Author Topic: Silvie not very well  (Read 18184 times)

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: Silvie not very well
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2018, 22:06:14 PM »

Hoping Silvie is still full of bounce.  :)

She certainly is :wow: back to vets tomorrow at 915am. Hope vet is still optimistic ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2018, 05:41:20 AM »

Hoping Silvie is still full of bounce.  :)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2018, 20:55:10 PM »

Did you cat have lymphoma in the brain or somewhere else?
I'm not sure, I think it was the liver (it was many years ago).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:37:30 AM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2018, 20:49:24 PM »
Yes, Sky has half a tablet of prednisolone in about 10g of the Gourmet pate.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2018, 19:52:25 PM »

(BTW, I lost a cat to lymphoma many years ago, and his symptoms were nothing like Silvie's.)

Did you cat have lymphoma in the brain or somewhere else? :(

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 19:50:55 PM »
My two love the little tins of Gourmet pate, so I hide pills in a bit of that - I have to hand-feed it to them, though.

Bass wouldt take anything with butter - not healthy, I know, but good in an emergency.

Yes i have the gourmet tins which she loves, but very suspicious as there is a very nasty anti-Silvie tasting pill in there :evillaugh:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 18:02:19 PM »
SOMPLEASED SHE FELT LIKE BOUNCING ON YOUR HEAD

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 17:31:18 PM »

Butter, ham, cheese, lick-e-lix - whatever she'll eat!  Norty cats are usually on the way back to good health in my book.   ;) :)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 17:08:26 PM »
I was putting Pi's AB's in lick-e-lix and he scoffed them down, you'd have to crush it though.

I am so pleased that she is getting better. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 16:20:01 PM »
My two love the little tins of Gourmet pate, so I hide pills in a bit of that - I have to hand-feed it to them, though.

Bass wouldt take anything with butter - not healthy, I know, but good in an emergency.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 18:27:51 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2018, 16:13:37 PM »
Silvie was bouncing on my head and pillow at 4am  :naughty: seemed fine this morning but refused her pill! I left it in her food before i came to work little madam!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »
Thanks for the update, I hope Sylvie continues to improve. Sky has her steroid crushed into a small amount of food, and we have never had any problem with her not taking it.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 07:07:03 AM »

Popping by to say "Morning Silvie - how're you feeling today?"   :catlove2:
Hope she is continuing to improve, Heather.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 15:24:46 PM »
Heather, that's great news.  :wow:
Long may it continue

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 13:53:01 PM »
Fantastic news! Hope Silvie keeps on improving.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 13:37:58 PM »
Silvie seems fine she is eating well jumped on my bed slept there purring head butting me😁no more green mucus or blood but she did make sneezy/coughing noises once last night. Her eyes seem fine and she ate her steroid pill after 2 goes. Really hoping still it was infection. Back 2 vets weds am for check up. Silvie says thanks everyone for your :Luv2:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »
So pleased that Sylvie is showing some improvement, long may it continue. :hug: :hug: :hug:

And a special  :hug: for you. :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 08:12:55 AM »
Glad the vet feels there has been some improvement, fingers crossed.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2018, 06:38:03 AM »

Morning sweetheart.  How are you both this Morning?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2018, 21:23:38 PM »
I am glad that the steroid has helped Sylvie. My Sky eats a huge amount since she has been on steroids!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 16:41:51 PM »
I'm so pleased there's been an improvement.
Steriods are wonderful for reducing inflammation (and therefore pain). Whatever the cause of her illness, it sounds like Silvie is enjoying life again if she's eating well. I hope so much that she continues to improve.
It really sounds like an infection of some sort, doesn't it?

(BTW, I lost a cat to lymphoma many years ago, and his symptoms were nothing like Silvie's.)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 15:11:43 PM »
 :hug: :hug:  Fingers crossed

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 13:46:47 PM »
Silvie did pace around quite a bit last night but she did eat for the 1st time since tues, and she ate 2 packets of food! the steroid did help. THis morning I was a bit unsure if she had a fit, I went into my room and she was running round in circles with a saliva bubble in her mouth. The about 20 mins later I heard her coughing and went in and she had a huge long string of green mucus hanging off her nose/chin :sick: but the good news is I took her back to the vet and she has got her sight back, not 100% but def much better, and we both agree her eye swelling had gone down a bit. Vet said she was very pleased as the steroid has reduced swelling somewhere so she is a lot more optimistic. She even said look she is staring at me! She had another steroid injection and now got tablets and back to see vet on wednesday. She still not sure what it is, could be lymphoma, granuloma or infection. She said I should have taken into the green stuff she coughed up as could send it off for pathology, i said i nearly did bring it in but if it happens again I will take a sample in. So now a bit happier, oh and she has also put back on a bit of weight. It may be only short term but just got to see how she goes. :Luv2:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 08:34:24 AM »
I'm sorry that there was no definitive answer, do hope the steroid injection works. The antibiotic injection might not have been strong enough so I would ask when she could have a different antibiotic
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 07:08:50 AM »

Heather, I can only imagine how you're feeling, but if it's in my gift, then I'm  showering Silvie with millions and millions of healing thoughts and recovery vibes.  Let us know how she is today.  I imagine you won't have had much sleep, so sending a hug to you too.   :hug:

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 23:54:33 PM »
After a long nailbiting day and I couldnt face going to work so I lost a days pay, I rang the vet at 3pm. They were just in the process of xraying Silvie and she was under GA. I knew if the vet rang in the next 10 mins it would be bad news. She rang me at 330pm and said they couldnt find a bad tooth, no eye abscess but they were some suspicious areas in her brain. An MRI would give them more details but I can't afford another £3k :'( There were 3 options, 1) referral for MRI, 2) PTS or 3) bring her round and try her on steroids which may help reduce any inflammation. As all her blood tests were fine as well as blood pressure she was fine under the GA. I opted for the 3) option. Vet did say she couldnt tell from the xray but she was disappointed it wasnt a tooth/eye infection. She thinks there is some sort of brain lesion there but possibly could be infection/infllammation.  I went back to collect Silvie who looked quite bright. They still think she is def blind but she does seem to see a bit. She has been wandering round my room most of the evening, keeps going into her litter tray but not doing anything. She hasn't eaten since tues pm but I left 2 dishes of food and she has actually nibbled some of it so thats a good sign. I always thought with brain lesions cats had fits, but vet said not always. So its back to vet tomorrow for another steroid injection. She said sometimes they have a rapid improvement with them so fingers and toes crossed it does help her. Then its just a waiting game. I am hoping it has just been some sort of infection that has gone from her nose to her eye and then brain and the long lasting antibiotic injection helps clear it. Hoping for a miracle really : Today's little visit for a drip, xrays and meds was £495. (Total vet bills this week £1250 :Crazy: Thank you for all your good wishes  :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 23:52:31 PM »
I have cried often too, even at good news, they are used to it. All my love to you and Sylvie. :care: :care: :care: :blow kiss:

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 19:06:57 PM »
I JION THE OTHERS. HUGS

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 12:38:30 PM »
Fingers crossed the vet doesn’t find anything nasty and it is just a dodgy tooth. Vets are used to people being upset, I got introduced to a new receptionist once as ‘a client you’ll see cry often’! (that was when I had a lot of poorly cats and lost at least one a year)
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 10:59:57 AM »

Heather, we're all rooting for you and for Silvie.  Don't feel bad about it.  I sobbed buckets when we had to let Tess go.   :hug: :hug:

Offline dawnf

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: star, willow
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »
we've all done it Heather  :hug:  I found myself kissing the top of stars head the other day while talking to the vet  :-[  hope lovely silvie is doing ok today

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 10:33:46 AM »
You are in my thoughts today  :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 10:31:15 AM »
There's nothing foolish about being upset, and we've all cried at the vets some time, I'm sure they're used to it!

I've got everything crossed that your girl makes it through today.

:hug:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 10:01:35 AM »
Heather thoughts are with you and Sylvie today x  Bawling at the vets shows how much you care for your baby girl, I have done it as well and one occasion passed out when they burst an abscess so know how you are feeling x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 09:19:36 AM »
Just made a fool of myself bawling at the vets while I left her. Vet is concerned that she has lost more weight since yesterday and both eyes seem to be affected.  She has prepared me if she finds something nasty not to bring her round (more bawling) but she did seem  a little bit brighter in herself today. I so hope its an infection :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
Fingers crossed it is an abscess from a tooth. :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 06:52:07 AM »

Just popping by to say am topping up the positive thoughts for today's investigations, Heather.  Thinking of you.   :hug: :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 21:37:07 PM »
A bad tooth would explain why she's not eating, poor thing.

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 21:24:53 PM »
thanks everyone :Luv: her blood pressure was fine as were all her blood tests and temperature, vet said if abscess she should have temperature. i asked one of my doctor friends he said you dont always have temp with abscess. She still has mucus and blood coming out of her nose intermittently. Vet seems to think it could be a brain lesion with not a good prognosis, or possibly tooth root abscess thats gone to her eye. Said there is a raised swelling in roof of her mouth and under her jaw so tomorrow she is going in for xray and anaesthetic and they will see if they can drain some fluid out of the lump in her mouth to see if its pus. She has been on a drip all day, and still has the catheter and bandage on her paw which she is not impressed with. So hoping its an abscess/infection/bad tooth and not a tumour :'(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 17:45:25 PM »
Sending gentle snoozles and headrubs to you both  :hug:

Link to CatChat