Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 3604 times)

ccmacey

Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 16:34:22 PM »
Yes M&S are good around £53 for my 3 eldest (2- 4 yo) and around £73 for my little man.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 16:28:41 PM »
M&S....is this Mark's and Spencer's pet insurance???

Yep, you can get a quote online  :)
Males under a year are the most expensive to insure, my 2 year old is more than my 7! I assume he will get cheaper and then then go back up when he hits 8  >:(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 09:56:50 AM »
At least if his bladder was empty he can't be blocked, which is good news.  But yes, I'd try to get a sample at home one way or another if you can and they take it to the vets so that they can check it.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 09:52:13 AM »
Maybe it may be worth them giving you the special pack of non absorbant litter to Analise his pee, I'm surprised they didn't do that as a precaution.............. hope the little Bob-star gets better soon

xx

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 08:08:26 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. Bobby was very brave yesterday - the vet was not 100% sure if he has an infection as his bladder was empty so she could not get a sample but she said his symptoms pointed in that direction. He got a jab for and some drops to be given twice a day.....there was a big wee in the sand box this morning!!!!!!! So the muti seems to be working already! He is weighing in at 560g!!!!! I thought he was heavier but my scale must be wrong!

M&S....is this Mark's and Spencer's pet insurance???

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 22:37:45 PM »
I was with Sainsburys and they were very good but I moved to M&S cos I just get a better deal.  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 20:30:49 PM »
M&S get my vote, they pay up quickly and covered a dental   ;D
They cover £7000 per year so a life long condition is covered.

In regards to paying vets direct, most companies will do that but it entirely depends on if your practice accepts that method.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »
I was with Petplan but have moved everyone over to Halifax as a friend said they pay out very quickly and are helpful and the premiums are brilliant, far far cheaper than Petplan.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
M&S get lots of recommendations on here.  I'm with petplan which I'm happy with, although they're not the cheapest and their excess for older cats is rather high (M&S offer a no excess option).  Make sure you examine the small print in detail as policies aren't identical so you can't just go by the premium paid - sometimes what looks like a good deal isn't because a lot is excluded or the amount of cover is low.  Also, it's best to go for a policy that has a max payout per year rather than per condition - that way they will pay out year after year for a chronic condition and not stop paying out when you reach the max amount.

Bear in mind that any pre-existing conditions will be excluded.  If the vet confirms that Bobby does have a UTI then that may affect any future claims for similar.  I'm not sure if it would but it might so it would be something worth checking out just so that you know.

Hope he's ok, bless him.  Best get him to the vets fairly quickly in case he's blocked as that can be very serious.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »
Good Luck Bobby!

Hope it all goes ok  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »
Oh bless his heart...................hope its not a water infection but at least the vet can check give him a kiss for me and from mine

xx

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »
 :thanks: I am off to the vet with him today for a check-over. I suspect he may have a bladder infection as he seems to struggle to wee...he gets into the crouching position and concentrates very hard, but there is only a little spot. He often walks around mewing and when I put him in his sand box, he immediately goes into the wee crouch again but with little success.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:51:05 AM »
I use Sainsburys and they are pretty cheap.

Not wanting to tempt fate, but... I haven't had to claim yet so i can't tell you how quickly they pay out etc.

If you shop around i'm sure you will get a good deal

ems
xx

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:47:12 AM »
I have Tesco higher policy I have all of mine insured with them (apart from horses) I can honestly say I have never had a problem with them and they settle the bill direct with the vet. As long as you choose the higher policy they will cover any illness or injury for life

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/insurance/petins/index.jsp its the Tesco Extra cover not the standard

kisses to the bob star

xx

Offline 4BOBBY

• Adult Cat
  • Bobby
Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »
 Good morning. I have been thinking about taking out Pet Insurance for Bobby......not a common practice in South Africa.....any suggestions as to the best policy / company??????

Link to CatChat