As previously mentioned I have been considering getting a second cat and have decided to go ahead.
* Cat that gets on with other cats - current cat is a small built, timid Siberian female aged 4.
* Cat of any age but preference cat less than 3 or cat over 5 but the older cat perhaps more timid, non aggressive with other cats ( due to current cat - I think not the same exact age would improve chances of a good companionship)
* indoor Only cat or one that would not mind that lifestyle - I live in a flat with no outside access other than a small balcony which my cats have all liked to sun themselves on but maybe wouldn't suit an escape artist!
* I work full time on four days. I am sometimes home at lunchtimes but not guaranteed - so cat that this would suit.
* adult female household - no children for cat to contend with
* cat happy to share household with a timid but playful 4 year old female. My cat is used to other cats and has only been alone since nov 2011 when my second old boy was pts
* ideally a pedigree - purely because my experience has only been with pedigrees ( Maine coon, Balinese and Ragdoll) but happy to consider any pedigree, crossbreed or the right moggie (long haired perfect as used to longhaired)
Anyway I'm sure that probably sounds like an extensive and fussy list - its not meant to be just trying to find the best cat who will be happy with us forever.
I've visited one local rescue and been online looking at tons - indoor cats suitable with another cat are not too plentiful in Edinburgh. Maybe we are lucky up here :-)
I've also got in touch with one of the ragdoll rehoming groups who are planning to arrange a home check me in a couple of weeks. I previously rehomed 2 cats through UKRCC and my first boy was from a local rescue in Edinburgh.
Happy to wait a while for the right cat and probably not in a position to Rehome until October - purely because my annual leave renews then and I would take time off work to ensure cat is settling in and Nina is behaving :-)
Thanks for reading