Author Topic: missing cat...when do you move on?  (Read 9430 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: missing cat...when do you move on?
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 00:41:13 AM »
:thanks:

All the photos I have of Smudge have too many KB - I'll find out how to shrink the KB size of them and get one posted on Purrs.

I had my bvisit from RSPCA today and had my usual good cry when talking about Smudge.  She was looking at photos I have all over the house and all my cat ornaments - at leasst 100!!!! :wow:

The paperwork will take a while but I've asked her to hurry up as I need to give my love to them and my life and house is empty without a puddy cat.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 22:05:49 PM »
Welcome Mary,

do you have a pic of smudgie? we can all keep a look out then,
im lucky, i have other cats and tho they try, they just arnt sally and dont have the same charactor... its so destroying to your soul...  i think of the good times we had with her, i am a nail technician by trade and she would pop her self on the table with her tail swooshed in the customers face, look and me and maw...., just like she was saying," hi.... my house!",
i love her to bits
with the amount of times we all say" come home furry babies," you would think theyd hear! mentally or something

COME HOME FURRY BABIES, YOUR MOMS NEED YOU!

heres a pic of a friends cat molly thats gone awol.....please keep a look out everyone....++

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
Love the phrase "on a mission without permission".   :rofl: :rofl:

I always worry about the awful people out there BUT in the last 3 months I have realised there are so many cat lovers like myself that are prepared to feed cats they don't know or take them in etc.  One man who phoned me because he thought he's seen my Smudgie was running all around his housing estate after him to catch him for me when I pulled up in my car - unfortunately it wasn't Smudge.  Lots of people do care and I pray that these people are looking after all our missing babies.  Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 11:27:23 AM »
We have 3 missing boys Bandit and Salem went mising on 8 November 2004 and Rio July 2006, all are ID Chipped and changed address's when we moved last year.

I like to think one day they will come home but like to think they are on a mission without permission and they are always in our thoughts and just hope they are being well looked after

Rio is still around but we can't get him in a trap and we feed outside and have a nice band of ferals who seem to like the food but prefer to live outside.
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 10:24:13 AM »
I wish Santa could bring our babies home for Christmas.  Mary

That's so sweet Mary. I really hope that everyone finds their furbabies soon too  :hug:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 01:06:08 AM »
 :welcome: to purrs and am sotrry to hear about your missing cat  :hug:

i hope all goes well with the visit tomorrow cos i know what its like to be catless and for me a few days was too many.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 23:38:58 PM »
I say never.  My Smudge is 13 and went missing 4th Sept 2007.  I cry every night and day.  He never went out for more than 2 hrs and at night slept on the pillow next to mine.  I pray he is ok and not fretting too much. My 1st cat lived to be 26 but she went missing for 3 mths when she was 11 and just came back of her own accord. I have done everything humanely possible to find him and now I must help myself.  I have a home visit tomorrow from the RSPCA so I can foster cats.  I live on my own and have no children and I need more than being able to visit my friends animals.  Good luck to everyone who has a missing cat.  I wish Santa could bring our babies home for Christmas.  Mary

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 23:35:38 PM »
i would consider fostering as i have lots of love to give, most of my cats have been unwanted and a coupke have been head cases to...!  but with my two dogs, two, nice kind quiet  kids  four cats(mostly back of the house /out door cats) would i be considered? i also take in unwanted rabbits but through a very kind lady called ange at barnsly rabbit rescue, ive managed to rehome a few! i got bombarded when darren began building my bunny haven!
this is jesse and penny our 10 yr old rescue cases from thornberry, had the since small, they are also my babies!

if you think i can help, let me know!
++

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 22:07:33 PM »
Maybe you could consider fostering. If the right cat found itself at your home, you may have found a friend for Sally should she come back. In the meantime you would be helping a number of needy felines.

I always think of you and your Sally when I pop up to do the website updates and I wonder how many of the cats in pens are "Sallys" themselves who just wandered a little too far. At least if that did happen, she's most likely nestling up to a fireplace somewhere.

I hope you find a balance and do whatever feels right  :)
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 21:51:08 PM »
You know we are always here if you want to chat and sometimes being with another cat can help  :hug:

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 21:40:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for your time and understanding
My head says let go but my heart says not yet,so its difficult.
i live in a built up area backing on to a park, (with foxes) which im told could attack a cat.. sally was mostly always in tho even though the other cats come and go, mostly rescue cases ive took in or strays i feed she was more homely.

i kind of let go a bit relax and think leave it to fate and then something weird happens, like,my boy joe finds a fur ball belonging to sally under his bed when ive hoovered through the house half a million times since she went!

or the other week (after a heart to heart with mum about it as shes concerned pining isnt doing me good), i said a prayer  (not overly religious except when i want something..unfair i know!) and asked that if sally was in heaven then could i see in a dream, my nanan with her and then id no...as nanan passed a few years ago and i dream of her regularly, instead that night i had a dream where sally just wandered on to my garden at feedtime with the other cats, i had this over whelming love feeling as i picked her up and slung her over my left shoulder snuggling my face in to her warm fluffy fur, which is something we did quite a bit when she was home, in the dream she was purring like mad and i felt a happy and warm flood of feelings and then i woke up,id been sobbing in my sleep but i felt happy too, even tho i didnt get the dead or alive answer i was looking for i felt she was trying to tell me she was happy, its just the not knowing as youve said, it drives you up the wall.

im thinking of contacting a psychic person or something, i think i need closure, if thats possible, just wish that dream would come true.

i had a poss sighting other week,on some waste ground between housing estates.  it wasnt her, was this massive more black fat boy! beautiful and very loving,couldnt have been stray! i asked him for a cuddle popping him over my shoulder sally style.... it was the best snuggle ever, thanks for that, stay safe puss ++

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 15:11:45 PM »
I know exactly how you feel and this is something that I have been thinking about recently as well. My baby Tigger has been missing since the beginning of April and I haven't had any sightings of her now for several months. I'm still going out trapping just not as frequently as I was to start with (partly due to the weather up here).

I think in my heart I am slowly starting to accept that with the weather up here that she may not still be around and if she is still ok out there then maybe I should leave her where she is if she's happy but equally I don't want Tigger or anyone else thinking that I don't love her anymore by stopping trapping. The forest that she is in is the one where I take Bilbo for walks and I regularly have to drive past it and it is just so hard. It might seem a weird thing to do but I say hello to her every time I drive past. It breaks my heart every time I go there but yet I feel close to her there.

This might sound absolutely awful but if I knew she was at the bridge then it would be 'easier' in a way as I'd be able to grieve and move on and not to be in a constant state of worry about how cold it is and the type of coat she's got and whether she's eating enough etc. It's the not knowing that is the worst.

Even if I don't find her I just hope she knows how much I love and miss her and that she'll always be Mummy's little baby girl.

:hug: :hug: to everyone with a missing furbaby and I hope that we have some happy endings in time for Christmas.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 15:13:09 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »
It is a tricky one, but having never been there I can only advise that I would be giving a home to a wee lost kitty within a couple of months, but still hoping my darling babe might come home some time.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 12:02:55 PM »
Thats a difficult one -
I have a furbaby that has been missing for 4yrs, no sightings, no clues, NOTHING - he just disappeared into thin air !

In my heart i feel he is at the Bridge BUT there is always that small glimmer of hope that he is somewhere well and being looked after....

So i guess what i am saying is you never really give up hope but there comes a time when you let go of the daily searching and move on.....When though is up to you hun xxxxxx

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
I think that you will know in your heart when the time is right to start winding down on your search - whether this means tomorrow or next year - it does not matter. I completely understand what everyone on purrs is going through when they have a little one gone on a big adventure. You have feelings of high hope and then you hit rock bottom where you just cannot think straight. I have the same thoughts as joanne and claire that it would be OK if someone else has taken them in - but then this still does not console me - I just want my cat home. My heart is not telling me to give up - my search is moving further afield - I just keep thinking that the next poster, leaflet through a letterbox or phone call will lead to my tike coming home.

We have taken in a new addition. Spookie was found as a stray and we just could not bear to leave her out in the cold - very thin and hungry. She is settling in well and will be a great friend for Phoebe.

My thoughts are with everyone on Purrs who has a furbabe AWOL and wishing for their safe return.

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 09:33:11 AM »
Claire,
i've been looking for over a year now for my missing Bailey, but it's what ever you think is best; since Bailey has been gone we have a new addition (Alfie) he's 7 months old now, and gets along well with Pizza, and Lou-Lou....but what i hope is that Bailey comes back home because i no in my heart he is out there somewhere, and if he was to return he would have a new friend to see, anyway my point is it's up to you to decide whens the right time to move on, only you know best for your cat
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006
Gosport, Hampshire have you seen him?
Neuteured Male, 3 yrs old (now)
Tabby, white under chin, missed very much, our Bailey!

Alfie, Lu-Lu...
muchly missed Bailey and Pizza

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 00:32:31 AM »
Hi Claire, I am sorry she has been missing for so long and this is an almost impossible question to answer.

In theory she could just walk in any day cos cats have re-appeared after years but I think you have to decide whether maybe its time to think about a friend for her, should she come home.

There are some on Purrs curently who have been looking for their cats for a long time and some have had sightings, others not.

Everyone feels differently and I have luckily not been in your situation but know that I could not live without a cat, so probably would have by now got another furry friend and then kept on hoping that my first one still came home.

You know what type of area you live in, whether there are fields and wildlife , or loads of houses where someone may have taken her in and maybe have a gut feeling what may have happened.

I am sorry I cant give you real advice cos this is such an indiviual thing.

I do hope you find her  :hug: :hug:

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
missing cat...when do you move on?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 00:22:33 AM »
My Sally's been missing since 1st aug this year with no sightings but no conformed run overs either,
ive checked far and wide, done all the usual stuff,
my question is,when do you rest, say "thats all i can do" and accept that you may never get the closure you think you want, that this subject may be left with out a happy ending...
i just think im ok, then i see something that belonged to her or one of my kids say something about her and im a wreck again. joe and erin are 6 and 4 and just dont understand, they even had me but one of those fur real moggs in white that purrs to kinda relace her a bit, bless em! they miss her so
When does it become apparent that your missing mog isnt coming back, for whatever reason, will it ever get any easier and if i rest, will i be betraying her, will she somehow, think i dont love her enough to wait....or that im not doing enough, im so desperate!

Link to CatChat