Author Topic: Marley Moo  (Read 7085 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Marley Moo
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 12:55:55 PM »
Glad it isn't cancer, but not heard of that unfortunately. As R says, as long as you get the lowest dose, it does minimise the risks, but I would do regular bloods to monitor it. Molly ended up on 2 half tablets a week and was on them for 3.5 years. That's really good news R.
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2019, 22:44:23 PM »
Sky has been on steroids for the past 2 years, we are now down to 2.5mg on alternate days (she started on 5mg daily). We got a bit panicked about diabetes last year but it was a false alarm. The vet says that it would just be a case of stopping the steroids if she did become diabetic.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2019, 21:01:07 PM »

No experience of Marleys condition BUT ....

Prednisone steroids are excellent treatment for all sorts of conditions Tan but long term use can have serious side effects e.g. diabetes HOWEVER everything a question of balancing risks.  Yes? 

I helped a stray for sometime with a serious skin condition and worried myself sick about causing diabetes with regular steroid jabs.  All I can say is vet was quite relaxed about their use due the incredible effect on that boys skin and that he showed no other signs of being af risk from diabetes.  We were just very careful to not overuse.

Understand this drug can also lower resistance to infection if taken over long enough period of time.

Am sure your vets will ensure the lowest dose for your boy to manage his condition with least possibility of adverse effects.  Have everything crossed for improvement in your beautiful boys condition.

Did I say my neighbours 17 year old hyperT boy Red (could be Marls twin) refuses  to accept the terminal diagnosis he had in August last year.  Lump in his tummy not growing anywhere near as quickly as vet thought it might.  He looks brilliant. 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 14:10:52 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 20:37:36 PM »
Can’t find anyone on net with experience of it
Only med vet abstracts most info is

Plexiform vascularization of lymph nodes or Pvln
This disorder is characterized by marked enlargement of a single cervical, retropharyngeal, or inguinal lymph node.
Cats do not have symptoms of systemic disease.
Histology reveals the lymphocytes in the node have been replaced by proliferation of the capillaries.
The lymphadenopathy does not resolve, but surgical excision of the node is curative and remaining nodes remain normal. 

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 19:46:22 PM »
Thanks Liz  :hug:

Is there any side effects to the steroids? They are called prednisolone.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 19:42:58 PM »
Hi

Thanks everyone  :hug:

Well kate vet lady rang. It seems they had two paththolagists look and recheck the biopsy tissue. There is no cancerous cells nor bacteria or any infection of the lymph node. It’s a benign lump.
They said it’s a rare illness called plexiform vascularization of lymph nodes.  :-:
The vets have not seen this before.
Going to try steroids on Friday for a week and see if it reduces the lump. Reason we have to wait till Friday is you can’t give steroids with metacam anti inflammatory drug which he had last dose Friday.

The lab said you can have lump removed by removing the gland but vet is very against that as the gland protects against bacteria and there is a lot of blood cells and nerves in his throat.

Gowd knows if the steroids will work or not and don’t know if the lump will get bigger.

Anybody heard of this ?
Xxxx
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 19:47:15 PM by Tan »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 19:36:04 PM »
Sending good vibes for Marley and hugs for his worried parents Tan and Chappie x

Speaking from the angle of the parent who has been through this with two of my boys Brady who had a tumour we couldn't remove or his jaw would have crumbled he went on loving life for a further 5 years from diagnosis and we gently put him to sleep when his back legs went not the tumour and currently we have Jester whose tumour is internal on his jaw, he had a stroke 3 years ago and we couldn't operate and due to to other issues he is on Depomedrin steroid injections every 3 to 4 weeks and is doing fine he walks like he has had one or two sherbets to many and throws his food everywhere but is happy and apart from those issues a happy tabby boy who the vet advises has outlived all expectations and I like to think Clan magic and liquidised food keeps him with us he is now nearly 13
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 13:18:55 PM »
Fingers crossed for good results Tan. Glad he seems ok in himself.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 06:58:26 AM »

Tan.   :hug: :hug:  Try not to pre-judge.  We all do, but it drives us insane.  Lots of love to all of you and positive thoughts for today. 

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2019, 23:32:07 PM »
Hiya  :hug:
Thanks for all the MarMoo cuddles  :Luv:

Well he seems ok.  Had a post op check on sat, terrified as usual, but stitches doing a good job  no infections and tonight his op wounds are healing well. He has a good appetite but still making hard gulping sounds with lymph node lump in throat. Cold nose, shiny fur, up and about as usual except it’s hot so sleeping a it more out of the sun.
Hopefully get the dreaded biopsy results tomorrow. I don’t quite understand how the biopsy can reveal any more than the fine needle fingy test which showed non cancerous and no abnormal cells.
This test
“Lymph node aspirates (fluid) will also be taken for microscopic (cytologic) examination. Abnormal tissue growth, tumors (neoplasia), and fungal infections can also be confirmed via cytologic examination of lymph node aspirates.”

I wonder if it’s cause the needle test was fluid and the biopsy tissue?

I prob shouldn’t be reading on the net but it’s says the lymph lump is a reaction to an infection or cancer.
Fingers crossed
Xxxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2019, 06:42:10 AM »

Yes, how's he doing Tan?  Hoping that he's good and chipper and not bothered about his stitches.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 23:06:25 PM »
How is Marley Moo now Tan? :Luv: And Garf, of course. :Luv2:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 22:43:15 PM »

Sending every possible good vibe for your darling boy Tan
 :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Elsa and Noni both had the baby grow.  Worked better for Elsa with stitches in side due to her spay op.  Less well to try and prevent Noni kicking abscess on her neck so imagine good idea for Marley due to stitches site xxxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 06:44:14 AM »

Topping up the soothing vibes for Marley-Moo.   :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 13:10:39 PM »
Glad he is through it OK, fingers crossed for the results. Wow, didn’t know PetPlan could log on and see vet notes! Maybe that’s why my vets have a new system. Good they do drips as standard over the age of 8. The bandage on his leg should just be like we would put a plaster on to stop bleeding after an injection, so you should be able to take it off anytime, although they don’t generally like it. Lucy’s was hiding a pain patch so had to be done at the vet, no problem with us looking at her wound, but she nearly drew blood trying to get the bandage off, vet had to use some long arm forceps to do it! Not had to use a Babygro, my vet uses glue, so even when Lucy had her hip op, she didn’t need anything!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 06:35:16 AM »

I'd be inclined to leave his bandage in place until Saturday, but if it works its way off in the meantime, don't fret, just keep an eye on the paw, to make sure no signs of swelling or inflammation around the site.

He looks a bit dejected - or maybe bewildered is the more accurate word, but it is a very fetching little bandage.  And he'll be much better off without his fatty lump on his back. 

Got everything crossed for the other biopsy result.  Gentle scritches for Marley Moo.  And for Garf, so's he doesn't feel left out.   :cat rub: :catlove2:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 19:46:20 PM »
He’s home has eaten cause he said he was starvin  :innocent:
Sniffing about a lot and not settling yet. Garf just walked up to him sniffed his bum and walked off so that’s usual  :briggin:

He keeps doin flicky foot as he no like the bandage on his leg from drip. It doesn’t actually say in the after care notes how long to leave that on for? Presume leave for three days when he goes back for checkup Sat.

He’s looking a bit sorry for himself.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 19:45:06 PM »
Glad he is back home, never had a Babygro, the Clan usually get a comfy collar although we have had the last two ladies Baccardi and her snake bite and Ariel of the partial tail amputation both had stitches but left well alone

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 19:15:32 PM »
Tan, that all sounds very reassuring and Kate sounds first rate.  :wow:

Rosella's experienced the babygro thing.  Ask her about it.   :evillaugh:  Noni had one.  She looked so sweet (or was it Elsa....?) 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 17:36:00 PM »
I'm glad that things went well for your lad, I hope he is back home before you read this Tan  :hug:

No, I haven't personally encountered the babygro but I have heard of it.

Liz, you certainly do get a good discount - I have paid £100 extra for the drip in the past!  :Crazy:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 15:35:57 PM »
Thanks  :hug:

Agreed Sue Gowd knows how Liz does it with soo many furkids. Just one being terrified staring at me or i’m Hungry face upsets me.

So he went In and scared as ell shaking  :(  Kate is a lovely caring vet and she came to see him personally for the drop off instead of nurse. I asked about the drip and they do that for every cat over 8 :)
She gave me a hug when I left and said she look after him like her own cat.  :Luv:

Rang me about 2 and he’s out and sleeping but all went well. Fatty back lump has gone, they are keeping it for 6 months just incase for sample. Not heard of that before. I 1st thought she was going to give it back to me :-:

Has taken biopsy of jaw lymph gland lump and will get results in a week to know what to treat it with. Had a look look down his throat. They don’t like to take the lymph gland out as it protects against bacteria.

Will be picking him up at 5 and she will go over it all in detail then.  They are putting a baby grow type thing on him so he doesn’t touch his back stitches. Never had that before has anyone?

Thanks Des, It seems as petplan can log on and see their notes they will class it as two sep conditions. I am lucky with Garf as he eats dry food that Marley won’t touch so he still had his last night or I would of had tapper tapper both sides of face  :shocked:

Thanks for all your support soooo much appreciated. Bag of bloomin nervous  :scared: :Crazy:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 15:40:05 PM by Tan »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
Hope everything goes well Tan, it’s a shame the vet can’t word it in a way that it is classed as one condition, but they clearly think PetPlan won’t agree with that. If you forgot the claim form when you dropped him off, you’ll be able to drop it off when you collect him. I was lucky with Tom, he wouldn’t eat Whiskas regardless of how hungry he was, so I could always feed the others and starve him! I have left some of the foster cats at the vets the night before, mainly mum cats so kittens didn’t get starved.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 09:03:57 AM »
We shut any kids to be denied food overnight in our catroom with water fountain and cat box insitu saves a lot of drama over the others starving to death x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
 :tired: 

It's heartbreaking - that look they give you.  That "hey - you forgottun me!"   :-:    It drives a stake through your heart every time.  Liz, I dunno how you manage that x 100 fold

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 07:19:11 AM »
 :thanks: :hug:

I agree Paula I think the vet thinks petplan will treat it as two conditions is cause the 1st lump on back appeared two years ago and jaw lump month ago but as I am hoping they are both fatty lumps I would of thought same condition. We shall see

Thanks  I will ask nursey to put him on drip.

Gosh I am a bad mum, 3am and marl is starvin, tapper tapper on face for food  :innocent: then every half hr after, I am currently hiding in bathroom  :briggin:as can’t give him anything. Leaving at 8.20 so only another hour more in here  :rofl:

Xxx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 06:35:14 AM »
Tan just tell the vet nurse you want him on a drip. they do shave leg for that don't want you to have any worrying Mummy moments

We pay an extra fiver for the drip but we do have a good discount

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 05:46:02 AM »

I agree with Paula but insurers are a law entirely to themselves Tan, so wouldn't surprise me.  I'd take your forms with you and they can do what they need at their end.

More to the point, I know you'll be worrying like crazy, so sending you, Chaptan and of course our beautiful Marley-moo lots of love and a warm handclasp.  Xxx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 00:39:24 AM »
If two lumps, same condition, without prior pre existing condition, should be the same one, not two charges. IMHO

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 21:57:43 PM »
 :rofl: furkid names with M all end up being called Moo!

tomorrow’s the day, nil by mouth now and he does eat some dry at night usually so he gonna he hungey.

Thanks Liz, do I have a word with the nurse that takes him in tomorrow am and ask to be put on drip?  ie They won’t mormalky do it unless asked? 

I will be claiming on insurance first ever time making a claim. Vet has said petplan will treat the two lumps as different conditions so two excess. Vets can claim direct. Do I take the ins forms in when I drop him or when I collect him. Forgot to ask vets.  :innocent:

Hugs to everyone and all furkids
  Xxxxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 18:49:53 PM »

And we call Malt, Malty-moo.  :shy:

Will be sending the strongest possible vibes for Marley for Wednesday Tan.  Please keep us posted xxx

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 18:26:14 PM »
Liz's wise words echoed Tan. The bestest of wishes for him.  Also apologies, I called him Merli Moo, that is what I call Merlin. :-[

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 14:42:23 PM »
Tan my advice is put him on a drip during the procedure my oldies always recover better and faster it costs a little extra but so worth it, in fact we now do it as a standard on any ops OH has noticed yet but I feel it is worth it

Good luck for Wednesday x

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 14:40:11 PM »
Hiya Thanks  :hug:

I used a tick remover where you get the head and twist to get rid of nasty Kreachure  :sick: but didn't realise i had left a very small part of the head in his skin  :scared: and he was at the time on stronghold so ticks wernt normally a problem.
They are both on Bravecto 3 monthly since a year ago as stronghold started not to work  with flea protection.

Getting nervious now as Weds is fast aproaching  :scared:  Its not just what they will find for his jaw lump but also the anisthetic at his age of 12.  :scared:
He is soooo terified of the vets, they are going to give him a seditive straight away and do his op 1st so he can come home asap.

:hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
I remember OH coming home with a huge tick once (he had been moving boss's muck heap from one side of yard to the other). I made him sleep in the spare room and then go to our practice nurse the next day  :-[ Didn't have the remover thingies in those days!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 05:59:30 AM »

They're vile.  We have a tick lasso we bought when we had Tess.  When we used to go walking in Scotland she used to pick up deer ticks.  They turn my stomach.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 15:59:12 PM »
I have one of the tick hooks too. I also took one into work as I had a steady stream of people with ticks resenting one year. I detest ticks!  >:(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 20:39:59 PM »
I sincerely hope it is just a fatty lump, but my vet sells a tick getter outer for about three quid, you put it across the neck of the tick, turn it anti clockwise and the head comes out, alternatively you could try using Stronghold as if you live in a tick area that Marli Moos goes out in it will stop them attaching in the first place. Always worth getting as they are so easy to use and get the head as well. it may be worth getting bloods done, I was reading in the surgery today that apart from Lyme, which I knew about, there another three diseases that cat's can get from ticks that I had never heard of. :(

I hope that helps. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 09:45:56 AM »

I hope it’s just another fatty lump and they remove it cause he ain’t too happy, won’t eat his fav treat prawns even cut up small.
So worrying as you will all know.  :scared:

Anyone still in contact with Lesley (was eight lives left rescue) we adopted Marl from Les 12 years ago July oh gosh how time flys!  :-:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 13:10:35 PM »
Fingers crossed
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 11:20:56 AM »
What a worry for you Tan! I am sending lots of healing vibes your way ~~~~ and hope that your lovely boy has nothing serious going on  :hug:

Link to CatChat