Author Topic: Meet Mabel - she's here!!  (Read 22345 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Meet Mabel - she's here!!
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 22:11:16 PM »
pretty little lady!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Meet Mabel - she's here!!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 20:06:58 PM »
Mabel is here now, she is a bit snuffly bless her, and is slightly thin and bony, so should fit in well here!! She has had a good brush to help her fur, as it isn't in the best condition, but hopefully a home environment will work wonders. She is already registered at the vets, and has an app for the end of the month for bloods and a booster - she was vacc'd last August by the rescue. Pics will follow when I have time to resize them.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Meet Mabel
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 21:20:54 PM »
Christine, sadly she has been there since MArch 2007 - she hasn't been in a pen that long though, they let their 'residents' have the run of the place, and it is a really nice place (so nice I spent hours there rather than the short time i thought I would!! Part of that was one of their other residents settling down to sleep on my neck though!!).
Thanks for all the nice comments, I just hope Rolo and Moses are fine with her, i suspect i am going to have 3 fighting for the bed in front of the kitchen radiator!! By the time I pick her up, it will be 7 months since I went down to one permanent cat, it is the longest I have ever stuck at one of my own, although I have never had 2 long term fosters before either. i dont know how I am going to be able to wait 2 weeks though, I am soooo excited, I have to keep looking at her pic. Just so ironic that they said they didn't have any oldies looking for homes, so I went just to meet them, and reserved a cat.
She is more white and cream MM, not sure she is dark enough to be classed as ginger, although looking at her pics on their sponsorship page, her tail is, but her face isn't - here it is, there are more pics of her here, i was taken with her from the moment I saw her, but I was also taken with their other cream and white girl

http://www.dropshots.com/Oldhamcats2#date/2007-06-09/13:13:22
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 17:40:30 PM »
She is lovely  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 16:42:31 PM »
Aww i love ginger & white lady cats  :Luv: sweet name too for an oldie

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 16:17:56 PM »
 :hug: Desley, you are indeed a star.  When you say that Mabel has been at the rescue since last March, do you mean 2008 or 2007?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 16:08:22 PM »
Mabel is a lucky cat Des and a beautiful one.  Well done to you

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 15:43:31 PM »
She's beautiful Desley and I'm sure she is going to love being pampered by you  :)
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 15:32:01 PM »
Ah Mabel is lovely Des....well done you for yet again taking on an oldie....your a star!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 00:03:13 AM »
Awww, Mabel is lovely. :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 23:54:06 PM »
Oh yeah, and as well as the litter tray issues, she has slightly runny eyes and feels a bit thin and bony - should fit in well here then!! Vet does keep asking me where I get these cats from. I am just drawn to cats that need a good home, most have been healthy when I agreed to take them on, I cant help it if they then develop health issues.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 23:39:24 PM »
Mabel looks gorgeous  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 23:38:10 PM »
What a beautiful girl  :)  Glad she's found such a lovely forever home - looking forward to hearing more about her when she arrives  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 23:37:49 PM »
She is, they have two cream and white females, the other one was all over me too, i had to stay longer than planned cos she spent so long sleeping on my shoulder!! As long as she doesn't try and take over the bed, Molly will be fine with her, she rarely comes downstairs and if she does, it is to go outside, so might not meet her for a while!! Not sure how Rolo and Moses are going to take to her, but at the end of the day, they are fosters, and a home might come up for them tomorrow. She has been at the rescue since last March, so I think it is about time she got a good home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 23:34:52 PM »
Mabel is lovely Des, she has fallen on her paws now  :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 23:33:07 PM »
Ohhh she is gorgeous  :Luv: I am sure she will be very happy with you. :hug:

I love oldies, i wish i could have two more cats but its not fair on Phoebe....

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 23:32:00 PM »
Awww, she's a pretty girl Desley  :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Meet Mabel - she's here!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 23:27:17 PM »
She is going to be my new permanent kitty, I have been at one cat of my own since I lost Tiger last November, I have been getting itchy for a new cat for a couple of weeks now (think it is cos I know Rosie is on limited time, it is my way of coping), ironically, the rescue she is coming from said last week that they didnt have any oldies in, they have never pushed her as she wees standing up (same as Miss Molly), but I said I had had 2.5 years of that, it isn't an issue, we have carpet protector, doggie pads and covered trays for that. I could have had her today if it hadn't been for family commitments, so I am picking her up in a fortnight. We dont know how old she is, but she is obviously in her teens, so I shall have to guess an age, and then get insurance sorted, and 3 weeks after coming, she can go for bloods, chip and booster (she was vaccd last August, so it should only be a week or so early). She is a typical oldie, doesn't want anything more than a warm bed in front of a fire (she wil have to make do with a radiator here) and some food, so am sure she will be fine here, she doesn't like to go out much.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 20:04:47 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat