Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Hello
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2019, 05:35:28 AM »

.... and chimneys blocked up  :shify:

Was just telling our builder yesterday why it is that our numbers don't reduce when we lose a much loved feline friend.  They are certainly never replaced as that is impossible but new lives welcomed into a home serve as an excellent distraction after suffering a loss .... all the more when newbies are so young.

Look forward to seeing pics of the newbies  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
:need pics:   :briggin:

Welcome back Kim, I look forward to getting to know your new family members  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2019, 06:45:24 AM »

Just so, Liz.  Never a "replacement for".  Always an opportunity in their own right to make new discoveries, forge new companionship and make a loving difference to another life.  :hug: :hug:

Just remember to keep the loo seat down, and the washing machine door firmly shut.   ;)  Beware flying kittens, and you should survive.   :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2019, 06:37:47 AM »
Just remember they never replace our loved and lost they just make our hearts bigger and put smiles back on our faces and they have a wonderful home and will soon have you whipped in to shape x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2019, 05:48:05 AM »

The first few months are insufferably difficult until we remember how to breathe.

Am So pleased you've been able to open your home and your heart to two babies who needed a loving place to live.   :)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2019, 02:04:43 AM »
Very glad to see you back Kim, and with your new Furbabies. :wow: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2019, 01:09:14 AM »
LOOK FORWARD TO THE PICS AND HOPE THAT THEY ENTERTAIN ALL OF YOU :hug:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Toffee and Lulu
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2019, 23:03:46 PM »
IT'S BEEN 6 WEEKS AND I AM STILL STRUGGLING. MISS MY BABY BOY SO MUCH. IT IS SO HARD I NEARLY LOST THE PLOT. LULU MISSES TOFF I THINK. WE HAVE 2 NEW BABY GIRLS A LITTLE MANX WHITE AND TABBY BITS DOLL CALLED DAISY AND A LITTLE BLACK GIRL WINNIE WHO ARE ABOUT 12 WEEKS AND ARE THE SWEETEST LITTLE ANGELS THEY NEEDED A HOME AND FAMILY. THEY ARE KEEPING MY LULU ENTERTAINED AND ME BUSY. GOING TO TRY TO ORGANISE PHOTOS TO POST FROM TABLET. HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING OK. 💕

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2019, 15:01:19 PM »
 :care: :cuddle:  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2019, 10:22:02 AM »
Thanks for messages and your kindness. We have been looking in but if I try to write something about my Toffee I am off again in floods. I will be back but the pain is just too overwhelming. 💕

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2019, 23:47:15 PM »
I don't know if you're looking in, but you are in my thoughts.

Sweet dreams Kim. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2019, 22:52:57 PM »
You know where we are, and always here for you and Lulu. :care: :care: :care: :care: :blow kiss:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2019, 17:13:54 PM »
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT FOR ME TIFF & LULU. LULU AND ME ARE STRUGGLING SEEMS LIKE EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY WITHOUT TOFFEE. WE WILL COME BACK TO THE GROUP BUT IT MAY TAKE US A LITTLE WHILE TO PROCESS EVERYTHING. 💕

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2019, 05:46:44 AM »

Kim, I'm deeply sorry.  Nothing we can say will ease that dreadful feeling of loss.  But we share what you're going through.  Many of us know just how painful it is.

Toffee, bask in the sunshine and breathe easily in the rainbows.  You're so loved xxxx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2019, 23:31:43 PM »
Kim, I'm so sorry that Toffee has had to leave you  :hug: RIP little man, play hard at the Bridge and send your meowmy a rainbow when you have learned how.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2019, 22:44:27 PM »
So sorry Kim, so very difficult for you, please know that we respect your need to grieve and will be here if you wish to return. I sincerely hope that you  will. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Play hard on Rainbow Bridge darling Toffee. :RIP:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2019, 22:31:19 PM »

Oh Kim  :'( :'(  I'm so very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:

Toffee was such a very beautiful boy who was adored and cared for with so much love.  It was good that you let him go whilst under GA. 

I know the feeling of emptiness you'll be feeling only too well.  Lulu will hopefully accept his departure better if she sees him.  So hard.  Be kind to yourself  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2019, 16:00:49 PM »
Thinking of you at this very sad time, I have lost 2 this year and know that your heart will be broken in to a thousand pieces x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2019, 15:49:53 PM »
I had to let him go under GA this morning. It has ripped me apart. He had 2 masses likely lymphoma and his trachea was being constricted. I have him at home with me wrapped in a blanket in his favourite spot on the bed and we're cuddling and I'm talking to him before I take him back tomorrow for cremation. Wanted Lulu to see where he was. She won't come near him or me or even into the room. I am beyond devastated so may not be able to talk for a while but thank you all for your advice and kindness in the last few weeks. 💕 my heart is broken

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2019, 06:43:08 AM »
    Wise words, but it's very hard. Been there, done it, on one occasion held on a bit longer than I should have done, which tortures me         

Me too, Paula.  It's a cripplingly difficult decision to judge.  I wish I had let Paddy go months before I did, as I made his end so much more difficult, unnecessarily.  Haunts me too.  Appreciate however that doesn't help our feelings in the moment.  Cats are so much better at that than we are.

Whatever happens, Kim, know that we're with you in spirit, and supporting you.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2019, 22:23:33 PM »
Thinking of you, your family, Toffee and Lulu. :hug: :hug: :hug: Wise words, but it's very hard. Been there, done it, on one occasion held on a bit longer than I should have done, which tortures me, I do know what you are going through, but in the end you have to do the best thing you can by Toff.

I am so sorry not to be more positive, BUT you have given him the best of care, as Sue says, he is being 'Cat', as long as he is being 'Cat' enjoy his presence in your life, take loads of photos and celebrate him simply being.

Cats don't think like us, they embrace the moment. If he is happy, that is the main thing. :Luv: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I really feel for you Kim. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 22:11:17 PM »
I'm so sorry Kim :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2019, 19:56:27 PM »

Am sorry Kim. 

Better to consider letting him go sooner, rather than when his suffering is much worse.  I'd hoped you'd have a little longer yet.  Thinking of you. Xx

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2019, 16:10:33 PM »
Toffee has gone back to vet today because his weight loss is getting worse. He's lost 1kg in 3 weeks and looking bony at back end. He is having GA with brochoscopy and bronchial washout with repeat xrays tomorrow. Hope to finally exclude nasty infection but he has the mass which they think getting bigger in lastv3 weeks. If it's hopeless then I may have to let him go. This is so painful. They can't wave a magic wand to make him better. Glad I took him today instead of waiting. Devastated....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:45 AM »

Good advice from Paula.  Right now, he's busy being "Cat" which is as it should be, never mind the size of the fences he sets himself.  It's always harder for us, than it is for them.

It's incredibly difficult, and it's human nature to dwell upon the lost ground, but try to relax a little, and enjoy his days with him.

This is your time for making memories and, where you can, taking photos.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2019, 21:13:55 PM »
Kim, he is obviously happy enough in himself, please don't beat yourself up, you are doing all you can for him. :hug: :hug: :hug: Do you have any idea when the pm results come back for his son?

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2019, 19:00:46 PM »
This is so hard seeing him lose condition. He's always been 7.4-7.8 kg. He must be 6 now and I can't bear to see him getting bony at the back end and thin around the waist. He's ok and happy enough. I am the one struggling and I am an emotional wreck. He is seeing a vet in 3 weeks for a check up unless he takes a turn. On the plus side he enjoyed a good bit of cod and prawns at the weekend. I pureed the prawns with a little water. Saving steak til later today. He went in the garden on Sunday morning and scaled a 7ft+ fence to get into next door!! I had to go and fetch him and he took his time coming home.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2019, 07:32:55 AM »

Topping up the "gotta eat" vibes for Toffee.  Hope you've all had a lovely relaxing weekend together, enjoying the good weather. 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »
Thanks for the update Kim  :crossed: that Toff continues to improve  :hug:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2019, 07:03:37 AM »
My Toffee ate 3/4 packet wet food, biscuits, treats and a decent amount of poached cod yesterday. I put his medicines in the complivit. I still wish he was eating like a little piggy He's always been food driven. He's had a stroll around the garden this morning and seems happy. Even had an argument with another puss through the fence, tail was puffed up and he shouted. A very good 24 hours. Hope it continues. He is doing so well on the antibiotics.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2019, 17:49:13 PM »

You are DA BEST cat mamma!!  Cod and steak.   :)

Am So sorry to learn about Toffee's son, Yoda.    Glad to know you're getting good food into Toffee xxx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2019, 15:42:18 PM »
I'm glad Toff is eating something, 10mg is a good dose of pred :hug:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 21:52:41 PM by Lyn (Slugsta) »

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2019, 13:16:23 PM »
They both have cod and steak for the weekend. I always give them the same as they eat together. Toff is on 5mg twice a day so quite a lot of prednisolone. He is eating something and getting complivit which is reassuring. His breathing much better. 💕

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2019, 16:46:30 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Yoda   :(  RIP little man.

Also sorry to hear that Toffee still isn't eating well. What dose of steroids is he taking?

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2019, 12:01:31 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Yoda, I hope the PM can help Toffee, but all the time you are doing what you can for him, spoiling him rotten, and he is happy, that is the important bit.

I hope Lulu gets a share of cod and steak too. :)

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2019, 11:07:17 AM »
I also found out that one of the kittens he fathered before neutering was diagnosed with cancer and on the day he went to the vets for tests his son had been put to sleep. His name was yoda and he was a big ginger fella as well. My friend had Yoda and asked for a PM hoping it would help my boy. I only found out yesterday so have been in a puddle of tears again they keep coming. I am going to Markers and going to get him a piece of cod loin for his tea he loves that. Then on Sunday he can have some fillet steak because he is rather partial to that as well.💕

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »
Toff is on another course of antibiotics with steroids. I have started him on complivit and cbd oil to see if that helps him. Vet agreed to let us try it. His appetite is just not what it was and his overall condition is not brilliant. He seems happy enough apart from appetite. Still eating small amounts even with steroids. Vet is to review him in a month now. I am devastated. I worry that the antibiotics making appetite worse but he needs them. Had a slight temp on Wednesday after 8 days of antibiotics. I am a very worried mummy. Thanks for asking about him. 💕

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2019, 17:24:04 PM »
How did it go? I hope all is well. :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2019, 06:37:09 AM »

Just dropping by to say hello, and hope that Toffee's review went well yesterday. 

Snoozles to Toffee and Lulu from Moray, Malt, Barley and Me.   :cat rub: :catlove2: :catplay2:

Link to CatChat