Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 12555 times)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 18:13:17 PM »
Thanks Sheila, for the welcome and for the advice! I was going to ask elsewhere when it would be appropriate to get her fixed, and now I have the answer. I'll get started during the week.
Hopefully not all of her behaviour will change - some of it is hilarious! I have several toys that the other cats have spurned, that have come out again. Some of them are on the end of elastic, and have to be put away, or she could hurt herself. Whenever I open the box they're in, she's in like a shot, and I have to chase her to get the toy back!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 18:04:33 PM »
Hey Dave, welcome home.  :welcome:

Have you checked the online lost pet sites for her? Animal Search UK and National Pet Register instantly spring to mind, also lots of folk turn to Gumtree and advertise missing and found cats there.

If she's not spayed that will almost certainly be adding to her behaviours. Definitely worth having a chat with your vet, you've already done the legal minimum of advertising her and as she's been "lost" for more than seven days you can take action to have her spayed as a stray cat under the CPL or RSPCA supported neutering schemes. Ask your vet if they participate, some don't but most have some affiliation with rescue organisations.

It's great that she found you to care for her, I sincerely hope your other cat Clio is with someone as caring as you.  :hug:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 17:49:06 PM »
I dropped out of sight a while back, when my life took quite a downturn but, thanks to the birthday greeting which dropped into my inbox on Wednesday, I've found my way back. I couldn't find an introduction thread, so here it is, nearly eight years late!
I had to give up all my cats,but thanks to the kindness of Gina at the cat rescue, I got two of them back, Bramble and Clio. Sadly, Clio made a dash out of the front door (they only had access to the back, and got lost at the front) and hasn't been seen for over a month.
The main reason I came back was the wonderfully helpful people here. I may need some advice soon.
A couple of weeks ago, a small cat, probably about 9 months old, wandered in and refused to leave!
I've done all the stuff you're supposed to do, like checking for a chip, asking neighbours, and contacting vets and rescues, all to no avail. One thing that might have hindered finding where she came from is that I started keeping her in quite early. She hasn't been spayed for one thing, and it's firework season round here, so a lot could go wrong if I leave her to roam.
She's a bit of a handful, so I'm starting to wonder if she's been abandoned. That could be wishful thinking though!

Link to CatChat