Author Topic: whisting nasel breathing  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: whisting nasel breathing
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 22:52:27 PM »
Also so pleased you went to the vet and it can be helped, sending loads of get well vibes  :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 21:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the update! I am so glad that you caught this at a stage when it is easily treatable.

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
Re: whistling nasel breathing
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 21:13:47 PM »
It came to us from the vets that he has fluid on his lungs. he is on medication to rid it from his system and fingers crossed it is moved off it. :( The medication works well with his heart medication so we should see a difference in a few days. The vet was very happy to have found it early due to our quick thinking and worrysome way. I advise anyone who is slightly worried about anything to get it checked out before it gets worse. Fingers crossed my baby fights this and comes out on top.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 17:39:36 PM »
he could well have polyps in his nasal passages - they are not uncommon, and I don't think they are worrisome unless they grow big enough to impede breathing

my Tosker grunts and wheezes all the time, especially when washing himself, eating and drinking, because his sinuses are misshapen, but he never struggles for breath, which is of course the reallybad sign
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 22:47:21 PM »
I find mine make strange noises if they have got in a strange position and once they get into a more normal position the noises stop.

If he is whistling all the time I would get in touch with your vet again

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
whisting nasel breathing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 21:19:10 PM »
I am looking for some tips and advice before our vet appointment to help my Licky out.

As some know my Licky is 16years old, male, neutered. He has hyperthyroidism and a heart condition, which he is on medication for. Recently Licky has a bad turn and has recovered.

I am posting as i recently noticed Licky has been whistling thru his nose when breathing. Its not all the time. Just laying dosn on his chest with his head stretched out or when he is eating and sometimes sniffing. We have an appointment for next week and vet asked me to bring him in sooner if breathing chances or if becomes worse. He isnt overky concerned as Licky is eating, drinking etc as normal. I just wondered if anyone had experienced this and or advice to maybe help him out a bit before then. It cant be nice.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 22:41:52 PM by Stezzle »

Link to CatChat