Author Topic: Re: Family threatened with ASBO - Update - found but in a bad way - update 7 years on.  (Read 18479 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
I suspect not Mark - it seems too hard to catch the real criminals and yobs.  Much easier as you say to target the vulnerable.   :-:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
There seems to be a pattern of picking on the vulnerable. Missing cat poster people threatened, people putting up poster for cancer charity threatened, elderly couple fined. They were nowhere to be seen at 2am when feral teenagers were screaming and shouting in in the street while they were setting off bangers. I wonder if those same 'enforcement officers' are as good at their job when a gang of yobs are throwing their McDonalds wrappers on the ground?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
I hate littering with a passion but bloody ell! Is it a life sentence for chewing gum?  :shocked: 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Fine thanks Sue - hope you are too  :)

I had a quick scan through the thread.Hard to believe that when Milly was found, the vet thought that she may have to be PTS as her pupils were dilated and he thought she either had kidney failure or neurological damage.

Canterbury Council continue to excel. Recently, there was another article in the paper where a couple were fined £80 each for antisocial littering. They had been shopping in the town centre  and bought a bag of cherries. With there being no bin nearby, they had dropped a few cherry stones on the ground.  :tired:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11906134/Elderly-couple-fined-160-for-dropping-cherry-stones.html

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:50:39 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
That gives me such a warm feeling - thanks, Mark.  Hope all is well with you x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Wonderful  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Oh, I do like a happy ending! I wasn't here when this started so I was lucky enough to get the happy ending without having to wait 7 years for it!  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Just a quick update. I bumped into Milly's owner today. She said Milly is still doing well as an indoor cat and is now 17 :) - hard to believe that was 7 years ago!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Re: Family threatened with ASBO - Update - found but in a bad way
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:28 AM »
I will have to have a look - definitely not Millie  :Crazy: - Sharon has 2 Siamese.

Even in the local paper, CP didn't get a mention. It was a shame Sharon & I said it would have been a good opportunity to mention the benefits of chipping as the person the found her was only a couple of streets away but took her to the vet I use about 5 miles away. Apparently he twigged it might be Millie because of all the publicity and the scan confirmed it. Our vets are brilliant as they drove Millie to the vet the owners use, about 100 yards from their house.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
its said in the article she was a torti but the photo was of a blonde lady with a siamese!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:42 AM »
The last I heard was when the owner phoned me. Apparently, she wasn't in such a bad way as the vet thought. Which photo did they use? - she is a dark tortie?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2008, 08:49:02 AM »
this story was in your cat magazine but I think they may have used the wrong photo - it said that Milly was doing well

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »
They haven't phoned me yet. I will give them a day or so to settle her in and give them a call.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »
Any news on Milly, Mark as this would make a good story for the local papers, esp the point about the benefits of chipping.. as without it i dont reckon she would of been found and returned home...

Smartie the extra toed cat should be in the papers this week so it would be nice to have something about Milly as well?
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2008, 18:55:42 PM »
I haven't heard from the family but will give them a couple of days to settle her in. I might nip over and get a photo if they are OK about it

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2008, 23:40:25 PM »
Good news she is allowed to go home ... I'm sure once she is back with her slaves getting lots of TLC she will feel a bit happier.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2008, 15:56:00 PM »
The vet must think she's doing ok if they are letting her go home.  Hopefully she will improve more and more with the love from the people who have been missing her for so long and she will be purring for England with a bit of luck.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2008, 14:49:33 PM »
Poor little girl, everything crossed that she can go home and get some loving care which she so deserves

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2008, 14:30:22 PM »
Ah poor little mite, fingers crossed she can go home tonight and get some tender loving carel ike she deserves  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2008, 13:24:57 PM »
Just got an email from Sharon.

The vets emailed her and said there has been a slight improvement and she may be able to go home tonight but it will be a long process.

Fingers crossed for this little girl - she has really been in the wars. When she was rescued she had been living in a cupboard after someone died and the relatives to over her "care"  :'(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Re: Family threatened with ASBO - Update - found but in a bad way
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2008, 22:00:13 PM »
Fingers crossed for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 20:33:58 PM »
Ahh poor Milly ... keeping everything crossed for her and of course her family.

Mark please let her family know we are all thinking of them xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 18:56:31 PM »
Best wishes for Milly

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 18:50:07 PM »
Sharon tried to get some info from the vet but they won't tell her anything. The owner said he will phone me if there is any news, good or bad  :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 18:42:01 PM »
Poor little Milly.i do so hope she pulls through and returns to her loving family,sending lots of good vibes and  :hug: :hug: :hug:.i will be praying for her
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 18:18:51 PM »
Bless her I so hope she will be ok

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 15:48:59 PM »
Poor Milly, hope she pulls through  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 15:31:25 PM »
Sat at my desk crying - it's just like my Smudge missing last September and then getting so close in April only for him to be run over by a blasted car.  I can understand how they are feeling unfortunately.  They are all in my prayers. :'( :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 14:58:42 PM »
poor Milly and her family

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 14:57:09 PM »
Had a call from Milly's owners. She was handed in to one of our vets 5 miles away although she was found 300 yards from where she went missing. She is now at the family vet but in a bad way. They think she may have been kicked or hit by a car  :( - He pupils are dilated and the vet has advised neuro or kidneys. She is having test but they have been warned she may need to be PTS  :( - I said it was good that she was insured but he said they canclled the insurance last month but will pay whatever it takes if there is any way of making her better. They said she was really aggresive last night which is understandable  :( Poor Milly  :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »
Haven't seen it yet. I will get a copy later. Their office is in Cromwell Road, very close to Milly's family. There was a "to let" sign in the window. Hopefully they aren't closing down as they are far more supportive than the Gazette who only really bother with the RSPCA.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 14:51:48 PM by Mark »

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Family threatened with ASBO and fine for missing cat posters!
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
The Whit Times rang me on Monday about Milly so there should be something in the papers today with our names on it?
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:12 AM »
I dropped OH off at the station early today so went on a Milly hunt - without any luck. One of the problems with Whitstable is there are lots of 6ft & 10ft ways - little pathways between the streets. Most are overgrown with spiders webs all over the place. I was looking for a suitable place for a trap but Roxanne has offered them one several times and they declined as they are worried about trapping the wrong cat.Its funny but I had a weird feeling when I passed the house next door to the low-rise flats where the people live. The house has a large enclosed garden. They have a poster in their window.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 15:56:22 PM »
Someone really should grab hold of these officious little gits and drag them down to Tower Hamlets or Brent and then they could see what urban decay really means. There just isn't a plague of fly posters in Whitstable or anything like it, ffs!  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 08:32:51 AM »
This is the same council that refused to allow us to hold a collection for CP after a performance of the tour of "Cats" outside their Marlowe Theatre, despite us having full permission and support from the cast and crew.

Don't be thinking this is a bad interpretation of guidelines - their rules are firmly set against helping charities that aren't politically expediant enough. They are heartless, self serving creeps!  >:(

I got bought a copy of our other local paper yesterday - the front page featured the same council threatening a cancer charity with an £80 fine for putting up 2 x A4 fundraiser posters on the railings at a local car cark.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 08:33:17 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 21:26:19 PM »
I will have a mooch around on Monday. I know they are searching all weekend and every evening. They said they had 50 people helping last night (something to do with camera crews around?  :shify: )

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »
Difficult.  :tired:

I have a theory that they don't double-back on themselves in a hurry. If they know how she got out, I'd search outwards from that point at around 180 degrees. Perhaps there's a communal waste area? She'll be hiding behind some boxes or a wheelie bin or in a shed I would think.  :shy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
The problem is, they live in a 1st floor flat so no garden. I don't know where it would be practical to put one. They both work and their son is at school.

They are quite close to the old disused crab & winkle line.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:31:01 PM by Mark »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 12:24:39 PM »
I think Milly is a 'gone to ground' type of puss rather than likely to take off for the hills. I'll have a fiver on her being found within 3 roads of her house.  :sneaky: Unfortunately, those kinds of cats are the last to come our when you call for them. My Tilly must have heard me yelling for her for weeks but was too scared to come out.

Can we lend them a trap?  :shify:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »
I spoke to the family and basically they were offered a small fee by a national magazine for doing a story. Personally, I think the amount they offered was an insult. It would have meant them having people round taking pictures etc. Also they had to sign something giving the mag exclusive rights to their story - also that they were responsible for any legal issues. After careful consideration, they have declined. They were going to donate some of the money to CP. They are wisely telling the magazine that they are welsome to do a story but they are not going to sign anything and if they want to make a donation direct to CP they can. They said more national publicity isn't going to get Milly back which was the whole idea - I think they have done the right thing.

Link to CatChat