Author Topic: Royal Canin satiety (weight management) biscuits  (Read 2178 times)

Offline davidn

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Bella
Re: Royal Canin satiety (weight management) biscuits
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 14:29:07 PM »

Hi, so you have kept her wet food the same, and just changed the dry she used to have to weight biscuits? Have you discussed this with your vet?

Her wet food has been slightly reduced by about 10% - hardly noticeable.
She used to have dry biscuits that had no weight-reducing factor and I have now changed to Royal Canin ones.
No, I have not discussed this matter with any vet. I was hoping that someone here might have experience of using
Royal Canin weight management biscuits.
I have given all the information I possibly can.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 14:06:05 PM »
Hi, so you have kept her wet food the same, and just changed the dry she used to have to weight biscuits? Have you discussed this with your vet?
Please spay your cat

Offline davidn

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 13:53:51 PM »
What food did your cat eat before being put on diet food? Did they eat wet, dry or a mix?

If I itemize the situation, hopefully it will be clearer:

(1)The main food of my cat (an indoor cat) is, and has always been, wet pouch food.
(2)She has always had some biscuits as treats twice a day - about 10am and 6pm.
(3)I have changed these biscuits to Royal Canin satiety weight management biscuits.
(4)She has suddenly started drinking water before she goes to bed 10.30-11pm. Not surprisingly, she also wets in her litter
tray more.

My question is: Can Royal Canin satiety weight management biscuits make a cat thirsty?

Is there anyone who can answer this please? There really isn't anything else I can say. I just want to know if
anyone has noticed their cat drinking more when given or changed to this particular Royal Canin biscuit?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 12:48:42 PM »
What food did your cat eat before being put on diet food? Did they eat wet, dry or a mix?
Please spay your cat

Offline davidn

• Kitten
Royal Canin satiety (weight management) biscuits
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 10:59:01 AM »
Does anyone know (for certain, preferably) whether Royal Canin satiety (weight management) biscuits are likely to make a cat thirsty or consume more water than usual, please?

Link to CatChat