Author Topic: Hi - Newbie Here!!  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Hi - Newbie Here!!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 13:34:49 PM »
Hello BCL, and hello Lucky  :welcome:

Lovely that you've decided to join the forum, and great to hear that you've been able to give a home to an older cat - especially a gorgeous black and white one like Lucky.  She's so sweet, bless her. 

Having a cat in your life is so special, and I bet she just loves her new home.  A few of us on here have been following Paul O Grady's recent series about Battersea Dogs, and were just lamenting what a shame they couldn't do a similar one about cats in rescue.  Lucky could be our Ambasadress cat in that regard.   ;D

Gypsy will be well approving to see you happy again.   :Luv:  You're right - no two cats are ever the same, but its those differences that makes each one special, and rewards us in ways we could never imagine possible. 

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »
Hi,  :welcome: to Purrs  :) Lucky is gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Lucky is gorgeous and I used to live just down the rail line to Battersee  ;D ;D

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 23:13:17 PM »
 :drool; shes gorgeous :drool; :drool;
i'm sure Gypsy is well impressed with your new companian  :) they never replace, they just makes us love them for their own little characters  ;D ;D  :)

oh yes....this site is filled to the rafters of crazy cat ladys  :Crazy:   :rofl: :rofl: AND in the interests of Equal Opportunities....Crazy Cat Men too!!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

and whether its funny tails (sometimes literally  :scared:) or advise its on here  ;D also get to make great friends too  :)

I think you'll enjoy it here  ;D

Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 23:08:02 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Wow, 12 years is a long time to go without a cat after losing Gypsy  :hug: Lucky is gorgeous and really lives up to her name - older cats seem to have such a hard time finding a new home so to land on her paws with such a loving home is fab  :)

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 23:01:51 PM »
Thanks Sam and Funkie Chicken! Like I said, it's always great to find places like this for us mad cat lovers! It's great how they always seem to own us and get us running around after them! Like the saying goes, 'Dogs have owners, Cats have staff'! :) Am attaching another photo of her.

Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 22:58:33 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Sounds like you'll fit right in here  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Lucky is gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: and so nice that you opted for an older cat to give lots of love in their retirement years  :Luv: he certainly doesnt look 14!! Hope to hear lots of stories in the near future  ;D
.....and we do all love photos  :shify: :shify: :evillaugh:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 22:54:50 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Ahhh Lucky is gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
Hi - Newbie Here!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 22:50:16 PM »
I'm new to this forum so just thought I'd say hello! It's great to find places like this which cater for us cat lovers.

I recently adopted a cat, Lucky, through Battersea Dogs and Cats Home having finally been in a position to adopt a fur baby.  We had a family cat called Gypsy, who we lost 12 years ago, but I still miss her - she was my soul mate. Like I said, since that time I was not in a position, either financially or in terms of where I lived, able to adopt another cat.  I also felt that no cat could ever live up to Gypsy as she was the most amazing, laid back and loving cat that I'd ever known.  However, in the last year I've managed to get decent accommodation and in the last few months the urge to get a cat became stronger.  I kept thinking of Gypsy and I think that maybe her spirit was telling me to adopt another cat and give them the love that I had given her.

Hence the reason I adopted Lucky! She is 14 and an absolute sweetie!  I live in a block of flats, on the fourth floor with no access to the outside and Battersea generally prefer to rehome cats to a place with a garden, understandably.  However, there are always some cats, especially some of the older ones, who are able to be an indoor only cat and that is what Lucky is.

I'll try attaching a photo of her using photobucket, just hope it works!

Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Link to CatChat