Author Topic: Riley's heart (was Lucas & Riley being neutered tomorrow)  (Read 17068 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Lucas & Riley being neutered tomorrow
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 09:11:43 AM »
Good luck little boys - thinking of you today Helen, it will be Raffikis turn in a few weeks and I just know Im going to be a bundle of nerves
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

ccmacey

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
Good luck for today, I'm sure all will be ok. Wow havent they grown so quick  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 06:38:58 AM »
good luck Lucas and Riley

Luv smidgen

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 00:54:35 AM »
good luck boyses!!!!  you'll never miss them i'm sure  ;)    if youre anything like my jasper you wont even notice anything happened!!!!

(but the odd sad eyes will get you even more spoilt from you mummy tom evening!!!!  :evillaugh: )

good luck helen!!!!!  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 23:13:20 PM »
Good luck tomorrow, I am sure it will go fine and they will be back jumping around like nothing had happened  ;D

It all depends what time they will be operated on and I was always allowed to feed Kocka right up to about midnight, dont think I was ever told to take her water away but cant remember.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 22:18:11 PM »
All the best for the boys for tomorrow :hug:

I don't blame you going to work Helen,when my cuddles got done 2 weeks ago I was a wreck and I took the whole week off,I shouldn't of taken the day of the op off because I was worried sick at home and theres only so much cleaning you can do :rofl:  plus daytime tv is anything but good : :rofl:

Love me,love my animals.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 21:09:59 PM »
Will be thinking of the boys tomorrow, and you too Helen! The worrying is always there even when you know it's a routine op but they'll be home to you in no time and will be so pleased to see you they'll not hold it against you!

x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 18:11:46 PM »
ive always been told to hold water back after 7am thats with a 8.30am app!

The boys will be great.....last male i had done didnt even have stitches, he was great and i picked him up at 2pm that day  ;D

"Good luck" Lucas & Riley anyway  :)

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 17:38:46 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow. I have never been told to withhold water though before an op.

me neither..

helen i know the boys will be absolutely fine and gives them an excuse to get loads of extra cuddles, kisses, treats, dairylea blobs, etc :rofl:

what time you collecting them at?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 17:29:05 PM »
I think there was a similar thread recently. I always feed mine up til my bedtime - I think Lynn agreed this is OK and the old recommendations are a bit obsolete. Maybe its me but I wpouldn't lie to deny them food for so long - especially growing young boys  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 17:18:36 PM »
That sounds similar to what I get told - although i think I usually get told it's ok to feed them until a bit later the night before.  I used to feed supper about 9pm and when Jaffa had his dental and Mosi his neutering I was ok to feed them that as normal but nothing after that.  I suppose it depends on what time they're doing the op though - my vets doesn't open til 9am and it would probably be later in the day after morning surgery when the op was actually carried out.

Mosi sends sympathetic hugs to Lucas and Riley but tells them not to worry.  He was back to his normal self as soon as he got home but he says it's a great opportunity to demand something special for tea and lots of extra cuddles.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 17:13:53 PM »
{{{{{{LUCAS & RILEY}}}}}}  :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 16:55:15 PM »
Sam took the words out of my mouth (not for the first time!).

When the boys are back home and have recovered, how about we throw a little party in their honour?

:Luv:

Hmmn, now that's not a bad idea Christine  ;)  I'm sure I have got some little party hats somewhere that might fit them, will have to hunt them out and maybe take a little pic  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 16:54:00 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow. I have never been told to withhold water though before an op.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 16:41:47 PM »
Sam took the words out of my mouth (not for the first time!).

When the boys are back home and have recovered, how about we throw a little party in their honour?

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 16:40:20 PM »
oh Helen I totally understand your worries but I'm sure the boys will be fine.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 16:39:38 PM »
Sounds like what my vets usually tell me - mind you it has been a while since i had one that young...

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 16:38:44 PM »
Yep sounds right. Before Lexy went under general food was taken away at 8pm and water through the night but no more from 6am.

:hug: to the boys! We'll be thinking of them. xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Riley's heart (was Lucas & Riley being neutered tomorrow)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 16:36:30 PM »
Lucas and Riley and getting snipped and chipped tomorrow, I've not taken the day off work as I think I will probably be better off at work as otherwise I will have too much time on my hands to worry about them.  I know it's a simple routine op but I can't help worrying about something going wrong, as the date has drawn closer everytime I think about it I get a sinking feeling in my stomach  :scared:

I've explained to the boys (yes, :Crazy: I know) what will happen and I'm also going to ask if they can share a cage pre-op so hopefully they won't be as scared if they have each other.  Riley is going to have an X-ray while he is under re his panting, when he had his ultrasound and failed ECG the vet said that she didn't think there was anything wrong with him but that we may aswell take the opportunity to do an X-ray while he is under anaesthetic as that would be the only other test outstanding.

I asked the receptionist about when to last feed them, she said they could have their tea at the normal time (7pm) the night before and to take water away at around 6:30am.  They are going in at 8am so does this sound about right?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 19:53:41 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat