Author Topic: Sadly need to rehome our our boy Leonard (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 6083 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Sadly need to rehome our our boy Leonard (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 07:01:28 AM »
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline raggiedoll

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Willow, Kami, Schumy, Dexter
Re: Sadly need to rehome our our boy Leonard
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 00:19:51 AM »
Did you find a home for.him?

Offline Krissy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Leonard
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 00:04:42 AM »
He is still with us at the moment, and my poor girlfriend is still suffering! I'm still hoping a loving forever home will come along for the little fella.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 17:18:34 PM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 18:09:07 PM »
Hi Krissy so sorry to hear you are having to give up your furbabe.

If you want help post ing pics you can email them to me fussy_furball@hotmail.com and I can put them on this thread for you  :hug:

The information in this link may be of interest:  http://www.patient.co.uk/health/House-Dust-Mite-and-Pet-Allergy.htm

"Dogs and cats should be bathed at least once a week in plain water. Remember to dry the animals properly afterwards. It has been proved that a weekly 'cat wash' lowers the level of allergens in the house. A special solution to wipe over dogs and cats regularly is also available".

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 18:21:22 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 14:41:01 PM »
If you ask for him to be put on the list at a local shelter and ask them to rehome him directly from you. Then he wouldn't need to actually go into the shelter. The likelyhood of actually finding a shelter that will take him at the moment anyway is pretty remote, as they are all finding it difficult to cope with the amount of unwanted cats. They might have someone who is looking for a cat that they could match up with you.

Good luck

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 14:36:08 PM »
lots of rescues don't use pens but keep cats in foster homes so hopefully he would be ok with that

Offline Krissy

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 14:34:11 PM »
Thank you so much for your speedy replies. I also heard that about Gumtree, it makes me sick to think people do such things. As I mentioned before he is quite highly strung when put in unfamiliar situations and I'm worried the stress of being put in a rescue centre would be to much for him. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that he is just over a year old, and been neutered and had his jabs.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 14:13:01 PM »
my mistake, speed reading  :naughty:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 14:11:59 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Krissy. 

Dawn I think Krissy said he couldn't bare to put Leonard on Bumtree.  Quite right too  :agree:

Sorry for the predicament you are faced with Krissy.  I agree with Dawn that you should try to contact local rescues for your area as they can help you find the right home if they have time.  Look at this link for some rescues for the Essex area

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 14:12:19 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 13:53:30 PM »
please take the ad off gumtree, its where people involved in dog fighting go for bait - please do put him with a rescue, they will care as much as you do about where he ends up and find him the right home, you may have to wait a bit as they are all very busy with kittens at the moment

Offline Krissy

• Kitten
Sadly need to rehome our our boy Leonard (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 13:42:51 PM »
Hi there,
            I have never posted on any forum EVER, so please excuse any rooky errors. With great sadness we are faced with having to rehome our gorgeous tabby and white moggy. My girlfriend is extremely allergic to him, to the point where she has become asthmatic and mistakenly had a tooth removed due to inflamed sinuses. We have tried every method we can think of to get around this such as regular grooming, petal lotion and medications all to no avail. He is absolutely beautiful and very intelligent although somewhat highly strung. I think that may be a result of him being an only cat and somewhat spoilt. He loves to play fetch and is very, very loving. I could not bare to put him in a cat sanctuary, or just put an AD on Gumtree. we need to be sure he is going to a loving home. We are in the Essex area, I can email pics or post on here (when I figure it out!)

Thanks for taking the time to read our 1st ever post!

Krissy and Leonard
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:01:15 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat