Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790316 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2540 on: February 23, 2011, 19:06:55 PM »
I think Andy should stick to the day job. :rofl:  I've no objection to his names for kittens but Lark makes me think of a joke.  :-:  Or perhaps its because I'm not a morning person that the name doesn't appeal.     :evillaugh:

Call me stoopid but I didn't realise that cats could faint.   :shocked:  Poor old Fussypussy - I hope she's OK now.  Give her a big  :cuddle: from me.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2539 on: February 23, 2011, 13:39:00 PM »
Andy has named new arrival Lark, poor man has come up with names for entire litter who are all evidently female  :rofl: he has thought so much about names he has forgotten about male species, Basically the names he came up with for kittens were all names after rival vet practices nearby, Willows, Holly, Abbey etc :rofl: since our vet is ARK vets best he could do come up with is Lark. His plans are already scuppered because we will use Snowdrop and Jip.

All dwarfs passed fit and well and given first vaccs; Fussypussy fainted not once but twice bless her.Also got Andy to resex them all, nothing has change still 1 boy and 5 girls  :rofl:

Carol think Tom and Tim will have to grow some :rofl: Lark is indeed Korky coloured, its so weird she is in Lucy`s Pen and looks so much like Lucy although older.

Clare pleased you like the name Dodgerdora it was hurriedly changed when Dodger went in for castrate and was found to be female :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2538 on: February 23, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »
So pleased things are brighter today at The Inn - pity we can't say that about the weather.  Looking forward to hearing new girl's name and seeing pics.  I'm assuming she is Korky-coloured and you will have yet more kittens to make you wish you'd been to Specsavers.   ;D

Hope the dawrfs have been well-behaved at the vets.  :Luv2:

You really do like work don't you - I hope Jack enjoys his stay.  When do Tom and Tim get their turn?   :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2537 on: February 23, 2011, 09:34:30 AM »
Glad its a brighter day at the Inn, so pleased the dwarfs are coming on so well  :) :)

Dodgedora is the most brilliant name lol, I love that you come up with such original names for all your charges  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2536 on: February 23, 2011, 09:02:09 AM »
Tab that is lovely and I am sure one we can use the name Snowdrop for one of the kittens when they arrive, sadly I have to take whatever name Andy vet comes up with for mum.Anyway this morning she is eating for England.

The Inn seems a brighter happier place today with Dodgerdora diving into her food before climbing ontop of the scratching post to enjoy tummy tickles, her eyes are still wide but not as bad and her spay wound though still aggravated seems less so. Dainty is her usual aloof self but eating well.

Heidi who we rushed to vet yesterday afternoon with a high temperature is thankfully back to normal, Andy felt she was fighting the vaccine and I am inclined to agree, she too has eaten a hearty breakfast.

Poor Stig came to me this morning and said "Oi look ere, you didnt groom me yesterday and I got this dirty spot on mez pants "so job done he allowed me lots of tummy tickles even though his 5 pals were all trying to get in on the act.

We are off to vets in about 20 minutes with the dwarfs for their first vaccinations, doesnt seem 2 minutes since I took them on; I am so proud of them.

I have more slave labour today, Jack age 3 is staying overnight this time, hope he is good at mucking out  :evillaugh:, this is all Daisymacs fault of course because we made the spare room up for her visit and then she couldnt wait to run away  :rofl: :rofl:
Guess I better do some more cake baking.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2535 on: February 22, 2011, 21:06:03 PM »
Aww that's lovely Tab :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2534 on: February 22, 2011, 20:55:19 PM »
I love hearing about your babies human and feline.

For your new arrival how about 'snowdrop'? Its not colour related but my favourite flower fairy poem

Deep sleeps the winter
Cold wet and Grey
Surely all the world is dead
Spring is far away
But wait the world shall waken
It is not dead for lo
The fair maids of february
standing in the snow

I was taught that by my Gran and Grandad and even now years later to be its a sign of new life nd new hope
love
Tab

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2533 on: February 22, 2011, 20:25:17 PM »
So sorry to hear about the poorly kitties. Andy sounds like a wonderful vet, it's lovely that he's so willing to research these things.

Can't wait to know the name of the new girl!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2532 on: February 22, 2011, 20:05:15 PM »
Will get some pics of new arrival when I can, she has been stray since Christmas in a really rough area, woman who was feeding her thought it was biscuits making her put weight on, anyway she decided this little cat shouldnt be sleeping outside in a box any longer and called me.
We have already been to vet with her this afternoon, vet says she is due within a week, I told him I wouldnt be suprised if she produced overnight. Vet has been given the task of finding a name for her, he will let me know when I take 6 Dwarfs in for vaccs in morning.

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2531 on: February 22, 2011, 19:05:06 PM »
Just been having a quick catch up with this thread as been working like a crazy lady the last few days. Very sorry to hear Dodgerdora's not too well.

I too can never get my head round this 'anything but black' policy some people have. Mind you, I'm an 'any colour as long as it's black' kinda person so I guess I'm a bit biased. I think here on this site we all agree that all cats are beautiful - even the amputees missing an eye and with half a tail...they are to me at least  :hug:

So what's the story behind the new arrival (or have a missed a post)? Any pics?

Love to all at the Inn

x

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2530 on: February 22, 2011, 17:50:31 PM »
Sorry to hear both kitties are poorly -the only thing I can think of that is rare is Lysosomal storage disease and yes I think FIP can produce neurological symptoms too.
I always though the FPV virus went after 6 weeks -not sure if they can reinfect theirselves but thought you got immunity to it .
I really hope it isn't anything like these and both make a speedy recovery  :hug:
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2529 on: February 22, 2011, 16:39:49 PM »
Carol, Chelsea always beat poor Dainty up and didnt really like Dodgerdora that much, she began beating Dinky after vaccinations when Dinky developed her problems, its all very strange.No further sickness today,appetites still reduced but am not as worried as yesterday.

Had a busy day today and just finished settling in a new arrival who is obviously pregnant, not thought of a name for her yet but maybe she will produce a Jip  :rofl:3 guesses as to what colour she is and what colour her kittens will be  :rofl: She looks beautiful against her new pretty pink vet bedding.

Unkle Paddyyyy we just love your speeshul "ppprffffpppt" and we are all hoping that mouf of yours is ralling round and not givin you too much jip ( there he is again, good ole Jip I say ) Take care Paddyy and no wurrying Aunty Suepoo or I might have to send 6 dwarfs round to make youz lauf.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2528 on: February 22, 2011, 14:38:00 PM »
Aunty T - me and Paddy send much love and a "ppprffffpppt" for you and all of your Paws Inn charges.   :Luv:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2527 on: February 21, 2011, 23:25:15 PM »
Sorry for the confusion T.  I somehow missed the post that you made prior to the vet visit where you describied Dodgerdora's overnight deterioration.  :doh:  Hope she has improved and doesn't need opening up again and that Dainty hasn't come down with the sickness, whatever it is.  Sending them both my love.  :Luv2:

I wonder if Chelsea knew they were all poorly and that was why she wasn't a very good mum.  Mind you she was fine with Dinky wasn't she and Dinky was the one who showed the most obvious damage.

Hope the appointment went well.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2526 on: February 21, 2011, 16:49:02 PM »
Best of luck this afternoon T - what some people will do to get ut of mucking out eh................. :innocent: ;)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2525 on: February 21, 2011, 14:55:15 PM »
Thinking of you all T and sending lots of love over.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2524 on: February 21, 2011, 14:53:09 PM »
Good luck with your appointment T,  let us know how you get on  :hug: :hug:

No worries I`ll be fine, especially as its got me out of afternoon feeding and cleaning, poor Debbie has the wonderful task of doing it all  :evillaugh:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2523 on: February 21, 2011, 14:48:36 PM »
Good luck with your appointment T,  let us know how you get on  :hug: :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2522 on: February 21, 2011, 14:40:11 PM »
Hope things get better for the poor little tinkers.
good luck capturing the dwarfs! You must have it off to a fine art, I still have to trick my 2 into the carriers, or manhandle them in.

Nicky

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2521 on: February 21, 2011, 14:37:24 PM »
Carol it is Dodgerdora having the reaction, thats all 3 with brain problems;if she needs opening up again that will put more stress on her, so sad and such a worry but fortunately I take these things in my stride.
Got the appt at 4 this afternoon to check my cords out will let you know the result.
The people who were taken with Chelsea sent a lovely email saying that they will come back to the Inn at a later date, so all is not lost.
Dwarfs appt for first vaccs has been brought forward to Wednesday.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2520 on: February 21, 2011, 13:02:40 PM »
Poor D & D,  hope they will be OK  :hug: :hug:

Aww Chelsea,  we all kept everything crossed for you young lady,    keep the charm going and you will get a upser home very soon xx

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2519 on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear the news Teresa.  Do you really mean Dodgerdora or is it Dainty that is having the unpleasant reaction?  Either way, I'm sending lots of positive vibes for both girls.  :hug:  :hug:

I was so hopeful that Chelsea had found her forever home.  Ah well, at least she's managed to charm one person (two if you count me)
so she just has to try again - practice makes perfect.  :)  Did the couple not offer Annabel a home, since it was her they originally wanted to see?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2518 on: February 21, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »
Andy has done a lot of research and says there is a cerebellum problem that is progressive, says it is so rare it doesnt seem to have a name. Dodgerdora has something going on with her brain right now, her eyes have changed and are so wide, poor girl is also having an unpleasant reaction to her internal spay stitches and her tummy is very sore, she may need to be re opened. Both girls been given injections and back tomorrow if need be. Andy has said that there is the tiniest chance that this could be mild panleukopenia or dry FIP the only things we havent yet tested for because the results would not be conclusive.Thankfully these girls have been isolated from Day 1.

Modified to add that their mum Chelsea didnt get the home, husband wanted her wife didnt.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:59:07 AM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2517 on: February 21, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
Good luck at the vets, Teresa. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #2516 on: February 21, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
I hope D and D get on ok at the vets and its nothing sinister, bless them.

Glad everyone else is ok :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2515 on: February 21, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
Dainty and Dodgerdoras Pen was covered in bright yellow bile this morning,on closer examination it was clear that Dodgerdora is the culprit as she lay looking very forlorn in her bed. Dainty on the other hand ate her breakfast.
Had a hectic time bagging the girls up for the vet as Dainty is as good as wild down to brain issues and other things, decided whatever one has today the other will likely have tomorrow so both will see Andy. Dainty very kindly lacerated my hand and reduced me to a panting wreck, however both girls are now sat in carriers ready for the journey in fifteen minutes  :rofl:
All else seem fine.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2514 on: February 20, 2011, 18:16:58 PM »
Good idea to mark as reserved. Hope that works for you, and you don't have to waste any more time. Sure you must have some more baking to do?!

My little Poppy(in avatar) is the lovliest, most affectionate girlie you could wish for, she is very beautiful. God help anyone who doesn't agree.  :rofl:

As Daisymac said advertisinf using black cats would be great as we all know the power of advertising.

Nicky

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2513 on: February 20, 2011, 14:14:50 PM »
Oooh it doea make me cross - when i offererd to take Jerry and Giz I had never even seen them - all i knew was theere were two little ginger brothers who needed a home. I have black , ginger , red point , lilac point - I think i need a tortie to complete the set :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2512 on: February 20, 2011, 14:04:25 PM »
Helen a hypocrite, NEVER in a million years, I wouldnt mind if the people wanting them had a Lu/Riley Tiggy type home to offer, think thats half the problem I am just too fussy and overprotective  :rofl:
I even had an email yesterday from someone wanting Stig aged over 5months and Bigboycockaleakyniagara age 8weeks, no doubt they would have made a very attractive pair who would have hated each other.
Taken Carols sound advice and marked both greys Reserved.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2511 on: February 20, 2011, 13:35:46 PM »
I dont see grey I see 6 kittens with loving eyes who look on me as mum and trust me to do the very best for them; each and everyone is as beautiful as the other.

Quite right. Not one of those kittens is unattractive. And I can categorically state that Jack was one of THE most handsome cats I've ever seen and probably ever will. Black cats are so under-rated. Rant away as much as you want!

(I'm sad to hear the vet nurse was so insensitive. :tired:)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2510 on: February 20, 2011, 13:07:40 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

As someone who has grey cats I feel a bit of a hypocrite (in my defence there were only greys & tabbies to choose from!) BUT, hand on heart, I couldn't care less if they had warts on their noses, one ear and patchy fur - it's their little personalities that make me love them so much  :Luv:

I think Carol's idea of a reserved marker against the greys might weed out the shallow humans amongst us  :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2509 on: February 20, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I think I'd be inclined to put reserved against the greys on your website/cat chat pages.  That might reduce the calls and hopefully the people who do still enquire will want kittens and not  fashion accessories.  If they get as far as being invited to view and you approve of them you can say the homes have fallen through.  :sneaky:

Lovely pictures of Lucy/Sable.  I'm so pleased she's found a wonderful home.

My fingers are still firmly crossed for Chelsea and they're starting to go numb - I hope you hear somethng soon.  :wish:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2508 on: February 20, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
All of the dwarfs are lovely,   it is a shame people cant see that the colour of a cat makes no difference to the personality,   Teabag is grey and although a sweet boy the grey fur is a nightmare,  it shows up on everything,  where as with a black cat....  :rofl:

I would be really tough and only home in pairs,   but not the two greys together,   one black and one grey !,     I wish a pet food company would make an advert showing how beautiful black cats are then maybe the people out there would start to learn !

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2507 on: February 20, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »
Oh T that makes me so sad. It doesn't surprise me, people just do not see the beauty in black cats and kittens. I look at Effie and I see a stunning cat but I have been outside with the girls and people will see Ella and state how beautiful she is, whilst Effie is sat there getting no fuss!

I do know one thing, that if anything ever happened to Ella or Effie, my next cat would be black, because having a black cat has made me appreciate their beauty, 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 16:39:27 PM by Ella and Effie »

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #2506 on: February 20, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
It must be so frustrating for you T

Just shows how shallow people can be :(
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2505 on: February 20, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
Thanks Helen, Sue and Simon.
This morning I have had enough of the world and grey kittens,ever since I took the dwarfs on I have been driven mad by people asking for one grey kitten, well this morning its come to a head, non stop phone calls, emails and blind knock on my front door; nowhere is my address advertised; instructions on web clearly state to email full details to us; it also states that these kittens are to go in bonded pairs; to date I have had over 200 people wanting Bigboy and not one wanting his black sisters. Even when little Pin cushion was dying I had a vet nurse trying to reserve him. People just have no idea of what rescue entails. I dont see grey I see 6 kittens with loving eyes who look on me as mum and trust me to do the very best for them; each and everyone is as beautiful as the other. All these calls/emails take time to answer, time which could have been better spent. Rant over.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2504 on: February 19, 2011, 21:08:15 PM »
Wow - stunning pics!!   I agree - she looks fab in her new collar.  :wow:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2503 on: February 19, 2011, 20:28:24 PM »
What a beautiful shiny girl  :Luv2: The Paws Inn polish that you so lovingly apply hasn't come off in her new home  :)

Love her collar too  ;D

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2502 on: February 19, 2011, 20:22:47 PM »
Beautiful pics as always Auntie T x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat