Author Topic: Bengal stray needing home  (Read 6564 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Bengal stray needing home
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 16:47:49 PM »
great news he sounds lovely  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 16:23:41 PM »
hope he settles down, he is lovely and its horrible to think of them living rough with winter coming

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 16:19:17 PM »
That's really good news  :) He was lucky that he had you looking out for him, now at least you'll be able to keep in touch with him so to speak  :)

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 16:15:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Looks like I have found this cat a home. A neighbour whose cat went missing a few years ago has offered him a home. She bought some cat food this morning and when I went round this afternoon he followed me like a dog! he had a meal on her door step and a look in the door. He hasn't been inside yet but sure it won't take him long to make himself at home he's a very confident boy! Thanks for all advice and well wishes.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 16:47:11 PM »
It is such a shame that your Bengal Boy doesnt want a "new friend" - I really hope this lovely boy can find a forever home soon - has he got anywhere to shelter and to feel safe whilst the fireworks are going off ?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 15:56:35 PM »
been warned animal testers or dog baiters could come for him pretending to be cat lovers.

I've been told that too. I'd steer clear of them if possible. What about contacting local vets and seeing if they'll help with rehoming? I know some do.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 15:48:10 PM »
I too agree that advertising in this way is a very bad idea. He deserves more than that.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 13:25:08 PM »
free ads are probably a bad idea

I agree free ads very bad idea - poor little man - homeless and alone   :'( :'( - he looks adorable.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 12:11:05 PM »
free ads are probably a bad idea

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 12:09:43 PM »
Yes, my family at the moment is two cats a human little boy and a cat hating husband. Other half isn't very happy about the stray cat hanging round but he's no choice I love animals, its the cats and me or nothing. After this experience and learning how many poor homeless cats there are I really would like to help the CPL, going to find out about volunteering. If I had a bigger house I would def home some older cats.
Thinking about advertizing this stray in my local free adds has anyone any advice on this? been warned animal testers or dog baiters could come for him pretending to be cat lovers.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:05 AM »
but I have a very nervous bengal who wee's all over if upset and a shy dsh, who is scared of this other cat and also a little boy who's only 11 months.

Are we talking of humans little boy here? ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »
Hi Ela, do you work for CPL? the CPL near me told me that they are having trouble finding homes for the adult cats.

Yes, I am one of their unpaid slaves. ;D

All the rescues near me are all full, is it because of the time of year? I know a friend of mine breeds burmese and asians and she is having trouble selling kittens, she said normally at this time of year her kittens are all booked and she has a waiting list. Wonder if the credit crunch is affecting cats to.

All the rescues country wide (pedigree and moggie) are full I think and all the more reason for breeders to think again.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »
The credit crunch has been affecting rescues for months, we have had a lot more calls about cats left on the streets when owners have moved, and rehoming has been a lot slower this year, which has meant we haven't been able to help as many as we have no space.
Please spay your cat

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 18:40:36 PM »
Hi Ela, do you work for CPL? the CPL near me told me that they are having trouble finding homes for the adult cats. All the rescues near me are all full, is it because of the time of year? I know a friend of mine breeds burmese and asians and she is having trouble selling kittens, she said normally at this time of year her kittens are all booked and she has a waiting list. Wonder if the credit crunch is affecting cats to.
I really hope I can find a home for this gorgeous cat soon, its sad he hasn't got fire to curl up by. I can't have him in my house I hope no-one thinks its cruel, but I have a very nervous bengal who wee's all over if upset and a shy dsh, who is scared of this other cat and also a little boy who's only 11 months.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 17:50:10 PM »
He's very sweet. I hope he finds a new home soon. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
Re: Bengal taype/tabby stray needing home
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 17:47:04 PM »
Another pic of abandoned kitty. This is a better picture of him the other pic is a bit funny shaped and makes him look chunky. He is tall but quite slender.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 18:20:21 PM by Jwebster »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 15:22:13 PM »
To be honest in my opinion he is a 'normal' tabby and no different to hundreds  possibly thousands of tabbies I have cared for over the years, however, it matters not. Many many cats in different colours and sizes  chirps and talks, so nothing unusual there. The bottom line is this little one needs a home.

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 15:03:09 PM »
Hi Sheryl, thinking he's a bengal cross. The lady who bred my bengal who knows more than me! called to have a look yesterday. She thinks he must be a cross, I know it sounds silly but just the way he acts! his chirping and talking. His coat is not quiet bengal but his body shape, his sleak tail and shape of his legs is very much bengal. Picture doesnt do him justice its an old camera. He is so desperate to come in for a warm, bless him but my neuter bengal is nearly having a nervous break down about it, so can't let him in. Its really upsetting ringing all these rescues and them all being full, I love animals and hate to think people can be so cruel.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 21:48:44 PM »
He is very handsome but definately not a Bengal so the Bengal Club may not be able to help - I really hope he gets sorted before the winter sets in properly.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 19:51:16 PM »
please try these and see if they will help

BENGAL CAT CLUB - RESCUE
Tel: 01690 710465

BENGAL CAT RESCUE
Rehoming Bengals Nationally including Scotland
Help in rehoming and rehabilitation of Bengal cats. This is a small non-profit organisation ran by volunteers who are committed to the welfare of Bengal cats. Their website also features lost and found bengals.
Want to offer a home to a Bengal? If you wish to offer a home to a Bengal cat, please fill out the 'Prospective Home Form' on their website or contact them by email, rather than phoning - thank you!
Does your Bengal need a new home? Please call the phone number below - thank you!
National Rescue Tel: 08707 778149
Email: rescue@bengalcatrescue.org.uk

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 16:53:03 PM »
Hi There he is on waiting lists, with cpl and rspca and a local rescue. Its shocking and sad how full they all are, makes me think cats and dogs should be compulsory neutered and chipped. I say bengal marbled because I have a pedigree bengal and he is so similar, he chirps and chats just like mine and they have exaclty the same face and body shape. I have no idea about other cats my bengal is very funny about other male cats but fine with female. Loves people I know that he follows me every time I leave my house, wrapping himself around my legs.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 13:04:21 PM »
Although all the rescues are full you really need to place him on as many lists of cats waiting to come in as you can. Each day you delay in placing him on lists there will be another 20 or 30 in front of him.

Are his bengal bits hidden? As all I can see is normal (whatever may be normal :)) tabby. Neverless lovely.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 13:07:41 PM by Ela »

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 19:27:49 PM »
He's lovely an looks just like one of our ferals, Rudholf
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 19:24:32 PM »
Looks like a handsome tabby moggie to me  :Luv:

Sazkat - "this cat is quite dominating and chases my cats away from my house!" would make me think he would be better off as an only cat

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 14:11:47 PM »
awww he is stunning how is he with female cats?

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Jwebster

• Kitten
Bengal stray needing home
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 14:01:06 PM »
Wakefield, west yorkshire. Can anybody help rehome this abandoned cat. He looks like a bengal or cross bengal he acts like one, very chatty very affectionate. He has been hanging round my house for over a month raiding bins, trying to get in everyones houses. He is neutered and about 2-4. He's a big cat, good looking. I would keep him but I have two already and my bengal is getting very upset as this cat is quite dominating and chases my cats away from my house! He isnt chipped, I attached a tag to his collar to see if anybody owned him but nobody has called. All the rescues near me are full and rspca will only take him if he becomes ill! I have registered him with various lost and found regs and nobody has claimed him, He is a lovely cat. He is marbled dark brown tabby type. Looks just like my pedigree bengal so assume he is one. Will post some pics soon.

Link to CatChat