Author Topic: Hello  (Read 11753 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Hello
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 18:47:12 PM »

Got everything crossed for tomorrow's visit xxx

Offline Kim

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Toffee and Lulu
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 18:10:17 PM »
Lulu fine. Toffee seems to be improving daily but still not having his old appetite.  Still can't find my laptop to do this post properly. Vet tomorrow morning for review. Thank you all. Xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2019, 18:47:47 PM »

Hi Kim.  How is Toffee?  And how is Lulu's eye? 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2019, 18:01:18 PM »
Hi Kim, I am so pleased that Toffee is getting his mojo back, difficult putting complivit in his food if you don't know which he finds acceptable, but it does really help. :hug: :hug: :hug:

BTW, if you go to font size at the top, I use point 14, Lyn uses 12 and bold. It just helps Gill enormously.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2019, 13:52:34 PM »
2 days of antibiotics on top of the prednisolone and he seems to be getting his mojo back. I have to crush his steroids and anti-bugs into the licky lix. Appetite still not great but he's back to playing the breakfast game where I have to put down several flavours of wet food before he eats.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 11:28:16 AM »
I am very lucky that Sky takes her pred crushed and mixed with a bit of her favourite tinned food. Gawd knows what we would have done otherwise!

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »
That's the problem I had with the Licky lix till I found the 3 new flavours in Asda now its back to being easier again, we also found cornbeef and tuna pate are great that's how we worm our ferals and two of my Hyper T ladies were both ferals and if Mummy threw the "treat" they ate their tablets :)

Depomedrin is a steroid injection and usually given every 6 weeks but Jester gets his every 4 weeks as he stops eating at that point and our vets are happy with that so much easier than tableting a cat with a jaw tumour as I think sometimes things get stuck Jester refuses to open his mouth sometimes
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 06:55:07 AM »

Just adding to the snoozles and healing thoughts for Toffee.

I was watching a vet programme on Sky a couple of weeks ago, and they were using the small jars of baby food to feed a cat that wouldn't eat a lot.  Could be worth a try  :hug: :hug:

Hope that Lulu's drops are helping with her poorly eye.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2019, 23:02:21 PM »
Sky was, literally, hardly eating anything when she started on steroids and they had a great affect on her. On 1tab (5mg) a day she was eating like a little piggy! I hope your lad has a similar response.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 22:03:18 PM »
Kim, I do hope it all helps him stay as well as he can be for as long as he can be and my thoughts go out to you and your family, including Lulu. :hug: :hug: :hug: :blow kiss:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 21:32:31 PM »
I give him medicines in the licky lix so he won't eat it now. Giving him kitten food and ordered some complivit. His appetite seems to be improving on steroids. The sedation last week hit him hard. We haven't given in. If he puts on a little weight I wouldn't mind. He's always been 'big boned'. He's eaten wet food 2 times today but is getting a lot of calories from treats. He loves Felix goody bags and I Was told by them they are around 10 caps per treat so if he has 30 a day I am happy. Thank you all for kind thoughts and suggestions.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 21:04:49 PM »
Kim as Paula says Complivit is a great thing one pump is equal to a full days calories for a 4kg cat so a couple of pumps in wet food is easily mixed in, another favourite is cat milk, cheese, ham, roast beef my thinking is a calorie is a calorie so if they like it they get it :)  Licky lix are also another favourite here and now we have found Asda do them in more flavours so easy for my oldies who get them on a saucer for lunch :)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 19:55:49 PM »
Liz swears by it so I have tried Complivit for Emo as it is a supplement that you add to food that helps put weight up and keep it on. It smells like Marmite, but she seems to like it. :)

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2019, 19:51:09 PM »
Thank you everybody. We will see how we go. I am comforting myself probably wrongly that cancer not confirmed. Any ideas about high calorie cat food for him? I'm going to let him have what he wants but the more calories the better regardless of what the chest problem is.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 15:08:01 PM »
Kim, I am so sorry that the news about Toffee is not what any of us ever want to hear  :hug: FWIW, I also think you are doing the right thing. MY Chivvy hated vet visits (he had lost a leg and broke his jaw in 2 places in an argument with a car and had bad memories of the green peeps) and I promised him there would be no long. drawn out end. Eventually, at the age of 19, and with a presumptive diagnosis of lymphoma, he told me he had  had enough and I let him go. I hope you still have some special time with your precious boy before it is time for him to leave you  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »

Sometimes it is best not to stress them with further tests and invasions when sometimes they just embrace being cats again and you love them for as long as they want to stay   

I agree with Liz.  I think you're doing the right thing.  It's not worth Toffee going through all of that.  Better by far to fill whatever time you have left (which could be weeks or months) with love, affection and making excellent memories, than to waste it elsewhere.  Take lots of photos, and sneak in lots of snuggling and cat kisses. 

Also a little miracle wouldn't come amiss, if any Gods of Small Things are listening........
[/size]

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 17:25:51 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
Welcome to you and your gorgeous furkids

I am Mum to the Clan cats in the NE of Scotland we have more than the average numbers but take on lifes waifs and strays and the ones not for the feint hearted, we have moggies, ferals, Bengals, Mau's, a Ragdoll and NFC

On the cancer front we have jester who is 13 and had a stroke 3 years ago and then was found to have a jaw tumour, he is on 4 weekly injections of Depomedrin steroids - saves trying to pill a cat with an internal tumour and he walks like he has had one to many but is a happy boy and we maintain his weight at 5kgs

We decided on no more investigations for Jester as he was unhappy and stressed being in the vets so we took the vets advice and started the injections and he is doing well

Sometimes it is best not to stress them with further tests and invasions when sometimes they just embrace being cats again and you love them for as long as they want to stay

We lost our other boy Brady at 18 last year he also had a jaw tumour and was given 3 months 6 years later he told us his time was up when his back legs finally gave in but he was happy and loved and that is the main thing

We also have a diabetic 18yo with 1 kidney so injections are part of our daily routine and it means I get injections from the vets as and when for Jester but we have had 5 diabetic and 5 Hyper T's amongst them ferals so we are well known for our ideas of pilling and stuff so if you need any advice just ask x
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 13:10:28 PM by Liz »

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »
Lulu mild temp and touch of conjunctivis so had jabs and eye cream. Toffee is not going to have any more investigations as biopsies involve opening chest. Don't want to put him through it just to confirm vet suspicion of a cancer. He would also need weekly sedation for chemo and I agree with vet he'll be miserable and feel worse all the time. There was haemorrhage at the site. He's on anti-biotics and steroids now and being reviewed in a week. We need a miracle. I'm planning on going back into work on Friday. They'll be glad to see the back of me. I have ordered a pill syringe on Amazon and some cbd oil. Going to check with vet next week if I can give it to him. What a day already!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 07:00:26 AM »

Have just popped by to top up the "get better" vibes for Toffee and for Lulu's poorly eye.   :hug: :hug:

Moray, Malt & Barley send snoozles (like snuggles, but with more "oooooo")   ;) :cat rub:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 21:26:23 PM »
Kim, I'm sorry that you still don't have any definitive answers. I know how hard the uncertainty can be!

Thanks for the photos, they are a pair of stunners  :Luv2: :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 18:03:32 PM »

Sorry that you still don't have a definitive answer, Kim.  And also sorry to hear Lulu's eye is a bit gunky. 

Have just amended the earlier posts to larger font.  Hope no-one objects.     :) :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 16:41:21 PM »
Lulu looks very similar to two other cats on here, my Pippa and Dave D's Lily, both norty monstas. :evillaugh: Pip is a muted silver tabby and white, she has a pale beige overlay over the silver tabby bits, I also have a half NFC, black floofy Emo, my Daughter named her when she was being a goth. :doh: Merlin, who the vet thinks ripped his way out of a snare, took off the pads on his left front paw, he is my FIV+ big black and white boy, Pirate, my other disabled cat, congenital deformities, a mackerel tabby, one eye orbit is too small so his third eyelid is permanently across that eye, he is missing an ear flap and has a curly tail like a pig, and my beautiful black tortie girl, Bob, she has a white chest and paws. Although Pi and Pip were ferals and Merlin a stray, Bob is the only one that acts like a feral, no sudden moves etc. or she is flying out of the cat flap, but the most affectionate girl on her own terms, she washes me awake in the morning, starting at my hands and working her way up to my eyelids. :sick: Waking up to cat breath. :rofl: So there is your intro to my mob.

Yours are gorgeous, I have a very soft spot for ginga ninjas. :Luv:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 15:40:10 PM »
101 Dalmations, Babe anything with animals really. They seem to enjoy penguin and meercat documentaries odd pair they are. Toffee was sat watching a Pirate film 2 nights ago for a bit. It was the animals. The little one is going to have a check up tomorrow now as her eye is gunky I've just noticed. I have had a call seems the results are not conclusive so going to see the vet tomorrow for the little one and find out plan for my big fella.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 18:01:03 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 14:52:08 PM »

Oh. My. Word.  Aren't they both just stunning?!!   And that very bottom photo of Lulu looking up at Toffee..... :Luv2: :Luv2:

The waiting is always hard to handle.   :hug: :hug:

So, what does Toffee like to watch then?   :)  Moray likes the animal programmes.  Barley's partial to a spot of golf.  Malt doesn't bother much with the telly.  She's more of a garden watcher. 

Offline Kim

• Kitten
Re: Hello7
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 14:37:51 PM »
Thank you to everyone for the descriptions of your babies and to you Rosella for posting the pictures of my kids for me. Still nothing. I have asked for a call back. Toffee settled on the bed with the Disney film channel on. My little baby being a bit of a minx today but she usually joins him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 18:00:11 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 13:50:14 PM »
and   :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 13:49:32 PM »
Yes I can only imagine the wait must be unbearable  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 13:21:37 PM »
Thank you again for the welcome. Rang vet this morning. Still waiting full results. This waiting is a killer. I have taken time off work to be with them. The little one eats her meals alongside him and she's also off her food although he has trained her to be fussy. Thanks also for the offer to resize photos. Will send you a couple, that is kind. Going to find my laptop to post in the hope it is easier.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 17:59:44 PM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 12:09:14 PM »

Morning Kim  :hug:  When do you expect to get results of aspiration through?  Must be so difficult waiting  :hug: :hug:

Feel free to email pics to me at rosellamoggy@gmail.com and I'll resize and post them for you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:10:47 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »
Kim, I am also slave to 2 cats, both black.

Alf is my big, soft boy, 5.5kg of muscle. Sadly, he is a prodigious hunter and often decorates my carpets with the remains of the prey (last week it was rat entrails  :sick: ). He came to us, at just under 1 year old, having spent all day crying outside a neighbour's house. So we took him in 'until we find his owner'. He sat on my chest for pretty much all of the first 48 hours, by which time he had stolen my heart. We did find his previous family  :'( - the story was that he had followed the lady when she went shopping and had got lost - but they agreed to let me keep him  :briggin:  That was in 2012, so he is now 7 years old.

Sky is a little lady of 3kg who came from the RSPCA nearly 3 years ago. She has a small white patch under her chin, the only bit of white between them both. All we know about her past is that she was removed from her previous home after a complaint by a member of the public. We were told she is 'a bit shy'. Like Sue's girls, she loves affection but is very flighty, runs and hides if we move too quickly and hates being picked up. Following a very serious illness in 2017, she is still on steroid tablets and cannot be immunised, so she lives in our bedroom and seems perfectly happy there.

In previous years I had a 'Fudge' cat who was pale ginger and also 'Chivers' who was a darker ginger, so I have a real soft spot for jinja ninjas  :Luv2:

BTW, and this is not a criticism, you said that your posts ate getting larger each time - but they still appear to be the same size font! I usually re-size mine when I have finished typing - click on CTRL and A, then go to 'font size' and select which you want (I use 12).

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 06:54:57 AM »

Morning Kim.  Morning Toffee.  Morning Lulu.   :cat rub:

Well, you're in the right place to be biased - and if there's one thing here we love it's cats, whether they're ours, or relative strangers we just haven't met yet.   ;)  I can't post photo's either.  Am pants at stuff like that, which is why I like descriptions too.   :evillaugh:

Both Toffee and Lulu sound gorgeous.   :Luv:  Sending more very gentle, but uber-strengff vibes for Toffee.

Me and my OH are slaves to 3 former shelter cats. 

We have Moray, who is the oldest, at 5.  He's a tabby and white floof monsta of a cat, with paws like cather's mitts.  He's a moggie, but visually is the epitome of a Norwegian Forest Cat.  We brought him home when he was a kitten.

Then we have Malt and Barley, who are semi-feral sisters, and we got them together about 3 and a half years ago. 

Malt is the smallest of the three - very dainty, white and tabby, and a proper little minx.   :evillaugh:  looks the picture of innocence, but she's sassy, and adorable.  Then there's Barley, who is a dark brown tabby, with black socks and a creamy underchin.  She's the flightiest of the two sisters.  She's very scared of human contact, but she also craves affection, and is a very affectionate cat with us, so long as we respect her boundaries, and make no sudden movements.    try and get either of the gurlies in a cat  carrier however, and be prepared to lose an eye.   :innocent:

Funny you saying about Toffee being a dilute ginger.  I used to have a very dear boy, Flynn, who was like a pale peach coloured tabby.  He was the smiliest of cats, and an absolutely beautiful soul.  He would follow me everywhere, and would always wait to meet me off the bus when I came home from work.   I would often fall asleep on the sofa, and wake to find him sitting on my chest, smiling at me, and purring softly. 

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 20:37:22 PM »
WELCOME KIM SORRY TOFFEE IS NOT WELL, I CANT READ SMALL PRINT SO ALWAYS USE CAPITALS

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 20:20:39 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. I will try a photo but may take a while... I noticed you like bigger fonts on the site so getting bigger with each post.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 20:15:12 PM »
Hi Kim and  :welcome:, they sound gorgeous, I am slave to 5 cats two of whom are disabled, one having FIV + diagnosis as well. It's lovely of you to have joined us. This a really friendly site and I am really pleased that I found it. :) Please post away, there is a thread on posting pics in the newbies bit. ;)

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 20:06:04 PM »
Forgot to add that Lulu is grey tabby with white bib and some socks. They are both stunning but I'm biased. The vets took biopsies Wednesday and I Was hoping today we would know. The waiting is just horrible. I have had time off to watch him. I am upset when he's poorly anyway. He's on breathing MEDS anyway for asthma. At the moment he really doesn't seem to know or care apart from the odd cough with raised resp rate with decreased appetite

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 19:59:08 PM »
Toffee is more of a ginger that's been put through the wash. I've had him since he was 4 and he is my life. He was with my friend's family from kitten-hood but when they added a dog George he upped and moved in under a bush in the garden. I took him. Doesn't like other cats at all and can get into trouble outside. He is eating tiny amounts and weight on Tues 6.89kg when he's always been 7.8kg. He has always been well built. His appetite not what it was last week before procedure but our vet staff have been amazing. He has lost condition though. He was a bit of a grump when I rescued Lulu but she adores him. He tells her off occasionally but is a gentle giant. They are my kids. Trying to work out best way to post a photo. Hope to get there today.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 19:43:59 PM »

So understand why you'll be worried.  Is Toffee a ginger lad by any chance?  Am trying to picture him.  I bet he's beautiful.   :Luv:

So he's big bruvva to Lulu, and her Protector?   :wow: What colour is lovely Lulu? 

It's good Toffee is still grooming and taking an interest in the things around him. 

Try not to pre-judge anything in the meantime.  Did they tell you when you can expect the results?

So when did Toffee join you? Have you had him from kittenhood?  And what did he make of Lulu when she joined the family?Sorry for all the questions, just I love hearing about our members' puddentats.   :)

Offline Kim

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 19:17:18 PM »
Thanks for letting us join the group. My eldest boy Toffee is 11 and went to the vet with breathing issue last Tuesday. Mediastinal problem found on x-ray chest  ? tumour vet thought. He's not been right since he went on Wednesday for aspiration and we are waiting for results. He is eating and drinking and moving around/sitting at window and grooming so there are lots of positives. I am worried. Lulu is the tiny angel found outside work last July at around 8 weeks old. Tiny little thing. Loves her big brother and follows him everywhere.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 19:10:09 PM »
Hi Kim and a big Purrs  :welcome: to you all. I am so sorry one of your furr-babies is poorly, I know how worrying that can be  :hug:

BTW, one of our members has visual problems, which is why we post in large font (when I remember!)  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 15:46:58 PM »

Hello Kim.  A big warm welcome to you, Toffee and Lulu.  Am not sure which of your babies is poorly, but sending very strong thoughts and well-wishes for all of you.   :hug: :hug:  :hug: :welcome:

Forgive me if you've started another topic and I've missed it, but do you know what is causing the problem?

Link to CatChat