Author Topic: help accessing forum on phone  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: help accessing forum on phone
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 07:19:27 AM »
Thanks Helen. I thought it would be something like that. I didn't realise my giff gaff ip was one of them floating ones. So what does it take to reset the ip? Close down and reopen safari? Or close phone?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »
I think I've fixed it for you Susanne, the Giff gaff IP address your phone is using had been banned as a spammer had been using it - loads of other (non-spammy) people had used that IP in the past so I've adjusted the real spammers ban by removing that IP as a trigger... meaning you should be fine to use 3G on your phone to access Purrs :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 02:16:15 AM »
I can't access Purrs on tapatalk now.  getting the banned message.  It's really worrying me.  Jaffa made a howly noise earlier and I thought he was going to have another seizure but he didn't and I've spend the last hour on the sofa with him.  he likes it and seems calm when I lie with him but I can't do that all the time.  I can't get to the laptop then and at other times like when I'm out (on way to vet or something) and it really helps to be able to get on here but if I can't access it by phone then I can only get on here when I'm at home and can use the laptop. If I go to work tomorrow I will rely on my phone to get on here.

Please does anyone know why this is happening?  Is it someone who has been banned and was using the IP address that I seem to be now using?  I don't really understand what is happening.  It's not a case of not being able to get on here it's that I'm getting the message saying that I'm banned.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 01:03:24 AM »
I dont know anythi ng about this but seemed to remember that while Tan was updating auction stuff at night I tried pm her but she didnt get it...........think that was tappa thingy!

She couldnt see while she was posting and dont know if she could see it at all

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 23:19:31 PM »
Right I'm on the laptop now.

The banning message comes up when I access the forum on my iphone via Safari and using my phone service provider (giff gaff on O2).  I panicked and thought what the heck is going on.  Then I tried it on my laptop and no problem (using IE and Sky bband).  Before I read Tan's message I then suddenly remembered I had Tapatalk app on my phone so thought I'd give that a go and see if I can access it that way and yes I can.  That's still using my phone service provider and not wifi.

I can manage with tapatalk and it's a relief to be able to access Purrs on my phone as when I'm with Jaffa on the sofa he leans into me so if I get up it disturbs him which I don't want at the moment obviously.  I want him to sleep as much as possible.  I am relying heavily on the support and advice of Purrs peeps at the moment so it panics me to think of not being able to get on here when I'm not at home or just can't use the laptop for fear of it affecting Jaffa.  However I do prefer to access Purrs normal internet site via safari.  I dont' have a problem using it on my phone and have got used to navigating and zooming in on bits.  I think I find it easier to have something that looks the same however I access it.  So I would like to go back to being able to do that.  I've been doing it that way since I got my phone last May and never had this before. 

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
help accessing forum on phone
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 21:53:35 PM »
Is that through your phone or  computer? It will be because of your internet ISP IP address it's using to at the time. Ie it could be using a dynamic IP address that has been banned . 
Can you still log in on your pc ok? If so it's definitely the connection route on your phone.

Does tapatalk work on ya phone ? It is easier to use to post than seeing forum in safari as I phone is small screen.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 21:44:07 PM »
When I try to go into purrs on Internet I get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 21:38:17 PM »
Well this is interesting. I just had the idea of trying tapatalk. I don't normally use it as i prefer to view the normal Internet forum in Safari but I have downloaded the app. It looks as though I can access it on here. Let's see if this posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 21:17:49 PM »
Hi hun I'm on iPhone now 
Checked in Safari and on tapatalk at the mo. Which one do you use? I tapatalk do you have latest version ? 2.5.2 it has orange bar at top.
X
Also are you using iPhone from your home internet connection ie through a wifi router or through your iPhones mobile meteor like orange for example?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 20:51:56 PM »
I don't know whether this is an iphone issue or a purrs problem or what.  I tried to get on here via my phone and it said sorry Susanne you have been banned from using this forum!  However I seem to be able to access it on my laptop.  I've been using my phone for the past year ok.  anyone have any idea what might be going on?  I really need to be able to get on here with my phone at the moment with Jaffa being so poorly.  can't survive without purrs!

Link to CatChat