Author Topic: Totally new to the cat world, but so, so excited!!! Toby's arrived ... PICS!!!!  (Read 17191 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
I am glad he is settling in well, but I wouldnt worry too much about picking him up if he seemed fine with it - I adopted out 2 cats just over a week ago, one hated being picked up, yet a week into his new home, she had picked him up and put him on her knee, and he accepted it - I tried that and he hated it. Mind you, he was also the first to sit on her knee, and he was with us for a total of 2 months and showed no signs of being a lapcat. So sometimes, they just act differently when they know they are in their forever home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
It's really heartwarming to see how well Toby's settling in to his home with you, and lovely to hear you say that he's made your family complete.  :)

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
i have seen bubbles in pets shops for cats and have considered them for the kitten's, after toby's response to yours i think it is the way to go.

you must post some more pictures!
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
May be we should just go to Toys R us and buy him more bubbles 

Did you know you can actually buy catnip bubbles!!!!
My babies love them

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
I am so pleased to hear that Toby is settling in and that George is getting to know him and play nicely with him  ;D

You know, you may find that Tobys aversion to being picked up completely disappears as he continues to relax in his new home...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
Hi Everyone,

Feels like ages since I gave you all an update!  Had to tell you the latest news.  Today, my son George and Toby have found a new game to play together.  I blow bubbles and the pair of them pop them.  George jumps around and Toby pounces.  Had George in fits of giggles and Toby was acting just like a kitten  :rofl:  It took George about three days to get used to Toby, but he seems to have finally accepted him.  He's not into stroking him, but will now tolerate him bearing very close to him.  Even sharing a sofa together now.

My husband called the vets today and got Toby McIntyre registered.  We're taking him to the nurse next week to have his claws clipped.  I'm too scared to try it myself.  Worried he may take offence!

Toby had me on a right merry dance today.  He managed to get past me when I was carrying George through the back door, so I anxiously followed him calling his name.  He'd obviously decided he wasn't called Toby anymore, so I decided to pick him up and bring him home.  He'd only gone a metre at the most, but it was enough to panic me.  I was worried about picking him up, because the CP people said he didn't like being picked up.  He didn't protest at all.  Don't think it's someone I'd like to have to do again mind.

He's still eating like there's no tomorrow, so that's a good sign that he's settled in.  We're going to the CP open day on Saturday, to buy Toby some more food, litter and toys.  May be we should just go to Toys R us and buy him more bubbles  ;D
McIntyre Quad

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
He looks absolutely wonderful.   :Luv2:
Toby is a great name too - really suits him.
He looks - imperious!  Like he has arrived and decided straight away that he is in charge.
I am so pleased you're all happy together - enjoy!  :)

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Excellent that he has settled in straight away.  What lovely pics.  You are now mummy to two boys (or three if you count your hubby)  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
he is lovely and sounds like he's really settled in!  congratulations!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
He can moult all he likes.  I've got my trusty dyson.   :)  Must admit, we don't let him in the bedrooms anyway, because of our little boy.  Often find him on the landing though. ;)

Oh I'm sure he will find a way of breaking that rule  :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
He can moult all he likes.  I've got my trusty dyson.   :)  Must admit, we don't let him in the bedrooms anyway, because of our little boy.  Often find him on the landing though. ;)
McIntyre Quad

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
look out for those white hairs though they get everywhere including on visitors

totally agree, i find them everywhere even the places where floss and tepe haven't been, i do not let them go in the dining room or our bedroom.

my advice is......stock up on stickytape!  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Aww, he's gorgeous  :Luv: 

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Toby is gorgeous  :Luv: look out for those white hairs though they get everywhere including on visitors :rofl:

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
it is sooooo lovely to see him all settled, i agree the rescue centre would really love to see those pics of Toby.  i am so glad it has been a smooth transition, you just never know whats going to happen.congrats xxx

love your pj's!

TF x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Oh my goodness - is he at home, or what?!!   :evillaugh:  He is one very contented cat.  Love it!  :rofl:  :shy: :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
That is one contented cat  :wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
He certainly looks like he's made himself at home, looking at the cuddling pic you'd think he'd been with you all his life.  You should email the rescue that pic, I bet they'd be delighted to see him so happy so quickly  :Luv2:

He's brill.  He makes us feel complete as a family.

What a lovely thing to say, made me go all misty eyed  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The latest pics of the gorgeous boy:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
So pleased he has settled in so well, sometimes oldies do.
Please spay your cat

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
First night home was a huge success.  He laid on my lap and chest the whole evening.  Seemed very much at home.  Sam's kindly re-sizing the photo's, so I can post them on here.  You'll have to ignore my PJ's though.  :rofl:

I saw him eating three times yesterday as well and when we came down this morning there were only a few bits of his food left.  Just groomed him, which he seemed ok with.  He's sitting on the chair next to me, as we speak.  He follows us round the house and comes to his name.  He's brill.  He makes us feel complete as a family.
McIntyre Quad

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Morning to Toby and the newly made McIntyre quartet!   :hi:  How did his first night home go?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Awww   :Luv: i think he has a stern look too, probably wondering why he has a flashy box going off when he wants a snack  :evillaugh:

I had imagined him to be black!  :doh:

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
i love pure white cats - I think he looks a bit stern in the first couple of pics, think it is his eyes!!

He is most definately boss.  He seems very proud and quite serious.  Keeps looking at our son as if to say "what's the juvenile doing!!???"   :doh: Behind the mask though, he is very loving.   :Luv: Keeps coming up to us miaowing and nudging our hands.  Keeps following my husband round like a lost sheep.  I can see the resemblance  :rofl:
McIntyre Quad

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
What a stunner. He is so lovely. He already looks like he is in charge lol  :rofl:. Well done.

Hayley x

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
Awww he's stunning. He reminds me of my wee Smokie, who was all white  :( . For the record, he was grey and white as a kitten but it turned out to be dirt, however the name stuck!  :rofl:

Give Toby a big hug from me.

Lynds x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
i love pure white cats - I think he looks a bit stern in the first couple of pics, think it is his eyes!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Woohoo!  Bring on the dancing bananas.....     :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

:W: :E: :L: :C: :O: :M: :E:     :T: :O: :B: :Y:

He looks like he's been there all his life!   :wow:  Handsome fellow.  ;)

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
We think he's totally gorgeous too and he does seem completely at home.  Already chosen his favourite window seat too.  I was worried about nothing. :thanks:
McIntyre Quad

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Totally new to the cat world, but so, so excited!!!
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 17:26:24 PM »
Oh, Toby is just so lovely  :Luv:  You can see him weighing things up and acclimatising himself in those pictures  ;D  He does seem remarkably relaxed.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2008, 17:25:47 PM »
OMG Toby is gorgeous. 

Phwoar, just a bit! He looks so relaxed already  :Luv2:

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
    • Animal Care Society (Cork)
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2008, 17:25:20 PM »
I love the first picture :Luv: all he is short is a knife and fork ;)
annefitz@animalcaresociety.ie
http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2008, 17:22:27 PM »
OMG Toby is gorgeous. 

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2008, 17:05:04 PM »
I am really pleased to hear that.  :welcome: To your new home Toby !!!!! 

Cats know when they are on to a good thing. He obviously feels very comfortable with you. It's love at first site lol  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Hayley x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2008, 16:55:21 PM »
Ahhh I'm so pleased he's rrived.  If you want to send me your pics I can resize them for you
fussy_furball [at] hotmail.com

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2008, 16:44:59 PM »
Really pleased.  Toby's just had something to eat!!  They told us at the centre, that when he first got there he didn't eat for a week.  They told us not to expect him to eat for a couple of days.  Well, he's already proved them wrong and has already bagged his seat on the sofa! :)
McIntyre Quad

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2008, 16:13:02 PM »
Fantastic news!  I was hoping to read that he had settled in straight away  ;D  Welcome Toby  :Luv:

Offline McIntyre Quad!

• Adult Cat
  • Toby
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2008, 15:44:35 PM »
Guess who's here...........Toby!

Tried to attach some pics, but they're too big.  Error keeps coming up.  However, you should be able to see him on our profile pic.

Bless him.  He's only been here 5 mins and he's already made himself at home!   ;)
McIntyre Quad

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »
Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs

Just go with the flow - you will be fine.  I woke up with three cats on my bed last night, they make themselves at home so much quicker than you expect.

As for feeding mine get Whiskas and Tescos own brand and I have never had any complaints yet.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:53 AM »
Only 6.5 hrs till we can collect Toby.  I'm still excited, but getting really nervous now as well. :scared:We've never owned a cat before, so I'm starting to doubt everything.  i.e What time do I feed him, what if he does escape etc etc  I'll be asking lots of questions this afternoon.  I can always call on you guys as well.  Must try and relax a bit.  I hope he does like his new home.

The more relaxed you are then the more relaxed he will be  :).   I'm sure he'll be bossing you about in no time and demanding you feed him when he's hungry  :hungey:.  Good luck today - post us some pics when you pick him up x  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat