Author Topic: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)  (Read 167809 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Waltham Forest Cats (London UK)
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »
So pleased about Lilly.   :)

Have a wonderful Holiday Sheila.  Will keep everything crossed all will go smoothly while you're away (and I'm sure that it will) and look forward to a Basil update in due course, bless his paws.  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »
Lilly turned out to be the snuggliest lap cat ever, but she really doesn't like male cats (I suspect from her loose breast tissue she's been used for breeding so may well have a deep suspicion of boy cats) so she sadly can't stay with me. However, the lovely Malcolm at North London Adoption Centre has graciously provided us with a placement for Lilly, so her future is assured.

Mark (Spidey) and I dropped her off yesterday afternoon. She's going to be just fine.  :Luv:

Whilst we were there, however, little Basil came up in conversation. I was pretty shocked to hear that another vet has examined him and he has severe ginigvitis, probably caused by FCV! Poor little guy this really reduces his chances of rehoming.  :(

I've had a word with Mr Sheilarose and he's agreed that if Basil is still looking for a home when we get back from our hols, he can come and live with us in the Tuftyclub. We've had Calici carriers before and our cats have been vaccinated, and hey, what's one more little cat in the great scheme of things?

So, I'm hoping the lovely Tad will keep you all up to date with the goings on here whilst I'm away, I know it won't slow down, in fact our new traps and crates are due to arrive tomorrow! All we need is some good weather, good health and good luck (and Mark's car back from the repair shop) and they can run things here without me.

Keep well efurrybuddy!  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2016, 08:17:51 AM »
What a dear little face, how could anyone want her PTS? Words fail me............................ :censored:

It beggars belief, doesn't it?  So glad the vet had other ideas. 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #272 on: April 23, 2016, 23:33:01 PM »
What a dear little face, how could anyone want her PTS? Words fail me............................ :censored:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2016, 08:58:42 AM »
 :wow: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:   Beautiful Gurlie!   :wow:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2016, 08:44:47 AM »
Lilly  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2016, 00:46:40 AM »
Rosie gone to her new home thats great  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2016, 01:35:16 AM »
Wow, that was quick! So glad that Rosie was snapped up by someone with very good taste in cats  ;D

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2016, 19:29:42 PM »
Having had a Lily myself I have a soft spot for any cat named Lily.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: And Lily Rose, aka Rosie looks like she's fallen on her paws  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Thanks for all the updates Sheila. And welcome to Purrs Tad  :welcome:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2016, 14:39:59 PM »
 ;D ;D  How fantastic!  She's a little beauty too.   :)  Someone is going to be very happy with her, methinks. 

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
  • Slave to: Missy Onyx / Panther Pooh Pooh / Miss JT / Tallulah / Hallie
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2016, 14:34:48 PM »
LILY-ROSE has left the building

Adoption now complete and the lovely LR is now known as ROSIE

She left with a bag of nice new toys ( donated from Max Pets E4 ) and the igloo she loved so much, her little safe haven
I'm so excited for ROSIE and her new life and I know we will have regular updates as Mark ( aka SpiderMan ) lives only a few doors away from ROSIE'S Guardian

A final photo call this morning  after breakfast of ROSIE chilling on my bed  :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2016, 06:58:41 AM »
 :) :)  So glad you could step into help another little Lily.   :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2016, 21:20:24 PM »
Well Tad worked her socks off today, Lily Rose now spayed, chipped and polished ready to go to her new home tomorrow, and she managed to find time to get little Basil to his adoption centre space in Archway adoption centre. All good.

We have another little one coming in this week for those paying attention, another Lily, this one a sweet unassuming 4 year old who was dropped off at her vet with instructions to PTS.  :( Well we couldn't have that could we?  :thinknot:

Keep an eye on Waltham Forest Cats FB page, I have a feeling she won't need us for long.  :Luv:

Also now our brave spider man Mark (spider man cos he's totally unafraid of even fat stripey ones) is back from his hols we're looking to pick up speed and bring some feral females in for neutering before the little strumpets start breeding again. The summer house is all scrubbed and primed ready to go. Hold on tight efurrybuddy!  :wow:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2016, 21:06:45 PM »
 :welcome:  to Purrs Tad great to seed more WFC CP peeps and Lily is gorgeous  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2016, 19:49:47 PM »
Hi Tad and  :welcome: to Purrs, it's nice to see you over here  ;D

Great to have updates from Sheila and Paula too  ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2016, 23:21:46 PM »
Hi Tad and welcome, just a friendly warning, we are all nuts on here - well cat mad anyway :naughty:

Another Pirate update, he is getting very brave now, I can walk past him without him skittering off, he now goes upstairs happily. I am sure that at some point he was owned because he seems to be expecting to be told off for some behaviours that are allowed here, like being upstairs, he is far more skittish than downstairs, he is getting used to being allowed to go into the bedroom although I have only seen him on the bed once and he leapt off PDQ. :shify:. Also, since he has been put on the kitten food I swear his paws have grown! They were so neat and now they are huge, the rest may catch up shortly but he has such a small head compared to my other kids that I think Sheila may be right when she said she thought he may be a bit dim. I can't remember her exact words, but BF said that they would make a good pair as neither of them had properly functioning brains :rofl:.  He loves the igloo bed on the landing and then when he gets too warm, lies at the top of the stairs and I can go to the loo without him taking fright and dashing down the stairs, I just talk to him as I approach, give him a quick ear scratch and walk on past. He is a delight and I can't see why he would be so difficult to rehome. Please forgive me if he sometimes gets referred to as Pye, Pirate is reserve for calling in out of the garden and for when he is naughty and goes on the tables, the only naughty thing he does. :Luv2:

He and Pippa continue to do their elephant impersonations every morning more and more frequently accompanied by Emo and Bob, how three cats weighing under three and a half :naughty: kilos can make so much of a noise escapes me, Emo at six and a half kilos I can understand :evillaugh:

Ta muchly Sheila

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2016, 21:06:34 PM »
Thanks for the welcome  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2016, 20:03:11 PM »
Hi Tad!!  A  big warm Purrs welcome.   :welcome:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2016, 17:47:47 PM »
YAAY TAD!  :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Purrs my friend  :cuddle:

Offline Tad

• Adult Cat
    • WF4C
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2016, 17:10:13 PM »
LILY-ROSE
Here is a photo of the lovely Lily-Rose all safe in her new Igloo
Tomorrow she will be neutered and given the 5 star treatment before going off to her new home
I'm going to miss her as she is so gorgeous and just wants to be loved  :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2016, 15:05:35 PM »
Update on Sooty and family, all four now placed with the lovely Madlin who has a disused riding stable in the Watford area. The family get to stay together! Top result all round.  :wow:

Back on home ground we have four TNRs and our first official WFCP rehoming this week!

The adorable Lily Rose, a petite black cuddlebum had been wandering for around 5 months. We know she had kittens some months ago but these were never found, so presumed perished. It's so very sad. We finally caught her this week in the early stages of pregnancy, which means a spay/termination, but at least we've saved a litter from the same fate as the last lot.

We also have a tiny boy by the name of Basil who came in as a stray, only 6 months old he will be off to the Adoption Centre tomorrow morning with the tireless Tad Davis  :bow:

And a revisit! Today I went to see a potential trapping for a tomcat that has been worrying two of last year's kittens. Remember the flu kittens Lorna and Mario? Yes, they're doing so well and are really beautiful, nicely behaved and thriving. This tomcat has been tailgating them into their lovely house and has sprayed, so he's on our radar to de-nut this week. I really do feel a great sense of achievement, their Mum was a feral (Theresa) and she is also in safe hands. So good to have follow up.  ;D

Next week we have a colony of ferals to address, and with spring firmly under way its the females we need to grab quick smart. Wish us luck, everyone.

Sheila, Tad and Mark
Waltham Forest Cats Protection Team.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2016, 22:36:25 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2016, 18:52:31 PM »
 :wow: :wow: Yay!  Well done Sheila  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2016, 17:21:32 PM »
Yaayy we caught the kitten!  :catluv: He's a bit spitty but as he's now got the chance to be reconciled with his mum, Dad and Brother it might make him feel a iddy bit better. The feeder has named him Sooty  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2016, 03:06:04 AM »
8 months that is terrible  :(

A pm reply sent Sheila  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2016, 23:14:05 PM »
Awww, Paula you made a tough rehoming easy for us, it's you who are the star here.  ;)

Another big bad tomcat caught last night and neutered, currently 4 recovering from their operations in my summerhouse, one was-pregnant female kitten no more than 8 months old herself, she will now get to enjoy her youth instead of becoming yet another gym slip mother.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2016, 22:56:14 PM »
So glad that 2 of Sheila's waifs and strays have found a happy home with you Paula. It's great to hear how Pirate is settling in with the others  ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2016, 21:51:24 PM »
Sorry, too tired last night.

Pippa is very pretty BIG girl, Sheila said when she brought Pirate down that she would have said she was over a year and not the same age as Pirate. She doesn't like to be too far away from me when she is indoors, but sleeps within paws reach. She has started doing this really cute thing of when I am only fussing her with one hand of oh so gently trapping my other hand in her front paws and bringing it down to her as well.

So my two Walthamstow Forest babies are complete sweethearts and I can't thank Sheila enough. :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2016, 14:46:45 PM »
Mognicent Sheila and hope you can get enough funding, always a reak problem in rescue.

Am sending you a PM

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2016, 22:48:34 PM »
Another Pirate and Pippa update as Pip was a Waltham Forest rescue too.

Pirate is thriving and getting bigger on a high protein kitten food diet as the vet said that his long bones still had a lot of growing to do and said that was what was needed, he has been getting sneaky steak when the others aren't around :naughty:, the wound on his head is looking a lot better with moisturising cream, although I will bear the manuka in mind if he opens it again, but he isn't scratching nearly as much or as hard as he was. He is getting very soppy and lurves his new Meoumy, he is getting very nosey and even ventures upstairs and onto the bed ;D

Speak about Pip when I get home

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2016, 21:36:38 PM »
Halfway into week one we have successfully TNRd a lovely stray boy we named Wonky, due to his half an ear, rescued a heavily pregnant female and moved her into rescue where she can have her babies in safety, brought an injured friendly stray in for neutering just after he was savagely attacked by the local Tom, so we nicked him too! And his two juvenile feral kittens.

Just need to get the littlest kitten indoors now and our first week will be complete at a staggering total of 7 rescues. At this rate my annual funds will run out in August!

The funding bid is in, I'm hoping I've budgeted enough! The donations kindly sent in have been submitted for gift aid, and should appear in our new shiny bank account in the next week or so, you've kept us afloat during this transitional period and no mistake!

More trapping is planned for the weekend, so we may in fact exceed these figures yet. I'm so happy!

Thank you, efurrybuddy!  :make difference:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2016, 13:57:38 PM »
Sheila, I'm sure you will go from strength to strength  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2016, 22:53:32 PM »
Thanks Sheila, will give it a go, and Waltham Forest CP will go to strength to strength I am sure. ;D ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2016, 06:53:19 AM »
It cant be anything else with Sheila in charge.  Well done to you and your little band of loyal helpers, Sheila.   ;D ;D :hug:  And no - it's definitely not "small stuff." 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2016, 23:10:15 PM »
I am sure it will be successful Sheila  ;D ;D ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2016, 22:09:52 PM »
Well, here we are folks!

We at Waltham Forest Cats Protection now have recognition.  ;D

I've been on the volunteer management course this weekend and we finally have a functioning branch policy!  ;D

I'm probably as anxious as I've ever been, this is not small stuff.  :-: But you know me, this will work despite me and my misgivings.  :innocent:

Thank you all for the moral. spiritual and financial support, I am determined this will be a success!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2016, 02:13:18 AM »
Wow Sheila you are doing so well  ;D ;D

An Amazon wish list is a good idea  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2016, 23:55:11 PM »
Thanks everyone! Not long now....

Paula, the vet was treating Pirate successfully with... .Manuka Honey! They swear by it, and he seemed to respond very well. Give that a try? Xx

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2016, 15:56:43 PM »
Sheila, you're an amazing lady. I take my hat off to you. I just don't know where you're getting the energy from  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2016, 15:14:18 PM »
Another Pirate update, and also a question although I will ask the vet when he has his second jab on Tuesday, is there any oil or something like bio oil that is safe to use on cats? The scar from the abscess on his head is very thick and obviously troubles him, he likes it being rubbed hard, but if I am not around to oblige he scratches it until it bleeds and scabs and then of course the scar is getting thicker.

He is integrating far more quickly than I had even hoped for ;D, this morning even Bob joined in the morning charge/bundle ;), she was the one giving me most concern as she sulked in the bedroom for most of the first three days and growled horrendously at him. He has ventured out through the cat flap, rather earlier than I had hoped, but he was playing in the garden with Pippa. I was so scared I had lost him and I saw the little head pop up on the rockery with Pippa stalking him, they came when I called them, so we played the come when you are called and get treats game half the morning, then he stayed in all week until this morning, he came flying in as soon as the rain and the hail started. He knows where home is :Luv2: He is getting very affectionate as he is getting braver, comes for fusses and cuddles. All in all things are going very well indeed. :wow:

Link to CatChat