Author Topic: Hello from Hayley & Mercy  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hello from Hayley & Mercy
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 21:41:11 PM »
My late Napoleon was the only lapcat I had and none of the others are lapcats  :(

Offline Haybop86

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mercy
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Hey, thank you so much to everyone for your warm welcome :D Also Mercy's ego has well and truly grown with all the compliments  :Luv2:

Liz - that is an amazing amount of feral cats on one bed! My parenst rescued a 'farm' cat (so meant to be part feral) until my dad took pity on it in the pouring scottish rain & put some tuna in a bowl for him - he invited himself inside & found a fire... hasn't gone back to outside living since :rofl:

Gill: Always been wondering what to say when people ask for a description of her - dilute tortie is much less of a mouthful than what I usually come out with ;D That is a shame, can't imagine a cat not being a lap cat - all the ones I've known have been (or space stealers!) At the moment Mercy's waiting until I fall asleep before using me as a heat mat (doesn't matter that I sleep on my side - wake up to her on my shoulder!)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:53 AM »
The Clan cats area motley crew of Pedigree, domestic and feral waifs and strays that live in the wilds of Aberdeenshire with their own pets my 3 cat loving Border Collies Sky who is black and white, Sunny who is red and white and the baby of the bunch my split face Blue Merle Mistral

If you stick a search in for the Clan cats you will see some of them but as a taster our bed which is a Super Kingsize and all of these darlings are ferals who don't adapt to living inside :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 22:51:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Mercy is absolutely gorgeous and what a relief that th vet showed Mercy on her! I'm sure you'll have many happy years together  :)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 19:17:03 PM »
 we have a three leg cat she was hit by a car, now this year she had to have her tail off as she still was crosing the road, :Crazy: she has at last desided to stay in our drive now, i call her my half a cat, but she likes to greet every one who visits us and gets so much atention from them, she still wont let our fox it the food i  put out for him untill she has had sum herself :rofl:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 18:10:56 PM »
Hi Hayley  :welcome: to Purrs  :) Mercy is beautiful  :Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 17:12:45 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Mercy is gorgeous  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 16:56:37 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

A dilute tortie, fabulash  ;D ;D

I am sure she will have no problem getting around and I had until mid-Aug a 3 legged birman called Ducha (Dooka). He was missing a back leg and raced around the garden in his younger years and up and downstairs. The only way he was hampered was that he couldnt get comfortable on a lap which was very sad cos think he would have loved to be a lapcat like his late brother.

He managed at age 14 to get over a 4ft fence and I caught him pulling himself up the other side to get back..........I was so scared for him.

Cats are so clever and find ways round all sorts  ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 14:06:03 PM »
She's very pretty! Well done for rescuing her.

:welcome: to Purrs!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Haybop86

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 13:55:21 PM »
You have a clan of cats :O Sorry, just read that wrong at first, provoked a funny reaction tbh ;) They sound lovely. With the strength that cats have in their back legs I'm guessing that the difference between losing a front & losing a back is quite substantial - Merce can get around just fine jumping, stair running etc but I do try to imagine what she wouldn't have been able to do without one of her back legs :S

Pictures will be forthcoming whenever she lets me take 'em - she either moves too much or positions herself with the sun behind her so she's just a shadow - think she plans it >:(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 13:33:05 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

She is goregous, I have 2 3 legged hooligans amongst the Clan cats, Maverick minus and back leg and Miss Maddison minus her front leg and shoulder her other front paw works just fine she is feral

We are an addictive bunch and love photo's
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Haybop86

• Kitten
Hello from Hayley & Mercy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
Hello all, I am the happy owner of Mercy, my rescue kitty.

I'm 26 (we think she turned 1 around March) and we are quite happy living by ourselves. I rescued Mercy from the local back in February after contemplating getting a cat for a month or two. I was originally looking at not aiming to get one until August but then was sent the link to her page by my sister, who's allergic to cats.

Mercy is the sweetest little girl, and my first cat, ever. She was found by the RSPCA with her front left leg having got stuck through a dog collar and been left to roam the streets not far from me with no care from the owner at just a few months old (they think she was only about 6 months old) and the injuries were so bad she is now minus a front left leg & shoulder blade. The rescuers called her Mercy because the vet showed some by not following his first decision that it'd be best to have her put down and instead attempt the operation!

It took all of 2 1/2 hours of her hiding under my book case before she decided to come out & play on her first day back, 3 hours to decide my lap was comfortable and it didn't take her any time at all that night to decide she liked my bed!

Because of her missing front leg, area she was found (road behind me) and the belief that the orig. owner had tried to get her back after the op etc just to avoid the vet bills I was informed that it'd be best for not to go out at all unless she was in a very secure back garden. At the moment, until I move, she's in my tardis-like 2 bed flat with cover over the windows to stop her getting out but still lets air in (plus the local street cats around here have all seen her through a window & seem rather rough... like the area ;P)

She doesn't usually stay still for pics so this is as good as it gets :S

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:37:20 PM by Haybop86, Reason: Accidental double pic post :S »

Link to CatChat