Author Topic: Anyone in London - can u help?  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Anyone in London - can u help?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 19:38:27 PM »
The citizens advise said to take legal action but it costs £300 to start it! Madness!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 19:36:26 PM »
Some landlords are total gits. Hopefully there's some way of getting their money back.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 19:22:23 PM »
Hi hun yes that’s great thanks sooo much.
The goal is to get a deposit which is 2 months rent and 1st month in advance will be about £3600 - £4000.
They are due a lot of money from their deposit from the nasty landlord but he didn’t put it into a deposit scheme and won’t pay them back. 
They complained to this landlord after the fire alarm and electric points kept bursting into flames, they complained and got forced to leave instead.

Can’t stop worrying 😔

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 15:05:28 PM »
Tan, I've shared this on Facebook, hope that's okay.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 15:12:22 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 14:54:45 PM »
Hi hunnies

Thanks sooo sooo much Paula hun. They have to stay in London for their employment so looking for apartment there. Hugs and hugs

They are temporarily bedding down in someone’s lounge so at least out of the cold but there are 3 other cats in the small flat so on top of all the stress the cats have been through with moving 15 times from travel lodge to travel lodge in past month, they now have stress and can’t sleep as in high alert all the time.
It’s sooo heartbreaking  :'(

We have started an appeal for them
Reaching out to Cat slaves! Two lovely hooman cat slaves with wonderful cats Artemis and Apollo MaineCoon furkids are suddenly homeless due to awful landlord. They desperately need help to get a deposit for a home. Please please can you help with a donation? www.gofundme.com/themainecoonlife
Or via PayPal please message ‪ @themainecoonlife ‬Artemis and Apollo ‪or me for their PayPal email. ‬
We all go through hard times
Cat slaves unite to help each other in desperate times of need. 🙏
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 14:56:27 PM by Tan »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 06:42:32 AM »

Tan, do we know if this little family is now safe? 

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 16:07:18 PM »
OMG PAULA WHAT A WONDERFUL OFFER AND HAVE SEEN THE CATS ON INSTAGRAM

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 09:38:12 AM »
Paula, you are a saint!  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 23:38:44 PM »
I have a back bedroom that is a junk room, but is a double bedroom, if they would help me stack everything in the box room I could offer a place to stay within an easy commute to London, the cats would have to stay in the room unless they can go outdoors as the cat flap is always open for my five? The train station is about 150 yards from the house and goes directly to London Victoria. There is only a single bed in there at the moment, but we could get a double from freecycle.. Would that help?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »

Tan, do you know if they've been in touch with Shelter?

I can understand they may not want to approach certain of the animal charities, as most will require them to sign over the animals into their ownership - understandable, but not something I would want to contemplate. 

https://england.shelter.org.uk/

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 10:51:15 AM »
Could they get their cats to a rescue? I know it's not ideal but at least they would be off the streets, and it would give the couple a better chance of getting somewhere for themselves, at least temporarily.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:20:21 AM »
That is such a sad situation, I'm sorry I can't help in any way  :'(

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:06:54 AM »
Thanks Sue hun
I am so worried about them being homeless in this freezing weather. Such lovely people and wonderful furkids it would break their hearts and be devistaing for Atemis and Apollo to lose each other.

Just reaching out to anyone in London that might help
Xxxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:53:49 AM »
Oh Tan.  That's such an awful story.  there but for the grace of..... and all that.

I have no contacts in London, and sadly have no practical advice to offer, but with all of my heart I hope they can get sorted with somewhere safe for them all.  I hope someone may have some valid options for them to consider.  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Anyone in London - can u help?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »
Hi hunnies 🙂
I wonder if ya know anyone that may help!  There are two lovely people Peter and Reka with two wonderful Maine coons Artemis and Apollo who I met at the catfest. They on Instagram themainecoonlife
Facebook Artemis and Apollo
They had a flat in London but had to leave there last month due to the cats.   They are in trouble and hotel and Airbnb hopping still. Sunday they got turned away from a Airbnb , lost their deposit and spent a v cold eve searching for available room In a travel lodge thankfully they found for the night.

They are such lovely people and adore their cats. I am really very worried  about them as it seems to be affecting them badly now. They are now homeless through no fault of their own.

Do you know anywhere or know anyone that may help in London that has a more stable place for them to stay? 

Please see intsagram and read through the comments on this post here https://www.instagram.com/p/BpfPZy_lWWU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pzd1roryqv3e
Xxxx
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:52:35 AM by Tan »

Link to CatChat