Author Topic: Marley Moo  (Read 7094 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Marley Moo
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »
I haven't Tan, but I know this will be nibbling at you.  :hug: :hug:   I can scarcely believe Marley is 12, as it seems like only yesterday when he joined you.

I have got everything crossed here that there will be nothing to worry about, and that his procedure goes as smoothly as possible.

Sending very gentle ear scritches for Marley.   :Luv: :Luv:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Marley Moo
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:35:22 AM »
Hoping all goes well x

We had Bailey with the lump it was drained and then finally removed and never came back

Jaw tumours we have had both external - Brady and internal Jester

Brady's started as a lump and we did all the tests and it was slow growing but in the middle of his jaw at the mouth opening so we let it be and vets said 6 months, 5 glorious years later he died of other issues and still had the tumour

Jester had a stroke 3 years ago and was diagnosed last year with an internal tumour which again is slow growing but due to the stroke we couldn't do anything so he is on Depomedrine steroid injections for it and his teeth and is still going strong and long may it continue x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Marley Moo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 05:39:20 AM »
Marl Moo (12 yrs old)  is in for op next Weds 🥺

Back in April 2017 Marl had a very small lump on his back which was a very small bit of a tick left after I removed it. Didn’t realise a bit was still under his skin 😮  when he went in for his checkup nice lady vet removed it and cleaned it. But a lump stayed and started to fill with fatty fluid. Been going to vet regularly to check it and advised not to do anything as not dangerous. He’s not bothered by it at all.
So it has been growing to size of ping pong ball, soft and movable and he has been having it drained every 3 months. They advise now to have it removed.
Also about 3 weeks ago I found another lump under his jaw and he is gulping hard when he purrs and when he eats sometimes. So straight to vet. They took cell sample with fine needle and the results came back week later - non cancerous and no abnormal cells. all teeth and gums ok, no temperature, no infection.
So after a 2 weeks on metacam lump still there not grown at all.
Today after checkup for next step, he is booked in to have back lump removed, camera down throat to check all is ok and a biopsy taken on jaw lump.
Anyone had any experience of a lymph gland lump under jaw? Looking on net, It’s says there must be an underlining condition causing it but what could it be?
Vet says will take full bloods as well but she is certain not fiv or felv etc
X

Link to CatChat