Author Topic: Bad breeder  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
Re: Bad breeder
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 18:54:38 PM »
I AM SO SORRY YOU WERE CAUGHT BY THIS BREEDER TOO TRACEY, MAKES ME FEEL SICK AND WHAT BEAUTIFUL CATS BOTH.

SO MANY MUST HAVE KITTENS FROM HER AND ALL THOSE POOR KITTENS AND BROKEN HUMAN HEARTS

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 00:19:03 AM »
 :coolpics: Now we need more, although if it's too hurtful, please don't feel pressurised.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 21:12:20 PM »
No more photos???  :omg:  :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 19:12:22 PM »
I can’t seem to add anymore photos wanted to share Bear Ragnarok and Saffi Maya with you!

WHAAAATTTT???!!!!   We wanna see!!  Anywun knoes wut's wrong?  :shify:

Offline jayne100percent

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Suki Maya and Chief
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 18:42:18 PM »
I can’t seem to add anymore photos wanted to share Bear Ragnarok and Saffi Maya with you!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 15:47:58 PM »

Beautiful puddy-tat piccies   ;D ;D

Offline Tracylw29

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Polly and Pixie and rainbow babies Danko, Tallulah, Dana and Missy and horsey mum to Ali and rainbow boys Malak and Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 14:19:08 PM »
and Tallulah as a kitten aged 3 months, before the FIP struck

Offline Tracylw29

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Polly and Pixie and rainbow babies Danko, Tallulah, Dana and Missy and horsey mum to Ali and rainbow boys Malak and Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 14:17:40 PM »
and this is Polly with my little Devon Rex monkey Pixie!

Offline Tracylw29

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 13:59:23 PM »
Thanks Lyn, its nice to be here!

I thought you all might like to see my girls - Polly is the colour point, Tallulah is the blue cream

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 13:21:22 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: Tracy. I am so sorry that you have also been a victim of this awful breeder  >:(

Beautiful photos Jayne  :Luv2:

Offline Tracylw29

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »
When I informed the breeder that Tallulah had FIP she didn't know what to say - she couldn't blame it on Polly because Polly came from her and I hadn't had a cat for over 2 years when I got Polly from her.  Also my cats are 100% indoor and have never mixed with other cats.  She told me she was going to get all her cats checked and that she was going to spay Polly and Tallulah's mum (they had the same mother, different dads) - she didn't do any of this.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 10:19:33 AM »
Sadly this person has become what is commonly known as a Back Yard Breeder - BYB sadly they are all to common advertising for large sums and churning out kittens with no health testing or regard for the poor cats in their "care".  They start off with all the right stuff Breeder registration and registration with TICA and all bells and whistles then they start to see they can sell a lot of kittens for a lot of money and then things slide to say the least

Working in rescue - Moggies, ferals and latterly Bengal rescue I have seen some horrific sights and cleaned up the mess these folks have got themselves in to

That's why I have several Bengals still here one being an F2 girl who came from horrendous conditions with 25 others including unhandled kittens.  Some breeder friends and some of my rescue contacts got together and got the cats out at horrendous vet bills and a lot of TLC had them all tested, neutered, spayed and ID chipped and homed on in 4 months all except Melody who didn't want handled and she ended up coming to me and we have had a long road but things turned up for her when we adopted 2 feral kittens aged 6 months she suddenly had a purpose she had babies to bring up, she has since helped with 4 other feral kittens - 2 sadly died but she has her 2 remaining ones who are 2 this month and she adores them and the other cats and our 3 wonderful cat loving Border collies she can be touched on her terms and is a happy we soul but what a long 2 years it has been

I also have lost a Mum and 3 kittens to FIP so know how hard it is. the 4th kitten our Baby gorgeous died last year from unrelated things but we knew she was a Corona carrier so she stayed and I loved her and kept her safe for 8 years the promise I gave to her Mum Gem

All you can do is keep reporting to the RSPCA and the sites she advertises on and make sure she is known a bout on Social media without mentioning names word does travel - location and breed with bring it to folks attention
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tracylw29

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 10:04:02 AM »
Hi Everyone

I also had a kitten from this breeder that died of FIP at 7 months, Tullulah Pipkin was such a lovely little girl and to loose her to this awful disease was absolutely devastating.  I met Jayne through another owner who has also lost two kittens to FIP, one was Tallulah's litter mate who died after only a couple of weeks in his new home, the other was the replacement kitten she was given by the breeder (a very very similar situation to Jayne's).  I do still have one of this breeder's cats, Polly, who is almost 6 now and I thank my lucky stars that she has swerved this particular bullet although I know of one of her litter mates that died from FIP and also an older sibling.  I have a panic attack every time she is sick or a little off colour!  This breeder was registered with the Siberian Cat Club when I got Polly from her but she is no longer registered with them - Tallulah was registered with TICA.  I know for a fact that the breeder has been aware of the FIP problem in her breeding colony for at least 8 years and yet she carries on breeding - Polly's mother had litter after litter until she recently passed away at age 11.  There must be some way we can get her stopped, the thought of more kittens dying and more people going through the loss and upset is just heartbreaking.  I now have Polly and a lovely, cheeky Devon Rex called Pixie from a very lovely and reputable breeder - unfortunately my experience with the bad breeder has put me off getting another Siberian even though I love Polly dearly.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:40:51 AM by Tracylw29 »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 07:11:04 AM »

Jayne, am so sorry that you've had such a distressing experience, twice with this hideous disease.

You might find this helpful from a previous discussion on the subject of FIP.:

https://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=42935.0

Chief and Suki Maya are stunning cats.  Am very pleased they are helping you come to terms with losing Bear and your little Siberian girl. 

Offline jayne100percent

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 05:15:29 AM »
Chief my 1 year old

Offline jayne100percent

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 05:12:34 AM »
This Is Suki Maya my 4 year old Siberian

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 22:16:13 PM »
NEVER ONLY A CAT, CATS ARE SO SPECIAL AS WE ALL KNOW

WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF YOUR NEW FRIEND AND ALSO THE OLDER ONE, NOT SURE I HAVE EVER SEEN A SIBERIAN, THE SIBERIAN CAT SOCIETY ARE SO WRONG AND THAT IS STRANGE BUT AS YOU SAY FIP IS THE MOST HIDEOUS OF ILLNESSES AND FOR SOMEONE TO BE MAKING MONEY FROM IT ANF SELLING SICK KITTENS IS DISGRACEFUL

Offline Loups

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 17:09:47 PM »
Hi jayne100percent.

I'm sorry to hear of the horrible situation you find yourself in. I can't help you, but have to echo what Judecat has said; cats are amazing, loyal, loving companions and anyone who's ever shared their life with one (or more... or many, many!) would never say, "It's just a cat"!

I hope you can get some justice for your departed little ones. Good luck!  :hug:

Lou.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 09:24:26 AM »
I can't add anything to help, but will say that no-one on here would ever think "It's only a cat" and to lose them so young and so horribly makes it doubly worse. My heart goes out to you. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline jayne100percent

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 08:57:01 AM »
Thank you for your replies. I have contacted the Siberian cat society, she has dropped out of membership. As I have a older Siberian they said “ she “ will say it possibly came from her, which is clearly not the case. I did not know of the other kittens dying at that point though. I felt like I was in the wrong and not the breeder which was upsetting! I was so so isolated at the beginning and had not heard of FIP, finding others that also had the same experience with her has helped me. People say it’s only a cat but these are such special animals, I felt like my heart had been ripped out seeing suffer from such a terrible cruel disease. We just want to prevent her selling and breeding more but it is proving very difficult. We have provided pets 4 homes the death certificates etc, but the continue to let her advertise.  I have since bought another Siberian from a highly respected breeder who is perfectly healthy and lives along side my other older Siberian without contracting FIP so the Siberian Cat societies suggestions concerning the breeders thoughts are obviously incorrect.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 20:21:05 PM »
I think Lyn's advice is good -  all pedigree cat clubs will be concerned if someone is breeding irresponsibly, and most will only recommend breeders they know to be sound

I can forsee that this breeder will say that a lot of cats have the corona virus and the stress that caused it to mutate into FIP must be down to the new owner, but the fact that there is so many kittens and several different owners shows that this is a nonsense - if all or most of you could act together that would help enormously, I suspect

another thing that will strengthen your case is that she should not have given you another kitten - when I lost a kitten to FIP I was advised by the Bristol Veterinary Hospital not to introduce another cat for a minumum of 6 months, and if she did not know this, or chose to ignore it, that is another very black mark against her

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 20:08:29 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs, although I am sorry that you have found us under such difficult circumstances. I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely kittens  :hug:

I know there was some talk about cat breeders having to be registered but am not sure if this ever became law. Maybe someone else will have more information.

Have you tried contacting someone from the Siberian Cat Club (http://www.siberian-cat-club.co.uk/view/14)? I wonder if they could offer some advice.

Offline jayne100percent

• Kitten
Bad breeder
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 14:27:56 PM »
Hello looking for some advice please.
I purchased a Siberian forest kitten from a local breeder that died 5 weeks later from FIP. I had never heard of this disease at this point, she replaced her with another kitten that died 8 months later also from FIP. the devastation I felt is beyond anything I can express, I think of them every day espaecailly Bear Ragnarok who lived for 8 months. I informed the breeder that she had a serious problem with FIP in her breeding colony but she has not addressed this and continues to breed and advertise her kittens on Pets4homes, the current kittens look extremely poorly and sadly have a death sentence that the poor little ones will never escape from.

Since the death of Bear I have discovered 7 other kittens purchased from her have died of FIP and have met one of the owners, we don’t know how we can get her stopped and prevent others having to suffer the way that we have. Is there a UK register of bad breeders there must be many more people out there that have purchased from her. RSPCA will do nothing as they have shelter and are fed and watered. We don’t know what we can do? I don’t want anything from her, I just want to stop her hurting others and help her poor over bred colony to have a peaceful life away from breeding and prevent them continually passing on the corona virus to their kittens.

Link to CatChat