Author Topic: Government alert Armitage dog flea drops wrongly labelled as being for cats  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Government alert Armitage dog flea drops wrongly labelled as being for cats
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 09:28:21 AM »
Seems like all vets have been alerted. My vet shared it on their Facebook page yesterday.

It could be that the woman who said she used it on her cat had the right product - without knowing all the facts, hard to tell.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 02:59:59 AM »
YES ME TOO, NOT THAT I WOULD USE THAT MAKE

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 18:10:12 PM »
I've shared it on facebook and another cat site I follow. I can't understand how someone purchased this product on Saturday surely the product should have been recalled. Unbelievable if it was my cat I'd be on the phone to a solicitor asap!   

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Didn't know there was a Purrs FB page, definately joining that........ like now!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
THAT IS TRUELY AWFUL AND THEY KNOW THEY ARE LIABLE FOR THAT LADYS CAT, I DO HOPE HE IS GONNA BE OK BUT SOUNDS VERY DOUBTFUL.

I CANT BELIEVE THIS WASNT PUBLICISED,

CAN SOME ONE POST ON THE PURRS FB PAGE AND TELL SHEILA....JUST CRAWLING TO BED

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon

I put it on my fb page Tuesday tea time ish.
Its disgraceful

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Thanks Mark, Ive copied the link and I am going to put it on my facebook page, I have quite a few cat lover friends on it.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
This is the worst of it. They have deleted mine and a few posts that followed last night and have now posted the information themselves. They have known since the end of October and hadn't posted on their Facebook page (which, to be fair, isn't used much)

Someone else has posted on there today that they have applied it to their 17 year old cat, with a message as follows 'My cat!! Brought your flea drops on Saturday & applied them yesterday morning before seeing the recall (only seen because a vet nurse friend shared it with me this mornimg see as you aren't publicising it even though it's your company). Woke up to find my boys neck like this!!! He is 17 years old, if there is any internal damage he will have to be put to sleep!! I am devastated by this!! Would you like to contribute to some of his vet bills going forward as it's going to go into hundreds no matter the outcome? Especially considering it is YOUR company's negligence that had caused my baby to become ill!! But then you can't even be bothered to put a statement on your social media about the recall so I doubt any of you have any care or empathy towards animals & are just in it for the profit!! Why the hell are dog & cat flea treatments even manufactured close enough that they can be mixed up when the dog ones are potentially fatal to cats???'

Their reply 'Hi Holly, I have sent you a direct message, if you could reply asap that would be great. Tisha-Emma Dixon, Customer Services'

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
WELL DONE MARK  :hug: :hug:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Thanks Mark.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Great move Mark. 

It's a horrendous error which could have fatal consequences. 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Government alert Armitage dog flea drops wrongly labelled as being for cats
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 00:03:43 AM »
They contain Permethrin and are lethal to cats.

I was amazed that Armitage hadn't posted the alert on their own Facebook page! - I have done it for them!!!
 https://www.gov.uk/government/news/armitage-pet-care-flea-and-tick-drops-for-dogs-and-armitage-flea-drops-for-cats-and-kittens-product-defect-alert

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 00:04:26 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat