Author Topic: Cat doorbell?!  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat doorbell?!
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2016, 17:36:59 PM »
OH DEAR SUE  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2016, 07:00:28 AM »
She's like a film star.   :Luv:  She's a beautiful girl.

Hmmmmm.  That sounds familiar to me too Mark.  Am glad in a way that winter is approaching and most of the little critturs are hibernating.  Having said that, we discovered a rather large bunch of feathers in the garden yesterday.  Now, it could have been the sparrow hawk which visits the garden occasionally, but four of the cats were sat in the glare of the security light looking innocent.   :shify:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2016, 06:42:56 AM »
She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth in the last one at least my willow looks evil because she is  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2016, 00:54:32 AM »
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 00:21:46 AM »
Hopefully this year it might be a different story as Ingrid goes out now - but I wouldn't bank on it - she is a little minx!

A couple of months back, I got up one morning and was using the lap top on the little table in front of the sofa. I put my foot on one of her toys, or so I thought, until I realised it was a dead baby bird  :( - a week or so later, she came flying in the house with a tiny mouse or something in her mouth. Amazingly, she allowed me to take it out of her mouth. It wriggled away and ran off. She grabbed it again and allowed me to take it from her mouth, unharmed, a second time. I took it over the back where there is a big overgrown garden and it ran off.

Thanks for all the comments about her  :briggin:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 00:22:58 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »
Oh bless, such cute pics, love the bottom one!

We've got no idea what to expect from Buddy this Christmas, I suspect our baubles might well get a battering. As long as there's no tree climbing and light eating I'll be relieved!  :shocked:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
  • RIP my gorgeous Schmoo xx
  • Slave to: Buddy
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 22:07:52 PM »
Oh bless, such cute pics, love the bottom one!

We've got no idea what to expect from Buddy this Christmas, I suspect our baubles might well get a battering. As long as there's no tree climbing and light eating I'll be relieved!  :shocked:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 19:01:39 PM »
Yes Sue  :evillaugh:

I wonder what we have in store this xmas. Last year, our lovely hand painted swiss bauble was history shortly after this was taken

We now have shatter proof and fabric tree decorations!  :evillaugh:

Love the pics Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 16:51:01 PM »
STUNNING PICS MARK  ;D ;D

SAD ABOUT THE BAUBLE.

LUPIN NORTY CAT THANKFULLY ISNT INTO TREES AND BAUBLES..............THERE IS THE KISS OF FATE!..............BUT THE FIRST YEAR HE BIT THRO THE LIGHTS CORD! BRAND NEW AND ATTACHED TO TREE. THAT WAS 6 YEARS AGO.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 15:21:17 PM »
Empathise re the baubles Mark.  :innocent: The gurlies investigated the tree a few times last year with the inevitable results.  This year, I've been collecting more shatterproofs and wooden/plastic ornaments.  I've bought the gurlies  a special sleigh bells bauble, which they can pat if they like it.  :evillaugh:  Moray seldom bothers, apart from the odd pat every now and then.

Only Malt uses our trays these days.  Sometimes Moray will see her using it, go up, stand in it and then get out again, as if to say "ummm..... nah.  :-:"  (Malt's the littlest - same age as Barley, but smaller.  Probably cos Barley's always first in for fud  :evillaugh:)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 15:06:28 PM »
MARK!!!!  you'll tell me you've stopped cleaning next!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 15:04:41 PM »
Sorry I can't help you there Dawn. Since we lost Kylie, the litter trays are barely used. I wish they would, but they obviously have their special places (hopefully not the neighbours' flower beds  :evillaugh: )

We are down to 2 trays. I only gave them a complete change last week through lack of use more than anything.

I have stuck to the Sanicat professional clumping gold for the last couple of years, as I couldn't find anything better.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 20:43:55 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 14:50:25 PM »
such cute pics, so funny was just thinking of you, about to do yet another litter thread  :naughty:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 14:32:41 PM »
Yes Sue  :evillaugh:

I wonder what we have in store this xmas. Last year, our lovely hand painted swiss bauble was history shortly after this was taken

We now have shatter proof and fabric tree decorations!  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 15:05:24 PM by Mark »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 08:18:52 AM »
She's your "liven things up a bit" lady.   ;) :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 21:47:32 PM »
She is. Probably more stressful than the years I had dealing with high-maintenance oldies

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 13:28:47 PM »
she is such a cutie mark, must be hard work though after having a more sedate crowd!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 13:07:58 PM »
Little monkey. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 09:16:59 AM »
I might give it a try Sue. She is using it to go out all the time.  Although it isn't locked for them to go out, it still clicks. I think I might have to disable the locksfor a while to see if it makes any difference. I have a feeling it is going to end up being just and expensive large cat flap! - I could have got one for £20 or less!  :evillaugh:

She is such a liability. Late last night I noticed something up in the tree over the back. On closer inspection, I realised it was Ingrid and that there were 2 collared doves up in the tree. They flew off in a panic, both hitting a tall bay tree in our garden. One flew away and one flew up. I kept hearing flapping and wondered if it was stuck somewhere. The torch batteries were dead and there wasn't anything I could have done anyway. Thankdfully she finally managed to get down.

(click on photo after it opens to enlarge more) https://goo.gl/photos/tLrVRqoNRZgUfSsL9

Oh and this morning, she was waiting outside, soaked. She has a snugs kennel, so she could have stayed dry.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 21:48:08 PM by Mark »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 07:24:55 AM »
She is - she has a very sweet, gentle and innocent countenance.   ;) :evillaugh:

Mark, when the Gurlies began to be allowed out, we used to by and large leave the back door open for them to come and go during the day, but it wasn't ideal.  They were both afraid of the Sureflap, and refused steadfastly to use it, although they were hugely intrigued by Moray using it.  The clicking frightened them too.  We got round it by putting a bit of blu-tack in to wedge the door partially open (this only worked for them coming in).   That seemed to make it a little more attractive to them, and they would begin poking their heads in and dashing back as the click sounded.   :-:  It took about three weeks to get them both accustomed to it, and it was purely a temporary fix which worked for us as OH is at home all day, but mabe worth a try with Ingrid?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 01:09:49 AM »
SHE IS GORGEOUS TOO

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 00:57:45 AM »
Who knew that the innocent little girl, who is the cover girl for Thanet Cats' Protection, would be such a pain! http://www.cats.org.uk/thanet

She was outside again this morning when I got up. I think I may need to bite the bullet and order it.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 18:26:13 PM »
THANKS LYN

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 18:23:52 PM »
Ingrid is a stunner!  :Luv2:

Hope the doorbell works as you need it to Gill.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 14:46:32 PM »
I HOPE SO TOO HELEN  ;D

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 13:12:08 PM »
Ooh she's gorgeous Mark, I'm a sucker for a white tummy and paws!  :Luv2:

I really hope it helps you Gill, it's much easier for us now we only have to get up when he's actually there :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 02:22:44 AM »
SHE IS STUNNING THOUGH  :Luv2: :Luv2:

WELL I HAVE 2 THAT GO OUT BUT HAVING TO KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH TO SEE IF THEY WANT TO COME IN IS WORSE AND DURINGBTHE WINTER THEY ONLY GO OUT MAYBE TWICE AT MOST.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 00:37:03 AM »
She looks big in that photo, but there is nothing of her (2.8kg)

We have the same problem as you Gill. Our back door is on the house extension and facing the former vet's extension. If there is any wind and a cat goes through the flap, it can end up staying partly open - I hoped the large pet door would be better than the old, basic flap, but it isn't much better.

I am in 2 minds now. With 3 cats coming and going, I will be up every 2 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 00:45:04 AM by Mark »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 23:51:48 PM »
Ingrid is a beauty and no mistake :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 15:32:21 PM »
LOVELY CAT MARK  :Luv2:

THANK YOU HELEN AND NOW HAVE ONE ON ORDER  ;D

MY DOOR IS IN WHAT I CALL HURRICANE ALLEY AND NO MATTER WHICH WAY WIND IS BLOWING IT HOWLS THRO THERE. WAS HOPING TO ATTACH IT TO BOTTOM OF DOOR WITH A VELCRO BUTTON BY THE CAT FLAP....NOW CLOSED OFF BUT THINK IT WILL BE TRIAL AND ERROR.

WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW WE GET ON  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »
Seriously considering one of these. I installed a large Sureflap microchip pet door last Week. Two are fine with it, but Ingrid won't use it to come in - I think the reason is that she runs at the door, which is fine going out, but going in, there is a slight delay while the lock opens, so she backs off. She got out overnight during the storm. Luckily she came when I called her, although unusually, I slept in late, so she could have been out for hours in it.

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 10:31:13 AM »
Hi Gill,

The sensor part is the unit on the right of the Amazon image, the bell unit has the cat on. For these sensor unit you actually tilt the bit that say This Side Up so that it facing the sky, it's not very big at all, maybe the diameter of a large mug I suppose? Ours hasn't moved at all, but as it's placed quite low to the ground it's a little protected? Velcro probably would work if you are worried, but if you are placing it near to the ground I don't think you will need it?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 14:07:42 PM »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH...................WHAT DOES THE SENSOR BIT LOOK LIKE?

WE HAVE VERY STRONG WIND MOST OF TIME WOULD IT BLOW AWAY COS LIKE THE IDEA OF NOT LEAVING IT OUT ALL THE TIME.

ITS BACK IN STOCK  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

CAN ATTACH WITH VELCRO SOMEONE HAS SAID. ITS GOT GREAT REVIEWS SO CAT DOOR BELL HERE WE COME  ;D ;D ;D

SEEMS THAT OTHERS ALSO DONT LEAVE OUT SIDE AND LOVE PINK PANTHA, THINKING PROBABLY SO DO I AND WILL FINALL FIND OUT IF THERE IS A VISITOR OUTSIDE  ;D ;D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING ABOUT THIS  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 14:14:35 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 09:50:51 AM »
Well still all good here with the doorbell! It's been out in rain and wind this week with no false alarms and is still working perfectly. Really pleased with it, I can relax more when his Highness is out, and I can get on with things round the house and not feel like I have to wait around checking to see if he's at the back door.

Plus the Pink Panther bell tone cracks me up every time!

We are currently only putting the sensor unit out when he goes outside, then bringing it in and turning it off when he's back, as I don't want to screw it in anywhere, and I figured that it will save on batteries an weathering!

A definite good buy as far as I'm concerned though if you don't have a cat flap

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 11:56:42 AM »
THANKS

OH DIDNT REALIZE IT SOUNDED IN THE HIUSE, THAT WOULD BE NO PROBLEM AND BETTER  ;D

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
No worries, I will let you know how we get on! So far it's worked perfectly, not sure how it will do in rain etc, but so far so good :)

The bell unit is portable, so you can place it wherever you want in the house, so it shouldn't bother anyone else at all. It has a volume switch too, so you can adjust the volume to what you want. You can also set it to just flashing lights if you don't want any noise at all :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
NO PROBEM AND ITS OUT OF STOCK BUT REALLY IMTERESTED IN YOUR FEEDBACK................HOW LOUD IS IT COS DONT WANT TO DISTURB THE NEIGHBOURS AND THEIR BACK DOOR NOT FAR FROM MINE WITH A HIGH WALL BETWEEN.

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:17:21 AM »
Hi Gill - so sorry I didn't notice your reply, been away for a little while! We actually only just got the doorbell and started using it today! It's a wireless movement sensor unit, that currently I have sat on a little pile of bricks pointing across the back door. Then there is a wireless 'bell and light' unit, battery powered, that flashes and makes a noise when the sensor is triggered. So far it seems to work, but we haven't had much testing time yet! I'm only going to put the sensor out when he goes out, so we don't get any false alarms at all hours lol!

We ordered it from Amazon - I'll update again when we have used it a bit more, but so far it just makes me laugh - one of the bell tunes is the Pink Panther!!  :rofl:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/InnovAdvance-AB-78110121-Cat-Doorbell/dp/B0068FTRCI

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 17:18:54 PM »
Whats the link to it.are you trying it cos I have the flap blocked up cos cant allow Lupin outside on his own but Misa and Sasa go out and cant get back in.

Offline HelenD

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 19:44:09 PM »
I hadn't either, it does sound good though.

I did wonder about false alarms, but I guess you have to experiment with location placement for the sensor, I think you can turn it on and off, so we would only have it on while he's out - don't want to get woken up in the wee hours to the Pink Panther theme...!  :naughty: :rofl:

Link to CatChat