Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790333 times)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2300 on: January 09, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
Now have visions of lots of little kittens running abut with cutlasses and bandannas on.................... :evillaugh:

Hopefully a spell in 'Time out' for Annabel will help restore order  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2299 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
Mutiny at the Inn   :tired: yesterday we moved Sophie to a Pen of her own as she is in for spay on Wednesday, she responded by going on hunger strike however she cant resist a carton of milk so she is now sorted, her 5 remaining kittens are all happily playing with remaining muckspots Flora and Kentucky so we moved Annabel and her 3 remaining kittens to the other summerhouse Pen as we had been getting a little bad language from Darcey Tuttle, well after almost killing myself doing the extra work the foul language spread from Darcey Tuttle to Pavlova and Fontaine and this morning I realised Annabel was the instigator, I watched Annabel steal 4 sachets of food from 4 seperate food bowls,( its not a worm problem )and then smack each kitten when they went to lick empty food bowls,Annabel also has 1 teat with a touch of mastitis, needless to say Annabel has now been re Penned on her own, hopefully the 3 kittens will learn to be friends again.Grace has now been moved into a collapsible Pen in the living room .
The 7 dwarfs are keeping me busy, (still night feeding), they are really good and I have got most of them piddling into litter tray at just 16 days, we still have to stimulate for poops and some piddles, but all things considered I am proud of them. 
Summer and Sunshine seem to be really happy that theres just the 2 of them left together now Sunny and Simon have been rehomed, we have tried them with a new toy in a bid to help improve Sunshines coordination.No apparent bad reaction to Fridays vaccinations.
Will try and get some pics when time permits.
Milly has finally tired of her daily dish of double cream  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2298 on: January 08, 2011, 19:08:07 PM »
Just catching up with this. So glad to hear that the rehomings are going well.

Has Kiev gone to a beauty parlour? At least that way he could charge for his head massages!

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2297 on: January 08, 2011, 18:03:14 PM »
So glad this thread is up and running again. And that T's up and running again after the flu too  :)

Not so delighted with Tiggy's Mum's comment from the other day I was looking forward to my Chinese takeaway tonight although I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment   ;)

S

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2296 on: January 08, 2011, 17:42:15 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Carol - we all gotta start somewhere......    :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2295 on: January 08, 2011, 15:47:22 PM »
..... little grey said to thank you for being so wonderful with her bottle  :rofl:

:naughty:  My attempts at bottle feeding proved what I've always known - I'm just not cut out for motherhood.  :innocent:  Teresa fed six while I was  struggling with the one and then had to take her off me and do it herself or the poor thing would have starved to death.  :-[

Glad Sunshine was deemed strong enough to have her first vaccination.  Hope she's fine wth it.  :Luv2:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2294 on: January 07, 2011, 21:42:17 PM »
So glad that you are back with us T  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Have missed you and the Paws Inn updates so much xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2293 on: January 07, 2011, 20:08:50 PM »

Am so cross for Grace's sake.  >:(

So you were right Teresa - poor little Sunshine, although I don't think it'll hold her back too much, bless her.  :hug:  I agree with Helen - not very reliable people by the sund of it.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2292 on: January 07, 2011, 20:06:51 PM »
I think its telling that these little CH kittens find their way to you - who better to care for them eh??? ;)

I definitely think there is a little tabby girl on the bridge pointing them all in the right direction! :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2291 on: January 07, 2011, 20:04:05 PM »
Vets went well all vaccs complete and Sunshine has now had her 1st half vacc  but on vets advice we have left out the leukemia part.Annabel, Sophie and Lucy all now booked in for spay and chip next Wednesday.
Hope it goes well
I would be interested to know more about Sunshine and her problems  -OK- have just read back over old updates -poor  little girl but sounds like she's a fighter .
Sunshine is cerebral hypoplasia and fairly severe but not as bad as the late Minimopsical was, she copes well and currently can manage litter tray very well, she will always need to be indoor cat, she does have difficultly climbing and isnt really going to cope with stairs but all things considered she has a good happy life ahead and should cope just fine. We also have Dinky born August another ch kitten.

Would this be any good for the little ones? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,36069.0.html
Thanks Helen but I only use Royal Canin vital milk, fussy old boot arent I

Carol must tell you that it was Kievs ability to give such a wonderful head massage that got him the home  :rofl: going to feel naked in the morning not having him all over me  :rofl:7 dwarfs still being good and getting lots of piddles in tray now, little grey said to thank you for being so wonderful with her bottle  :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2290 on: January 07, 2011, 18:19:35 PM »
Poor little Grace, waiting all that time and then when somebody shows an interest they go and stand her up.  :(  :hug: 

Glad the 7 dwarfs are still behaving themselves.  :hug:  Two pooping in the tray now.  :wow:

I hope Kiev's new slave has plenty of hair and a tough scalp.  :rofl:  (for those who don't know he's adorable and ultra-friendly but likes to use his humans as a climbing frame and when he gets to the top he perches there and has a nibble  :evillaugh:)

Hope the vet visit has gone well and lovely Sunshine was able to have her first vac.  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 18:22:01 PM by CarolM (Wendolene), Reason: posted too soon »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2289 on: January 07, 2011, 17:57:21 PM »
Would this be any good for the little ones? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,36069.0.html

Poor Grace but sounds like she had a lucky escape if they are the type of people who agree to rehome a cat then just don't turn up  >:(

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2288 on: January 07, 2011, 14:58:11 PM »
Hope it goes well
I would be interested to know more about Sunshine and her problems  -OK- have just read back over old updates -poor  little girl but sounds like she's a fighter .
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 15:28:44 PM by Tagalong »
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2287 on: January 07, 2011, 14:43:13 PM »
Awww good to hear the 'dwarfs' are thriving and at least some rehomings, even if not quite as planned!   :Luv2: :Luv2:  Good luck with Sunshine at the vets!  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2286 on: January 07, 2011, 13:59:11 PM »
Well rehomings didnt go quite as expected and Sol and Serena are still here, but Simon and Sunny got the home in their place. Poor Grace`s new owner failed to show but this morning 2 of my muckspots Kiev and Olive have left for their new home. 7 dwarfs are thriving and become more adorable everyday, I am on my 3rd tin of Royal Canin milk already but 7 kittens feeding day and night every 3 hours uses lots of formula. Now got 2 pooping in litter tray bless them.
Taking Annabel and her 3 and Summer for 2nd half vaccs at 5.30 also taking Sunshine in hope that vet will consider her strong enough for first half, she is cerebral hypoplasia and fairly severe.

oops posted in trigger happy way when not intended, must be all the snow  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 14:00:57 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2285 on: January 06, 2011, 18:37:06 PM »
What fabulous updates  :) I spy with my little eye a new grandchild next to cracker the kitten licking dog too  ;D

Am I alone in thinking the litter trained 2 week old's offereing looks like crispy chilli beef from the chinese?!  :sick: :evillaugh:

can't believe you've come out of hospital to 7 bottlefed babies!  well I suppose I can - that Bonnie is my Oscars twin sister!

Bonnie is Lukey's tummy twin too!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2284 on: January 06, 2011, 18:19:14 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Yep - it did indeed make me giggle.   :)

Lovely babies.   :Luv:  And what a darling Cracker is.  ;)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2283 on: January 06, 2011, 17:22:04 PM »
Don't know about Suepoo but made me giggle!!

Do love Cracker , a gentleman of a dog. :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2282 on: January 06, 2011, 17:16:48 PM »
OMG some 'grey babies'!  :Luv2: :Luv2: What a gorgeous photo!  Cracker is a sweetheart isn't he?   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2281 on: January 06, 2011, 16:42:06 PM »
Took a pic today and just knew it would make aunty Suepoo smile, I am a proud proud human today for little kitten age just 2weeks today went to litter tray and left a present, I dont ever recall managing to achieve this at such a young age before.
Also posted pics of staffie dog Cracker who was last night stimulating kitten to toilet for us, just shows how gentle staffies can be in the right hands.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2280 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
 :evillaugh: Those Houdinis will keep you on your toes................. along ith all the others! :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2279 on: January 06, 2011, 09:08:13 AM »
Great to see you back and having fun!!! Lovely photos and update!   (All my icons have vanished so "hugs hugs hugs")

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2278 on: January 06, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »
Bonny is looking lovely and Im glad shes got a new home.
I hope the houdinis are behaving for you
love
Tab

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2277 on: January 06, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »
Please everyone stop worrying about this old boot, I am at my very best when being useful.

We know that.   :hug:  But we can't stop caring any more than you do about the little ones in your care, missus.   ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2276 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
Stayed up all night with bottlefeds and its best nights rest I`ve had in a long time, catnapping is so painless  :rofl: pleased to report that bottlefeds (already been nicknamed the houdinis are doing well), we had awful problem with their poops yesterday but that does seem to be resolving itself now; ok so why the Houdinis I hear you ask,this idiot decided they could start off in a big collapsible pen being as it was already in the living room,in the middle of feeding last night I could hear terrible squealing coming from the kittens who had been fed so said to Rob to check as I was busy feeding others, one little one had stuck his head through the bars and got stuck fast, Rob was panic but as I`ve said before a calm head sorts thing out quicker so after a fair bit of relaxation out he came  :rofl: needless to say babies are now in a smaller pen.I must admit I am really enjoying feeling useful again.
Going out to outside pens for spot of mucking out in a few minutes wonder if I will enjoy that.
Got a very special helper coming today hope she remembers to put card in her camera this time  :rofl:

Please everyone stop worrying about this old boot, I am at my very best when being useful.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2275 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
The Clan are sending purrs and hisses to all at the Inn and special ones for Aunty T who is no doubt up to her armpits in little bottle feeding babies so we ask that you please take care of yourself and no more hospital visits for a while we need our updates on the Inn residents :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2274 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:18 AM »
 :)   Am so pleased Grace has been reserved - and loving the piccie of your little Meerkat  :rofl:

Am so pleased you're home again, and I don't suppose there's any use whatsoever in pleading with you to remain on light duties, but me and The Padster are sending you super duper shnoozles to make sure you start the day off right.  :cat rub:  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2273 on: January 05, 2011, 19:16:57 PM »
How are the Ninjas still there?! They're stunners! :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2272 on: January 05, 2011, 18:36:09 PM »
can't believe you've come out of hospital to 7 bottlefed babies!  well I suppose I can - that Bonnie is my Oscars twin sister!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2271 on: January 05, 2011, 17:02:32 PM »
Feels really good to be home and able to write an update. Been so busy today, have rehomed 2 of Sophies kittens Serena and Sol,and the really good news Grace has been reserved and all being well should be off to her new home tomorrow.
We have been busy settling in the 7 little bottlefeds who have spent the day pooping for England  :rofl:they were evidently born on 23rd Dec so are 2 weeks old so not too difficult.
Sunshine and her gang were so glad to see me last night and today I ventured down to Summerhouse to see Sophie and babies and of course my muckspots who recognised me instantly, they all look really happy and well.
Ninjas also looked happy and well, not been to brick Pens today as I am on light duties but think tomorrow I am back on normal slave labour  :rofl:
Have taken loads of pics this last few weeks will try and post some soon.Couldnt resist this meercat called Simon  :rofl: and a couple of the very scrawny Bonny taken aweek before she left for her new home last week.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #2270 on: January 04, 2011, 13:28:13 PM »
Thanks Daisymac for relaying the update.

I hadn't realised Teresa was in hospital again, tho I see she has been posting today.  Get well soon!  :hug:

Christopher  :Luv: and James  :Luv2: would say hello but they're spark out on their huge cat bed my bed, currently their favourite place.  ;D

:)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2269 on: January 03, 2011, 22:39:43 PM »
Oh god, the poor ginger kitty. I can't believe they were actually going to put it in the boot and thought that was fine! There are some weird people about.

Hope you are feeling stronger T and that you get better soon.

x

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2268 on: January 03, 2011, 20:18:19 PM »
Has anybody else notied that T's posts now say Teresa Pawcats and not account closed?  :yayyy:  :yayyy:  :yayyy: Welcome back T - hope
you'll soon be home at the Inn where you belong.  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2267 on: January 03, 2011, 18:05:12 PM »
Lovely to hear an update Claire-thanks again for that! :hug: :hug:  Sorry to hear T is in hospital again-give her my best wishes if you speak to her or Rob, will you please?  :hug: :hug:

Shame about the ginger stray-the owner was going to put him in the boot???? >:(

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2266 on: January 03, 2011, 17:45:00 PM »
Lovely to get an update, it brought tears to My eyes. Take care of yourself Teresa.

Nicky x

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2265 on: January 03, 2011, 17:17:55 PM »
Glad things are going well at Paws Inn ;D

Hope you are back home soon T , the furries will be missing you :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2264 on: January 03, 2011, 14:41:38 PM »
nice to hear an update - hope this means Teresa is feeling a little better

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2263 on: January 03, 2011, 14:16:41 PM »
Oh my I love these updates but do wish I could do more to help
I hope T and everyone at the Inn is ok
love
Tab

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2262 on: January 03, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
Here is the latest update,  straight from T's hospital bed  :hug: :hug: :hug:

The good news is that Milly is fine, I put her in a cat carrier and took her into the kitchen to get a proper look at her, she demolished a dish of double cream and then asked for more before requesting permission to go outside again.
Tuesday 21st
Muckspots have managed to break one of their big scratching posts in the night, I had a terrible job removing it from their pen while they had the time of their lives bouncing over me and the broken post.
Sophie’s lot think that life in the muckspots pen is wonderful and each morning do their best to join the muckspots, good job I do headcounts.
Bonny had a visit from her new mum today, she met Cracker the dog head on without problem so should be fine when she goes to live with her new dog next Tuesday.
2 very annoying calls from drunkards wanting Christmas kittens late this evening, I am so sick of wasting time fighting these idiots off.
Wednesday 22nd
Another day of snow and paths needing clearing so we could get down to the pens, the kittens think its wonderful and spend hours climbing up to peek at the magical snowflakes falling dancing outside their window.
Friday 24th
Kittens have been good today and allowed me to get on with household chores, I don’t believe I have found time to wash bedroom curtains in between spud bashing and preparing a banquet fit for cats and humans alike . Each year I carefully decide which of our rescues will be given the honour of eating the first slice of turkey, this year I have chosen Sunshine probably because she has fought so hard to reach Christmas and also because she brings the biggest ray of sunshine into every heart she meets.
Saturday 25th
Our Christmas day begins as usual by mucking out all the cat pens and wishing each of our little ones a happy Christmas, sadly there are no presents for the cats this year as vet bills have been high and money is tight, our rescues don’t seem to mind, they have enjoyed a hearty breakfast and know they are loved and of course have roast turkey to look forward to later after Sunshine has passed it fit for the cats.
Each Christmas I make each of my charges a promise that next Christmas they will be in their new forever home, sadly we have a few stragglers that I have failed this year but we keep trying.
Little Sunshine demolished her turkey and more, so did the other cats, a special mention must go to Grace who was so grateful for turkey anyone would think you had given her the moon. Milly the feral has been coming into the kitchen demanding fresh double cream each afternoon and while I’m at it she says “ have you seen how cold it is ? Best feed me an extra sachet  and make it salmon flavour.
Christmas day is a day when our thoughts go out to those loved and lost over the years, too many to mention but Minimopsical, Buster, Cringle, Iris, Cleo and dear Monica all had memorable times here. Thankfully Hettie seems to have taken Wilma under her paw since Monica left and even Milly is being kind to her.
Sunday 26th
Human it seems is useless, after mucking out the summerhouse she collapsed in the snow revealing human flu, you just cant get the staff these days.
Tuesday 28th
Human very ill, Bonny off to new home at 11am. Not surprisingly Bonnys pen was filled by 11.15 by large ginger cat who clucks like a hen, dear me did I really say that ?this flu is bad.
Sunday 2nd January
Human in hospital so I am only able to relay information given that cats are all well and happy. Chuckyegg and his sister Sunflower went to their new home together this morning and Simba the ginger boy was finally claimed, not a penny offered towards his keep and what’s more husband gave a cat carrier away as woman was going to put him in boot, somehow I think this boy will end up in care again.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2261 on: December 22, 2010, 18:51:47 PM »
I dont know how T copes with it all. Im sure I would have had a breakdown before now.
I love hearing the updates
love
Tab

Link to CatChat