Author Topic: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR Update on Kitty  (Read 73005 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR 2
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2015, 13:24:54 PM »
me 3  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »

Oh me too!   :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
I wish we were closer mary, I'd be up for that!!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
More exciting than that Sue cos it's 2 cats and not 2 kids  :evillaugh:

Maybe I should have a 'cat shower'?  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2015, 06:45:44 AM »

It's like being an expectant Mother.   :shy:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2015, 00:30:59 AM »
It will be a great day when they arrive.   :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2015, 22:40:40 PM »
Wonderful new Mary, so pleased :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2015, 16:28:30 PM »
I nam sure Kitty will start to feel better now  ;D

They are doing a great job for her  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2015, 15:01:45 PM »
You're right there Dawn, I'm gonna love them to bits and spoil them sooooooooo much  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2015, 14:49:34 PM »
bless them mary, they must have needed it, glad they will get to be in a loving home when all this is over

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2015, 14:43:28 PM »
Kitty is going through a lot bless her, got this email from the vet assistant this morning:

Morning Mary,

Kitty’s operation went well she had quite a lot of teeth removed and is on some antibiotics. She is doing fine so far, she is due to be checked next week so once she has seen the vet I will keep you posted.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »
Mary, hoping the time will pass swiftly and happily for you, and that the girls will be with you soon, sharing your splendiferous new bed!!   :wow: :wow:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2015, 05:46:20 AM »
I had two from being kittens for a full thirteen years, then nearly five more years until June 2006 , when bully went at nearly eighteen. Billy came in eight weeks later at two months old. He is still here. Wonderful experience to have both of those cats. You should enjoy it very much.  :hug:   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2015, 19:44:30 PM »
Many years aho I used to be part of various canasta groups and in one of them i ran ganes and some one used that cat in the hammock as my signature, cant for the life of me remember the music that was put to it  ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2015, 19:25:19 PM »
 :thanks: you 2  :hug:

Definitely our gain :Luv2:

Was thinking of going away for a few days but can't really afford to spend money on that cos just bought a king size bed which arrives next Nonday and had to buy new duvet and sheets and a couple of duvet covers to go with it  :rofl:

Maybe a few days in my new bed with plenty of room before they arrive will have to do  ;) :evillaugh:

Mary

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2015, 19:10:26 PM »
Mary, my two were in a similar situation - owner died and the family didn't want them. Their loss, our gain, eh?

Why don't you book a cheeky couple of nights' B&B while you're waiting for your girls? Make the most of your free time before you're a full-time slave again!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2015, 19:05:56 PM »
Hope everything goes well for her and she recovers quick  :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2015, 18:06:14 PM »
Had a call from the vet assistant this afternoon and she said that Kitty was having her dental.  She said the reason for the ear wash was because she was so timid they didn't want to put drops in and clean them so they are doing it when she is under the anaesthetic having her teeth done. She will let me know tomorrow what she had done. She will be on anti-biotics for a week and then see the vet again next Tuesday or Wednesday.  So it looks like it might be the back end of next week when I become a mum again ;)

Mary

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »
Thanks you 2  :hug:

Dawn it seems so on the outside BUT inside I'm going crazy  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

The thing is, when I got Bonnie from them she had received all her care and had everything done and I could get her straight away.

Also, with me being a volunteer for them and doing the home checks for the cats I know what they have to go through tomake sure the cats are ok to go.  It's really good that they do all this but I must admit my patience is being tested but it will all be wrth it when I'm cuddled up to them next week.  Our king size bed will be here on Monday 1st June so I'll be getting that ready for us all  :hug: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
you have the patience of a saint Mary!

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
It's been a long wait for you Mary. But will be well worth it to have had the old girls properly checked out and treated.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
It's getting nearer the time  ;D :Luv2: :hug:

This is the email I received yesterday so if all goes well today, they might just keep her another week for her mouth to heal:

The cats were dumped because the owner passed away and the daughter didn’t know what to do with them, unfortunate but at least they are going to have a wonderful life with you now.

Kitty will be kept on the vidalta once she is adopted and will need to stay on that for the rest of her days I think, this will help manage it.

When I said the bloods came back fine I was meaning she was ok for the anaesthetic for her dental. We will go thorough everything to do with her medical when you adopt her. It’s a bit difficult at the moment as she is still on-going with treatment, but as soon I know I will let you know.

Kitty’s Blood results have come back fine. Kitty is going up for her dental and ears flushing tomorrow.

After Kitty has had her dental she should not need any further treatment for that once her mouth has healed.

Her ears may be an ongoing thing, they may need drops to maintain clean ears, but we will know more after they have been flushed.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
Don't know Gill  :(

I emailed Julie, the Manager this morning to ask if any thing's been done this week.  I told her I'm like a little girl waiting for Santa to come down the chimney  :rofl:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2015, 20:46:47 PM »
When are they coming Mary ?

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2015, 14:15:33 PM »
I totally agree. LOL.
Julie.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2015, 13:11:21 PM »
I think no matter how big the bed is, cats will always manage to hog most of it!  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2015, 22:24:37 PM »
Yep, maybe 1% of the time Bonnie would sleep the same way as me but 99% straight across or on my back :rofl:

Mary

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2015, 18:24:12 PM »
It's an unwritten rule that cats always lie across the bed and so take up way more room than if they lay the other way.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 14:09:12 PM »
I bet I'll still be hanging off the edge  :evillaugh: ;)

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
Dont know how I coped with a smaller bed, Misa so huge he takes over half of this bed LOL

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »

Mary, I love that you're getting a bigger bed for better cuddling.  It's a thought that's crossed my mind a lot of late too.   :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »
Getting exciting now, Mary ;D ;D ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2015, 21:57:56 PM »
Fingers crossed that these lovely ladies will be with you soon  ;D

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2015, 21:42:44 PM »
I did exactly the same thing!
Julie.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2015, 20:37:50 PM »
I thought they had arrived then reread!

I hope they will be be with you next week  ;D ;D

They sound lovely

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2015, 17:00:03 PM »
I think all her reservations might go when I get the Dreamies out  ;)

Mary

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2015, 16:51:19 PM »
Its getting closer! Fingers crossed for the blood test on monday  :crossed:

Denzel & Dexter have never really snuggled together since they were really small, as long as they get on thats the main thing.

I think you often find with pairs there is one thats really confident and hopefully Tisha will help Kitty to relax if she is more reserved x
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2015, 16:02:04 PM »
Had another email from Linda thismorning:

Tisha is the most confident, so she likes to take over the sofa! Kitty might like one of the hooded beds to start with, (or even a cardboard box) as she may take a little longer to relax in a new home. She will probably hide somewhere at first.

I haven't seen them cuddling up together, but they seem perfectly happy in each others company. When I first brought them here, they were in the same basket in the car and they were fine - no hissing or anything like that.

I have put down two large litter trays for them, and they are happy to use them - no accidents yet!

They have never tried to go outside. I think they would enjoy being in your company, and would just sit on the windowsill and look out.

As they are two lovely oldies, they probably don't play as much as a younger cat would, but I have still put some toys down for them if they want to play - ping pong balls and toy mice.

Kitty is seeing the vet on Monday to have another blood test, so I will let you know as soon as we get the results back.

Thanks again for your patience,

Linda x

They sound great don't they?

Blood test Monday, results on Tuesday and then the dental and ear wash so fingers crossed it all happens quickly.  Mind you, I have ordered a new bed and yes, I wentforthe king size for extra room for us all and it's not coming until the 1st June.

Mary

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2015, 00:51:27 AM »
It's great how we all appreciate how we all feel about being without a cat or 2  :hug: :Luv2:

I've never waitedfor something as long as this before but at least I'll be happy knowing they are both healthy when they get here.

I so miss having a kiss and cuddle before going to sleep and even being woke up during the night.

I've been thinking of getting a new bed, maybe I should get a king size now I'm getting 2 cats  :evillaugh:

Mary

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2015, 14:52:00 PM »
I know how hard it is to be cat free for a time.  I lost our last cat Chloe 6 years ago to a brain tumour.  My Asthma has since got worse, so now I doubt if I could have a kitty, and I at least need to do a series of cat tests first (I'm not allergic).  I do have my Cairn x who grew up with cats, so is very cat like.  It still doesn't feel the hole of a cat though.  I just get pleasure from watching cat videos on You Tube, and finding more about cats on Pinterest.

I can't wait for you two get your two new kitties, it's going to be so exciting.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 14:53:01 PM by Purdy Bear »

Link to CatChat