if it had lived happily amongst children and family life. I have no preference on spotted or marbled or colour. I just want to be able home another Bengal and have it as my constant companion and beloved pet.
I would be happy for a home visit and for the previous owner to drop by and check on him/her to ensure happiness of the Bengal.
If anyone has one they are not coping so well with please contact me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 16:38:08 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat