Author Topic: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR Update on Kitty  (Read 72970 times)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
Re: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR 2
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2015, 07:42:50 AM »
I can't wait to hear about them coming home Mary  :Luv2:
We lost Cidie and Kennedy within 6 months of each other which was devastating however the house and our hearts felt empty without a cat in them so were down the rescue centre within a week. We went for one cat but well....you know....Callie and Monty were inseparable!  :Luv: :Luv:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2015, 20:45:02 PM »
We were cat free for a few months after Punky died at the age of 20 - we got her and her brother (who died the previous year) at the age of 7 weeks. I had promised hubby that I wouldn't get another cat straight away but I was soooo unhappy without at least one. Then Alfie turned up on our doorstep  :briggin:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2015, 14:41:10 PM »
Us crazy cat ladies aren't complete with at least one cat around. I remember a few years ago when I didn't have a cat for the first time every. My husband commenting that my only real ambition was to get another cat. He knows me so well. 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2015, 14:26:33 PM »
That's right  :rofl: :hug:

I never thought I would be wanting to clean out litter trays etc. as much as I do now  :evillaugh:

I have 2 trays ready for them and all the cat dishes I have ae all clean and waiting to be full of food and water.

Blankets, cat beds, my bed etc. are all waiting to be laid on  ;) :hug: :Luv2:

The most important things like the camera and my 100% love are definitely ready :Luv2: :hug: :Luv:

However, I am so glad that they take the time tomake sure they are  as well as they can possibly be before they let them go to their forever home.

Mary x
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2015, 11:01:14 AM »
They are well worth  the wait. :Luv: :Luv2:

I thought that your name was Mary? :-:

I think Mary was quoting the email from Linda at the RSPCA.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2015, 20:55:56 PM »
They are well worth  the wait. :Luv: :Luv2:

I thought that your name was Mary? :-:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2015, 11:30:39 AM »
Shame you have to wait a bit longer but it sounds like they are in good hands and being well looked after.  Bet you are impatient to get them home  ;D

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
Aaaw, I was thinking I was going to come on here today and you would have them home!!!

Sorry you have to wait longer Mary  :hug: but better safe than sorry
True but I bet you cant wait!!!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2015, 13:47:13 PM »

Sorry you have to wait longer Mary  :hug: but better safe than sorry

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
Yer, but NEVER a failed cat lover  ;)

Here's the latest email from RSPCA:

Kitty has now seen the vet, and is doing well. We have looked into her notes and the good news is, she has already been spayed, so we won't need to do that procedure.

The vet would like her to stay on some thyroid tablets for a further two weeks, and then we can do another blood test. If all is well, we can go ahead and give her a dental and an ears flush.

Kitty was really good for the vet - bless her! I hope you don't mind waiting a bit longer for them both - they are definitely worth the wait.

Thanks again for your patience,

Linda x

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2015, 15:25:54 PM »
Oh yes I forgot you were a failed fosterer lol

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2015, 15:22:15 PM »
That's great  :hug: Drum and Bass fell on their paws with you  :hug: :Luv2:

Similar thing with me and Bonnie as most of you know.  I said Iwould foster a cat, went to the RSPCA on the Friday and gave them my cat carrier and they brought it in to the Reception area and Bonnie was in it.

Didn't get a proper look at her until I let her out at home and the rest is a very lovely history  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
I didn't see my two before I collected them, just because there wasn't really time. I loved them straight away, though!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 15:57:53 PM »
Don't be sorry  :hug:  99% of the time that is a brill idea and it's something they actually do at the Halifax Branch.  At the moment I'm the 1% it's not good for  ;)

I presume Tisha has had her op as the vet said she was ok for it on 20th April. It's not that I don't care about her but my thoughts are more on Kitty at the moment with her high heart beat.  If they were here with me I would have one at one side of me and the other at my other side and plenty of kisses and Dreamies  ;) :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 09:11:06 AM »
Hmmm, I know you can if they are in the rescue but I don't think I want to.  If I meet them and then anything goes wrong I will be so upset and don't need any more upset at the moment.  I know I should be thinking 'half glass full' but after what I've been through this year I'm very cautious.

Mary

Sorry Mary, I didn't think about that - I see what you mean.
Fingers crossed that everything moves along quickly.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2015, 00:56:44 AM »
Mary I understand how you feel. I would be worried about getting fond of them, and then the hurt of not being able to have them if something goes wrong. Better to wait a bit longer until you know you can have them for keeps.
Julie.

I agree with Julie, I think, and it is absolutely up to you, that I would not want to bond and then find out that for some reason I could not take them home.

We all know how much you want this to be. :hug:, please don't invest yourself too  much too soon :hug: :hug: :hug:. You have had too much hurt this year already.

Saying that, they are smashing cats and I really hope that they work out for you. We all know that you will be enslaved in about oooh -0.5 seconds, if that :rofl:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 20:13:44 PM »
Has Tisha had her op??
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 19:47:54 PM »
I bet you're counting down the days!

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 16:35:43 PM »
Mary I understand how you feel. I would be worried about getting fond of them, and then the hurt of not being able to have them if something goes wrong. Better to wait a bit longer until you know you can have them for keeps.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 13:51:22 PM »
Hmmm, I know you can if they are in the rescue but I don't think I want to.  If I meet them and then anything goes wrong I will be so upset and don't need any more upset at the moment.  I know I should be thinking 'half glass full' but after what I've been through this year I'm very cautious.

Mary

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 13:44:40 PM »
Can you visit them before then?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 13:34:09 PM »
My waters haven't broke yet  :evillaugh:

Guess I should be having a 'cat shower' ;) ;)

I think the vet is seeing them a week today so fingers crossed they will be fit enough to come and see how soft I am  :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »
Watching with anticipation Mary, when do they arrive?

Tisha looks a bit like a big Boblet :Luv2: ( another girl with a boys name :evillaugh:), they are both very pretty girls :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
Very excited for you, Mary  ;D  Do you think they will be coming to you next week then?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 06:37:43 AM »

Bet you feel like an expectant Mum, Mary.   :)   Sounds like both are doing well.   Cant wait until they're home with you. :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2015, 19:39:51 PM »
I bet you can't wait for them to arrive Mary  :) :)
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2015, 13:47:29 PM »
Not here just yet  ;)

Because they need to have another vet check next week they are being fostered by a staff member.  Linda is emailing me with any updates.

Not fussy eaters yet  ;)  As soon as they see me they will kniw they can wrap me round their little paws  :evillaugh: :hug:

Using the litter tray and enjoying cuddles and sitting on the window sill watching the birdies  :rofl:

Julie, the manager has sent me the vet report and just waiting for the next report next week to seeif they can cometo me yet:

TISHA

Vet’s Notes:
Ghc ok has restricted movements in the hips give yumove, ok to spay

KITTY

Vet’s Notes:
Chronic ears, needs a dental has an irratic HR 200++ and has dropped beats, advise full blood to be done first

Vet’s Notes:
Bloods show that is mildly hyperthyroid give vidalta 10mg 1 sid for 2 weeks, also add in nisamox 50mg 1 bid and recheck to see how is doing in 2 weeks

Mary

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 16:57:12 PM »
 :allears:

Kitty and Tisha are lovely :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2015, 16:49:43 PM »
Very interesting Carol :thanks:

I was wondering why especially as she is going to be an indoor cat.

Hopefully I willhavesomenews foryou all tomorrow.

Mary

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2015, 16:27:19 PM »
Interesting - I didn't know that!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2015, 16:14:13 PM »
That's what I wondered but apparently so.  Cats don't have a menopause like we do and go on reproducing all their life  :Crazy: although they obviously become less fertile with age.  The main reason for doing it is to reduce the risk of pyometria which can be fatal and is more common in elderly unspayed cats.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2015, 13:01:06 PM »
Do they need to be spayed at that age?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 10:14:01 AM »
I will do Gill cos They deserve to keep their identity at least.

Very annoying that only one of them was spade.

Not heard anything yet but when I do I'll be on here with the good news.

Mary

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2015, 21:55:20 PM »
Definitely keep their names cos then they will feel at home.

15 years is a long time not to ne neutered and wonder how accurate ...............suppose could be the date of the chip.

They are beautiful  ;D ;D ;D

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2015, 11:05:21 AM »
Mary the age might be on the chip. But if so, how accurate is it. Grace came from the cats protection. If her age was on there it would have been ten as that was what was on her details. I have had her ten years now, but I'm pretty sure she can't be twenty. The best thing is to ask the shelter how they know they are fifteen.
Julie.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2015, 07:01:02 AM »

I would imagine so Mary.  Can't wait to hear more when you do.   :) :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2015, 20:01:58 PM »
They are lovely Mary  :Luv:  Bet you can't wait to meet them  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2015, 13:54:04 PM »
They are 15 so I presume from same litter. Maybe they got their age from the chip they had? .

Looking forward to more info tomorrow.

Mary

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2015, 13:00:58 PM »
Give them dreamies and they'll answer to any name.
Julie.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2015, 12:55:39 PM »

Mary - they're torties - you can call them what you like, they'll only answer if they feel like it!  :evillaugh: :Luv:

How old are they - have they been able to give you an approximate age?

Link to CatChat