Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Hiya
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 14:55:10 PM »
The only thing is the other two kits and even the adult cats have noticed he is getting tuna all the time and seem to be going off their foods :tired:
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 14:21:49 PM »
Thats good, at least they will have some nutrition in them!
Its not a bad thing that he wont eat dry, imo a wet diet is much better.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 13:51:23 PM »
He will still only eat Hi life tuna,and Feline faye tuna and prawn,wont eat the dry tuna biscuits,have mixed a few biscuits in with his tuna meal though, but can only put a few in and mash them when they are soggy.The other two are starting not to eat all there food because they can smell his tuna. :scared:
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
Hows the food problem going, have you managed to wean him off his tuna? Little junkie  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 08:51:03 AM »
Aww, bless them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
Simba and Sabre are still doing a lot of hissing and growling at each other,Sky just gets on with everyone,they are all sleeping for a lil bit at the moment,so thought I would come on here for a quick break, our other cat Geri is hissing at then too,but Corky is just keeping away from them all at the moment,Simba still slept away from them last night,(might keep them all together in our room tonight (3 kittens) see how it goes.Simba jumped on Sky's back earlier and just lied there on top of her. Prob have more fun and games when they wake up again :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 16:58:42 PM »
thats fantastic news having the all clear wooooooooohooooooooooo lets hope the meeting goes well with the others   :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 16:41:46 PM »
Good news the vet gave Simba the all clear,and he had his first vaccine, we let him meet the other two kittens as the vet said it would be fine.Simba was doing a lot of hissing and growling at them, but he was also playing with them too. He is sleeping right now on his own,so we will try them again later.Sky the girl kitten doesn't seem afraid of anything but Sabre is more layed back.
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 08:06:11 AM »
At the moment I wouldn't worry if it is kitten or adult, just that it is a complete food, if he likes it, you can try mixing it with kitten food, but as MM said, they haven't always had kitten food
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 17:41:26 PM »
An adult cat meal is better for a kitten than just tuna so its good he will eat it! Not many years ago kitten food didnt exist, they ate adult  ;D
The salmon pate by hi life is very pongy so you could try that, and its complete.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2007, 13:41:02 PM »
Hey Mark brought the tuna and prawns meals buy felinefayre, and he gulped it down,just worried that it is not kitten food though,but it does have all the vitamins in :thanks: I will have to try him on the others flavours too,you should of heard the noises he was making as he was eating it,think he wanted to eat the whole tin(but i gave him half) don't want him to be sick.Maybe he will go crazy for prawns now. Does anyone now of a prawn kitten food maybe he would gulp that down too. :)
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 15:09:33 PM »
Thanks Linda :thanks:
Caroline xx

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 14:44:49 PM »
Please report her Caroline and stop her from doing this again.  She has played on you being a good person with the kittens interests at heart.  I know its really hard when you only want the best for these babies but somehow we must stop these breeders from doing this. 

I am here if you need any advice Caroline.  Hope the little one is doing a bit better.  If you are struggling to get the lil one away from Tuna to catfood I would try introducing him to a little white chicken and fish to start with, almost pureed if you like and then start adding in kittenfood. 

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 14:28:17 PM »
Hi Linda
we wern't going to get the kittens after we found out,thats why we went to another and got two more,but when we told her she said that she wouldn't give us our depost back, which was a lot of money to us. She said the two kittens we were getting from her were fine and well and she had her vets word.So hubby said we will just take one of the kittens then,so when he brought it home we wern't expecting it to be not well.We did explain everything to our vet before we got him, and when we found out he wasn't well we took him straight there.But I would of hated to thought of what would of happened to him if we didn't look after him. :(
Caroline xx

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 13:02:35 PM »
Hi Caroline

I have gone through this post and must say I am surprised you went ahead with the bengal kittens despite lots of good advice from people on the bengal cat forum.  These people are reputable breeders who tried to help prevent this very situation occuring.  I know it must be tempting to be offered kittens at a cut price but as per the advice you were given, you should really have walked away from this breeder weeks ago.

I know this sounds a bit harsh but its only by not buying these 'cheaper' kittens in the first place with no full papers that you will stop this from happening again and again.  Poor babies!

I think you should report this breeder now.  Please ensure the health of the babies by working very closely with your vet to give them every chance they deserve.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
Thanks guy's for all your help and advice,must go one of the kittens is meowing, will try and come back soon :thanks:
Caroline xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 19:49:08 PM »
I put this on another thread for someone else but Asda are selling Feline Fayre tuna & prawn. It's flakes of all white meat with the jelly & vitamins added to make it a complete meal. It looks like you could eat it yourself!! - It's on longterm offer - a pack of 3 cans for £1.00
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 20:03:34 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 18:40:52 PM »
Just thought of another tuna food, Applaws do one that is plain tuna flake as well as a few other tuna flavours  ;D
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 17:50:05 PM »
Hi warm  :welcome: to ya and ya babes.

Sorry for little Simba (great name  ;D) is not very well.  :( 

I feed my lad Rio on Tuna tins either from Hilife or his fav the little tin of Gormet tuna and shrimp. It is real tuna and has vitamins etc in them. You can but them at most supermarkets now. Looks like this pic

Hope Simby gets better soon.  sending love & wishes acros.

And love to see pics of all ya babes  ;D ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 17:51:10 PM by Tan »

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 17:18:33 PM »
who would be the best people to get in contact with about this breeder?
#

This breeder definately needs reporting. It is against guidelines to sell kittens that are not fully vaccinated at least 7 days prior to going to their new homes at 13 weeks absolute minimum and in good health. This being her cats last litter is no excuse whatsoever, I am absolutely disgusted that someone is selling kittens in this state and then not wanting anything to do with it when you ring her for advice.

It will say on the kittens pedigree who they are registered with (GCCF, FIFe or TICA). If the kitten is GCCF registed you will have a transfer certificate.

If FIFe: http://www.felisbritannica.co.uk/organisation.htm contact details are there for breeding, health and welfare committee
If GCCF: http://www.gccfcats.org/contact.html
If TICA: http://www.tica-uk.org.uk/html/contacts.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 17:19:10 PM by Team Svartalfheim's »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 15:42:53 PM »
 :thanks:Milly's mum
I did think that it should be all right for the other now,because we have had the healthy kittens for four weeks now,and they all seem fit and healthy, we are also in the stages of ordering materials to build a cat run in our garden for them,(Hubby will be making it)
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 15:39:40 PM »
Can't believe I forgot about HiLife tuna seeing as I fed it to Molly this morning!! HiLife do 2 complete tuna foods, one is a small tin, one is a pouch, both available from Asda and both on offer at the mo, 4 for £1 (the salmon ones MM mentioned are in teh offer). the fishy ones in Multipacks are complimentary, so unless he is eating dry or a decent amount of a/d, I would avoid those. The bigger tins of tuna HiLife are complimentary.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 15:33:25 PM »
Your other kittens breeder sounds less than great if she let them go without vaccinating, by 13weeks they should be fully covered.  :shify:

You can buy cat tuna with vitamins added to it eg hi life, desley can tell you if its complete or not but would be better then human tuna. Hi life also make tins of salmon pate, these are complete and they stink so that may interest him! Tesco sell them  :)

If your other cats are healthy and the kittens too then i would let them mix, they are already sharing any germs they have by accessing the house whilst big cats are out

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 13:56:39 PM »
Thanks Gill (will do that)
Caroline xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 13:49:13 PM »
I just noticed that you said he would only eat ad diet with tuna nixed in.............well i would do exactly that cos thats much better than tuna on its on. Once he is eating that then slowly reduce the tuna and mix with a kitten food and then reduce the ad till its all kitten food.

Tiggys idea is also good.

Totally agrre with Desley that the bredder is terrible and should be reported, doest sound like she a registered breeder.

I am plaesed you ahve the kitten cos at least it stands a chance.

We have a bengal expert or two on Purrs.........Gail and Linda, so would post a message up called help from bengal person please and put the link of this thread in..........I am sure Linda who has 5 or 6 bengals will be able to give some advice and also Teresa of Paws Inn can on kittens  ;D

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 12:31:20 PM »
Thanks Tiggy's mum
Oops just noticed I called you Tigger sorry :-[
Caroline xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »
Sorry, yes - tuna water is the 'juice' from tuna in brine.  I used to drain the juice out and then add some more water to the tuna to make a second portion of 'juice'.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »
Thanks Tiggers mum
What is tuna water? is it the water thats in the tin?
Thanks Forever missing my boys too, who would be the best people to get in contact with about this breeder?
Caroline xx

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 12:08:58 PM »
hi  :welcome: to purrs
sorry to hear ur little one is poorly
and as des said id defo report the breeder if i was u  :hug:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 11:23:05 AM »
Hi Felix and  :welcome: to Purrs

Sorry to hear little Simba is poorly, would love to see pics of your lot - 3 bengal kittens, I'm very jealous!

To try and wean Simba off the tuna, which as Desley pointed out does not contain the right nutrients to be fed exclusively, you could try adding tuna water to ordinary cat food.  This way no matter what flavour you give him it will taste of tuna.  I used tuna water to encourage my elderly cat to eat when she was poorly and it worked a treat.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »
Yep I will get some picts done soon :hug:
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 10:45:12 AM »
your very welcome - would love to see pics at some point.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »
Me too!
Its been nice talking to you and thanks for your advice. :thanks:
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »
Fingers crossed it is the last litter of cats, she doesn't seem to be very good. I do hope she is better with dogs though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
Yep we will spread the word, she was recomended to us aswell  >:(
She also breeds dogs (greatdanes) she told us when we viewed the kittens that this was her cats last litter (2nd litter) and she was only doing the dogs now.
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
Definitely report her, that doesn't sound like a good, caring breeder!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:18 AM »
 :thanks: again Desley
have tried some of the hills a/d from the vets,he turned his nose up at it with and without the tuna mixed in.We have been intouch with the breeder and she won't help in anyway,she keeps saying that her vet said he was fine to go and everything,she won't help with any costs,I am glad that we have him now as I would of hated to think what might of happened to him if we didn't have him :'(
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »
I would be reporting the breeder by the way, not only have they sold you a sickly kitten (which I think is against breeders guidelines), but to be sold a cat that has been fed an inadequate diet. I would consider getting some kitten milk replacer or Hills a/d from the vets, and seeing if that helps, as if he has only had tuna after mum's milk, it will make it harder to get better, as it doesn't contiain everything they need. IF he has a runny nose, he wont want to eat as he wont be able to smell, maybe heating the food up will help. Good luck with him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:23:22 AM »
Simba the sick one is so hard to feed too, sitting with him here now while i am on the computer,he has only ever eaten tuna in brine, (the breeder said) so I have been trying to give him tuna whiskers kitten food and biscuits to get him on a proper diet.Been mixing his tuna with kitten tunahe picks at it,so yesterday and today I have been giving the kitten tuna to him on its own,he has been eating some of it,but this morning he seems to be taking forever. :(
Caroline xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »
They certainly do!! Good luck, I foster, so know how hard it is to have them all separated!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat